Analyzing A Practical Minimum Wage

This is 'tarded. In some areas of the country this is true, for others it's 'tarded.

That's why minimum wage is 'tarded.

That's my it's done as a national average. In some parts of the country the cost of living is higher than the article says, in some places it is lower. But I would leave the door open for some negotiation on the numbers for a state to state min, so long as it met the same standards.

So then we don't have to "help" people get off welfare now do we?

They"ll be kicked off and have to support themselves like they should have been doing all along

Maybe you haven't notices the homeless problem and overflowing prisons.

You can't support yourself on a min wage job.

dear $10 and hour is $400 for just a 40 hour week! With a room mate and 2 jobs each its $83,000/yr.

Who spends 75 USD a month on fucking clothes? WHo actually needs to do that?
Who, as a single individual needs to spend 400 USD per month on misc. items? Oh, right. No one.

'tarded, son. 'tarded.

You should really read the article. The $75 a month isn't just to BUY clothes, but also to cover laundry costs. And while you may not spend $75 in one month for clothes, you might wind up needing a $100 pair of boots for work next month, for example.

This is 'tarded. In some areas of the country this is true, for others it's 'tarded.

That's my it's done as a national average. In some parts of the country the cost of living is higher than the article says, in some places it is lower. But I would leave the door open for some negotiation on the numbers for a state to state min, so long as it met the same standards.

Well, that is very generous of you, ya little dictator. That said, you missed the point. And absolutely no one NEEDS to spend 400 USD monthly on Misc. This isn't eh federal governments budgeting techniques we're talking about here.

'tarded.

Well, that is very generous of you, ya little dictator. That said, you missed the point. And absolutely no one NEEDS to spend 400 USD monthly on Misc. This isn't eh federal governments budgeting techniques we're talking about here.

'tarded.

Um, yeah, actually it is. Go back and read the OP article and then comment. Thanks.

So then we don't have to "help" people get off welfare now do we?

They"ll be kicked off and have to support themselves like they should have been doing all along

Maybe you haven't notices the homeless problem and overflowing prisons.

You can't support yourself on a min wage job.

dear $10 and hour is $400 for just a 40 hour week! With a room mate and 2 jobs each its $83,000/yr.
But asking someone to work 80hrs a week is evil. Much better to give them welfare if they agree to keep their hrs to 30 a week. That way they have more time to smoke weed and play video games.

Who spends 75 USD a month on fucking clothes? WHo actually needs to do that?
Who, as a single individual needs to spend 400 USD per month on misc. items? Oh, right. No one.

'tarded, son. 'tarded.

You should really read the article. The $75 a month isn't just to BUY clothes, but also to cover laundry costs. And while you may not spend $75 in one month for clothes, you might wind up needing a $100 pair of boots for work next month, for example.

Who needs a 100 USD pair of boots??

Where the fuck are you coming up with these necessity numbers? Good grief.

Then get more than one job.

And do you realize that only about 3% of workers are making the federal minimum wage?

In that 3% are service workers who also get tips

But you are not talking about raising the minimum wage only when you talk about this so called living wage. Youi are talking about raising everyone's income under some arbitrary amount.

And if you think that labor costs don't factor into product price you don't know squat about running a business.

If you can't make enough money working one job, get a second! That's the American way!

Raising the minimum wage is far from arbitrary. If it increased the same as a Big Mac (1970 to today) the minimum wage today would be $17.40/hr. That's 1200%.

Labor costs were already added to product costs, the costs weren't passed onto labor. It's called wage disparity or profits before anything.

'tarded.

Um, yeah, actually it is. Go back and read the OP article and then comment. Thanks.

So, the article in question is using federal government budgetary techniques to reach their numbers?

:lmao:

No wonder it's 'tarded.

Then get more than one job.

And do you realize that only about 3% of workers are making the federal minimum wage?

In that 3% are service workers who also get tips

But you are not talking about raising the minimum wage only when you talk about this so called living wage. Youi are talking about raising everyone's income under some arbitrary amount.

And if you think that labor costs don't factor into product price you don't know squat about running a business.

If you can't make enough money working one job, get a second! That's the American way!

Raising the minimum wage is far from arbitrary. If it increased the same as a Big Mac (1970 to today) the minimum wage today would be $17.40/hr. That's 1200%.

Labor costs were already added to product costs, the costs weren't passed onto labor. It's called wage disparity or profits before anything.

of course wages matter thats why 30 million jobs have moved to China!! see why we say slow?

But asking someone to work 80hrs a week is evil. Much better to give them welfare if they agree to keep their hrs to 30 a week. That way they have more time to smoke weed and play video games.

It is not at all unreasonable to expect to earn a basic living at 40 hours per week. Overtime and second jobs should be there to afford the "extras" or be there to dig yourself out if you have a sudden emergency, like a car-wreck, or a sudden illness not covered by insurance.

A decent pair of workboots are going to cost you 80 to 100 bucks. Now go read the article, like I said. They were quite detailed in how they came up with their numbers.

A decent pair of workboots are going to cost you 80 to 100 bucks. Now go read the article, like I said. They were quite detailed in how they came up with their numbers.

Yeah, I saw how they got their numbers. By guessing, making assumptions and then guessing some more. It's fucking 'tarded, friend.

Completely fucking tarded.

No one NEEDS to buy 100 USD boots. You can get boots for much, much cheaper than that if you're of low income.

You think we need to raise the minimum wage so that people can have expensive shit, based off completely arbitrarily gained figures about the spending of an individual.

Good god it's just whack-a-mole with you types on this board.

It is not at all unreasonable to expect to earn a basic living at 40 hours per week.

so then the lib nazi can decide how many hours is "reasonable" and anything else he wants. The liberal has 1000 soviet interventions(cap n trade, obamacare, etc) in mind only because he lacks the IQ to understand how capitalism works.

If you ask a liberal what books he has read on how capitalism works he would admit the idea never crossed his mind. Liberalism is based in pure ignorance. It is a cancer that must be destroyed.

Why not suggest that individuals not pay income tax so that they can keep their productivity, instead of suggesting that the government mandate businesses pay a higher bare minimum to teenagers and dumb fucks?

That's a rhetorical question, BTW.

Yeah, I saw how they got their numbers. By guessing, making assumptions and then guessing some more. It's fucking 'tarded, friend.

No one NEEDS to buy 100 USD boots. You can get boots for much, much cheaper than that if you're of low income.

You think we need to raise the minimum wage so that people can have expensive shit, based off completely arbitrarily gained figures about the spending of an individual.

I spent $25 on a pair of boots at Kmart a few months ago. The boots blew out in a few weeks and I wound up at the podiatrist and the chiropractor. Yes, I need to spend a hundred bucks on a decent pair of work boots.

of course wages matter thats why 30 million jobs have moved to China!! see why we say slow?

So Third World America is okay with you? Why should ANYONE be paid more than a buck a day then?

100% stupid and perfectly liberal. You've learned 100 times now that capitalism forces business to pay the highest wages possible and produce the best products possible in order to survive in a competitive international environment.

Do you see why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance. A liberal will be 100% incapable of learning and so a perfect recruit for nazis and communists.

I spent $25 on a pair of boots at Kmart a few months ago. The boots blew out in a few weeks and I wound up at the podiatrist and the chiropractor. Yes, I need to spend a hundred bucks on a decent pair of work boots.

So because you're a poor shopper for quality at a good price, that must mean everyone else is too.

I bought a pair of awesome bots that retail for 60 USD for 40 USD on sale and they are now two years old and just need to be replaced.

Authoritarians are not only frustratingly arrogant, they are dumb as fuck to boot.

Forum List

Back