🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

And a dude from Berkley stabs someone to death over pronoun.

Yeah, birth defect is also a currently accepted term.

That doesn't address the use of gender pronouns in any way.

There are only two natural genders and we already know the appropriate pronouns and have known them for thousands of years. Reality is reality.

I'll say again, some people are born without the usual biological characteristics of the male and female sexes. This occurs naturally, if rarely.

What appropriate pronoun has been in use for thousands of years for such individuals? Also, what language is it that has been used for thousands of years and used the same pronouns? English hasn't been around for multiple thousands of years as far as I know. For that matter, I don't believe all languages use gender specific pronouns, or even personal pronouns at all.

You seem to have an unusual version of reality. :p

Yep, that's why it called a birth defect and name one language that doesn't have a word for "boy", "girl", "man" or "woman".

"Birth defect" is not a gender pronoun.

"Boy," "girl," "man," and "woman" are not pronouns.

Perhaps you shouldn't worry so much about attempting to denigrate the knowledge or intelligence of others when you don't even understand such simple terms.

Definition of PRONOUN
Personal pronouns are the ones directly relevant to this thread.

As far as languages without gender specific pronouns, according to this site, there are 254 languages that do not use gender specific personal pronouns: WALS Online - Feature 44A: Gender Distinctions in Independent Personal Pronouns

I know it's Wiki, but according to this there are languages with no third-person personal pronouns at all, giving Macedonian and Latin as examples: Personal pronoun - Wikipedia

Boy, I just couldn't get over all the little white dots all through north, central and latin America and most of the languages they listed are extinct or near extinct. How many people do you know that speak Comanche? I tried to read a couple of their references and they may as well been printed in Chinese.

Ah, I see. Well, I can't speak for every instance, but in some cases I'd probably agree with you about things not being covered.

It's interesting that you resort to insults so often when asked for clarification. Perhaps that has to do with the weak nature of your arguments?
Its a result of hard headed insecurity and ego... along with weak arguments and lack of intellect.

Right, that's why you've posted the vast array of peer reviewed scientific studies showing nature produces more than two genders.
I never claimed anything about what nature produces. In fact it was the other poster who articulately sited the scientific differences in gender which included not two but three different types as some people are born with chromosomes of both sexes.

What your simple mind doesn't seem to grasp is the fact that this conversation is about gender identity, not biological gender/sex. There is a social and psychological aspect to their argument which you seem to completely dismiss.

You're right, you chose to enable both aspects, I chose not to. Society shouldn't be enabling and the psychological folks should be treating them to accept their place in the natural order.
Problem is, your natural order is diffeeent than other people's natural order. You seem to have a problem accepting that

So nature is now fluid too? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't address the use of gender pronouns in any way.

There are only two natural genders and we already know the appropriate pronouns and have known them for thousands of years. Reality is reality.

I'll say again, some people are born without the usual biological characteristics of the male and female sexes. This occurs naturally, if rarely.

What appropriate pronoun has been in use for thousands of years for such individuals? Also, what language is it that has been used for thousands of years and used the same pronouns? English hasn't been around for multiple thousands of years as far as I know. For that matter, I don't believe all languages use gender specific pronouns, or even personal pronouns at all.

Yep, that's why it called a birth defect and name one language that doesn't have a word for "boy", "girl", "man" or "woman".

Perhaps you shouldn't worry so much about attempting to denigrate the knowledge or intelligence of others when you don't even understand such simple terms.

Definition of PRONOUN

As far as languages without gender specific pronouns, according to this site, there are 254 languages that do not use gender specific personal pronouns: WALS Online - Feature 44A: Gender Distinctions in Independent Personal Pronouns

I know it's Wiki, but according to this there are languages with no third-person personal pronouns at all, giving Macedonian and Latin as examples: Personal pronoun - Wikipedia

Boy, I just couldn't get over all the little white dots all through north, central and latin America and most of the languages they listed are extinct or near extinct. How many people do you know that speak Comanche? I tried to read a couple of their references and they may as well been printed in Chinese.

I notice you completely ignored the fact that the words you listed were not pronouns, which is the subject we've been posting about. I also notice you ignored the fact that "birth defect" is not a gender pronoun, again, the subject we've been posting about.

Instead you complain that there aren't enough prominent languages that don't have gender specific personal pronouns. :lol:

You debating skills, like your understanding of word definitions, seem to be lacking.

Here we are folks. Just when you thought there was no way to hate the left more today than you did.

Pedro Gomez, a dirty fucking scumbag for obvious reasons, stabbed a woman to death for referring to him as a him. He felt he needed to be referred to as "they."

The worst part of this story other than this dirty scumbag (for obvious reasons) is yahoo and their plethora of marxist piece of shit writers seem to be suggesting that this should "renew" the pronoun "problem."

Berkeley killing renews debate over gender pronouns

Filthy dirty fucking scumbag (for obvious reasons. )

What a fucking stupid story (albeit, tragic) to post on a POLITICAL forum......

Actually, given screwed up right wingers' mindset, the low-life that committed the act, could have easily bought and used an assault rifle instead of a knife.
Yeah but he didn't need an assault rifle, the outcome would have been the same anyway [minus your outrage that we still have a constitution], the only way an assault rifle could have changed anything is if the victim had bought one instead.

Its a result of hard headed insecurity and ego... along with weak arguments and lack of intellect.

Right, that's why you've posted the vast array of peer reviewed scientific studies showing nature produces more than two genders.
I never claimed anything about what nature produces. In fact it was the other poster who articulately sited the scientific differences in gender which included not two but three different types as some people are born with chromosomes of both sexes.

What your simple mind doesn't seem to grasp is the fact that this conversation is about gender identity, not biological gender/sex. There is a social and psychological aspect to their argument which you seem to completely dismiss.

You're right, you chose to enable both aspects, I chose not to. Society shouldn't be enabling and the psychological folks should be treating them to accept their place in the natural order.
Problem is, your natural order is diffeeent than other people's natural order. You seem to have a problem accepting that

You're right, I guess the world is still flat then huh?

Definition of PRONOUN

I notice you completely ignored the fact that the words you listed were not pronouns, which is the subject we've been posting about. I also notice you ignored the fact that "birth defect" is not a gender pronoun, again, the subject we've been posting about.

Instead you complain that there aren't enough prominent languages that don't have gender specific personal pronouns. :lol:

You debating skills, like your understanding of word definitions, seem to be lacking.

Hermaphrodite isn't a pronoun either it's a birth defect. And to my knowledge ALL PROMINENT languages have gender specific pronouns. But that's all irrelevant because our language (English) does and we're discussing a US story.

You're right, I guess the world is still flat then huh?

No more than nature is fluid. Get back to me when it no longer takes a male and a female to naturally conceive a human offspring.

you do know that knives are used to kill more people annually than all types of rifles combines don't you?

No of course you don't

Well, moron....Count the perpetrators who kill with a knife...VERSUS the number of perpetrators who kill with a firearm.

My point was and IS that you right wing idiots, through your fellow idiot, Trump, just allowed mentally unstable people to easily purchase a firearm.....at will.
no unless you call a person mentally unstable if he's on social security and need help balancing his checkbook

qmeme_1452091566267_601.jpg

Fewer crimes, not less. Crimes committed by individuals are committed in quantifiable units.

You could say, however, 'Statistics show that less crime is committed by criminals after they've been shot'. As crime (in gene) is a less quantitative concept than crimes.

Definition of PRONOUN

Hermaphrodite isn't a pronoun either it's a birth defect. And to my knowledge ALL PROMINENT languages have gender specific pronouns. But that's all irrelevant because our language (English) does and we're discussing a US story.

I realize we are talking about English. However, you claimed that the appropriate pronouns for gender have been in use for thousands of years. English is less than two thousand years old, so clearly the appropriate pronouns in English have not been in use for thousands of years.

What is the appropriate gender pronoun to use for someone born without a clear male or female gender? I assume you know, since the appropriate pronouns have been known for thousands of years. Maybe we should just use boy or girl, as you mentioned earlier. Sure, they aren't pronouns, but why let little details get in the way? ;)

Forum List

Back