Analysis: Obama's credibility on line in reversal

Analysis: Obama's credibility on line in reversal | General Headlines | Comcast

The stunning reversal also raises questions about the president's decisiveness and could embolden leaders in Syria, Iran, North Korea and elsewhere, leaving them with the impression of a U.S. president unwilling to back up his words with actions.The president, in a hastily announced statement Saturday in the White House Rose Garden, argued that he did in fact have the power to act on his own. But faced with the prospect of taking action opposed by many Americans, the commander in chief tried to shift the burden and instead round up partners on Capitol Hill to share in that responsibility.

"While I believe I have the authority to carry out this military action without specific congressional authorization, I know that the country will be stronger if we take this course, and our actions will be even more effective," Obama said. "We should have this debate."

The consequences for Obama's turnabout could be sweeping, both at home and abroad. If Congress votes against military action, it would mark a humiliating defeat for a second-term president already fighting to stay relevant and wield influence in Washington. It could also weaken his standing internationally at a time when there are already growing questions about the scope of American influence, particularly in the Arab world.

Humiliating :eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Well as was easily predicted,

the deranged are finding ways to bash Obama whichever way he goes.

Go in, don't go in, get Congressional authorization, don't get Congressional authorization, left, right, up, down, forwards, backwards,

whichever, whatever,

the deranged Right says Obama is wrong.

You people really do loathe the thought of being taken seriously don't you?

My favorite comment:

Now the world sees him for what he is. A weak-kneed, lily-livered, clotheshorse with less sand than a three minute egg timer.

That says it all.

obama is his own victim. Of course there was nothing he could do. Whatever he would do is going to be wrong. He did it to himself. He painted himself into this corner by saying without thinking. That's something he does frequently. Any outcome was going to be the worst possible outcome. He decided not to decide. That's his decision.

All obama wants to do now is extricate himself with some shred of decency to cover his nakedness. Congress will vote against him. He will get on television, wring his hands and say he wanted to be a leader, but again the republicans wouldn't let him.

Unfortunately obama is going to be facing the same people who just pissed in his beer next week at the G20. The nation will be represented by obama the failure. If he is smart, he will have a health emergency and not go. He will go to bed with a martini and a cold cloth on his brow.

How so?

Is the rest of the world rushing in there to fix Syrias problems?

I am happy to see that I've managed to convert tens of thousands of former neocons into following my own peacenik isolationism.

See, I was smarter than you all along. Keep that in mind whenever you disagree with me in the future.

The stunning reversal also raises questions about the president's decisiveness and could embolden leaders in Syria, Iran, North Korea and elsewhere, leaving them with the impression of a U.S. president unwilling to back up his words with actions.The president, in a hastily announced statement Saturday in the White House Rose Garden, argued that he did in fact have the power to act on his own. But faced with the prospect of taking action opposed by many Americans, the commander in chief tried to shift the burden and instead round up partners on Capitol Hill to share in that responsibility.

"While I believe I have the authority to carry out this military action without specific congressional authorization, I know that the country will be stronger if we take this course, and our actions will be even more effective," Obama said. "We should have this debate."

The consequences for Obama's turnabout could be sweeping, both at home and abroad. If Congress votes against military action, it would mark a humiliating defeat for a second-term president already fighting to stay relevant and wield influence in Washington. It could also weaken his standing internationally at a time when there are already growing questions about the scope of American influence, particularly in the Arab world.

If Congress votes no to any punitive action against the Assad Regime, and another attack occurs, that will be on Congress, not the President. Smart move on his part, particularly if the UN finds that chemical weapons were definitely the cause of all those deaths. Obama is going to Congress because a large portion of its members asked him to involve them in the decision-making process. Congressional leaders all agree that this is the way it needs to be done. So if they vote against any action, they will bear the responsibility for the consequences. It should also be pointed out that Congress passed in 1997 the treaty banning the production and use of chemical weapons, so it is largely their responsibility to see that it is enforced. If they don't enforce it, that will send a terrible message to the world that we don't abide by our treaty obligations, and cannot be counted on to prevent rogue governments and terrorists from manufacturing, and/or obtaining them and using them.
So you are suggesting that Obama is doing this action with congress as a set up on them, where as they will be put on the hot seat instead of Obama when it all goes wrong, so is this what you are saying ? If this is what you are saying, then isn't this yet another example of Obama's weakness as a President, and also an example of his being a cunning and yet weak person in character, and that this is to big for him so lets get others involved so I won't screw up anymore than I have in the past ? I mean wouldn't this also be a cleaning up of the mess that he has created so far, where as he ignited this so called Arab Spring or gave his support for it in which has set the middle east on fire ever since ?

President Obama created his own perdicament by getting the cart before the hoirse. He should have consulted congress before he issued threats. The British rejection of their PMs propose attack scheme should be an object lesson.
Exactly and well put, as this reminds me of all the other instances where he has done the same thing. Now he wants someone else to clean it all up for him. Yes congress is needed and always is, but not after the facts as a clean up action for someone else's failures.

Go in, don't go in, get Congressional authorization, don't get Congressional authorization, left, right, up, down, forwards, backwards,

whichever, whatever,

So you are saying that he does whatever he does now, just to please the right ? How about him making wise decisions that don't need to be pleasing to anyone other than God, and then the good people of this earth that still believe in God, wouldn't that work to ? The man has no inner moral compass, and that is why you have to defend him in this way by blaming the right or any other that see's what the man is made out of when they don't just jump up and agree.

My guess is that Obama has successfully avoided having any of this situation pinned on him.

I strongly suspect the media sees this and will obediently play along, pretending his "red line" comment never happened and focusing most of the attention on Congress. Obama will (once again) be positioned as doing absolutely everything he could but completely hostage to the actions of others. Essentially a victim.

This guy is good.

Of course he is, as Jeremiah Wright taught him everything he knows about being the victim or playing the victim.

I am happy to see that I've managed to convert tens of thousands of former neocons into following my own peacenik isolationism.

See, I was smarter than you all along. Keep that in mind whenever you disagree with me in the future.

hummmokey, what ever manages to blows your skirt up:rolleyes:

President Obama created his own perdicament by getting the cart before the hoirse. He should have consulted congress before he issued threats. The British rejection of their PMs propose attack scheme should be an object lesson.
Exactly and well put, as this reminds me of all the other instances where he has done the same thing. Now he wants someone else to clean it all up for him. Yes congress is needed and always is, but not after the facts as a clean up action for someone else's failures.

WHAT failure?

Can you explain what you think Obama should have done in regard to the chemical weapons attack, and how you see what Obama has done as a failure?

Or have you just proven NY Carbiner correct?

he wants Congress to either co-sign on operation or own the tragedy that is going to follow.
what "tragedy" could you be speaking about ?? all i see is a win, win situation when muslimes are killing other muslimes !! :up: the fewer muslimes on this planet the beter :up:

Obama's credibility is not on the line.

if Congress says no, then we should NOT attack Syria!!

If congress votes no now, the problem doesn't go away. The Civil War will rage on and get worse, for sure, since Saudi Arabia and the CIA are funding and supplying the rebels. The conditions and tensions that caused the first CW attack will become doubly worse, and what's the chance it won't happen again? Near zero? Obama knows this, so he might as well take his time and get support from congress because the game is fixed, and he can't lose. Obama losing something big. lol You're delusional.

whichever, whatever,

So you are saying that he does whatever he does now, just to please the right ? How about him making wise decisions that don't need to be pleasing to anyone other than God, and then the good people of this earth that still believe in God, wouldn't that work to ? The man has no inner moral compass, and that is why you have to defend him in this way by blaming the right or any other that see's what the man is made out of when they don't just jump up and agree.

He's president, not pope.

I guess you're pretending you haven't seen all the rightwing posts around here claiming that it would be unconstitutional for the President to attack Syria without congressional authorization.

My guess is that Obama has successfully avoided having any of this situation pinned on him.

I strongly suspect the media sees this and will obediently play along, pretending his "red line" comment never happened and focusing most of the attention on Congress. Obama will (once again) be positioned as doing absolutely everything he could but completely hostage to the actions of others. Essentially a victim.

This guy is good.

Maybe.

Or the situation is that bad. Frankly, any Republican who votes against action, after supporting the invasion of Iraq, would be a hypocrite of the first order.

So now, they are going to have to put up or shut up. You forgoe actio in Syria, you forgo action against Iran if they build a nuke. (Pssst. The Zionists will never let THAT happen.)

I think going into Syria would be a mistake. But doing nothing would probably be just as bad.

he wants Congress to either co-sign on operation or own the tragedy that is going to follow.
what "tragedy" could you be speaking about ?? all i see is a win, win situation when muslimes are killing other muslimes !! :up: the fewer muslimes on this planet the beter :up:

Wow. So you think it's okay to kill children because they are "Muslims"?

Really?

WHAT failure?

Can you explain what you think Obama should have done in regard to the chemical weapons attack, and how you see what Obama has done as a failure?

Are you losing it with that question you just asked, and especially in the way that you just asked it ?

Of course he couldn't have prevented the attack, thus it making him a failure somehow because of the attack that happened in which he couldn't have prevented.

It instead is all of the spouting off of his mouth quickly before he gains all the knowledge and facts about things or he truly knows what he is doing or saying before speaking that keeps getting him into trouble. He feels that the American people elected him to be the leader of the civilized world because of his smooth and cunning speak in which he used to get the job, and therefore gain the people over by this whom support him, but what this has caused is for him to actually believe that he has infinite wisdom (blew his head up like a huge balloon), so he feels that he has to throw out quickly these fast analogies or answers to his supporters, in order to make them know that he is who they think he is (super smart), and the savior of those who needed a savior to save them from the wicked old evil ones who are in the world, and that exist here or out in the world.

After the many events or incidents that have taken place here and/or over seas in which he does this action with his speak, it is causing him to then turn back and resort to damage control because of his own misspeaks in which he seems to have no control over because his head is up in the clouds thinking that he was empowered because he is actually smarter than most that are around him or near him, and so he tries to not disappoint by appearing smart in his quick assessments of a situation, and then his quick speaking on it regardless as to whether or not he was wrong when he spoke quickly when he did. He is smart, but in what way is he smart is where the jury is still locked in trying to understand and define for his legacy.

He should of called congress in before going the International route. Now he has to back pedal

-Geaux

WHAT failure?

Are you losing it with that question you just asked, and especially in the way that you just asked it ?

Of course he couldn't have prevented the attack, thus it making him a failure somehow because of the attack that happened in which he couldn't have prevented.

It instead is all of the spouting off of his mouth quickly before he gains all the knowledge and facts about things or he truly knows what he is doing or saying before speaking that keeps getting him into trouble. He feels that the American people elected him to be the leader of the civilized world because of his smooth and cunning speak in which he used to get the job, and therefore gain the people over by this whom support him, but what this has caused is for him to actually believe that he has infinite wisdom (blew his head up like a huge balloon), so he feels that he has to throw out quickly these fast analogies or answers to his supporters, in order to make them know that he is who they think he is (super smart), and the savior of those who needed a savior to save them from the wicked old evil ones who are in the world, and that exist here or out in the world.

After the many events or incidents that have taken place here and/or over seas in which he does this action with his speak, it is causing him to then turn back and resort to damage control because of his own misspeaks in which he seems to have no control over because his head is up in the clouds thinking that he was empowered because he is actually smarter than most that are around him or near him, and so he tries to not disappoint by appearing smart in his quick assessments of a situation, and then his quick speaking on it regardless as to whether or not he was wrong when he spoke quickly when he did. He is smart, but in what way is he smart is where the jury is still locked in trying to understand and define for his legacy.

For the record state your position on whether we should or should not take military action against the Syrian regime for having used chemical weapons.

He should of called congress in before going the International route. Now he has to back pedal

-Geaux

Actually, both Congress and the International Community has repeatedly said that there should be consquences if Assad used Chemical Weapons.

So why should he have to go back to Congress when Congress already set a standard.

They could call this the "Do you really mean it?" bill.

Incidently, I personally still lean against military action, because unless we are going to send in about four divisions to get that place under control, we are going to end up tipping a civil war in a direction of one of two sides we don't want to win.

-Geaux

What he should have done is kept his fucking mouth shut when he was acting all 'Badass' during his President Badass, I killed Usama bin Floatin' campaign.

But he didn't because he's all mouth.

Most people think about the 'next step' BEFORE they make a threat.

Except for the dumbest motherfuckers on Earth -- dimocrap scum.

If I tell you (not you, you but another 'you') to stop harassing my wife, I've already thought about what I'm going to do if you don't.

I might have already decided that I'm going to kick you in the nuts or I might have already decided that I'm just going to leave or I might have decided that I'm going to draw down on you and make you piss your pants.

But the Stuttering Clusterfukk isn't a Man. Not even close to being a Man.

He is the product of being a punk born into White Privilege while drawing on all the perqs of being 'Black'. A Cake Boy. A hipster punk-assed bitch.

He's a punk bitch. He gave no thought to what he would do if the Syrians and Russians thumbed their collective noses at him. Which they did mostly because they know as well as I do that he's a punk bitch.

What he's doing now is trying to shift responsibility for his stupidity onto Congress. Like any other punk bitch would do.

And the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM will push that meme -- As big a lie as it is, they'll push it.

I'd like to see Congress approve action in a way that makes it COMPLETELY his responsibility to take the initiative on the raid on Syria.

But I don't see how they can.

So no matter what they do, the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM will absolve Black Jesus of any wrong doing.

Congress has to vote him down on this. He'll walk away saying that it is no longer his responsibility what happens in Syria. Just like the punk bitch he is.

He won't get hurt politically because the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM will cover him for the rest of his term, but World Wide? To our Allies and those who count on us?

We just lost all credibility.

To our enemies?

They're laughing at us.

This individual is the worst piece of fucking shit in the history of our Country to occupy the White House.

And dimocraps are the scum of the Earth.

Forum List

Back