Another Liberal Learns The Hard Way

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
An Ohio woman has recounted the moment an act of kindness in helping a perceived pair of broken-down strangers left her being dragged, beaten and robbed on the side of a road.

"Before I could finish asking him if they were OK he grabbed me by the hair and said, 'if you scream I'll hit you even harder,'" 19-year-old Caleigh Roelfs recalled to the Daily News Thursday.

It was 2 p.m. Monday along Napoleon's Route 6 when the engaged criminal psychology student spotted a van with its emergency lights flashing on the side of the road.

The savage attack visibly left her face bruised. Making matters worse, she suffered a stress-induced seizure soon after.

Asked if she'd ever stop to help someone again, she answered, "Not by myself, no."

"Not all people are terrible like these guys are. I definitely won't be doing it anytime soon that's for sure."

Still, crimes such as these she said are exactly why she's taking classes at Northwest State Community College.

"That's why I study what I do," she said. "I want to help catch people like this by getting into their heads."

The man, she described as a 6-foot black male with a shaved head, face and spider web tattoo on his left hand.

Read more: Ohio teen recounts being beaten, robbed by 2 thugs after stopping to help vehicle - NY Daily News

Dang I missed the part where it identified her political ideology, or is it your contention that conservatives never help anyone else?

I'd disagree with that, I've met plenty of very helpful kind people on both sides of the political spectrum.

vCzrGbi.gif

You have to be able to understand Pussinese, then you will be able to understand the pussy talk.

• Banned
Sounds like a good lady no matter her political leanings. Where does it say she is a liberal?
I have no doubt she's a good lady, not very smart though.

She's a liberal who tried to prove she's not racist, she will be alot smarter now

Dang I missed the part where it identified her political ideology, or is it your contention that conservatives never help anyone else?

I'd disagree with that, I've met plenty of very helpful kind people on both sides of the political spectrum.

vCzrGbi.gif

You're being intentionally obtuse, pedantic, contrarian.

Makes youi look stupid.

FWIW

I have no doubt she's a good lady, not very smart though.

She's a liberal who tried to prove she's not racist, she will be alot smarter now

Why wasnt she a conservative?
Because she stopped.

This does nothing but paint cons as racists.

I stopped one night. There was a couple waving me down. I hesitated, it was late, they were strangers. I had been warned about scams where people try to stop you to rob you, I drove past, but something tugged at me. I turned around and stopped. I cracked my window with my foot ready to hit the gas, and asked what the problem was. Something in their faces said they needed help and were afraid.

She was in labor, and needed a ride to the hospital. They had no money for a taxi and said they thought they could make the 4ish mile walk, but her labor intensified and she felt terrible and they had been sitting on the side of the road until she thought she could walk again. They said they had been flagging cars for nearly an hour when I stopped. When I unlocked my doors they both burst into tears.

I was scared but did it anyway. I went back to the hospital the next morning to see how they were. Mom was not in the best condition, she had high blood pressure which happened because of pregnancy, something they did not know. Her husband explained if they had gotten to the hospital much later she may have passed because her blood pressure was so high, the baby may have too.

She delivered a beautiful baby as I stood there holding their baby, they asked me my name, she now bears my name as her middle name. I often wonder what would have happened to this family if I had not stopped. If I had allowed all the awful things which happen to people affect my decision -two people may have died. It may have been a story in the newspaper the next day about how awful humanity is to each other.

Being careful is one thing, always assuming the worst is another.

I think we all can agree her stopping was stupid

Forum List

Back