Ann Coulter claims growing interest in soccer shows signs of moral decay. WTH?

oh stop it!!!.....we know you are not very fond of women, but that is uncalled for.

I love and respect women. Are you really so dense you think gay men hate women?

Ever heard of "fag hags".

dimwit.

you dont like anyone who disagrees with you....you think i am an asshole just for getting on you from running from questions asked of you in the dam threads YOU start....you are a gay man with a huge chip on your shoulder and you take it out on everyone here unless they kiss your ass.....you should be more like Seawyitch she doesnt throw her gayness in your face like you do...

Oh...i think there's a couple of people on here whom i disagree with politically who would disagree with you.

I'm an adult. I don't need to hate someone who disagrees with me politically. Hell, if that was the case I wouldn't be speaking to any of my brothers or the woman who lives next door to us. A woman I consider my best friend who happens to be a raging teabagger. In fact, thinking about it...a freak number of my friends disagree with me politically.

Oh. [MENTION=22835]HarryDresden[/MENTION] I don't think you're an asshole because you disagree with me politically, I think you're an asshole because you're an asshole. Hth.

Coulter Trolls US Soccer Fans: Growing Interest Shows 'National Decay'

Now I get that not everyone likes soccer. I'm not a fan of it myself.

And I get that Coulter is a troll. But jeez, does she have no shame?

This is total nonsense. I especially liked her claim " I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer".
Well, I don't like Ann Coulter. But I can understand what she is trying to express on basic level i.e. that entertainment and sports is blinding the American people from the far more important issues of the day.

She has a way of putting forth these offensive one-liners, you can either just get used to it, or get wound up over it.

America came 3rd in the Soccer World Cup in the 1930s, so Americans were born watching and playing soccer, well before Ann Coulter was born and could make out like the sport wasn't truly American.

Last edited:

This is total nonsense. I especially liked her claim " I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer".
Well, I don't like Ann Coulter. But I can understand what she is trying to express on basic level i.e. that entertainment and sports is blinding the American people from the far more important issues of the day.

She has a way of putting forth these offensive one-liners, you can either just get used to it, or get wound up over it.

America came 3rd in the Soccer World Cup in the 1930s, so Americans were born watching and playing soccer, well before Ann Coulter was born and could make out like the sport wasn't truly American.

And a FOX regular is trying to go one step farther and blame Obama for the distraction, but thankfully some on the panal thought that was stretching the ODS blame Obama for everything meme just a little teeny bit too far. Let's hope she doesn't get fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coulter will say anything these days to keep her name in lights. She's become the Kim Kardashian, or maybe Paris Hilton, of Commentary. I used to be able to work a good hate up on her. Back in the day when she was uttering encouragement to Arab genocide and the like. Back when David Podvin wrote this about her;

"Ann Coulter is not merely eighty pounds of toxic sewage wrapped in six feet of reptile skin - she is the vicious ghoul that remains after conservatism has been scrubbed of its camouflage. Satan’s concubine has been vocal in her belief that torturing anyone identified as the enemy is good, and that torturing them using the most excruciating techniques is better."

Nowadays all I can work up is a weak smile at her antics.

Is there a link to what she said in full context or is this thread supposed to just follow the direction of the agenda of the source link?

She could have a point, way to many single moms sending,their boys to gay soccer camp.
giphy.gif

It might help to read the column at the source: Ann Coulter - June 25, 2014 - AMERICA'S FAVORITE NATIONAL PASTIME: HATING SOCCER

Her points are numbered (PoliticalChic?) as follows:

(1) Individual achievement is not a big factor in soccer.

(2) Liberal moms like soccer because it's a sport in which athletic talent finds so little expression that girls can play with boys. No serious sport is co-ed, even at the kindergarten level.

(3) No other "sport" ends in as many scoreless ties as soccer.

(4) The prospect of either personal humiliation or major injury is required to count as a sport.

(5) You can't use your hands in soccer.

(6) I resent the force-fed aspect of soccer....I note that we don't have to be endlessly told how exciting football is.

(7) It's foreign.

(8) Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it's European.

(9) Soccer is not "catching on."...(and then went on to compare USA-Portugal to the Super Bowl)

Now you can hate her point by point. I find soccer terminally boring so I do agree with some of what she writes, although the comparison to the metric system is really a stretch.

i think it was tongue in cheek

geez you left-wing losers sure are crybabies!

You "think" it was, but you don't actually know. Since (m)Ann Coulter says so many outlandish and outrageous things, it's hard to tell isn't it?

She's performance art...treat her as such.

Out of Baseball, Football and Soccer the latter is objectively the most physically demanding. In football there is roughly 15 minutes of actual physical activity and baseball is even worse. Ann Coulter proves once again that she is an imbecile.

Do you have any idea the physical demands placed on a college football player to get in shape for those 15 minutes of action ? And for those who find football and baseball boring perhaps you aren't schooled properly as to the subtle behind the scenes nuances.

Anne Coulter proves once more she is a moron. Futbol is like life as represented by Sisyphus and Godot, drudgery, happiness, repetition, luck, work, success, camaraderie, and often failure. Love the simplicity and the fact I do not have to suffer through replays and TV ads.

Working-Class Ballet | Roads & Kingdoms

The Ninety-Minute Anxiety Dream by Simon Critchley | NYRblog | The New York Review of Books

A Game Without Rules by Tim Parks | NYRblog | The New York Review of Books

Yep, so what, why does it bother you so much? Oh and is that your family?

So! Isn't she allowed to express her feelings?

Obviously she is. Just as I am allowed to ridicule her for her claims.

Her "feelings" that no one with American grandparents are watching soccer is simply stupid.

So! Isn't she allowed to express her feelings?

Obviously she is. Just as I am allowed to ridicule her for her claims.

Her "feelings" that no one with American grandparents are watching soccer is simply stupid.

Why do I care about your ridicule? So you hate her, wow like that's new. So why waste effort on a message board to be redundant.

Forum List

Back