Another Idiot Thanks God

if only that were true...
if you truly didn't care what people believed then you wouldn't feel the need to defend it.
btw there are far more militant Christians then atheists and they've been imposing their beliefs on everybody and everything for a couple of millennia...

Where do you live? I want to send a few Christians to your house Sunday and forcefully, if necessary, take you to Church and impose Christianity on you. That is what you meant by impose is it not?
false fuck stick ....you know exactly what I mean when I say impose
also if you sent Christians to my house to force your pov on me you'd be doing the very thing you are whining about.
besides Christians already do come to people's homes uninvited to attempt to impose their belief system, they are call missionaries..

It's called politely telling them "no thank you" and closing the door. A whole 30 seconds of inconvenience.
more rationalizing ...it does not change their intent...
daws is an idiot.

Where do you live? I want to send a few Christians to your house Sunday and forcefully, if necessary, take you to Church and impose Christianity on you. That is what you meant by impose is it not?
also if you sent Christians to my house to force your pov on me you'd be doing the very thing you are whining about.
besides Christians already do come to people's homes uninvited to attempt to impose their belief system, they are call missionaries..

It's called politely telling them "no thank you" and closing the door. A whole 30 seconds of inconvenience.
daws is an idiot.

Perhaps, but I prefer to think of DAWS as one of these three. Atheist, agnostic or gay. The polite "no thank you" convinced me.

Amber Vinson at the press conference now, first words are to thank god. Because that's why she survived? I guess god just doesn't love 15000 dead Liberians like he loves her. What a stupid idiot. The Pham chick thanked god, too. How fucking arrogant.

Official WHO Ebola toll near 5,000 with true number nearer 15,000
Official WHO Ebola toll near 5 000 with true number nearer 15 000 Reuters

I will give you 10 to 1 she would pray for you if you had Ebola, even tho you are a jerk. That is what Christians do.

Just like 99% of the other posters here, you too have missed the point entirely.

And no, that's not what "Christians do". It's what they SAY they do.

I don't mind being in the 99% and of course you are wrong. The point is you think that anyone who thanks God for something is stupid, and don't realize that it makes you look very foolish.

It's called not being an asshole, a skill you evidently lack.
as always you'd be wrong about that too ..
I'm always polite to the invades.
my attitude is not relevant ,what is, is if someone or a group comes to your door or stops you on the street they are imposing their belief or need on you ..

its the price we pay for a free society. I get stopped by ladies selling bootleg DVD's on the street and in bars, how is that any different than someone trying to preach to you in a nice manner? Its part of living in the world. deal with it.
the point is it's not..
on the other hand you asshats think it is..

It's sad when people cannot hear things they don't agree with or don't like without feeling the need to silence the people expressing said things.

Who said that?

Only RWs want people silenced.

Bullshit. From protests that amount to shouting at the speaker when conservatives speak, to schools cancelling speeches due to threats, to accusations of every "ism" out there when a conservative/libertarian states their positions, and most vilely, to when a member of a group that trends left goes "off the plantation", the left can only win if it silences its opponents.

never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

Tyson for POTUS!
The universe makes perfect sense to me stupid people however are another story I will now take Twain's advice and go watch the World Series go Royals.
giants !
Looking like the Giants will get to play a game 7.
Of, course more money for the networks and advertisers, and another days worth of distraction for the sheeple. it's a fucking win win all the way around
There are those of us capable of watching the game and still know what's happening in the world. Lighten up a bit.

Oh noooooooooooooooooooo ! Look at this stooooooooooooopid ballplayer thanking god for the homerun !!!

What about all the other ballplayers that made outs that day ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't he think about them ?!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of twisted god is this ?!!!!!!!!!!!

that's nice ....no evidence to support it but nice anyway...

I wonder if he would feel the same if she had thanked Allah...Krishna...Buddha.....Obama....the CDC as fervently as she thanked god.
ALLAH AND GOD ARE THE SAME GOD.....

No shit Sherlock. The point is, had she been a Muslim and thanked god (Allah) the libs here wouldn't have blinked an eye.

Who else besides me has taken exception or even noticed the hypocrisy of these Christians?

Every time I read their garbage.

They are what I call fake christians.

What an atheist would say after recovering from Ebola:

"I want to thank the hospital staff and the American medical science community for saving my life and I can only wish that these fine people had been able to help the thousands of people in Liberia as they have helped me here in the States.

I am very fortunate to live in the United States, with all its faults and problems, and hope that the U.S. will become more proactive by sending more personnel and supplies into west Africa where the suffering from Ebola is beyond your average American's imagination. It is no less onerous than a dictator with chemical gas or a marauding army of militant jihadis and the victims are no less innocent."

that's nice ....no evidence to support it but nice anyway...

I wonder if he would feel the same if she had thanked Allah...Krishna...Buddha.....Obama....the CDC as fervently as she thanked god.

Why does what they believe bother you so much?
"Just like 99% of the other posters here, you too have missed the point entirely.

And no, that's not what "Christians do". It's what they SAY they do"- ntp

I give up. He's too thick between the ears.

I've explained this over at least 10-15 posts. Scroll back, I don't like repeating myself.

It took you 10 or 15 posts to explain why you're a bigot? Really?

You are too thick between the ears to understand. It's not their beliefs that offend me, it's their insinuation that those who died were children of a lesser god.
For someone who implies that they flew jets, things sure fly easily over your head.
OH, so you're trying to convert someone to be an atheist?
atheism is not a religion so conversion is not possible

No shit Sherlock. The point is, had she been a Muslim and thanked god (Allah) the libs here wouldn't have blinked an eye.

Who else besides me has taken exception or even noticed the hypocrisy of these Christians?

"I want to thank the hospital staff and the American medical science community for saving my life and I can only wish that these fine people had been able to help the thousands of people in Liberia as they have helped me here in the States.

I am very fortunate to live in the United States, with all its faults and problems, and hope that the U.S. will become more proactive by sending more personnel and supplies into west Africa where the suffering from Ebola is beyond your average American's imagination. It is no less onerous than a dictator with chemical gas or a marauding army of militant jihadis and the victims are no less innocent."

"Just like 99% of the other posters here, you too have missed the point entirely.

I've explained this over at least 10-15 posts. Scroll back, I don't like repeating myself.

You are too thick between the ears to understand. It's not their beliefs that offend me, it's their insinuation that those who died were children of a lesser god.
For someone who implies that they flew jets, things sure fly easily over your head.

Agnosticism is more than likely not a religion, i.e. an ambivalence to the possibility of a deity. Atheism, the active belief that there IS no deity, most assuredly is.

Amber Vinson at the press conference now, first words are to thank god. Because that's why she survived? I guess god just doesn't love 15000 dead Liberians like he loves her. What a stupid idiot. The Pham chick thanked god, too. How fucking arrogant.

I will give you 10 to 1 she would pray for you if you had Ebola, even tho you are a jerk. That is what Christians do.
even if others find that offensive? that's not imposing your belief on others, no not at all....

That is correct, it is not imposing anything on others. I find it offensive when reference is made by some to a sky fairy, but they aren't imposing their belief on me. They are merely proving that they think they are intelligent and those that believe in a higher being are ignorant. Are you one of those?
you mean an invisible sky fairy ...
IF YOU READ THE BIBLE FROM AN OBJECTIVE POV believing in a "higher being" proves to be highly ignorant.

if only that were true...
if you truly didn't care what people believed then you wouldn't feel the need to defend it.
btw there are far more militant Christians then atheists and they've been imposing their beliefs on everybody and everything for a couple of millennia...

That is certainly reasonable, but they were not there to impose anything on you. When you figure out the difference between impose and invite, you will see the light. All most Christians subscribe to hate the sin, love the sinner. It is a shame If you have a problem with that.
hate the sin, love the sinner.
bigotry at it's finest it's a kind of shirking personal responsibility.

daws is an idiot.
ironic !

daws is an idiot.

Perhaps, but I prefer to think of DAWS as one of these three. Atheist, agnostic or gay. The polite "no thank you" convinced me.
you got one out of three correct.
where your bigotry and ignorance shines is lumping homosexuality in with atheism

Just like 99% of the other posters here, you too have missed the point entirely.

And no, that's not what "Christians do". It's what they SAY they do.

I don't mind being in the 99% and of course you are wrong. The point is you think that anyone who thanks God for something is stupid, and don't realize that it makes you look very foolish.
to who?

as always you'd be wrong about that too ..
I'm always polite to the invades.
my attitude is not relevant ,what is, is if someone or a group comes to your door or stops you on the street they are imposing their belief or need on you ..

its the price we pay for a free society. I get stopped by ladies selling bootleg DVD's on the street and in bars, how is that any different than someone trying to preach to you in a nice manner? Its part of living in the world. deal with it.
the point is it's not..

It's sad when people cannot hear things they don't agree with or don't like without feeling the need to silence the people expressing said things.

Who said that?

Bullshit. From protests that amount to shouting at the speaker when conservatives speak, to schools cancelling speeches due to threats, to accusations of every "ism" out there when a conservative/libertarian states their positions, and most vilely, to when a member of a group that trends left goes "off the plantation", the left can only win if it silences its opponents.
bullshit...

the point is it's not..

Who said that?

bullshit...

Nice retort. So NONE of the things i listed have EVER happened, right?

Your side seeks to constantly silence opponents, either through intimidation before they speak, drowning them out while they speak, and punishing them after they speak.

daws is an idiot.

you got one out of three correct.
where your bigotry and ignorance shines is lumping homosexuality in with atheism

Really, do you know how many homosexuals are Christians or believe in God? And I did leave out asshole.

Agnosticism is more than likely not a religion, i.e. an ambivalence to the possibility of a deity. Atheism, the active belief that there IS no deity, most assuredly is.
false

Atheism & Religion:
Many Christians seem to believe that atheism is a religion, but no one with a fair understanding of both concepts would make such a mistake. Because it's such a common claim, though, it's worth demonstrating the depth and breadth of the errors being made. Presented here are the characteristics which best define religions, distinguishing them from other types of belief systems, and how atheism utterly fails to even remotely match any of them.

Belief in Supernatural Beings:
Perhaps the most common and fundamental characteristic of religion is a belief in supernatural beings - usually, but not always, including gods. Few religions lack this characteristic and most religions are founded upon it. Atheism is the absence of belief in gods and thus excludes belief in gods, but it does not exclude belief in other supernatural beings. More important, however, is that atheism does not teach the existence of such beings and most atheists in the West do not believe in them.
Sacred vs Profane Objects, Places, Times:
Differentiating between sacred and profane objects, places, and times helps religious believers focus on transcendental values and/or the existence of a supernatural realm. Atheism excludes believing in things that are "sacred" for the purpose of worshiping gods, but otherwise has nothing to say on the matter - neither promoting nor rejecting the distinction. Many atheists probably have things, places, or times which they consider "sacred" in that they are venerated or esteemed highly.

Ritual Acts Focused on Sacred Objects, Places, Times:
If people believe in something sacred, they probably have associated rituals. As with the very existence of a category of "sacred" things, however, there is nothing about atheism which either mandates such a belief or necessarily excludes it - it's simply an irrelevant issue. An atheist who holds something as "sacred" may engage in some sort of associated ritual or ceremony, but there is no such thing as an "atheist ritual."
Moral Code With Supernatural Origins:
Most religions preach some sort of moral code which is typically based upon its transcendental and supernatural beliefs. Thus, for example, theistic religions typically claim that morality is derived from the commands of their gods. Atheists have moral codes, but they don't believe that those codes are derived from any gods and it would be unusual for them to believe that their morals have a supernatural origin. More importantly, atheism doesn't teach any particular moral code.
Characteristically Religious Feelings:
Perhaps the vaguest characteristic of religion is the experience of "religious feelings" like awe, a sense of mystery, adoration, and even guilt. Religions encourage these sorts of feelings, especially in the presence of sacred objects and places, and the feelings are typically connected to the presence of the supernatural. Atheists may experience some of these feelings, like awe at the universe itself, but they are neither promoted nor discouraged by atheism itself.
Prayer and Other Forms of Communication:
Belief in supernatural beings like gods doesn't get you very far if you can't communicate with them, so religions which include such beliefs naturally also teach how to talk to them - usually with some form of prayer or other ritual. Atheists don't believe in gods so obviously don't try to communicate with any; an atheist who believes in some other type of supernatural being might try to communicate with it, but such communication is completely incidental to atheism itself.
A Worldview & Organization of One’s Life Based on the Worldview:
Religions are never just a collection of isolated and unrelated beliefs; instead, they constitute entire worldviews based upon these beliefs and around which people organize their lives. Atheists naturally have worldviews, but atheism itself isn't a worldview and doesn't promote any one worldview. Atheists have different ideas about how to live because they have different philosophies on life. Atheism is not a philosophy or ideology, but it can be part of a philosophy, ideology, or worldview.
A Social Group Bound Together by the Above:
A few religious people follow their religion in isolated ways, but usually religions involve complex social organizations of believers who join each other for worship, rituals, prayer, etc. Many atheists belong to a variety of groups, but relatively few atheists belong to specifically atheistic groups - atheists are notorious for not being joiners. When they do belong to atheist groups, though, those groups aren't bound together by any of the above.
Comparing and Contrasting Atheism & Religion:
Some of these characteristics are more important than others, but none is so important that it alone can make a religion. If atheism lacked one or two of these characteristics, then it would be a religion. If lacked five or six, then it might qualify as metaphorically religious, in the sense of how people follow baseball religiously.
The truth is that atheism lacks every one of these characteristics of religion. At most, atheism doesn't explicitly exclude most of them, but the same can be said for almost anything. Thus, it's not possible to call atheism a religion. It can be part of a religion, but it can't be a religion by itself. They are completely different categories: atheism is the absence of one particular belief while religion is a complex web of traditions and beliefs. They aren't even remotely comparable.
So why do people claim that atheism is a religion? Usually this occurs in the process of criticizing atheism and/or atheists. It may at times be politically motivated because if atheism is a religion, they think they can force the state to stop "promoting" atheism by eliminating endorsements of Christianity. Sometimes the assumption is that if atheism is simply another "faith," then atheists' critiques of religious beliefs are hypocritical and can be ignored.
Since the claim that atheism is a religion is based upon a misunderstanding of one or both concepts, it must proceed from flawed premises. This isn't just a problem for atheists; given the importance of religion in society, misrepresenting atheism as a religion can undermine people's ability to understand religion itself. How can we sensibly discuss matters like the separation of church and state, the secularization of society, or the history of religious violence if we don't adequately define what religion is?
Productive discussion requires clear thinking about concepts and premises, but clear and coherent thinking are undermined by misrepresentations like this.

Is Atheism a Religion

countdown to some lame ass response like that was written by an atheist or a gay atheist..

That is certainly reasonable, but they were not there to impose anything on you. When you figure out the difference between impose and invite, you will see the light. All most Christians subscribe to hate the sin, love the sinner. It is a shame If you have a problem with that.
hate the sin, love the sinner.
bigotry at it's finest it's a kind of shirking personal responsibility.

Hate the sin, love the sinner is the polar opposite of bigotry.

Full Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Forum List

Back