And here we go: Pedophilia is being normalized.

While I"d agree the op may have 'stayed at the fair too long' any public awareness about something threatening children is worth discussing. Can counter false facts and the like with actual facts, provide sources, etc. Do that myself often enough. But not talking about it is even worse I think.

I am not saying that it should not be discussed and that people do not need to be aware and vigilant. I worked in the child protective services field for many years. I investigated child sexual abuse and make no mistake about it, it is all sexual abuse because children and most teens do not have the mental and emotional capacity to consent to sex with an adult who always hold the power. Yet it happens and it takes a terrible toll on these kids.

What I'm questioning is why the sudden concern now? Lets face it and be honest. We both know it is because of the recent advances in gay rights. Look at the moronic things that some people are saying ( post 157 for instance) That is what this thread is really about. Fear mongering. Gay bashing. And that is just as stupid as stupid gets.

The fact is that gay men are not pedophiles. I know who the pedophiles are and it is almost always men who identify as straight but really can't have an age appropriate relationship with anyone so they turn to children. They are often not particularly concerned about the gender of the victim children, but if it is male on male sex, they are labeled as "homosexuals" thus contributing to the myth that gay men are a treat to children. The fact is that they are not the same people who we seen wanting to marry their same sex partner.

A man that has sex with a prepubescent boy is both a homosexual and a pedophile. End of story.

Is this "dumb it down Wednesday" ?

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID Wednesday is more like it. Do you disagree with my statement?

If by that statement you are implying that the adult male who has sex with a male child is the same as the gay men who we are talking about who have fought for the right to marry and who have age appropriate relationships with other men, then yes, I most certainly disagree.

I am saying that if an adult male has sex with another male he is a homosexual. If that other male is a young boy he is also a pedophile. I consider both of them a perversion and abnormal.

I am not saying that it should not be discussed and that people do not need to be aware and vigilant. I worked in the child protective services field for many years. I investigated child sexual abuse and make no mistake about it, it is all sexual abuse because children and most teens do not have the mental and emotional capacity to consent to sex with an adult who always hold the power. Yet it happens and it takes a terrible toll on these kids.

What I'm questioning is why the sudden concern now? Lets face it and be honest. We both know it is because of the recent advances in gay rights. Look at the moronic things that some people are saying ( post 157 for instance) That is what this thread is really about. Fear mongering. Gay bashing. And that is just as stupid as stupid gets.

The fact is that gay men are not pedophiles. I know who the pedophiles are and it is almost always men who identify as straight but really can't have an age appropriate relationship with anyone so they turn to children. They are often not particularly concerned about the gender of the victim children, but if it is male on male sex, they are labeled as "homosexuals" thus contributing to the myth that gay men are a treat to children. The fact is that they are not the same people who we seen wanting to marry their same sex partner.

A man that has sex with a prepubescent boy is both a homosexual and a pedophile. End of story.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID Wednesday is more like it. Do you disagree with my statement?

If by that statement you are implying that the adult male who has sex with a male child is the same as the gay men who we are talking about who have fought for the right to marry and who have age appropriate relationships with other men, then yes, I most certainly disagree.

I am saying that if an adult male has sex with another male he is a homosexual. If that other male is a young boy he is also a pedophile. I consider both of them a perversion and abnormal.

Your problem. I consider ignorance a perversion and abnormal.

Your problem. I consider ignorance a perversion and abnormal.

I certainly do as well. I have been told that neither condition is curable and would prefer the death penalty for a pedophile.

I'm not upset in the least. I just don't see what the point is. The laws are the laws and most have been what they are for a long time. Yet the OP claims that pedophilia is now on the way to being normalized. Why, because the APA is making a distinction in terminology between those who act on their impulses and those who do not? It is alluding to greater acceptance of adults having sex with pre pubescent children and that is not the case at all. The OP being alarmist, and I believe that there is a nefarious motive given the timing , if you know what I mean.

Unless there is reason to believe that there is a push to allow or condone sex between children and adults, or that laws are changing in this area, this all seems rather useless.

While I"d agree the op may have 'stayed at the fair too long' any public awareness about something threatening children is worth discussing. Can counter false facts and the like with actual facts, provide sources, etc. Do that myself often enough. But not talking about it is even worse I think.

The fact is that gay men are not pedophiles. I know who the pedophiles are and it is almost always men who identify as straight but really can't have an age appropriate relationship with anyone so they turn to children. In other cases, they have had adult relationships and are even married ( to a woman) but for various reason have regress into a fixation on children

They are often not particularly concerned about the gender of the victim children, but if it is male on male sex, they are labeled as "homosexuals" thus contributing to the myth that gay men are a treat to children. The fact is that they are not the same people who we seen wanting to marry their same sex partner.

You don't know that. In fact, homosexual men, just like heterosexuals, have a range of attraction that quite often goes well below the age of consent. Did you see Chris Hansen's "To Catch A Predator" series? Men drove for hundreds of miles around to have sex with who they thought was a 13 year old girl. What the hell makes you think gay men are special and don't have this exact same affliction?

I never said that they were special. The point is that they are no more likely to prey on children than straight men. Yet they are portrayed as being a special danger to children.
Sure they are. Up to 40 times more.

Equine excrement!

I am going to lay this horseshit about gays being sexual predators to rest once and for all.

This an extensive and excellent course offered on line by the US Department of Justice on child sexual abuse. It includes an extensive assessment of the characteristic of child sexual predators. It is also the best evidence that I can offer to counter the claims by some that homosexuals are much more likely to commit sexual abuse of children than heterosexuals, and that most if not all instances of same sex child sexual abuse is committed by homosexuals. This erroneous claim stems from the fact that when an adult abuses a child of the same sex, it may be referred to “homosexual pedophilia” denoting the victims gender in relation to the perpetrator-not the sexual orientation of the perpetrator. This is further exacerbated by faulty studies and papers that deliberately use this unfortunate terminology to their advantage. The fact is that we will see here that in assessing the complex characteristic of the abuser, homosexuality is not even mentioned.

Here is a good place to start:

The Myth of the “Sex Offender Profile”

Oftentimes, the public wants to know who sex offenders are—or who potential sex offenders might be—based on certain personality characteristics, demographics, or other variables, perhaps because of their understandable desire to be able to “spot” these individuals and take protective measures. In fact, for those who are operating under myths or misperceptions about sex offenders and victimization, they may even believe that all sex offenders fit a certain “profile” that makes them easily identified. For example, you might remember the myth that the typical child molester is a “dirty old man” who hangs out at a park or playground waiting to lure a child away with candy. Or that the typical rapist is a masked knife–wielding man lurking in a dark alley or hiding behind a bush waiting to jump out and grab an unsuspecting woman who is passing by. Those and other similar myths are based on the assumption that sex offenders all “look the same,” so to speak, or that they fit a certain profile. http://www.csom.org/train/etiology/3/3_1.htm

As you read though this excellent piece, you will see references to characteristics common to sex offenders

Deviant sexual arousal, interests, or preferences

For decades, researchers have found that some sex offenders have interests in—or are aroused to—things that are considered to be outside the realm of healthy or appropriate sexual interests or behavior, including, but not limited to, the following:6

• Engaging in sexual contact with young children or adolescents;
  • Having sexual contact with others against their will or without their consent;
  • Inflicting pain or humiliation on others;
  • Participating in or watching acts of physical aggression or violence;
  • Exposing oneself in a public setting; and/or
  • Secretly watching others who are undressing, unclothed, or engaging in sexual activities.
Notice the absence of any reference to homosexuality. It goes on to discuss Cognitive Distortions or Pro–Offending Attitudes, Social, interpersonal, and intimacy deficits, Victim empathy deficits, Poor coping or self–management skills, Under–detected deviant sexual behaviors (see above) and a History of maltreatment, but NOTHING about homosexuality.

It also discusses “subtypes and typologies” such as the fixated and the regressive offenderhttp://The Etiology of Sexual Offending Behavior and Sex Offender Typology An Overview

Still, nothing about homosexuality. Nothing. Then consider this:

For the present discussion, the important point is that many child molesters cannot be meaningfully described as homosexuals, heterosexuals, or bisexuals (in the usual sense of those terms) because they are not really capable of a relationship with an adult man or woman. Instead of gender, their sexual attractions are based primarily on age. These individuals – who are often characterized as fixated – are attracted to children, not to men or women.

Using the fixated-regressed distinction, Groth and Birnbaum (1978) studied 175 adult males who were convicted in Massachusetts of sexual assault against a child. None of the men had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation. 83 (47%) were classified as "fixated;" 70 others (40%) were classified as regressed adult heterosexuals; the remaining 22 (13%) were classified as regressed adult bisexuals. Of the last group, Groth and Birnbaum observed that "in their adult relationships they engaged in sex on occasion with men as well as with women. However, in no case did this attraction to men exceed their preference for women....There were no men who were primarily sexually attracted to other adult males..." (p.180).

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/faculty_sites/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

Read this. Try to understand it. Then get back to me.

The fact is that gay men are not pedophiles. I know who the pedophiles are and it is almost always men who identify as straight but really can't have an age appropriate relationship with anyone so they turn to children. In other cases, they have had adult relationships and are even married ( to a woman) but for various reason have regress into a fixation on children

They are often not particularly concerned about the gender of the victim children, but if it is male on male sex, they are labeled as "homosexuals" thus contributing to the myth that gay men are a treat to children. The fact is that they are not the same people who we seen wanting to marry their same sex partner.

You don't know that. In fact, homosexual men, just like heterosexuals, have a range of attraction that quite often goes well below the age of consent. Did you see Chris Hansen's "To Catch A Predator" series? Men drove for hundreds of miles around to have sex with who they thought was a 13 year old girl. What the hell makes you think gay men are special and don't have this exact same affliction?

I never said that they were special. The point is that they are no more likely to prey on children than straight men. Yet they are portrayed as being a special danger to children.

Horseshit! You need to get your information from somewhere other than the Family Research Council and other hate groups.

"Hate group" meaning anyone who disagrees with you? You can't dispute the studies that data is based on so you vilify those reporting it. Loser.

The FRC is full of shit and will stop at nothing to smear and disparage gays:

FRC Distorts Harvard Study To Claim Gay Marriage Harms Children - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....jVEwi8PU.dpuf

Essentially, Perkins and Sprigg are arguing that by banning gay couples from getting married, they will somehow reduce the number of single parent households.

Don’t worry if that argument makes no sense to you, because it shouldn’t: it relies on an oft-repeated but discredited claim that the legalization of same-sex marriage makes it less likely for opposite-sex couples to get married.

U.S. District Court Judge Robert J. Shelby found [PDF] that Utah couldn’t provide any evidence to support its claim that banning same-sex marriage was necessary to curb a negative impact on opposite-sex marriage:

The State has presented no evidence that the number of opposite-sex couples choosing to marry each other is likely to be affected in any way by the ability of same-sex couples to marry. Indeed, it defies reason to conclude that allowing same-sex couples to marry will diminish the example that married opposite-sex couples set for their unmarried counterparts. Both opposite-sex and same-sex couples model the formation of committed, exclusive relationships, and both establish families based on mutual love and support. If there is any connection between same-sex marriage and responsible procreation, the relationship is likely to be the opposite of what the State suggests. Because Amendment 3 does not currently permit same-sex couples to engage in sexual activity within a marriage, the State reinforces a norm that sexual activity may take place outside the marriage relationship. -

See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....jVEwi8PU.dpuf

Essentially, Perkins and Sprigg are arguing that by banning gay couples from getting married, they will somehow reduce the number of single parent households, because the legalization of same-sex marriage makes it less likely for opposite-sex couples to get married.

The only difference is that they provide a half ass reason why there might be more single parents. You don’t even bother to do that but just assert that there will be.

Equine excrement!

I am going to lay this horseshit about gays being sexual predators to rest once and for all.

This an extensive and excellent course offered on line by the US Department of Justice on child sexual abuse. It includes an extensive assessment of the characteristic of child sexual predators. It is also the best evidence that I can offer to counter the claims by some that homosexuals are much more likely to commit sexual abuse of children than heterosexuals, and that most if not all instances of same sex child sexual abuse is committed by homosexuals. This erroneous claim stems from the fact that when an adult abuses a child of the same sex, it may be referred to “homosexual pedophilia” denoting the victims gender in relation to the perpetrator-not the sexual orientation of the perpetrator. This is further exacerbated by faulty studies and papers that deliberately use this unfortunate terminology to their advantage. The fact is that we will see here that in assessing the complex characteristic of the abuser, homosexuality is not even mentioned.

Oftentimes, the public wants to know who sex offenders are—or who potential sex offenders might be—based on certain personality characteristics, demographics, or other variables, perhaps because of their understandable desire to be able to “spot” these individuals and take protective measures. In fact, for those who are operating under myths or misperceptions about sex offenders and victimization, they may even believe that all sex offenders fit a certain “profile” that makes them easily identified. For example, you might remember the myth that the typical child molester is a “dirty old man” who hangs out at a park or playground waiting to lure a child away with candy. Or that the typical rapist is a masked knife–wielding man lurking in a dark alley or hiding behind a bush waiting to jump out and grab an unsuspecting woman who is passing by. Those and other similar myths are based on the assumption that sex offenders all “look the same,” so to speak, or that they fit a certain profile. http://www.csom.org/train/etiology/3/3_1.htm

As you read though this excellent piece, you will see references to characteristics common to sex offenders

For decades, researchers have found that some sex offenders have interests in—or are aroused to—things that are considered to be outside the realm of healthy or appropriate sexual interests or behavior, including, but not limited to, the following:6

• Having sexual contact with others against their will or without their consent;
  • Secretly watching others who are undressing, unclothed, or engaging in sexual activities.
Notice the absence of any reference to homosexuality. It goes on to discuss Cognitive Distortions or Pro–Offending Attitudes, Social, interpersonal, and intimacy deficits, Victim empathy deficits, Poor coping or self–management skills, Under–detected deviant sexual behaviors (see above) and a History of maltreatment, but NOTHING about homosexuality.

It also discusses “subtypes and typologies” such as the fixated and the regressive offenderhttp://The Etiology of Sexual Offending Behavior and Sex Offender Typology An Overview

For the present discussion, the important point is that many child molesters cannot be meaningfully described as homosexuals, heterosexuals, or bisexuals (in the usual sense of those terms) because they are not really capable of a relationship with an adult man or woman. Instead of gender, their sexual attractions are based primarily on age. These individuals – who are often characterized as fixated – are attracted to children, not to men or women.

Using the fixated-regressed distinction, Groth and Birnbaum (1978) studied 175 adult males who were convicted in Massachusetts of sexual assault against a child. None of the men had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation. 83 (47%) were classified as "fixated;" 70 others (40%) were classified as regressed adult heterosexuals; the remaining 22 (13%) were classified as regressed adult bisexuals. Of the last group, Groth and Birnbaum observed that "in their adult relationships they engaged in sex on occasion with men as well as with women. However, in no case did this attraction to men exceed their preference for women....There were no men who were primarily sexually attracted to other adult males..." (p.180).

That is very reassuring to a homosexual male that has designs on a young boy. A man that has sex with a young boy performed a homosexual act regardless of what Academics say. The first list makes my point. Do not attempt to make perversion and abnormality appear to be acceptable because they are not.

Horseshit! You need to get your information from somewhere other than the Family Research Council and other hate groups.

"Hate group" meaning anyone who disagrees with you? You can't dispute the studies that data is based on so you vilify those reporting it. Loser.

I most certainly can dispute the studies if you care to tell me what studies you are referring to. I have heard it all.

Why the Family Research Council is a hate group

http://americablog.com/2012/08/why-the-family-research-council-is-a-hate-group-2.html

Because they lie.

And they know they lie.

And they don’t care.

And they’ve been doing it for twenty years.

And when I say “lie,” I dont’ mean the standard Washington, DC version of a “lie,” which is basically calling a lie anything you disagree with (aka, your facts hurt me so I’m simply going to call you a liar). I mean, an organization that decided early on that “the gay menace” was such a threat to American life that if it had to deceive the American people in order to convince them that gays were the anti-Christ, then so be it.

And for any journalist, like the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank, who claims otherwise, suggesting that the Family Research Council is simply a “mainstream conservative” group, I’d ask them to do some original research on the anti-gay literature that the Family Research Council publishes, and the anti-gay pseudo-science that FRC “cites” on TV, before weighing in on a topic about which they know very little.

I happen to like Dana Milbank, but I suspect he hasn’t done what I’ve done. At one point, I had the Congressional Research Service send me a copy of every single document the Family Research Council had written about gays, and then I had CRS get me every single document listed in the FRC doc’s footnotes. I.e., all the “original sources” for the Family Research Council’s anti-gay claims.

And there were a lot of them. At the time, FRC’s list of footnotes could be nearly as long as the written part of the document itself.

What did I find when I went through the original sources cited in the footnotes? I found that nearly every single footnote was a lie. Not a lie in the conventional sense – meaning, they didn’t make up a source that didn’t exist. Rather, they did things like quoting a damning opinion from a judge in a court case without mention that the judge was in the minority, that the gays had actually won the case they were citing.

Or they’d quote a study with a hideous conclusion about gays and lesbians, only for you to realize later that the actual quote in the study was rather benign – instead, FRC “forgot” to put and end-quotation mark on the quote, added an ellipse, and then put their own damning conclusion. Let me give you a made-up example of a quote about gays to who you how the family research council did this. Read it all at…. http://americablog.com/2012/08/why-the-family-research-council-is-a-hate-group-2.html

Here is more:

Family Research Council Family Research Council Southern Poverty Law Center

The Family Research Council (FRC) bills itself as “the leading voice for the family in our nation’s halls of power,” but its real specialty is defaming gays and lesbians. The FRC often makes false claims about the LGBT community based on discredited research and junk science. The intention is to denigrate LGBT people in its battles against same-sex marriage, hate crimes laws, anti-bullying programs and the repeal of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.

To make the case that the LGBT community is a threat to American society, the FRC employs a number of “policy experts” whose “research” has allowed the FRC to be extremely active politically in shaping public debate. Its research fellows and leaders often testify before Congress and appear in the mainstream media. It also works at the grassroots level, conducting outreach to pastors in an effort to “transform the culture.”

Equine excrement!

That is very reassuring to a homosexual male that has designs on a young boy. A man that has sex with a young boy performed a homosexual act regardless of what Academics say. The first list makes my point. Do not attempt to make perversion and abnormality appear to be acceptable because they are not.

You either did not read the article and if you did, you did not understand it. I am not trying to make "perversion and abnormality acceptable. I am, however defining what perversion and abnormality actually is.

Equine excrement!

Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious academic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."

MALE HOMOSEXUALS COMMIT A DISPROPORTIONATE NUMBER OF CHILD SEX ABUSE CASES
Homosexual apologists admit that some homosexuals sexually molest children, but they deny that homosexuals are more likely to commit such offenses. After all, they argue, the majority of child molestation cases are heterosexual in nature. While this is correct in terms of absolute numbers, this argument ignores the fact that homosexuals comprise only a very small percentage of the population.

The evidence indicates that homosexual men molest boys at rates grossly disproportionate to the rates at which heterosexual men molest girls. To demonstrate this it is necessary to connect several statistics related to the problem of child sex abuse: 1) men are almost always the perpetrator; 2) up to one-third or more of child sex abuse cases are committed against boys; 3) less than three percent of the population are homosexuals. Thus, a tiny percentage of the population (homosexual men), commit one-third or more of the cases of child sexual molestation.

Men Account for Almost All Sexual Abuse of Children Cases
An essay on adult sex offenders in the book Sexual Offending Against Children reported:"It is widely believed that the vast majority of sexual abuse is perpetrated by males and that female sex offenders only account for a tiny proportion of offences. Indeed, with 3,000 adult male sex offenders in prison in England and Wales at any one time, the corresponding figure for female sex offenders is 12!"[1]

Family Research Council

See, I can do that too.

Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorder

In a move toward destigmatizing pedophilia, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.

The former group -- those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others -- is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM.

This is pretty similar to how homosexuality was normalized back in 70s.

Thoughts?

No one believes bullshit. Only a fucking moron tard would compare two consenting adults in their own home to molesting children. What a fucking sicko you are.

Eventually we will have to make legal room for the reality that underage individuals with a highly developed sense of sexual identity can give consent under certain circumstances.

No one believes bullshit. Only a fucking moron tard would compare two consenting adults in their own home to molesting children. What a fucking sicko you are.
Oh pray tell us what "molestation" is?

What's "fucking sick" about sleeping with a 16 year old, or a 15 year old?

How can you possibly say this is wrong objectively? In socially progressive European countries like Spain and Germany, age of consent is 14. Honestly your crass and inaccurate demonization of those who pursue alternative sexual relationships is reactionary and prudish.

Equine excrement!

Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious academic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."

Homosexual apologists admit that some homosexuals sexually molest children, but they deny that homosexuals are more likely to commit such offenses. After all, they argue, the majority of child molestation cases are heterosexual in nature. While this is correct in terms of absolute numbers, this argument ignores the fact that homosexuals comprise only a very small percentage of the population.

The evidence indicates that homosexual men molest boys at rates grossly disproportionate to the rates at which heterosexual men molest girls. To demonstrate this it is necessary to connect several statistics related to the problem of child sex abuse: 1) men are almost always the perpetrator; 2) up to one-third or more of child sex abuse cases are committed against boys; 3) less than three percent of the population are homosexuals. Thus, a tiny percentage of the population (homosexual men), commit one-third or more of the cases of child sexual molestation.

An essay on adult sex offenders in the book Sexual Offending Against Children reported:"It is widely believed that the vast majority of sexual abuse is perpetrated by males and that female sex offenders only account for a tiny proportion of offences. Indeed, with 3,000 adult male sex offenders in prison in England and Wales at any one time, the corresponding figure for female sex offenders is 12!"[1]

Family Research Council

See, I can do that too.

You can do what too? Spread horseshit propaganda like the FRC can? Shameful!!

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

See Dr. Herek's blog
for updates.

Members of disliked minority groups are often stereotyped as representing a danger to the majority's most vulnerable members. For example, Jews in the Middle Ages were accused of murdering Christian babies in ritual sacrifices. Black men in the United States were often lynched after being falsely accused of raping White women.

In a similar fashion, gay people have often been portrayed as a threat to children. Back in 1977, when Anita Bryant campaigned successfully to repeal a Dade County (FL) ordinance prohibiting anti-gay discrimination, she named her organization "Save Our Children," and warned that "a particularly deviant-minded [gay] teacher could sexually molest children" (Bryant, 1977, p. 114). [Bibliographic references are on a different web page]

Gays are pedophiles? NO! Here's the proof. http://m.dailykos.com/story/2010/09/18/903178/-Gays-are-pedophiles-No-Here-s-the-proof

On the front page there is an article about Bryan Fischer who claims that gays are pedophiles. Of course serious people know better. But I think it is important to know why we know better.

I followed the link from the front page article about Fischer. The first thing I will do is show you Fischer's reasoning. The next thing I will do is show you why experts on human sexuality disagree with Fischer.

Hereis Fischer's reasoning:

As Tony Perkins of FRC said in his update, "While activists like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. About a third of all child sex abuse cases involve men molesting boys--and in one study, 86% of such men identified themselves as homosexual or bisexual. Try as they might, gays and lesbians can't shrug off the link. This is a homosexual problem."

Think about that for a moment. Homosexuals comprise less than three percent of the population, yet are responsible for one-third of all child sex abuse cases. There is an overwhelming correlation between homosexual preference and pedophilia. This is further evidence that homosexuality is in fact sexual deviancy. For this reason alone, no homosexual should be elevated to the United States Supreme Court.

First it is not activists who "like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation" from homosexual orientation. It is very serious social scientists who have studied the subject closely who differentiate homosexual orientation from pedophilia -- even when acts of pedophilia are homosexual in nature.

One of the world's foremost experts on the subject of pedophilia is Fred Berlin. Here's a summation of his view:

According to Dr. Fred Berlin, a Johns Hopkins University professor who founded the National Institute for the Study, Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Trauma in Baltimore, Md., pedophilia is a distinct sexual orientation marked by persistent, sometimes exclusive, attraction to prepubescent children. ~ Time

How can you possibly say this is wrong objectively? In socially progressive European countries like Spain and Germany, age of consent is 14. Honestly your crass and inaccurate demonization of those who pursue alternative sexual relationships is reactionary and prudish.
Different cultures have different standards. The fact is that most teenagers do not have the judgment and emotional maturity to make good choices and to deal with the consequences while the adult has most of the power in the relationship. An adult with a minor is illegal as it should be. Period. In NJ, we have the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center for people who prey on children.

I'm not upset in the least. I just don't see what the point is. The laws are the laws and most have been what they are for a long time. Yet the OP claims that pedophilia is now on the way to being normalized. Why, because the APA is making a distinction in terminology between those who act on their impulses and those who do not? It is alluding to greater acceptance of adults having sex with pre pubescent children and that is not the case at all. The OP being alarmist, and I believe that there is a nefarious motive given the timing , if you know what I mean.

Unless there is reason to believe that there is a push to allow or condone sex between children and adults, or that laws are changing in this area, this all seems rather useless.

Unless there is a reason... well, there is. Just as homosexuality has been normalized by APA some 40 years ago was a push that resulted in legalization of the same sex marriage, normalization of pedophilia by APA could be that initial push you're talking about. It wont happen overnight, but it's coming. You might say "it will never happen", but those are the same words used 40 years ago.

Unless there is a reason... well, there is. Just as homosexuality has been normalized by APA some 40 years ago was a push that resulted in legalization of the same sex marriage, normalization of pedophilia by APA could be that initial push you're talking about. It wont happen overnight, but it's coming. You might say "it will never happen", but those are the same words used 40 years ago.
Horseshit. Did you not understand what I wrote? NOBODY want that. (except pedophiles and child predators and they have no political clout)

Different cultures have different standards. The fact is that most teenagers do not have the judgment and emotional maturity to make good choices and to deal with the consequences while the adult has most of the power in the relationship. An adult with a minor is illegal as it should be. Period. In NJ, we have the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center for people who prey on children.
Plenty of people over 15 or 16 dont have the judgement or emotional maturity to have a proper relationship for a whole host of reasons. Age is just a number. There are plenty of 15 and 16 year olds far more mature than someone who is in their late teens or early 20s.

The idea that there is this huge gap in our modern globalized society between say a German teen and an American teen is absurd. Honestly you need better excuses to impede on someone's right to be in a relationship with the one they love. People's sexual preferences aren't your business, they don't affect you or your rights in any way, and you don't have the right to tell tehm what to do in the bed room. Simply put, it isn't your business.

Equine excrement!

Family Research Council

See, I can do that too.

Meet Peter Sprigg, Chief propagandist for the Family Research Council

Peter Sprigg

-- Senior Fellow for Policy Studies of the Family Research Council, which the Southern Poverty Law Center listed as an anti-gay hate group in 2010.

-- Board member of "ex-gay" advocacy group PFOX

Facts

-- Says “The most effective way of reducing teen suicide attempts is not to create a 'positive social environment' for the affirmation of homosexuality. Instead, it would be to discourage teens from self-identifying as gay, lesbian, or bisexual."

-- “I would much prefer to export homosexuals from the United States than to import them into the United States, because we believe that homosexuality is destructive to society.” (See 0:11 mark here.) [*NOTE: A week later, Peter rolled back his statements, saying he "used language that trivialized the seriousness of the issue and did not communicate respect for the essential dignity of every human being as a person created in the image of God"]

-- Says he wants to see being gay punished by law: “I think that the Supreme Court decision in Lawrence v. Texas, which overturned the sodomy laws in this country, was wrongly decided. I think there would be a place for criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior.

-- Claims: “There is, for example, a single and simple solution for smoking-related illnesses, and we have all heard it—‘If you don’t smoke, don’t start. If you do smoke, quit.’ It’s long past time for public health authorities to say the same” (about being gay)

-- Claims homosexuality is "harmful to the people who engage in it and to society at large"

-- Claims transgender men and women "are people who DENY who they really are;" says laws protecting transgender individuals "force private actors to affirm delusions"

-- Sits on the board of and serves as a key spokesperson for an “ex-gay” advocacy group that tells gay people to “change." Routinely claims no one is born gay.

-- Instructs those engaged in marraige conversation to always bring it back to gays "choosing" their behavior

-- Says gay rights movement is winning because of "intimidation" and "emotional blackmail"

-- Claims: "No one is born 'gay.' No one has to have homosexual sex or identify as 'gay.' Change is possible. So it's not 'who they are."

And there is plenty more of this hateful horseshit that flies in the face of all credible research into human sexuality and current societal understanding of human decency and compassion

Peter Sprigg GLAAD

Plenty of people over 15 or 16 dont have the judgement or emotional maturity to have a proper relationship for a whole host of reasons. Age is just a number. There are plenty of 15 and 16 year olds far more mature than someone who is in their late teens or early 20s.

The idea that there is this huge gap in our modern globalized society between say a German teen and an American teen is absurd. Honestly you need better excuses to impede on someone's right to be in a relationship with the one they love. People's sexual preferences aren't your business, they don't affect you or your rights in any way, and you don't have the right to tell tehm what to do in the bed room. Simply put, it isn't your business.

We can't save everyone from themselves but we can and must do what ever is possible to protect children who are much more likely to be vulnerable. It's very obvious what your trying to do. You are applying the "personal choice" argument-that was effective for winning gay rights- to this question. Not going to work pal.

The exploitation of children-which is a very real possibility when you talk about adults with minors is indeed my business. It is everyone's business. Get real!:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Forum List

Back