Another Trump disappointment: Sessions bringing back the War on Some Drug Users

If these drug addicts worked a job and paid for their own drugs fine, but they don't, they rob and steal and commit crimes against law abiding citizens to feed their habits. So tough shit, go to jail, go directly to jail.
Rob and steal? Go to jail for robbing and stealing. Where's the problem? (Btw, if drugs were legalized and sold at CVS next to the aspirin, that might have a positive impact on the crime rate, don't you think?)

I don't see why. If a person doesn't have money for their drugs because they are too Fd up to work or can't pass drug tests, what's stopping them from robbing and staling to get legal drugs instead of illegal drugs?
But the same argument could be used to make alcohol, expensive sneakers, and a host of things people kill other people for, illegal. Moreover, if a $100/day illegal heroin habit equaled in quantity of heroin $3 worth of legal farm - raised heroin, processed by Del Monte, packaged and sold next to the cigarettes, it's easy to see, to the extent crime is driven by addicts feeding their habits, the massively positive impact on the crime rate legalizing heroin would have.
Then you would have to legalize gray death, heroin and fentanyl.

The druggies will always be a step or two ahead of you with bigger and better highs some ending in death.

Alcohol is always used as if bad behavior can be used to justify horrible behavior.

If we cannot convince people that they really can get through the day without being high maybe the better thing to do is let them go. Stop absurd justifications that heroin is just like alcohol. Stop running around with narcan and rushing overdoses to the hospital. Just let them go. Protect yourself and your family. Shoot to kill. They won't sober up.

And I didn't accept a job offer with your company so that you could control how I may find fulfillment in life. If you can keep your end of our deal and pay me x compensation for y services and leave it at that, then we're good. But if you also insist on being able to tell me what I may smoke, where I may attend church, whom I may marry, etc., then you will have to find yourself a more submissive, slavish employee.

Hey, if you're an embarrassment to the community outside of work, you won't last long in my business. Damn right I'll tell you what you can smoke by piss-testing you if I'm even a little bit suspicious of your conduct. Who you marry or where or if you go to church is none of my business and an attempted smokescreen on your part. But if you beat your wife or steal from the collection plate at church....same outcome.
You wouldn't tell me what I can smoke because I wouldn't work under those conditions. Nor should the rest of the country be required to live under the same inappropriate and controlling rules your meek work force endures.

If these drug addicts worked a job and paid for their own drugs fine, but they don't, they rob and steal and commit crimes against law abiding citizens to feed their habits. So tough shit, go to jail, go directly to jail.
Rob and steal? Go to jail for robbing and stealing. Where's the problem? (Btw, if drugs were legalized and sold at CVS next to the aspirin, that might have a positive impact on the crime rate, don't you think?)

I don't see why. If a person doesn't have money for their drugs because they are too Fd up to work or can't pass drug tests, what's stopping them from robbing and staling to get legal drugs instead of illegal drugs?
But the same argument could be used to make alcohol, expensive sneakers, and a host of things people kill other people for, illegal. Moreover, if a $100/day illegal heroin habit equaled in quantity of heroin $3 worth of legal farm - raised heroin, processed by Del Monte, packaged and sold next to the cigarettes, it's easy to see, to the extent crime is driven by addicts feeding their habits, the massively positive impact on the crime rate legalizing heroin would have.
Then you would have to legalize gray death, heroin and fentanyl.

The druggies will always be a step or two ahead of you with bigger and better highs some ending in death.

Alcohol is always used as if bad behavior can be used to justify horrible behavior.

If we cannot convince people that they really can get through the day without being high maybe the better thing to do is let them go. Stop absurd justifications that heroin is just like alcohol. Stop running around with narcan and rushing overdoses to the hospital. Just let them go. Protect yourself and your family. Shoot to kill. They won't sober up.

People are funny. Because they have always known condition A, conditions B - Z must be wrong. Do you know where the first anti-drug laws in the world were passed? Right here in the US. And not too long ago. So in all of human history, from one end of the globe to the other, among all the thousands and thousands of human groupings that have existed, with the exception of a penis, no human ever thought to make it a rule that there were some things you couldn't put in your mouth or you'd be punished. (God, on the other hand, was downright prolific with dietary proscriptions). But no human ever said, hey look, hemlock. Poison. Let's make it a law you can't put this in your mouth. Everybody always assumed humans could manage their own ingestion as well as cows and coyotes and butterflies do. Until we came along. We Americans decided we needed to declare some things against the law to eat.

And what were those things, you ask?

Well, things that are bad for you.

Oh, so like raw sewage?

Well, no. It isn't illegal to eat raw sewage. It was more like things that are bad for you, but that are pleasurable and that you want to do anyway.

Oh, you say. Then, heyyy, are you one of them Puritans?

Why yes. Yes, I am. I hate the idea of others experiencing pleasure. I want to paint a big scarlet P on your forehead and rip that cigarette out of your mouth.

But even the Puritans couldn't come up with the idea of making it illegal to put certain things in your mouth (it is, after all, a pretty outlandish idea when you think about it) all by themselves, even though opiates and coca derivatives were widely available--even to little kids!--next to the licorice barrel in every General Store in the country. (Nor did the country fall into a stupor while these drugs were legal and available everywhere. On the contrary, that's when we built this fucking place.)

No, it took some good old-fashioned xenophobia to enlighten the nation's scolds to the possibilities in making drugs illegal. Back when there were far too many Chinese popping up in San Francisco, efforts were begun to make San Francisco not so goddam welcoming. Laws were passed prohibiting behaviors particular to our yellow brothers, one of which was smoking opium--a pleasurable activity sometimes enjoyed right out in the open where God and everybody else could see it. And there you have the very first anti-drug law in human history. Wasn't exactly public health related.

Fast forward to today where you just KNOW heroin HAS to be illegal. It's got nothing to do with the propaganda the government's been bombarding you with since you were a sperm wiggling around in your daddy's balls. You just KNOW, don't you?

From the Washington Post:

The Sessions memo marks the first significant criminal justice effort by the Trump administration to bring back the toughest practices of the drug war, which had fallen out of favor in recent years with a bipartisan movement to undo the damaging effects of mass incarceration.
Of all the very serious issues out there, THIS is what Sessions puts out there? The stupid, unwinnable, unjust War on Drugs.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL!!!

SMH
I agree the wall needs built but I also agree drug pushers should be thrown in prison. Personally I prefer users to be given 1 chance at rehab then 10 years labor for a 2nd offense and then execution for third offense. Dealers automatic execution.
The federal government is the largest purchaser of drugs, in the entire world.
Personally I prefer users to be given 1 chance at rehab then 10 years labor for a 2nd offense and then execution for third offense.
All for wanting to feel better?

I didn't hire you to be "happy" doing your job.....I expect you to do the job I hired you to do in the way I want it done. If you're happy doing that, I'm happy you're happy; if not, I'll find somebody who's pursuit is making me money.
And I didn't accept a job offer with your company so that you could control how I may find fulfillment in life. If you can keep your end of our deal and pay me x compensation for y services and leave it at that, then we're good. But if you also insist on being able to tell me what I may smoke, where I may attend church, whom I may marry, etc., then you will have to find yourself a more submissive, slavish employee.
Excellent post. It shows just how insidious drugs are. Your brain is so fried you associate a ban on drug use with religion and marriage. That's exactly why drugs are illegal, people lose all sense of reality.

People are funny. Because they have always known condition A, conditions B - Z must be wrong. Do you know where the first anti-drug laws in the world were passed? Right here in the US. And not too long ago. So in all of human history, from one end of the globe to the other, among all the thousands and thousands of human groupings that have existed, with the exception of a penis, no human ever thought to make it a rule that there were some things you couldn't put in your mouth or you'd be punished. (God, on the other hand, was downright prolific with dietary proscriptions). But no human ever said, hey look, hemlock. Poison. Let's make it a law you can't put this in your mouth. Everybody always assumed humans could manage their own ingestion as well as cows and coyotes and butterflies do. Until we came along. We Americans decided we needed to declare some things against the law to eat.

And what were those things, you ask?

Well, things that are bad for you.

Oh, so like raw sewage?

Well, no. It isn't illegal to eat raw sewage. It was more like things that are bad for you, but that are pleasurable and that you want to do anyway.

Oh, you say. Then, heyyy, are you one of them Puritans?

Why yes. Yes, I am. I hate the idea of others experiencing pleasure. I want to paint a big scarlet P on your forehead and rip that cigarette out of your mouth.

But even the Puritans couldn't come up with the idea of making it illegal to put certain things in your mouth (it is, after all, a pretty outlandish idea when you think about it) all by themselves, even though opiates and coca derivatives were widely available--even to little kids!--next to the licorice barrel in every General Store in the country. (Nor did the country fall into a stupor while these drugs were legal and available everywhere. On the contrary, that's when we built this fucking place.)

No, it took some good old-fashioned xenophobia to enlighten the nation's scolds to the possibilities in making drugs illegal. Back when there were far too many Chinese popping up in San Francisco, efforts were begun to make San Francisco not so goddam welcoming. Laws were passed prohibiting behaviors particular to our yellow brothers, one of which was smoking opium--a pleasurable activity sometimes enjoyed right out in the open where God and everybody else could see it. And there you have the very first anti-drug law in human history. Wasn't exactly public health related.

Fast forward to today where you just KNOW heroin HAS to be illegal. It's got nothing to do with the propaganda the government's been bombarding you with since you were a sperm wiggling around in your daddy's balls. You just KNOW, don't you?
You're completely full of shit. Your brain has been hollowed out with chemicals. You know nothing about the opium wars where China outlawed the drug because society was going downhill so fast. Women and children were starving as their men layed in opium dens all doped up. That didn't please the English because supplying it was a cash cow so they went to war and made them relent.

Most marijuana users use very much like Michael Brown. All he did was smoke some weed. Not mentioning roughing up the store clerk or fighting with a cop.

They forget. All they did was smoke a roach, then find out that they shot three people.

It still effects you even if you're not actually intoxicated at the time. Pot stays in your system for nearly a month after you stop smoking it. Trayvon Martin who attacked George Zimmerman had pot in his blood too. I've known plenty of people that quit pot, and you can see the gradual change in them as time went along.

From FactCheck.org:

From 2009 to 2012, the “medical marijuana commercialization years,” the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by 48 percent compared with the “early medical marijuana era” between 2006 and 2008. In the first two years after the recreational use of marijuana became legal (2013 to 2014), the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by another 41 percent.

Unpacking Pot’s Impact in Colorado - FactCheck.org

While not all these deaths are marijuana only, pot does seem to be a huge contributor to those statistics.

Well, if we're worried about deaths, why not outlaw alcohol too?

Alcohol is social whereas drugs are not. People don't sit around a table trying different forms of Heroin for taste and talk about their day at work. Drugs are used for one thing and one thing only. When we did have prohibition, do you think we had more of a problem with drunk people than we do today or less? When you legalize something that was illegal, more people are going to participate just as what happened after the prohibition of alcohol was lifted.

The problems we have with alcohol does not justify introducing more harmful elements into our society. If anything, we could use the alcohol argument against drug legalization.
From FactCheck.org:

From 2009 to 2012, the “medical marijuana commercialization years,” the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by 48 percent compared with the “early medical marijuana era” between 2006 and 2008. In the first two years after the recreational use of marijuana became legal (2013 to 2014), the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by another 41 percent.

While not all these deaths are marijuana only, pot does seem to be a huge contributor to those statistics.

Alcohol is social whereas drugs are not. People don't sit around a table trying different forms of Heroin for taste and talk about their day at work. Drugs are used for one thing and one thing only. When we did have prohibition, do you think we had more of a problem with drunk people than we do today or less? When you legalize something that was illegal, more people are going to participate just as what happened after the prohibition of alcohol was lifted.

The problems we have with alcohol does not justify introducing more harmful elements into our society. If anything, we could use the alcohol argument against drug legalization.

But drugs are social. They're the center of so many get togethers and parties. You know, we could probably eliminate drugs but there's too much money in it for everyone, but especially for banks, who never go to jail. Remember the wachovia drug laundering case? They paid a fine which was a small percentage of the profit they made from the mexican drug cartels, then got taken over by wells fargo. Nobody went to jail of course. Obama had been in office a couple years already by then, and of course he wouldn't go against the banks. Everyone makes money on drugs including the cartels, dealers, banks, prison industry and prison guards. But only the little players and the end users go to jail.

Absolutely wrong. Most prison cases that involve drugs are the sales of drugs or using them in the commission of another (and more serious) crime. We have very few inmates in prison for drug usage alone. I believe it's something like less than 4% of our prison population, but if you want, I'll find the statistics and post them for you.

But Ray, if you want to regulate what people do because it might harm them, then that opens up whole new careers for people wanting to make sure people won't do certain things that could maybe harm them. Start with hill climbing and martial arts?

I totally agree with you! Let's have an activities police. With an Activity Police watch health care costs plummet!
I am actively involved in health care financing and and the stupid commercials showing sky diving, all the stupid supposedly "I gotta be me"
activities, are examples of how dumb ass claims are submitted AND paid by the insurance companies!
Have an activity police and that will drop!

I'm being facetious of course! But the gross lack of responsibility on people today is so evident in rising health care costs!

A carton of cigarettes probably costs around ten bucks to make, but the price of a carton here is about $60.00. I understand in New York, they want to raise the price of a carton from $105.00 to $130.00.

Yeah, if we made murder legal too, that would save our police and detectives a lot of work as well. My neighbors are drunks. Today, they will be drunk by 12:00 in the afternoon. But they both have jobs. They both wake up early every morning and are out of here by 6:00 am. They both pay taxes. People who are addicted to opioid products can't work. Then we the taxpayers have to support them along with the medical problems they develop from the dope.

Before you say "well, I'm against supporting them," that's a false argument because we don't let people die in the streets in this country. We can't even get society to stop supporting people that just don't want to work.

Most marijuana users use very much like Michael Brown. All he did was smoke some weed. Not mentioning roughing up the store clerk or fighting with a cop.

They forget. All they did was smoke a roach, then find out that they shot three people.

It still effects you even if you're not actually intoxicated at the time. Pot stays in your system for nearly a month after you stop smoking it. Trayvon Martin who attacked George Zimmerman had pot in his blood too. I've known plenty of people that quit pot, and you can see the gradual change in them as time went along.
Like these?
drugusers.png

From FactCheck.org:

From FactCheck.org:

But drugs are social. They're the center of so many get togethers and parties. You know, we could probably eliminate drugs but there's too much money in it for everyone, but especially for banks, who never go to jail. Remember the wachovia drug laundering case? They paid a fine which was a small percentage of the profit they made from the mexican drug cartels, then got taken over by wells fargo. Nobody went to jail of course. Obama had been in office a couple years already by then, and of course he wouldn't go against the banks. Everyone makes money on drugs including the cartels, dealers, banks, prison industry and prison guards. But only the little players and the end users go to jail.

Absolutely wrong. Most prison cases that involve drugs are the sales of drugs or using them in the commission of another (and more serious) crime. We have very few inmates in prison for drug usage alone. I believe it's something like less than 4% of our prison population, but if you want, I'll find the statistics and post them for you.

But Ray, if you want to regulate what people do because it might harm them, then that opens up whole new careers for people wanting to make sure people won't do certain things that could maybe harm them. Start with hill climbing and martial arts?

If you hill climb or are involved in martial arts, employers will still hire you and you won't be a drag on taxpayers.

I'm not concerned about people harming themselves, I'm more concerned about them being a burden to society and ruining the lives of their families. As I mentioned earlier, my cousin lost her 28 year old son to dope about a year and a half ago. About six months ago, I ran into her and her husband at the grocery store. They both looked like they just got done crying in the car before they entered the store. Their lives will never be the same.

Even if you made pot legal, that doesn't mean an employer has to hire users. Employers get much cheaper rates on Workman's Compensation insurance by having a random test drug program. In fact I rented an apartment to a pot using couple, and they were here several years. Both drove beat up old cars, they never had any money, and they were always late with rent. Why didn't they quit their fast food jobs and get a better paying job? Because better paying jobs drug test.

I haven't heard from the girl (who I rented the apartment to) in over a year, but it's my hope they decided to give up the dope and start making their path in life. They are in their later 20's now, and time is running out. It's difficult to pursue a career when you're a 40 year old french fry maker. If you want any kind of success in life, you have to start early.

This isn't a war on drugs. It's a war on violence.

Just like alcohol prohibition, the laws themselves are the cause of the violence. You're right though, it's not a war on drugs, it's a fascist policy-war on American Citizens who use non-government approved (non-taxed) recreational substances. Unlike Prohibition, the violence is mostly in other countries that the US press doesn't cover, so there is hardly any US outrage over that violence.
Plus, prescription drugs kill way more people every year than illegal drugs, but they have teams of high-paid lawyers on K Street running up and down the halls of Congress, so the fucking government actually PAYS BILLIONS FOR the more dangerous drugs and hands them out to medicaid recipients and everyone else, but these drugs over here, who don't have lobbyists , and are less dangerous, and people WANT to take them, and will pay for them themselves, the fucking government SPENDS BILLIONS to lock those people up in fucking cages (which have their own armies of lawyers on K St making sure the lawmakers create more lawbreakers, i.e., customers.

It is so sick and corrupted people don't even know. But 98% of the population grew up seeing the government's this-is-your-brain-on-fried-eggs propaganda and that's as far as it goes. Like robots. DRUGS. MUST. BE. ILLEGAL.

For Profit Prisons, must keep them full:

The latest data of Vanguard funds' portfolio information is dated February 28, 2017. The following are a list of funds owned by Jeff Sessions that was from Vanguard's website:

1. Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Admiral Shares - consists of both GEO Group and CoreCivic, Inc. stocks worth over $164,000,000. Sessions investment value is from $15,001 - $50,000.

2. Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Admiral Shares - same fund as above, but Sessions lists investment value between $1,001 - $15,000.

3. Vanguard Small-Cap Index Fund Admiral Shares - consisits of stocks from The GEO Group and CoreCivic, Inc. valued at over $173,500,000. Sessions shows investments valued from $15,000 - $50,000.

4. Vanguard Total International Stock Index Admiral Shares - contains GEO Holdings Corporation stock valued at over $4,400,000. Sessions owns $1,001 - $15,000 of this fund.

If he still owns these funds, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is making policy that he will financially profit from. This blatant lack of morals and ethics shows once again how Sessions is not fit to be the U.S. Attorney General.

Jeff Sessions Getting Rich Filling Private Prisons

From the Washington Post:

The Sessions memo marks the first significant criminal justice effort by the Trump administration to bring back the toughest practices of the drug war, which had fallen out of favor in recent years with a bipartisan movement to undo the damaging effects of mass incarceration.
Of all the very serious issues out there, THIS is what Sessions puts out there? The stupid, unwinnable, unjust War on Drugs.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL!!!

SMH
Fuck Jeff Sessions!

From FactCheck.org:

From FactCheck.org:

That's one of the many lunacies of the drug laws, that somehow, it's ok to prosecute just the sale and not the purchase of the same illegal product. The only reason that absurdity has developed is because the sellers generally will have more cash on hand than the buyers, and that's what the narcs are really after. They couldn't care less if Tommy or T'Neekwa are getting high. Why should they? What business is it of theirs?

I guess the logic to that is users are doing more harm to themselves than the sellers who are doing more harm to society. We have a huge opioid problem in this country. In our county, we are experiencing record overdoses and overdose deaths. Without the pusher, that wouldn't be happening, so they are bringing harm to everybody including children.

Last year we lost over 50,000 Americans to overdose deaths, and then you add in all the Americans who's lives were ruined because of drugs. For the life of me, I can't understand why people would want to see an expansion of that problem. Because let's face it, if you make all drugs legal, more people will use those drugs.

If you hill climb or are involved in martial arts, employers will still hire you and you won't be a drag on taxpayers.

I'm not concerned about people harming themselves, I'm more concerned about them being a burden to society and ruining the lives of their families. As I mentioned earlier, my cousin lost her 28 year old son to dope about a year and a half ago. About six months ago, I ran into her and her husband at the grocery store. They both looked like they just got done crying in the car before they entered the store. Their lives will never be the same.

Even if you made pot legal, that doesn't mean an employer has to hire users. Employers get much cheaper rates on Workman's Compensation insurance by having a random test drug program. In fact I rented an apartment to a pot using couple, and they were here several years. Both drove beat up old cars, they never had any money, and they were always late with rent. Why didn't they quit their fast food jobs and get a better paying job? Because better paying jobs drug test.

I haven't heard from the girl (who I rented the apartment to) in over a year, but it's my hope they decided to give up the dope and start making their path in life. They are in their later 20's now, and time is running out. It's difficult to pursue a career when you're a 40 year old french fry maker. If you want any kind of success in life, you have to start early.
What about people who smoke pot and have no problem at work in their non-fast food jobs?

You wouldn't tell me what I can smoke because I wouldn't work under those conditions. Nor should the rest of the country be required to live under the same inappropriate and controlling rules your meek work force endures.

Nothing "meek" about people who've worked for me over the years...they've all been more interested in acting like adults than playing some closet-rebel like you're doing. I have no idea if you have a job or want one but I suggest you keep your stoner views to yourself online. Most large employers are checking out their employees on social media.

Private Prison Company Geo Group Gave Generously to Trump and Now Has Lucrative Contract

By Mirren Gidda On 5/11/17 at 5:00 AM

Updated | Within the Texas legislature, a controversial bill is pending. A private prisons company called the GEO Group has allegedly asked Republicans to submit a law that could lead to immigrant children being indefinitely detained in its lucrative centers.

Representatives John Raney, John Cyrier and Mark Keough—all Republicans—have authored legislation that, if passed, would allow immigration detention centers to obtain child care licenses. Equipped with the permits, the centers would then be able to circumvent a 2015 federal ruling that said detained immigrant children must be transferred to a child care facility after 20 days in detention.

Raney, Cyrier and Keough’s bill would not require the detention centers to change their setups, but it could significantly benefit them. The GEO Group, which runs the Karnes Residential Center—one of two family detention facilities in Texas—earns $55 million annually from the facility. At present, just 100 of its 830 beds are occupied, according to the Associated Press.

Meet the GEO Group, the private prison company who gave money to Trump—and is now reaping the rewards

Updated | Within the Texas legislature, a controversial bill is pending. A private prisons company called the GEO Group has allegedly asked Republicans to submit a law that could lead to immigrant children being indefinitely detained in its lucrative centers.
Allegedly. What about the alleged rape rooms for little Mexican boys? I mean why stop there, pick it up a bit. Let's get some real emotion going, you're losing your touch.

What about people who smoke pot and have no problem at work in their non-fast food jobs?

You don't when you are younger. I've worked plenty of minimum wage jobs when I was a kid. But I also regret not seeking a trade when I was younger as well. All that time wasted working low paying jobs.

The earlier you start, the better life will be in the future. At the risk of sounding like an old man, younger people have no idea how fast time really flies.

So you get out of school at 18, smoke pot, and make on average $20,000 a year for ten years. But if you got a real job and made $40,000 a year, that's $200,000 more you could have made if you got off the dope and started to pursue a career right from the beginning. That's a hell of a lot of money to waste just to smoke pot on top of the money you wasted buying the shit.

Forum List

Back