🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

I like how you always go back to cars when losing. Cars serve a very important purpose in the country. Wake up tomorrow without your car and most people are scrambling. Wake up without your gun and it really doesn't matter. I won't even get into all the safety measures that have been added to cars over the years. Or how you need to have a drivers license, and license plates...

Yes we have more accidental shootings than we do homicides with a gun. You are more likely to be accidently shot than killed by someone trying to kill you with a gun. Do that math.

This guy accidently shot himself and the driver of the car he was in. 2 for 1.
Concealed weapons holder accidentally shoots self driver in Cleveland cleveland.com
19000 accidental shootings a year compared to over 300 million firearms in private hands, can you do the math? Hell twice as many people DIE due to car accidents. I don't recall you demanding we outlaw cars.
And how many people are injured in car accidents a year? Remind me how you want to ban cars.

do you ever read the actual stories,of lives,saved,with guns....? Theses,people would have had a chance if they had guns and training....but yes...you didn't answer the question...

2.5 million times a year...lives are,saved and crimes stopped...all because of guns....

No they wouldn't have any more of a chance than they did without guns. They were caught sleeping. Sorry to break it to you. They should have had an alarm system or a big dog.

do you ever read the actual stories,of lives,saved,with guns....? Theses,people would have had a chance if they had guns and training....but yes...you didn't answer the question...

I like how you always go back to cars when losing. Cars serve a very important purpose in the country. Wake up tomorrow without your car and most people are scrambling. Wake up without your gun and it really doesn't matter. I won't even get into all the safety measures that have been added to cars over the years. Or how you need to have a drivers license, and license plates...

Yes we have more accidental shootings than we do homicides with a gun. You are more likely to be accidently shot than killed by someone trying to kill you with a gun. Do that math.

Concealed weapons holder accidentally shoots self driver in Cleveland cleveland.com
19000 accidental shootings a year compared to over 300 million firearms in private hands, can you do the math? Hell twice as many people DIE due to car accidents. I don't recall you demanding we outlaw cars.
And how many people are injured in car accidents a year? Remind me how you want to ban cars.
Your entire argument is that because of injuries in an accident we should ban something. Something protected by the 2nd Amendment. Remind me what amendment protects your right to own operate and possess a car? Cars kill over 3 times as many people every year then are murdered with firearms. Cars cause how many more accidental injuries then firearms again, in a year?

libtards don't really want to treat guns like cars: or they are too stupid to understand

1) you don't need a license or registration of cars to own one or use it on private property

2) if you get a license, it is usable in every state of the union

3) you can buy a car in Ohio if you live in NY

4) any car you buy in any state can be drive in any other state

5) you can own a car faster than anything the police own

NO ONE OF ANY IMPORTANCE IS TRYING TO BAN CARS

yeah, lets treat guns like cars in the USA

There you go. Before it was like 250k-370k and now it is 2.5 million. Such accurate stats you work with. Sorry but those aren't real stats. They are so bad that it is anywhere from 250k to 2.5 million. That is not remotely accurate.

2.5 million times a year...lives are,saved and crimes stopped...all because of guns....

Where did anyone write this?

"This is why people shouldn't be carrying guns."

Here's what the entire thread started off with. If you're wanting to bicker about semantics (which I have no desire to) and how he only said "carrying" guns, just know that such semantics are irrelevant because banning people from carrying is just as unconstitutional as confiscating all the firearms in the country. Case after case supports this fact, too. "Shall issue" is the generic result of infringing in such a manner.

As I stated earlier, people just need to accept the harsh reality that the world is a dangerous place and people have a right to be armed. Nothing is going to change that.

Or did you mean this addlepated old fart?

10599670_684819884944402_4009618495412185192_n_zpsa13b70ac.jpg

I'm not sure why you think a quote of Reagan on a picture is suppose to get me to toe some imaginary line. Are we done discussing things?

Without cars our country would collapse. People couldn't get to work. Food wouldn't get to stores. People other than police and military wouldn't really be effected at all if they didn't have a gun. The two really can't be compared, sorry.

Your entire argument is that because of injuries in an accident we should ban something. Something protected by the 2nd Amendment. Remind me what amendment protects your right to own operate and possess a car? Cars kill over 3 times as many people every year then are murdered with firearms. Cars cause how many more accidental injuries then firearms again, in a year?

Where did anyone write this?

"This is why people shouldn't be carrying guns."

Here's what the entire thread started off with. If you're wanting to bicker about semantics (which I have no desire to) and how he only said "carrying" guns, just know that such semantics are irrelevant because banning people from carrying is just as unconstitutional as confiscating all the firearms in the country. Case after case supports this fact, too. "Shall issue" is the generic result of infringing in such a manner.

As I stated earlier, people just need to accept the harsh reality that the world is a dangerous place and people have a right to be armed. Nothing is going to change that.

Nope.

You said "... if people weren't allowed to have guns, this wouldn't happen ..."

"shouldn't be" is a lot different from "not allowed".

Just have the balls to carry it out in the open because have the right to get away from crazy people.

This is exactly the type of semantic nonsense I was referring to when I said I'm not interested in wasting my time with. Perhaps we'll try again another time.

How many people die in car accidents on private property? I bet it is much lower than people die in accidental shootings.

libtards don't really want to treat guns like cars: or they are too stupid to understand

1) you don't need a license or registration of cars to own one or use it on private property

2) if you get a license, it is usable in every state of the union

3) you can buy a car in Ohio if you live in NY

4) any car you buy in any state can be drive in any other state

5) you can own a car faster than anything the police own

NO ONE OF ANY IMPORTANCE IS TRYING TO BAN CARS

yeah, lets treat guns like cars in the USA

Without cars our country would collapse. People couldn't get to work. Food wouldn't get to stores. People other than police and military wouldn't really be effected at all if they didn't have a gun. The two really can't be compared, sorry.

Mass transit ever hear of it?

How accurate is the claim that guns are used 2.5 million times a year to save,lives,and stop violent criminal attack...

GunCite-Who is Gary Kleck

Marvin Wolfgang, who was one of the most prominent criminologists, commented on Kleck's research concerning defensive gun use (seeHow often are guns used in self-defense?):

I am as strong a gun-control advocate as can be found among the criminologists in this country. If I were Mustapha Mond ofBrave New World, I would eliminate all guns from the civilian population and maybe even from the police. I hate guns--ugly, nasty instruments designed to kill people. ...
What troubles me is the article by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz. The reason I am troubled is that they have provided an almost clear-cut case of methodologically sound research in support of something I have theoretically opposed for years, namely, the use of a gun in defense against a criminal perpetrator... I have to admit my admiration for the care and caution expressed in this article and this research. ...

Can it be true that about two million instances occur each year in which a gun was used as a defensive measure against crime? It is hard to believe. Yet, it is hard to challenge the data collected. We do not have contrary evidence. The National Crime Victim Survey does not directly contravene this latest survey, nor do the Mauser and Hart studies. ...

Nevertheless, the methodological soundness of the current Kleck and Gertz study is clear. I cannot further debate it. ...

The Kleck and Gertz study impresses me for the caution the authors exercise and the elaborate nuances they examine methodologically. I do not like their conclusions that having a gun can be useful, but I cannot fault their methodology. They have tried earnestly to meet all objections in advance and have done exceedingly well.
--- Marvin E. Wofgang, "A Tribute to a View I Have Opposed," Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology 1995, Vol. 86 No. 1.)

How many people die in car accidents on private property? I bet it is much lower than people die in accidental shootings.

Accidental shootings are going down despite the number of guns in circulation going up

criminal sanctions are directed at intentional misuse, not accidents
what exactly is your point and what do you want as to guns in this country?

Yes we have very little of it.

Mass transit ever hear of it?

Still hasn't answered the question....

and government research into guns used to save lives and stop violent crime...

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

Subsequent to Kleck's study, the Department of Justice sponsored a survey in 1994 titled, Guns in America: National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms (text, PDF). Using a smaller sample size than Kleck's, this survey estimated 1.5 million DGU's annually.

It's too bad that an Amendment to the Constitution needs defending but here's what we are up against. The radical left has an incredible propaganda network thanks to George Soros and several tax exempt venues. The system is geared so that any gun related crime anywhere in the Country is instantly picked up and filtered through the propaganda network and broadcasted through the left wing blog sites for publication. Timing is important so that the emotional impact is felt so the defendant's 1st and 5th and 7th Amendments are disregarded for propaganda sake. It's Nazi Germany X 10.

What's your question?

Accidental shootings are going down despite the number of guns in circulation going up

criminal sanctions are directed at intentional misuse, not accidents
what exactly is your point and what do you want as to guns in this country?
Still hasn't answered the question....

and government research into guns used to save lives and stop violent crime...

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

Subsequent to Kleck's study, the Department of Justice sponsored a survey in 1994 titled, Guns in America: National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms (text, PDF). Using a smaller sample size than Kleck's, this survey estimated 1.5 million DGU's annually.

Forum List

Back