Another Fake Republican Scandal Up In Smoke

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
Sorry wingnuts.

After Years of Investigation, a Sudden Folding of the Case Against Menendez

Five days after the Department of Justice announced that it would retry Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey, the judge in the case all but ripped out its core. Prosecutors, he said in an 53-page opinion, had failed to prove that the senator, a Democrat, had accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions in exchange for lobbying on behalf of his co-defendant.

The government’s allegations of campaign contributions for favors performed were “empty of relevant evidential fact,” Judge William Walls wrote. “There is no there there.”

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

All those political favors Menendez did for his BFF Melgen who was convicted of defrauding Medicare out of over $90 million dollars...all just a big coincidence :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

The government’s allegations of campaign contributions for favors performed were “empty of relevant evidential fact,” Judge William Walls wrote. “There is no there there.”
That is a characteristic of much that the current Administration has to say about damn near everything. It's also typical of the nature of remarks some folks here make. To wit:
Moreover, the sycophants here are readily susceptible to being baited into taking even more absurd stances than ones that were insipid to begin with. One need only present an argument that has a boobytrapped gap in it and wait for for them to dive in. To wit:
  1. I created this post -- The Party of Black Death & Mayhem -- knowing precisely where in it is the gap in my reasoning.
  2. Less than two hours later, the other member "jumped headfirst" right into it, as can be seen by someone's remarks and my response to them here: The Party of Black Death & Mayhem .
Things like that need not happen, but for them to not happen, one must engage in discussions only when whereof the topic one has portfolio. After all, not body gets caught saying absurd things if they don't talk about things about which they know little to nothing. Of course, if one's primary goal is to "spew sh*t" rather than have a substantive policy debate about "whatever" on its intrinsic merits/demerits, well, many are the rhetorical and logical chasms into one will fall.

That is a characteristic of much that the current Administration has to say about damn near everything. It's also typical of the nature of remarks some folks here make. To wit:
Moreover, the sycophants here are readily susceptible to being baited into taking even more absurd stances than ones that were insipid to begin with. One need only present an argument that has a boobytrapped gap in it and wait for for them to dive in. To wit:
  1. I created this post -- The Party of Black Death & Mayhem -- knowing precisely where in it is the gap in my reasoning.
  2. Less than two hours later, the other member "jumped headfirst" right into it, as can be seen by someone's remarks and my response to them here: The Party of Black Death & Mayhem .
Things like that need not happen, but for them to not happen, one must engage in discussions only when whereof the topic one has portfolio. After all, not body gets caught saying absurd things if they don't talk about things about which they know little to nothing. Of course, if one's primary goal is to "spew sh*t" rather than have a substantive policy debate about "whatever" on its intrinsic merits/demerits, well, many are the rhetorical and logical chasms into one will fall.

Trey Gowdy's legal team wrote the majority of the four page memo based on the 99 pages of the heavily redacted information that we were given but wasn't redacted for them. You question the integrity of Trey Gowdy? Gowdy's net worth is no where close to a million dollars. There is more coming and it's going to get worse because this scandal is beyond the pale.

Democrats hate justice and the rule of law!

William%20H.%20Walls.jpg
They have been saying that ever since the majority of the Trump administration quit after the four indictments and two guilty pleas.

Trey Gowdy's legal team wrote the majority of the four page memo based on the 99 pages of the heavily redacted information that we were given but wasn't redacted for them. You question the integrity of Trey Gowdy? Gowdy's net worth is no where close to a million dollars. There is more coming and it's going to get worse because this scandal is beyond the pale.

actually, gowdy says the memo is basically bullshit.

you'd best get to studying, bubba-

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said during an interview airing Sunday that the previously classified memo alleging abuse of government surveillance powers by the Justice Department has no impact on the ongoing Russia probe.

During an interview on CBS's "Face The Nation," Gowdy — the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee — was asked about the recent comments of President Trump, who claimed the memo "totally vindicates" him in the Russia probe.

"I'm sure the president is frustrated. You know, [Rep.] Adam Schiff [D-Calif.] prejudged the investigation before we interviewed the first witness," Gowdy, a former prosecutor, said during the interview
"So I'm sure that that instructs some of what he said. I actually don't think it has any impact on the Russia probe for this reason."
CBS's Margaret Brennan pressed Gowdy on whether he believes the memo has "no impact on the Russia probe."

"Not to me, it doesn't — and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it," Gowdy, who recently announced he will not seek reelection, said.

"There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica."

He added that the dossier has "nothing to do with George Papadopoulos's meeting in Great Britain."

"It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier," he said

Gowdy: Memo has no impact on Russia probe

Gowdy, who recently announced he will not seek reelection
Off-Topic:
Although I have no idea why Gowdy is retiring from Congress, I can fully empathize with what might be a reason he's leaving. The inanity and insipidity of public policy and governance discourse these days surely would drive me to decide I just was sick and tired of the silliness to which and with which I had to endure daily that I'd throw in the towel and return to the private sector where I can bring my strengths to bear in a more more palpable and remunerative way.​

Sorry wingnuts.

Five days after the Department of Justice announced that it would retry Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey, the judge in the case all but ripped out its core. Prosecutors, he said in an 53-page opinion, had failed to prove that the senator, a Democrat, had accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions in exchange for lobbying on behalf of his co-defendant.

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
This is nonsense syn
Menendez vigorously opposed Obama’s policies toward Cuba
And sure enough shortly there after Menendez was being indited
You don’t cross the obama like that

Off-Topic:
Although I have no idea why Gowdy is retiring from Congress, I can fully empathize with what might be a reason he's leaving. The inanity and insipidity of public policy and governance discourse these days surely would drive me to decide I just was sick and tired of the silliness to which and with which I had to endure daily that I'd throw in the towel and return to the private sector where I can bring my strengths to bear in a more more palpable and remunerative way.​

Well ... It could be that.

Or maybe Representative Gowdy somewhat shares the opinion of "Drew Iz" ...
Who commented on his feelings about sharing a moment or two with House Minority Leader Pelosi.

"If I had to choose between listening to this mindless, clueless, washed up, never was twat waffle for just 30 seconds or eating a bullet...yup...eatin' a bullet!!!"

Sorry wingnuts.

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
This is nonsense syn
I love how ‘Incompetent Obama’ gives way to ‘All-Powerful Obama’ whenever it’s convenient for rightwingers.

Sorry wingnuts.

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
This is nonsense syn
I love how ‘Incompetent Obama’ gives way to ‘All-Powerful Obama’ whenever it’s convenient for rightwingers.
And you elevated mink shit l Menendez to a polished turd
Nobody cares about Menendez .this guys a nobody

Forum List

Back