Analysis: Obama's credibility on line in reversal

funny, all this back and forth but no one is asking the question, where did the chemical weapons come from?

Obama's credibility is not on the line.

if Congress says no, then we should NOT attack Syria!!

Obummer cannot, by simple definition, put his credibility on the line.

He'd have to HAVE some to put it on the line.

It is crystal clear that when he saw the British Parliament reject the British Prime Minister's effort to get military action against the Syrian regime authorized, Obummer saw the value in "asking" Congress.

He realizes they will say "no."

That gets his filthy cowardly ass off the line. He drew the "red line." He is going to have to back away. And he will now "blame" Congress and especially the Republicans.

He's a spineless, ball-less, pussy.

But that's ok. It is actually still a good thing for the fucking scumbag incumbent to accept a Congressional limitation.

You guys crack me up. He's playing to his audience. He wins big by making this decision. If Congress goes along with him, he gets what he wants. If they reject him and things get worse in Syria, he will say "I told you so" and then public sentiment will change in his favor. You guys don't understand politics very well. That's why Obama had such an easy time winning re-election. He is so good at this game he had all of you betting big money that Romney was going to win easily, and then he crushed him. You guys just don't get it, and then some of you talk about letting the adults take care of this? God are some of you dumb.

The ONE, Barry Obama, is a pussy.

HE is all talk and no action.

So there weren't posts on this board last week wailing about illegal war and Obama acting without congressional approval?

Come on man - you know there were.

It's amazing - Obama does what conservatives ask for, and this is your response.

Stepahnie -

It doesn't get any better..

SNIP:

Barack Obama is proving an embarrassing amateur on the world stage compared to George W. Bush

Once again, it's interesting to see your anti-Americanism presented so clearly and honestly.

It must be party time at your house every time unemployment numbers go up!

President Obama created his own perdicament by getting the cart before the hoirse. He should have consulted congress before he issued threats. The British rejection of their PMs propose attack scheme should be an object lesson.

Analysis: Obama's credibility on line in reversal | General Headlines | Comcast

The stunning reversal also raises questions about the president's decisiveness and could embolden leaders in Syria, Iran, North Korea and elsewhere, leaving them with the impression of a U.S. president unwilling to back up his words with actions.The president, in a hastily announced statement Saturday in the White House Rose Garden, argued that he did in fact have the power to act on his own. But faced with the prospect of taking action opposed by many Americans, the commander in chief tried to shift the burden and instead round up partners on Capitol Hill to share in that responsibility.

"While I believe I have the authority to carry out this military action without specific congressional authorization, I know that the country will be stronger if we take this course, and our actions will be even more effective," Obama said. "We should have this debate."

The consequences for Obama's turnabout could be sweeping, both at home and abroad. If Congress votes against military action, it would mark a humiliating defeat for a second-term president already fighting to stay relevant and wield influence in Washington. It could also weaken his standing internationally at a time when there are already growing questions about the scope of American influence, particularly in the Arab world.

Humiliating :eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

He went to Congress because his International coalition folded like a cheap Tiawain suitcase

-Geaux

Stepahnie -

It doesn't get any better..

SNIP:

Barack Obama is proving an embarrassing amateur on the world stage compared to George W. Bush

Once again, it's interesting to see your anti-Americanism presented so clearly and honestly.

It must be party time at your house every time unemployment numbers go up!

once again you sit in your ivory Finland tower and throw stones...go worry about your own country

Clearly, as Jake points out, Obama could act for 60 days without congressional approval.

But he wants Congress to either co-sign on operation or own the tragedy that is going to follow.

So now we are going to have to make a decision. Is what Syria did serious enough to warrant action?

Clearly, as Jake points out, Obama could act for 60 days without congressional approval.

But he wants Congress to either co-sign on operation or own the tragedy that is going to follow.

So now we are going to have to make a decision. Is what Syria did serious enough to warrant action?

No

-Geaux

The stunning reversal also raises questions about the president's decisiveness and could embolden leaders in Syria, Iran, North Korea and elsewhere, leaving them with the impression of a U.S. president unwilling to back up his words with actions.The president, in a hastily announced statement Saturday in the White House Rose Garden, argued that he did in fact have the power to act on his own. But faced with the prospect of taking action opposed by many Americans, the commander in chief tried to shift the burden and instead round up partners on Capitol Hill to share in that responsibility.

"While I believe I have the authority to carry out this military action without specific congressional authorization, I know that the country will be stronger if we take this course, and our actions will be even more effective," Obama said. "We should have this debate."

The consequences for Obama's turnabout could be sweeping, both at home and abroad. If Congress votes against military action, it would mark a humiliating defeat for a second-term president already fighting to stay relevant and wield influence in Washington. It could also weaken his standing internationally at a time when there are already growing questions about the scope of American influence, particularly in the Arab world.

It might weaken his standing in IslamoLAND but it does much to strengthen his credibility in the USA where it REALLY counts.

My guess is that Obama has successfully avoided having any of this situation pinned on him.

I strongly suspect the media sees this and will obediently play along, pretending his "red line" comment never happened and focusing most of the attention on Congress. Obama will (once again) be positioned as doing absolutely everything he could but completely hostage to the actions of others. Essentially a victim.

This guy is good.

It might weaken his standing in IslamoLAND but it does much to strengthen his credibility in the USA where it REALLY counts.

Why did he not go to congress FIRST before building an International coalition...... wait, they flipped him the bird too.

So now he expects congress to do what our dear leader was hoping his hero's at the UN would do

Good luck with that

-Geaux

Forum List

Back