Another obama lie. "Cop-killer" AR-15 bullets he wants to ban have caused ZERO cop deaths

Perhaps you might be a little more "concerned" about the ATF or even the CIA who look the other way as fully automatic AK-47's are smuggled into this country to be sold on the streets of Chicago or Los Angeles or Washington DC to the gang members?

That's been going on for the last 40 years - or didn't you know?

I know probably better than you. I have FBI friends. So the stolen AK PISTOLS won't have any ammo available... AK47's aren't the issue here. But spin your argument anyway.

No, you do NOT know better than I - I PROMISE you that. If, in fact, these evil AR Pistols can't shoot M855 ammo, they can STILL fire 55 grain 5,56 ammo - which is just as deadly as the 62 grain M855 ammo.

For someone who has "friends" in the FBI - you seem to be sadly misinformed.

I was referring to AK47's just like you, you moron.

LMAO

Might I suggest that you make up your mind? An AK-47 fires the 7.62 round and the AR (or M4) fires the 5.56. The ammo in question is the 62 grain 5.56 "green tip" ammunition that is fired through the AR.

Now, what exactly is your gripe? That gang members have been using the Russian AK-47 fully automatic rifle that has been smuggled into this country for the last 40 years in clear view of Law Enforcement community or that Americans are using the "evil" Green tip bullets against steel targets and should be prosecuted for doing it?

I think you are greatly confused. Perhaps you should consult your "FBI Friends" and find out exactly what they want you to say?

Beg pardon, my response was poorly worded. I should have separated the 47 response and the 5.56 ammo comment . I forgot I was dealing with an idiot. My bad.

went back and edited the comment just for you.

I always find it amusing when the person being corrected calls the person doing the correcting "an idiot".

I suggest that you leave the conversation. You have no clue about that of which you speak. You deal in propaganda and nothing more.

I know probably better than you. I have FBI friends. So the stolen AK PISTOLS won't have any ammo available... AK47's aren't the issue here. But spin your argument anyway.

No, you do NOT know better than I - I PROMISE you that. If, in fact, these evil AR Pistols can't shoot M855 ammo, they can STILL fire 55 grain 5,56 ammo - which is just as deadly as the 62 grain M855 ammo.

For someone who has "friends" in the FBI - you seem to be sadly misinformed.

I was referring to AK47's just like you, you moron.

LMAO

Might I suggest that you make up your mind? An AK-47 fires the 7.62 round and the AR (or M4) fires the 5.56. The ammo in question is the 62 grain 5.56 "green tip" ammunition that is fired through the AR.

Now, what exactly is your gripe? That gang members have been using the Russian AK-47 fully automatic rifle that has been smuggled into this country for the last 40 years in clear view of Law Enforcement community or that Americans are using the "evil" Green tip bullets against steel targets and should be prosecuted for doing it?

I think you are greatly confused. Perhaps you should consult your "FBI Friends" and find out exactly what they want you to say?

Beg pardon, my response was poorly worded. I should have separated the 47 response and the 5.56 ammo comment . I forgot I was dealing with an idiot. My bad.

went back and edited the comment just for you.

I always find it amusing when the person being corrected calls the person doing the correcting "an idiot".

I suggest that you leave the conversation. You have no clue about that of which you speak. You deal in propaganda and nothing more.

you suggest? ... I suggest (for the second time) KMA !

have a nice day Randi.

I actually havent seen any evidence of it. Not that it isnt possible, of course. But they are consistent and their reasoning is compelling, given the parameters they oeprate in.

They are consistent with Obama's desire to revoke civil rights. Obama attempted to outlaw "scary plastic guns" and failed. So he directed the BATFE to outlaw the most common and cheapest ammunition instead. Green tip has been exempted from the 86' for 30 years, BATFE changing the status is a politically motivated assault on civil rights.
Green tip is neither the most common nor the cheapest. It was exempt because it was classed as a rifle round. Now with the plethora of pistols it is also a pistol round. T hey did the exact same thing with 5.45x39 steel core ammo several years back.

Pretty much of a stretch to call any AR or AK a pistol but, they do it.

images

Yep, that's not a handgun. You can take the stock off of ANY rifle, but they remain rifles.
Wrong. The GCa gives a definition of handgun. And that meets the definition. If you take the stock off a rifle you have a rifle without a stock. It still isnt a handgun.

The picture is a rifle without a stock - nothing more or less.
Wrong. It is a pistol. If it had a stock it would be a SBR.

The AR-15 handgun has been around since the early 90s.

The green tip ammo has been around even longer.

No one can show that in all that time the AR-15 handgun and its "cop killer" ammo (Appeal to Emotion Fallacy) has been used to actually kill a cop.

Thus it is demonstrated that this ban is not about saving the lives of cops.

If it is not really about saving the lives of cops, then it logically follows there is a different motive at work.

Armor-piercing handgun ammunition has been banned since 1986 as a way to protect police officers under the federal Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act.

how old was Obama in 86?

And what about civilian lives?
What about them? Civilians are seldom shot with .223 rounds. Typical criminals rounds are .380 and 9mm.

Pretty much of a stretch to call any AR or AK a pistol but, they do it.

images

Yep, that's not a handgun. You can take the stock off of ANY rifle, but they remain rifles.

Just out of curiosity - where is the buffer on this variant? I mean, I see the castle nut, but no buffer or buffer spring. Looks fairly cool, but it would fire one round and the bolt wouldn't go back.

This whole thing about the "pistol" aspect of the .223 (or the M855) concerns the Sig Sauer PM400 which looks a great deal like that thing above - but has a buffer and a buffer spring

PM400_B5-FDE-detail-hero.jpg

In any event, no "thug" is going to (1) spend the money for one (2) use one (too damned hard to conceal) and (3) stick to a pistol that can be easily concealed - .380 or .25
Thus must be a piston driven AR so a little different from the conventional buffer tube model.

Just about any big game hunting cartridge can defeat the common type of "bullet proof" vests and the feds know it. The issue comes out when democrats are cornered with scandal after scandal and they need some camouflage.

Just about any big game hunting cartridge can defeat the common type of "bullet proof" vests and the feds know it. The issue comes out when democrats are cornered with scandal after scandal and they need some camouflage.
Thats not the issue. The 30-30 will also penetrate a vest. But even armor piercing ammo is still allowed for rifle rounds. If you start chambering pistols in that caliber then the armor piercing stuff has to go away.

I know probably better than you. I have FBI friends. (regarding stolen AK47's)

So the stolen AK PISTOLS won't have any ammo available... AK47's aren't the issue here. But spin your argument anyway.

edited for the sake of the idiots ..

Yet you don't even know that AK-47's don't even fire the banned 5.56mm ammunition...

Green tip is neither the most common nor the cheapest. It was exempt because it was classed as a rifle round. Now with the plethora of pistols it is also a pistol round. T hey did the exact same thing with 5.45x39 steel core ammo several years back.

It is both the most common and cheapest.

You clearly don't have a rifle that fires .223/5.56

Bullshit. The green tip was always more expensive than FMJ.
You recall I'm an FFL, right? I've had everything from ARs to Mini 14s to now a SIG 556xi. I've sold all that crap at one time or another.

I actually havent seen any evidence of it. Not that it isnt possible, of course. But they are consistent and their reasoning is compelling, given the parameters they oeprate in.

They are consistent with Obama's desire to revoke civil rights. Obama attempted to outlaw "scary plastic guns" and failed. So he directed the BATFE to outlaw the most common and cheapest ammunition instead. Green tip has been exempted from the 86' for 30 years, BATFE changing the status is a politically motivated assault on civil rights.

Forgive my ignorance here,(and I mean that seriously) but you mentioned the "plethora" of these "pistols" that apparently everywhere. Seriously, I have not heard of any, other than perhaps the Sig Sauer model ($Nearly two grand). Are there really that many of these things out there?

Thanks.

You recall I'm an FFL, right? I've had everything from ARs to Mini 14s to now a SIG 556xi. I've sold all that crap at one time or another.

Well, in all honesty, "expense" is a relative term. It, indeed, is a little more expensive than the 55 grain FMJ - but not terribly so. Until this panic began I could purchase the green tip ( in bulk) for only slightly more than its 55 grain counterpart.

As a consumer, Green Tip runs me about $.40 a round. I can pay $.90 or more per round for FMJ.

Forgive my ignorance here,(and I mean that seriously) but you mentioned the "plethora" of these "pistols" that apparently everywhere. Seriously, I have not heard of any, other than perhaps the Sig Sauer model ($Nearly two grand). Are there really that many of these things out there?

Thanks.
Yes. Esp with the SIG brace approved by ATF you've got the functional equivalent of an SBR without the tax stamp and hassle.

Thanks.
Yes. Esp with the SIG brace approved by ATF you've got the functional equivalent of an SBR without the tax stamp and hassle.

I knew there had to be SOMETHING I could agree with you about.

As a consumer, Green Tip runs me about $.40 a round. I can pay $.90 or more per round for FMJ.
On February 16th I ordered 1500 rounds from LAX Ammunition. 1k of it was PMC green tip. It went for 250/500rds. The other 500 rounds was Independence XM193 and it cost 155/500rds. Now, this is already after ATF had announced their intent and LAX was probably the last place with the stuff in stock, so the price on the green tip was already up.
Still even before that I didnt see green tip going for any less than 55gr FMJ, usually more.
Honestly I dont see the big deal in it. I never felt like I was underarmed unless I had SS109. And it isnt as accurate as the fmj stuff.

On February 16th I ordered 1500 rounds from LAX Ammunition. 1k of it was PMC green tip. It went for 250/500rds. The other 500 rounds was Independence XM193 and it cost 155/500rds. Now, this is already after ATF had announced their intent and LAX was probably the last place with the stuff in stock, so the price on the green tip was already up.
Still even before that I didnt see green tip going for any less than 55gr FMJ, usually more.
Honestly I dont see the big deal in it. I never felt like I was underarmed unless I had SS109. And it isnt as accurate as the fmj stuff.

Two things - the not one more inch aspect. I have no love for Green Tip, I just don't want Obama and the leftists interfering with firearms in any way, shape, or form.

I have only used Green Tip for plinking - or any other round for that matter. What I want is a cheap, reliable round. What Obama and his BATFE have done is drive prices through the roof - as intended.

Forum List

Back