🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

Then why are 232,000 guns stolen each year?
Were those gun stolen from folks that were carrying them? The answer is no the majority were stolen during burglaries it has nothing to do with CCW.

There has been 3 actually glad you can't even count.
1. The reason for this thread.
2. Concealed carry guy who accidently shot and killed a woman.
3. Concealed carry guy who accidently shot himself.
Finding more is easy if you want me to keep going.
Go ahead I can give you way more of these

A man is being hailed a hero after police say he shot and killed two armed suspects after a robbery at a Berks County convenience store

Man Shoots Kills 2 Armed Robbers Police NBC 10 Philadelphia

Or had you rather folks just not be able to defend themselves?

And they are all more likely to one day commit a crime with the gun or accidently shoot themselves or others then ever use it to save a life.

Jury convicts Milwaukee concealed-carry permit holder in fatal shooting

There are more accidental shootings each year than there are homicides with a gun.
Bull Shit your wrong again

There are roughly 32,000 gun deaths per year in the United States. Of those, around 60% are suicides. About 3% are accidental deaths (between 700-800 deaths). About 34% of deaths (just over 11,000 in both 2010 and 2011) make up the remainder of gun deaths and are classified as homicides.
Putting Gun Death Statistics in Perspective

So with your math 700-800 is more than 11,000? Is this new math that you are using or Hoplophobe logic?

What didn't you understand? There are fewer homicides with a gun than there are accidental shootings. You are more likely to be accidently shot, than killed by someone trying to kill you with a gun.
Your more likely to die from a fall so what is your point

27K per year die from accidental falls
36K from accidental poisoning
FastStats - Accidents or Unintentional Injuries

I will take my chances with my gun

I said shootings, not deaths. You are more likely to be accidentally shot than you are killed in a homicide by a gun.

I don't think there is any excuse for criminals. If somebody breaks into a house and gets shot fine.

It's true...studies show that victims who resisted with guns suffered less injury and the crimes weren't completed,more than any other option...the method most likely to get the victim injured...submission to the attacker...
many liberals think society is at fault for making criminals what they are and thus they think its unfair for a victim to shoot some scum bag who was forced to be a mugger because of the "Bush Economy" etc
And they are all more likely to one day commit a crime with the gun or accidently shoot themselves or others then ever use it to save a life.

There are more accidental shootings each year than there are homicides with a gun.

There are roughly 32,000 gun deaths per year in the United States. Of those, around 60% are suicides. About 3% are accidental deaths (between 700-800 deaths). About 34% of deaths (just over 11,000 in both 2010 and 2011) make up the remainder of gun deaths and are classified as homicides.

So with your math 700-800 is more than 11,000? Is this new math that you are using or Hoplophobe logic?

I like how you always go back to cars when losing. Cars serve a very important purpose in the country. Wake up tomorrow without your car and most people are scrambling. Wake up without your gun and it really doesn't matter. I won't even get into all the safety measures that have been added to cars over the years. Or how you need to have a drivers license, and license plates...
Your dead as wrong again people went about their daily routine in this country without the automobile. It is a want not a need. Guns serve a purpose, I use them to put meat on the table, I use them to protect my animals from coyotes, I use them for pleasure on the range.

Don't start with the bullshit about having to have a license and license plates. There are many vehicles across this country with no license plates as they are not required on private property, neither is a DL

Here's the fun thing about "stats' from gun shot related deaths.

They aren't accurate.

Why? Well the NRA wants it that way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/us/26guns.html?_r=0
In the wake of the shootings in Tucson, the familiar questions inevitably resurfaced: Are communities where more people carry guns safer or less safe? Does the availability of high-capacity magazines increase deaths? Do more rigorous background checks make a difference?

Mark Rosenberg, former director of the National Center for Injury Control and Prevention, in his office in Decatur,
The reality is that even these and other basic questions cannot be fully answered, because not enough research has been done. And there is a reason for that. Scientists in the field and former officials with the government agency that used to finance the great bulk of this research say the influence of the National Rife Association has all but choked off money for such work.

Not every gun owner dreams of killing someone but plenty seem to. Why else would some dumb fool leave loaded guns strewn through his home, including when children were present?

That's the impotent type who sees himself as Mighty Mouse, ready to swoop down and save the day.

Lacking substance, logic or reason, you always resort to penises and penile/impotent references don't you?

It seems a fair characterization of the common gun cultist. Much of the lore and doctrine of the gun cult seems associated with masculinity and virility.

Without cars our country would collapse. People couldn't get to work. Food wouldn't get to stores. People other than police and military wouldn't really be effected at all if they didn't have a gun. The two really can't be compared, sorry.
Interesting, I guess in your fantasy land people did not go to work or eat prior to the invention of the automobile

But you don't buy a car with the dream of killing someone.
So what is your point?

I have quite an assortment of firearms and have had for the better part of 40 years. Non were purchased with a dream of killing someone. Non have been used to kill someone

I don't believe you've never dreamed of killing someone with all your guns.

How many cars with no plates on private property are involved in fatal accidents?

99.9% of people don't need their gun for anything.

Sorry but most people need to drive to work. Vehicles are far more important than guns, I find it very funny you'd even try to pretend they are not.

I like how you always go back to cars when losing. Cars serve a very important purpose in the country. Wake up tomorrow without your car and most people are scrambling. Wake up without your gun and it really doesn't matter. I won't even get into all the safety measures that have been added to cars over the years. Or how you need to have a drivers license, and license plates...
Your dead as wrong again people went about their daily routine in this country without the automobile. It is a want not a need. Guns serve a purpose, I use them to put meat on the table, I use them to protect my animals from coyotes, I use them for pleasure on the range.

Don't start with the bullshit about having to have a license and license plates. There are many vehicles across this country with no license plates as they are not required on private property, neither is a DL

Yes they did, but that is not now. Then they either lived close to their work or had a horse. That isn't now. Come to the present.

Without cars our country would collapse. People couldn't get to work. Food wouldn't get to stores. People other than police and military wouldn't really be effected at all if they didn't have a gun. The two really can't be compared, sorry.
Interesting, I guess in your fantasy land people did not go to work or eat prior to the invention of the automobile

How many cars with no plates on private property are involved in fatal accidents?

99.9% of people don't need their gun for anything.

Sorry but most people need to drive to work. Vehicles are far more important than guns, I find it very funny you'd even try to pretend they are not.

The point also deviates from the OP.

This aren't about privately owned guns kept at home for home protections.

This is about concealed guns brought into the public space.

Well I don't think concealed carry permits should be handed out like candy. I think too many people carrying around guns is bad for everyone.

Carrying a gun does greatly increase your chances of being shot.

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed - science-in-society - 06 October 2009 - New Scientist
I will take my chances. Why are you worried that carrying increases your chance of getting shot? The solution is for you not to carry.

You worry about you, I will worry about me

Forum List

Back