Another thread about the presidents vacation

How much vacation should the president be allowed to take each year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
I think our presidents take too much vacation. Why are they not limited to the number of days they can take each year? It's a job like any other, and paid vacations are a benefit of that job.

For the most powerful and stressful job in the world - I say let the president make that decision.

Bush averaged over 18 weeks vacation per year.

George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

487 days at Camp David
490 days at Crawford Ranch
43 days at Kennebunkport Compound

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Carter took 79 days in 4 years.
Clinton took 152 days in 8 years.

Reagan took 335 days in 8 years.
Bush Sr. took 543 days in 4 years!

So much for the mythological Republican hard worth ethic.

The Out-of-Towner: While Bush vacationed, 9/11 warnings went unheard

The whole vacation BS from the radical right is the same as the tinfoil voter fraud conspiracies and teleprompter nonsense.
When you are guilty of all of the above, just blame the democrats in a pathetic deflection attempt.

I think our presidents take too much vacation. Why are they not limited to the number of days they can take each year? It's a job like any other, and paid vacations are a benefit of that job.

Personally? I think that public servants such as the President and all our Congress critters should be limited to the same amount of vacation time as those other public servants known as the military get...................

30 days per year.

Interestingly enough, Congress and the House have taken more days off this year so far than the President has.

The POTUS is never on vacation. Everywhere he goes he is followed by the Secret Service and the Man with the Football, and he is briefed daily on a myraid of foerign and domestic issues. He is never out of the loop for any length of time.

Actually not.

And presidents don’t take ‘vacations.’

When Obama’s ‘vacationing’ in Hawaii – and this applied to GWB in Crawford – he gets the same briefings as when he’s in the WH, meets with the same advisors, communicates with Administration officials in Washington, and continues to address both foreign and domestic issues.

Consequently this nonsense about a president taking too much time off or any expense involved is a non-issue, relevant only to partisan hacks trying to score political points.

Presidents are never really on vacation. They're just on the job in a nice location.

Presidents are never really on vacation. They're just on the job in a nice location.

Except for when democratic presidents are on them. Then the right wingers think they are on lavish excursions like the big banker cronies went on after the Bush bailouts.

yah, its sooo much stress signing all of those bills !!! oh, and the stress of dating millionaire golf pro's in Florida.

After you've voluntarily taken on a job which requires you to be at work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year, including holiday's, and which carries the tremendous burdens the presidency carries...then, and only then, will you be qualified to recommend anything about that job.

Obama has been on Vacation since he forced the ACA on America...

Seriously, I agreee that Presidents don't really get vacations --- they just waste our tax dolllars going to work in expenisve exclusive locations.... Now their wives --- they go on vacations!! Moochelle is the best ever at wasting tax dollars!!!

The POTUS is never on vacation. Everywhere he goes he is followed by the Secret Service and the Man with the Football, and he is briefed daily on a myraid of foerign and domestic issues. He is never out of the loop for any length of time.

^that. He gets the same daily briefings and has to make the same calls as if he were in D.C. We live in a Telepresence world now. Telepresence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the president’s not alone, with millions of other Americans ‘on vacation’ with a smart phone or the like poolside.

487 days at Camp David

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Almost NONE of it in Hawaii, Calif, Martha's Vineyard, FL...
Almost ALL of it at his HOME in Crawford Tx.

Do you when you work from home tell your boss you are on vacation?
Same with Bush. Secret Service loved it because they had a home away from home!
Accountants loved it cause there were NO eXpensive hotels to house people... they were housed on the ranch!

So this crap about Bush's vacations DOES NOT compare to Obama's flitting around FL,Hawaii...

Entire 8 years of Bush cost about $20 million!
Obama spent $7 million alone last Christmas flying 40 hours between DC and Hawaii at over $ 7 million!

So don't give me that CRAP about Bush's vacations CAUSE HE WAS WORKING FROM HOME!!!

487 days at Camp David

Almost NONE of it in Hawaii, Calif, Martha's Vineyard, FL...
Almost ALL of it at his HOME in Crawford Tx.

Do you when you work from home tell your boss you are on vacation?
Same with Bush. Secret Service loved it because they had a home away from home!
Accountants loved it cause there were NO eXpensive hotels to house people... they were housed on the ranch!

So this crap about Bush's vacations DOES NOT compare to Obama's flitting around FL,Hawaii...

Entire 8 years of Bush cost about $20 million!
Obama spent $7 million alone last Christmas flying 40 hours between DC and Hawaii at over $ 7 million!

So don't give me that CRAP about Bush's vacations CAUSE HE WAS WORKING FROM HOME!!!

Uh....do you even have a clue about how many people travel with a President everywhere he goes? Or, how large the Crawford ranch was?

Personally? I think that public servants such as the President and all our Congress critters should be limited to the same amount of vacation time as those other public servants known as the military get...................

30 days per year.

Interestingly enough, Congress and the House have taken more days off this year so far than the President has.

That is a reasonable proposal...it's about public perception, especially in these economic times.

The President doesn't get a "vacation" during his term.

At every moment, he's on the job as the President of the US. Where he does it from is mostly irrelevant to me.

Forum List

Back