🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

wow, I love the internet...looky here...a woman...woken up...that's right...she was fast asleep when two violent criminals broke in....sound familiar....except she had a gun...and the story turned out completely different...I would though recommend she pick up at least a 9mm with hollow points...

Mother Shoots 1 of 2 Homeless Home Invaders Who Kicked in Her Door

She had been asleep when a ruckus [bonus points to the local media for using the word ruckus in a news report] and people shouting woke her up, Zinke said. Her teenage children had locked two men out of the house, but they kicked the door down. The two men were unarmed.

The woman warned them and asked them to leave, Zinke said. She shot one when they ignored her and kept advancing on her.

And the myth of the dangers,of concealed carry...

Myth 3 Concealed carry will result in increases in gun related deaths accidents road rage and crime in general Buckeye Firearms Association

Fact 3c: If those states which did not have RTC provisions had adopted them in 1992, about 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, and more than 60,000 aggravated assaults (covering 1992 to 1996) would have been avoided. The estimated annual savings from allowing concealed handguns is at least $6.2 billion. John Lott and David Mustard ("Crime, Deterrence, and Right to Carry Concealed Handguns," Jr. of Legal Studies, v. 96, pp. 1-68, 1997). Also see Professor Lott's "More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws," 1998, Univ. of Chicago Press Studies in Law and Economics.

Fact 3d: "Concerns that permit holders would lose their tempers in traffic accidents have been unfounded. Worries about risks to police officers have also proved unfounded... National surveys of police show they support concealed handgun laws by a 3-1 margin... There is also not a single academic study that claims RTC laws have increased state crime rates. The debate among academics has been over how large the benefits have been" ("Should Michigan keep new concealed weapon law? Don't believe gun foe scare tactics," Detroit News, 1/14/01).

- See more at: Myth 3 Concealed carry will result in increases in gun related deaths accidents road rage and crime in general Buckeye Firearms Association

Hmmm..another sleeping victim...awakened by her dog...a disabled senior citizen...

Elderly Disabled Woman Uses 9mm Glock to Fight Off Intruder High on Drugs

We always like to say that guns are the great equalizer. They allow people like the elderly to level the playing field against younger, stronger assailants.

That is exactly what happened in this case.

Mabel Fletcher, 64-year-old disabled woman living in Ohio said she got her concealed weapons permit and a 9mm Glock handgun back in June for self defense.

Fletcher was awakened by her dog when someone broke into her home last night.

A young woman high on a cocktail of drugs had broken into the home. The intruder attacked Fletcher, throwing objects at her.

Yes...it would be better if she had quietly submitted...

Hmmm...2 violent criminals attacking at 3 a.m. Just like the other case...only this time the senior citizen had a gun...

87 Year Old NC Woman Uses 9mm Handgun to Scare Off 2 Home Invaders
According to Sheriff’s deputies in Hendersonville, NC an 87 year old woman brandished a handgun when 2 men broke into her home around 3am. Upon seeing the gun the would be home invaders fled. The pair were quickly apprehended by police nearby and are wanted in several other burglaries in the area. Both men are being held on $60,000 bonds.

Yes..it would have been better if they had done what they wanted...she is 87 years old after all...she has lived long enough...right?

wow...all those old people using guns to fight of multiple, younger attackers....sad isn't it...they should just be raped, robbed beaten and murdered...instead of using those gosh darned guns..........Right?

wow...another old person...at 2 am using a gun...after being punched in the face...gosh darn it...when will these old people stop defending themselves....

70 Year Old WVA Woman Chases Off Burglar Using Revolver After He Punches Her in the Face

A 70 year old homeowner in WVA grabbed her gun and went to investigate why her burglar alarm was going off at 2am.

As she approached the backdoor, she ran right into the suspect who punched her in the face.

The woman fired several shots from .38 caliber revolver at the intruder, who then fled.

Police do not believe the suspect was hit and their efforts to locate him with dogs were unsuccessful.

If the victim of this burglary had been unarmed she could have been seriously injured or killed when confronted by this burglar,” Sheriff Steve Kessler said in the release.

Really though...wouldn't it just be better if she hadn't had that gun...? sure, she might have been beaten, raped, robbed and murdered...but at least she would not have had that gosh darned gun....

Children killed in gun accidents...

How Many Children Died In Gun Accidents 2009 2010 Extrano s Alley a gun blog

As I have pointed out before, an answer depends on the cutoff age for child. At one time Handgun Control, Inc., one of the gun control groups, considered 32 the cutoff age for childhood, vastly inflating the number of fatal childhood gun accidents. Since most serious students of childhood diseases and accidents consider the 16th birthday the transition point between childhood and young adulthood, I use that as the cutoff.

I have 48 fatal childhood “gun accidents” for 2009, and a very preliminary 42 for 2010. That would make an even 90 for the two years. That will be close to the official Census total, which should be out in 2012 for 2009.

It should also be noted that children under 16 do indeed commit suicide, and many of these “accidents” are either suicides or homicides. So even 90 for the two year period is probably far above reality.

Dr. Gary Kleck defends his results showing 2.5 million lives saved and violent crimes stopped by guns...

http://www.rkba.org/research/kleck/md-rebuttal.3sep95
PLEASE NOTE: Professor Kleck has no affiliation whatsoever with
either the National Rifle Association or any other gun owners'
organizations. His authorization of the dissemination of this
material does not imply an endorsement of either the views of
the NRA or of anyone else whose views might accompany the
material.

===============================================================

Vernick refers to "a relatively small sample size" used in
my research, noting that "about 5,000 respondents" were
interviewed. This was substantially correct (it was 4,977), but
this is in fact an unusually large sample for survey research.
Most national surveys have samples in the 600-1600 range. The
number of persons who reported a DGU is not "the sample size."
Rather, the sample size is the number of persons who were asked
the DGU question, i.e. 4,977. It is this number which influences
the precision of the estimates, not the number who answer "Yes"
to the DGU question.
In any case, Vernick's guess that only 50
people reported a DGU is incorrect. A total of 194 persons
(weighted; 213 unweighted cases) reported a DGU involving either
themselves or someone else in their household, 165 reported a DGU
in which they had personally participated in the previous five
years, and 66 reported a personal DGU in the past one year
preceding the survey (see Table 2, p. 54 of the report)....

In any case, our estimates of DGU frequency were based
solely on cases that qualified as bona fide DGUs. Two of the
conditions needed for incidents to qualify as genuine DGUs were
that (1) there had to have been an actual confrontation between
the defender and an adversary, and (2) the defender had to have
actually used the gun in some way, some as pointing it at their
adversary in a threatening manner, or using it in a verbal threat
(e.g. 'Stop, I've got a gun.") None of the cases that went into
our estimation of 2.5 million annual DGUs involved person who
merely owned or carried a gun for protection.....

In this connection, Vernick misleads by omission, failing to
inform the Commission just how common surveys yielding large DGU
estimates are. To date, there have been at least 14 surveys
implying anywhere from 700,000 to 3.6 million DGUs per year (see
Table 1 of enclosed report). For Vernick to hint that my estimate
was an isolated fluke rather than a common result is more than a
little deceptive. That there are many other surveys implying
frequency DGUs is common knowledge among scholars who study this
subject, as it has been reported in both previous published
articles (e.g. Social Problems, volume 35, p. 3, February, 1988)
and in my book, Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America (p.
146), winner of the 1993 Hindelang Award, granted by the American
Society of Criminology to the most outstanding book of the
preceding several years. These are hardly obscure information
sources to serious scholars, and no competent student of the
subject could claim to be unaware of these numerous surveys....

Finally, Vernick seriously cites the now thoroughly
discredited DGU estimates derived from the National Crime
Victimization Survey (NCVS). This is the only source of
information that has ever indicated the defensive uses of guns
are substantially less common than criminal uses. I first
reported the NCVS estimates in my 1988 article in Social Problems
(p. 8) but dismissed them as invalid because of their wild
inconsistency with all other known estimates. As further
information has accumulated, this position has been reinforced:
no survey has ever confirmed, even approximately, the extremely
low DGU estimates derived from the NCVS. Each of the other 14
known surveys have yielded estimates at least 10 times larger
than those yielded by the NCVS. This survey is notorious for
grossly underestimating the frequency of criminal gunshot
woundings, domestic violence, rape, and many other forms of
violence, 80 it is hardly surprising that it is also grossly
underestimates DGU. The reasons for the victim survey's
invalidity are discussed in the report on pp. 4-11.....

Sincerely,

(signed)
Gary Kleck
Professor

Sorry for the length of the quote...it isn't the whole quote...but when people say numbers are false then they should be shown why they are wrong and the numbers are right....

Last edited:
That nut, was just looking for someone to kill, he didn't even have a permit to carry.

So he was a criminal, intent on killing someone, and with or without gun control, someone was going to die. How does this effect law abiding gun owners?

Oh, wait, I get it, the OP is a troll.

What if it was someone you loved who was murdered by that maniac?

You do realize that in the U.S. Most blacks are killed by other blacks right?

That nut, was just looking for someone to kill, he didn't even have a permit to carry.

So he was a criminal, intent on killing someone, and with or without gun control, someone was going to die. How does this effect law abiding gun owners?

I would want the maniac put to death...any method would be fine by me...

You do realize that in the U.S. Most blacks are killed by other blacks right?

Yeah but that isn't about racism. This guy shot the dude because he thought the black dude at his window was gonna kill him.

I would want the maniac put to death...any method would be fine by me...

But you would still want people to be allowed to walk around with guns.

Well...let's say you may very we'll be speaking to someone who can walk around with a gun...so yeah...I would rather see victims shooting bad guys than reading about people destroyed by monsters...

Not one prediction that the anti gun people have made about people carrying guns has come true...more people own guns now and more people are carrying guns now...and the gun crime rate is going down...

Noomi, if more people are carrying guns and the violence rate in the country is going down, as is the gun accident rate...does that say anything to you about your beliefs in gun control?

Well...let's say you may very we'll be speaking to someone who can walk around with a gun...so yeah...I would rather see victims shooting bad guys than reading about people destroyed by monsters...

Not one prediction that the anti gun people have made about people carrying guns has come true...more people own guns now and more people are carrying guns now...and the gun crime rate is going down...

Noomi, if more people are carrying guns and the violence rate in the country is going down, as is the gun accident rate...does that say anything to you about your beliefs in gun control?

You say the rate of deaths from guns is going down. Are we anywhere close to the rates of Japan or the UK? Just wondering. See, my beef isn't so much with people wanting to own guns; it's with those people trying to make ridiculous claims that we are all safer when everyone is carrying a gun.

Well...this road rage killing...no gun...guy was stabbed,to death with a knife...it was caught on camera...and the interesting point...it didn't happen in America...

Road rage turns deadly at petrol station - Crime Courts IOL News IOL.co.za
“The taxi driver returned to his vehicle and got into the driver’s seat. The young man then did a very foolish thing – he got into the passenger seat of the taxi and continued remonstrating with the driver.

“The taxi driver took a large knife and stabbed the young man in the neck… He got out, walked two or three feet and collapsed on to the forecourt,” Everett said.

“The taxi driver leapt out of his taxi, came around the front of his vehicle, saw what he’d done, and then left.

“He was unconscious in a very short time,” Everett said of the young motorist. “One of our managers has just completed his updated first-aid course and he tried to stem the bleeding.

Hmmmm...here is a fake road rage incident....from England....woman stabbed her fiancé to death with a pen knife...do you know how small a pen knife is....and said it was a road rage incident...

Tracie Andrews - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Andrews, a former aspiring[2] model and barmaid, stabbed Harvey over 42 times with a pen knife after they had stopped in his car following an argument on the way to their flat in The Becks, Alvechurch, Worcestershire. At a press conference on 3 December 1996, she claimed that Harvey was killed in a road rage attack, saying that a "fat man with staring eyes" had stabbed him over 30 times. Later that month however she was charged with Lee Harvey's murder.[1][3]

Forum List

Back