🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another Death attributed to Marijuana?

I believe caffeine is considered mind altering

I don't think it causes the same
"dependence" in the same way that marijuana does.
Or the "increased paranoia" mentality that correlates with marijuana users.

Maybe if coffee were illegal and politicized,
and coffee users became involved in "anti govt" and "pro/anti legalization"
conflicts and mass movements, we might see the same "personality changes" in coffee drinkers as with pot users or smokers who start feeling "targeted" collectively.
Caffeine is VERY addictive.
In fact, from a scientific POV, pot is less addictive than tobacco. And TONS less destructive.
BTW, most addiction stems from a disorder. Also scientific..

No one said it wasn't addictive, only that is wasn't mind altering. No one has jumped off of a building after five cups of coffee.
The link I provided shows you are wrong. I have about 75 more.
Prove it.

Just one where coffee caused someone to jump off a building will do.
you want me to prove your fallacy? Lol no thanks

Coffee does not contain a mind altering drug in it.

conflicts and mass movements, we might see the same "personality changes" in coffee drinkers as with pot users or smokers who start feeling "targeted" collectively.
In fact, from a scientific POV, pot is less addictive than tobacco. And TONS less destructive.

I smoked cigarettes for many years and never once got the urge to jump off of a building.
Completely relevant info. Thanks.

You are more than welcome. Do you have any info on cigarette smokers that did jump off of a building and the nicotine in cigarettes was the cause?

No one said it wasn't addictive, only that is wasn't mind altering. No one has jumped off of a building after five cups of coffee.
Prove it.

You aren't able to and you know it.

Prove it.

Because what you said is bullcrap. Of COURSE I cant prove YOUR assertion :lol:

Prove it.

You said you had 75 more. That sounds like your assertion to me.

Prove it.

You said you had 75 more. That sounds like your assertion to me.
75 more links about caffeine altering ones mind. Not about if anyone has ever drunk coffee and jumped off a roof...

There is no nationwide epidemic of people jumping out of buildings because they smoked pot.

Whenever the topic of marijuana arises there is the inevitable contribution by someone who knows someone who went insane or became deathly sick from marijuana. Well, the fact is it's possible. But it's also an established medical fact that some people are adversely affected by, even die from, just about every commonly beneficial drug listed in the existing pharmacopeia, including aspirin. The reason for this is quite simply the vast deviation in the biochemistry of various individuals.

Some people can eat a few peanuts, or be stung by a bee, and drop dead within minutes. My doctor once prescribed a very effective arthritis medication for me which brought on waves of miserable nausea for several hours. She said she's prescribed it for hundreds of patients, none of whom have any problem with it.

So if one individual's biochemistry is incompatible with THC and the Reefer Madness fanatics find out about it they will pounce on that example and pound their drum endlessly.

But the bottom line is, excluding the small percentage who for one reason or other grossly misuse the plant, the vast majority of mature, sensible, adult marijuana users (many millions of them) experience only pleasure (and some medical benefits) from it with absolutely no negative effects.

Why blame weed for someone jumping off a building? Would you blame coffee if he had a cup before he committed suicide?

I smoked cigarettes for many years and never once got the urge to jump off of a building.
I've smoked weed for about 28 years. I've never once had the urge to kill myself. Weed doesn't make people jump off buildings. It never has and never will.

I don't think it causes the same "dependence" in the same way that marijuana does.
Are you suggesting that everyone who uses marijuana, and I'm sure you know this means many, many millions, possibly billions of individuals around the world, is dependent on it? Or are you carelessly referring to the minuscule percentage of individuals who are psychologically predisposed to habituation and will tend to get "hooked" on anything from Pepsi Cola to potato chips?

The authority with which you refer to the temporary onset of paranoid delusion which affects some marijuana users who over-indulge suggests that you might be among that category. If so I recommend you stop hitting the pipe so hard or so often.

Maybe if coffee were illegal and politicized, and coffee users became involved in "anti govt" and "pro/anti legalization" conflicts and mass movements, we might see the same "personality changes" in coffee drinkers as with pot users or smokers who start feeling "targeted" collectively.
If you are talking about some coffee drinkers, as well as some pot users, then I have no doubt the changes you've mentioned would take place.

Question: Have you ever felt "targeted?"

I've smoked weed for about 28 years. I've never once had the urge to kill myself. Weed doesn't make people jump off buildings. It never has and never will.
This is why the president of the Phillipines has such a good strategy. You have shown us why the strategy is necessary.

Forum List

Back