And so it begins...

all or nothing => nothing

I only talk to cats. ;) This is a reply to both Amelia and flacaltenn as the reply would be the same. There must be a declaration, "We are going to save the planet!" and the rest are the details. We have not made that first statement yet. Until we do we are living on a dying planet. Yes one has to perform triage but until the patient get into the ER one is talking hypothetically.

^ that

deniers can't even get to the first step :facepalm:

facepalm squared!

I only talk to cats. ;) This is a reply to both Amelia and flacaltenn as the reply would be the same. There must be a declaration, "We are going to save the planet!" and the rest are the details. We have not made that first statement yet. Until we do we are living on a dying planet. Yes one has to perform triage but until the patient get into the ER one is talking hypothetically.

^ that

Apparently you can't get to any step which resembles the action you claim to care about.

Saying "They won't acknowledge my premise so we're all going to die!" isn't a plan.

I'm sure your cats think you're brilliant and noble and smart.. It's a hard sell to normal thinking folks in the real world -- that you can't articulate much about SPECIFIC enviro issues.

Good luck with a making a dent in the pending list of enviro crises with that plan...

It's BECAUSE Random and Dottie think this way that the GWarming game plan was DESIGNED to be vague and appeal to emotion. Instead of reason and facts...

^ that

Apparently you can't get to any step which resembles the action you claim to care about.

Saying "They won't acknowledge my premise so we're all going to die!" isn't a plan.

some of the biggest deniers, and their hangers-on, won't even admit the fact that we're fouling our nest. What happens to heavy metals in coal when burned and what effect they have on the environment (see: Palmerton, Pa.) & what to do w/ nuclear waste. They don't have a clue. deniers can't, or more likely won't, address the fact that all life is dependent upon being good stewards of one's environment.

Last edited:
^ that

some of the biggest deniers, and their hangers-on, won't even admit the fact that we're fouling our nest. What happens to heavy metals in coal when burned & what to do w/ nuclear waste. They don't have a clue.

And so all you're going to do is mock them for not having a clue, instead of using your mighty brain to think of something constructive to try.

some of the biggest deniers, and their hangers-on, won't even admit the fact that we're fouling our nest. What happens to heavy metals in coal when burned & what to do w/ nuclear waste. They don't have a clue.

And so all you're going to do is mock them for not having a clue, instead of using your mighty brain to think of something constructive to try.

ummm..... my OP has something constructive to say & the deniers have been deflecting since I created the thread. :eusa_whistle:

^ that

some of the biggest deniers, and their hangers-on, won't even admit the fact that we're fouling our nest. What happens to heavy metals in coal when burned and what effect they have on the environment (see: Palmerton, Pa.) & what to do w/ nuclear waste. They don't have a clue. deniers can't, or more likely won't, address the fact that all life is dependent upon being good stewards of one's environment.

That's not at all what I see in these forums.. For you, it's all slogans, concensus and street threater. And the folks talking about technology and ecological solutions are generally the better informed "deniers"..

WhatyougotSquidward? "saving the planet" ER room analogies, and "fouling our nest".. When you try a little harder -- you might actually help your cause.. But NOT the GWarming cause.. You'd do best to focus on the REAL LIST of enviro problems..

ummm..... my OP has something constructive to say & the deniers have been deflecting since I created the thread. :eusa_whistle:

I read your OP. Followed the link. I see nothing constructive. Just more talk about how dire everything is.

Talk, talk, talk, yap, yap, yap, evil deniers, we're all going to die. <--- not a plan

I think if you look at the evidence DottyOne, it's because you and Random LUMP all this enviro shit together that your threads never focus on Global Warming. (like in your OP) Only morons are trying to sell a GWarming argument by declaring CO2 as a pollutant and confusing the science with emotional arguments about "saving the planet"..

Go march somewhere with the slogans. You'll feel better..

0.7 ounce of waste from powering your home for a year.. The size of AA battery.. You cant conceive of how to RE-USE or DISPOSE of that?? Solves the GW issue tomorrow if you commit to building out 200 reactors in 5 years..

What you got Squidward????

Lemme tell you what you got.. You have NO viable alternatives to RELIABLE electric power.. Only old technology supplements. You are haranguing folks into pulling 1 watt chargers out of their walls when not in use so you can advocate shifting transportation to EVs. Where even a PUNY LEAF sucks up the same amount of electricity as your daily household for one fill-up..

You are panicked about heavy metals at the same time you are SUBSIDIZING the battery developments that will produce a Billion ton waste stream of toxic metals and mining operations..

Time to quit chanting and get thinking dude..

^ that

was I lying? I'm telling you, you were after the wrong side. Yes I'd like proof to their acusations, but I am willing to back off if they stop from their side. It's simple. Either you care or you don't as you stated.

Lemme tell you what you got.. You have NO viable alternatives to RELIABLE electric power.. Only old technology supplements. You are haranguing folks into pulling 1 watt chargers out of their walls when not in use so you can advocate shifting transportation to EVs. Where even a PUNY LEAF sucks up the same amount of electricity as your daily household for one fill-up..

You are panicked about heavy metals at the same time you are SUBSIDIZING the battery developments that will produce a Billion ton waste stream of toxic metals and mining operations..

Time to quit chanting and get thinking dude..

All he wants to do is bitch and moan about fossil fuels.

^ that

was I lying? I'm telling you, you were after the wrong side. Yes I'd like proof to their acusations, but I am willing to back off if they stop from their side. It's simple. Either you care or you don't as you stated.

I wasn't after the wrong side. The closest I was to being after a "side" was being frustrated with people who are alarmed about climate change because they're the ones who declare most passionately that action is needed, while insulting the people they need to work with.

But I was trying to not sound like I was after any "side". So if you thought I was after your side, then I guess I succeeded in making my message somewhat balanced.

I wasn't after the wrong side. The closest I was to being after a "side" was being frustrated with people who are alarmed about climate change because they're the ones who declare most passionately that action is needed, while insulting the people they need to work with.

But I was trying to not sound like I was after any "side". So if you thought I was after your side, then I guess I succeeded in making my message somewhat balanced.
I guess, what I was thinking if you wanted to see it move during the posts yesterday, then a mere point to suggest to the other side provide the link to the experiment and we could all move on. Instead you stayed focus on the request. I don't know if you want something to move help it move.

deniers seem to be under the impression that the only alternative energy sources are those already in use. Who put that bit of shortsightedness in their little heads :eusa_think: Could it be that many of them also share a conservative ideology? (NOT in the sense that we need to conserve our resources :p ) "conserve" the status quo is more like it. That takes guts!!! :doubt: :lol:

Last edited:
deniers seem to be under the impression that the only alternative energy sources are those already in use. Who put that bit of shortsightedness in their little heads :eusa_think:

I'm all eyes and ears, what is your alternative energy source?

I guess, what I was thinking if you wanted to see it move during the posts yesterday, then a mere point to suggest to the other side provide the link to the experiment and we could all move on. Instead you stayed focus on the request. I don't know if you want something to move help it move.

One side seems unwilling to move forward on projects of mutual interest if they don't get what they deem "evidence".

Another side seems unwilling to move forward on projects of mutual interest if they don't get a concession that there is reason for alarm.

My position is that projects of mutual interest could be identified and progress could be made without anything resembling agreement on the subject of global warming.

Then after some progress is made folks can reevaluate and decide where to go from there.

... if they're willing to take positive steps without hearing "You were right, we were wrong."

I'm sure your cats think you're brilliant and noble and smart.. It's a hard sell to normal thinking folks in the real world -- that you can't articulate much about SPECIFIC enviro issues.

Good luck with a making a dent in the pending list of enviro crises with that plan...

It's BECAUSE Random and Dottie think this way that the GWarming game plan was DESIGNED to be vague and appeal to emotion. Instead of reason and facts...

You can confirm this with Amelia, cats don't think anyone is brilliant and noble and smart. Other woodland, and of other biospheres, happen to think me quite charming. If you don't trust the scientists trust the animals. The planet is dying and it is dying quickly. Global warming is only a symptom of a much bigger problem. That is one reason global warming can appear to be untrue. Some say, oh look, global warming did not cause that. And they are right. But what did cause it is no less alarming.

You can confirm this with Amelia, cats don't think anyone is brilliant and noble and smart. Other woodland, and of other biospheres, happen to think me quite charming. If you don't trust the scientists trust the animals. The planet is dying and it is dying quickly. Global warming is only a symptom of a much bigger problem. That is one reason global warming can appear to be untrue. Some say, oh look, global warming did not cause that. And they are right. But what did cause it is no less alarming.

One should know what one is fighting against before a solution can be defined. What is it that is alarming and unknown? And if you don't know what it is, how do you know it's alarming. That's all.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back