Another Cop Killing

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Another unarmed man killed by a cop. This victim was naked. Also the victim was mentally unstable.

Metro Atlanta police officer shoots kills naked unarmed man - CNN.com

No pepper spray, no taser, no nothing except a bullet, two bullets to the body. No call for back up, just another cop shooting an unarmed man.

Yet, so many are quick to defend cops when these things happen, and they happen every day all across this nation. These trigger happy cops need to be stopped. It's open season on unarmed citizens in this country.

Another unarmed man killed by a cop. This victim was naked. Also the victim was mentally unstable.

No pepper spray, no taser, no nothing except a bullet, two bullets to the body. No call for back up, just another cop shooting an unarmed man.

Yet, so many are quick to defend cops when these things happen, and they happen every day all across this nation. These trigger happy cops need to be stopped. It's open season on unarmed citizens in this country.

Want naked crazy people running down your street where children are playing?

This was a mentally challenged individual, not running down the street. It was a person that needed help. Twisting the scenario around doesn't make what happened right, nor acceptable. Believe it or not, there are people with mental issues that need professional help. They do not need to be murdered by trigger happy cops.

Another day, another murder by the Blue Mafia.

This was a mentally challenged individual, not running down the street. It was a person that needed help. Twisting the scenario around doesn't make what happened right, nor acceptable. Believe it or not, there are people with mental issues that need professional help. They do not need to be murdered by trigger happy cops.

Oh I'm well aware there are people with mental issues who need professional help...

Sounds like the guy was out of his head and the officer was defending himself. Hardly open season.

We euthanize animals if they're rabid or otherwise a threat to the public. Why not people too? We drop bombs on enemies who're also people because they're a threat to us or our friends. So we obviously don't have a problem killing dangerous people. We even kill our own citizens abroad if they're a threat. So explain why killing dangerous mentally unhinged people is a problem.

We euthanize animals if they're rabid or otherwise a threat to the public. Why not people too? We drop bombs on enemies who're also people because they're a threat to us or our friends. So we obviously don't have a problem killing dangerous people. We even kill our own citizens abroad if they're a threat. So explain why killing dangerous mentally unhinged people is a problem.

Because in our society we don't summarily execute people. This situation has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about. A man charges a police officer who has a second or two to react. This was not an execution, it was self-defense. Sheesh!

Because in our society we don't summarily execute people. This situation has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about. A man charges a police officer who has a second or two to react. This was not an execution, it was self-defense. Sheesh!

What dya call a drone strike on an American citizen?

Yes, this particular incident was self-defense. But you could claim self-defense for euthanizing dangerously mentally ill people too. Why trust they'll stay on their medication when they don't they end up being the Aurora, Colorado theatre shooter? Why not simply avoid the risk by euthanizing them? Claim self-defense when drop bombs and topple governments. Why not apply that same logic at home if it works so well aborad?

Sounds like the guy was out of his head and the officer was defending himself. Hardly open season.
The victim needed professional help. It could've been handles differently. I wasn't there. I didn't see what happened. But, from what I read, I don't believe murder was the answer, nor best solution. We may never know the extent of danger, if any, that the cop was facing. But, these stories have become way too common. Something needs to be done to keep these situations from happening daily.

Together, these stories pain a sad picture of society and the acceptance of murder. Yes, in some cases, cops have no choice but to take a life, I fully understand that. But, what we see on the news, for the most part, is uncalled for and quick reactions to situations that could be avoided, by both sides. I do not blame cops 100% of the time. But, one can't help but pass blame in a lot of these cases. Maybe the answer is to always have more than one cop respond to a call. I don't have all of the answers, but I'm sure something can be done to prevent us reading these horror stories daily.

So explain why killing dangerous mentally unhinged people is a problem.

Well, all that killing you mentioned are done by the armed forces. Whose purpose is to kill.

Last time I checked, most cops are sworn to "protect and serve". Has that recently changed?

The victim needed professional help. It could've been handles differently. I wasn't there. I didn't see what happened. But, from what I read, I don't believe murder was the answer, nor best solution. We may never know the extent of danger, if any, that the cop was facing. But, these stories have become way too common. Something needs to be done to keep these situations from happening daily.

Together, these stories pain a sad picture of society and the acceptance of murder. Yes, in some cases, cops have no choice but to take a life, I fully understand that. But, what we see on the news, for the most part, is uncalled for and quick reactions to situations that could be avoided, by both sides. I do not blame cops 100% of the time. But, one can't help but pass blame in a lot of these cases. Maybe the answer is to always have more than one cop respond to a call. I don't have all of the answers, but I'm sure something can be done to prevent us reading these horror stories daily.

It wasn't murder. It might have been suicide by cop. A complaint comes in of a naked man pounding on doors and acting bizarre. The cop comes up, not knowing what to expect, and a naked man charges him - ignoring commands to stop. He has a couple of seconds to evaluate the situation and act. We can second guess how he reacted as much as we like because we didn't have to face the situation. But based upon the available information, I'd say what he did was understandable and legal. I'm sorry the guy died, but I'm more sorry for the officer who has to live with it.

I think the cop could have used some other means of self defense. Pepper spray was on the same belt that his firearm was. And its not as if he had to worry about there being a concealed weapon.

No...dead bodies and police shootings are much less offensive

It wasn't murder. It might have been suicide by cop. A complaint comes in of a naked man pounding on doors and acting bizarre. The cop comes up, not knowing what to expect, and a naked man charges him - ignoring commands to stop. He has a couple of seconds to evaluate the situation and act. We can second guess how he reacted as much as we like because we didn't have to face the situation. But based upon the available information, I'd say what he did was understandable and legal. I'm sorry the guy died, but I'm more sorry for the officer who has to live with it.
Yes, cops do react by impulse instead of common sense. I agree. Without being there and knowing the exact situation, yes, we can second guess all day long. But, again, these stories are getting to be common place and routine. What's wrong with a system that looks for no alternatives, and continues to take lives without giving it a second thought? Do we murder the mentally challenged instead of providing professional help? Do we judge everyone unarmed as dangerous and out to kill us? Do we shoot first and then evaluate the situation? Do we use tasers, pepper spray, batons, flashlights, or something else first before pulling out a gun and shooting? Do we make sure that at least two officers respond to these situation so that a person can be controlled without the use of a gun? Or, do we wake up each morning to more headlines where a cop shoots an unarmed person?

It was a suspicious person call. The cop shows up and the guy charges him.
In what world does that leave time for back up to be called?
And you have to remember,when cops go on a call by themselves they wont be using a tazer because they dont always work and you sure as hell dont want the guy tackling the cop and taking his gun.
You appear to live in some kind of fantasy world where cops are Supermen.
And I'm sure you realize that in most states this is a legal shoot even for a civilian.

It was a suspicious person call. The cop shows up and the guy charges him.
In what world does that leave time for back up to be called?
And you have to remember,when cops go on a call by themselves they wont be using a tazer because they dont always work and you sure as hell dont want the guy tackling the cop and taking his gun.
You appear to live in some kind of fantasy world where cops are Supermen.
And I'm sure you realize that in most states this is a legal shoot even for a civilian.
I wasn't there. I wasn't a witness to the event. I have no idea as to how much time the officer had or didn't have to react in any other way. But, I do know that this has become an every day happening somewhere in this country, and there has to be some accountability on the part of cops. It has become open season on unarmed citizens, and some as young as toddlers, and some as old as 92. Some are mentally challenged, some are disabled, and some are homeless and destitute. Cops are killing people every single day claiming self-defense, fearing for their safety, or other excuses. Cops shot a toddlers and claimed it was an accident when shooting at someone else. Cops shot a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun in a park, cops shot a 92 year old lady while in her own home because they broke in and later found out they had the wrong address ( Lithia Springs, Georgia ). Cops shot a homeless man while at least 5 or 6 cops were wrestling with him and the victim was on the ground when shot ( video on the internet showing the entire event ). Cops shoot and ask questions later. It has become the norm. No excuse, none.

Forum List

Back