Another Extended Family In The Making!

1689507404523.png

The two fawns are not both Lady's from what I can tell, because Lady has twice now, come back with only one fawn, the fawn is 6 inches taller than just a week ago!

I think the other fawn must be Clarice's? So one fawn is Lady's baby and the other fawn is her granddaughter....Clarice's????

I just don't know what is going on yet and who is whoms.... WILL keep ya posted!

OH MY LORD!

Rudolph came home last night! He is most certainly alive! Piewackett was so excited to see her older brother....before he left or was shooed off by mom last Fall, he babysat Piewackett all the time! Mom, Lady....gave him a nudge greeting too! He came with another, unrecognized doe.

The two baby fawns, is now 3, I don't know what is going on? One is much bigger than other two....I'm thinking 3 different moms...Lady, Clarice, and _____??? The larger one is showing signs of being a boy, buck....no little buttons on top, he's still spotted, but his forehead is turning broader and flatter...preparation for holding a rack.... I'm betting it's a boy! So I think I'm gonna name him Prancer!

No pics of Rudolph Return yet....it was a flat out surprise of joy!

Did take some of the larger fawn and Piewackett playing.... Will upload when I can...

Last edited:
Oh, the entire herd in the state of Maine (i swear to goodness)have started to show up this past week....the Apple trees are filled this year, and the herd has returned to devour them! The deer have arrived early though, another three weeks or so, before the apples are ripe!

The apple trees are not always as bountiful, but there was no rain this year when they were flowering, so the bees and hummingbirds freely pollinated them!

Forum List

Back