Another Trump disappointment: Sessions bringing back the War on Some Drug Users

From the Washington Post:

The Sessions memo marks the first significant criminal justice effort by the Trump administration to bring back the toughest practices of the drug war, which had fallen out of favor in recent years with a bipartisan movement to undo the damaging effects of mass incarceration.
Of all the very serious issues out there, THIS is what Sessions puts out there? The stupid, unwinnable, unjust War on Drugs.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL!!!

SMH
I agree the wall needs built but I also agree drug pushers should be thrown in prison. Personally I prefer users to be given 1 chance at rehab then 10 years labor for a 2nd offense and then execution for third offense. Dealers automatic execution.

Mountain biking is recreational...smoking cocaine is not. When low-life's choose to be "recreational" in such a way that leads to imposing on my checking account I tend to have a problem with it.
So if a mountain biker is hitting a trail up in the Sangre de Cristos and accidentally goes over a cliff and it takes a helicopter and a bunch of first responders a lot of time to rescue him, all at taxpayer expense, will you have a problem with that, too?

Oh you're killing me with the predictable bullshit semantics...haha
If the mountain biker has a SELF PAID insurance policy that covers all expenses related to his own decision making I'm fine with it....If he's uninsured or taxpayer insured and his risks become burden to taxpayers he's a piece of shit as well.
See how this works...it's so fucking simple...you're a big boy...PAY YOUR OWN FUCKING WAY!

I don't think insurance policies cover helicopter rescue and first responders.

The Sessions memo marks the first significant criminal justice effort by the Trump administration to bring back the toughest practices of the drug war, which had fallen out of favor in recent years with a bipartisan movement to undo the damaging effects of mass incarceration.
Of all the very serious issues out there, THIS is what Sessions puts out there? The stupid, unwinnable, unjust War on Drugs.

SMH
I agree the wall needs built but I also agree drug pushers should be thrown in prison. Personally I prefer users to be given 1 chance at rehab then 10 years labor for a 2nd offense and then execution for third offense. Dealers automatic execution.

On the other hand, if the illegal drugs were legal, there would be no drug pushers, cartels, no need for a trump wall. There would be fewer prisons, guards, overcrowded courts. This is another reason America is in debt. Too much of our money goes to drug enforcement, as well as to our never ending wars for profit.

SMH

On the other hand, if the illegal drugs were legal, there would be no drug pushers, cartels, no need for a trump wall. There would be fewer prisons, guards, overcrowded courts. This is another reason America is in debt. Too much of our money goes to drug enforcement, as well as to our never ending wars for profit.
And more dead people including children and teenagers...great plan. Shoot the dealers give the users 2 chances and then execute them believe me make it nice and public and shit will dry up real fast and the users will get rehab!

A buddy of mine's wife used to tell him: "don't forget to smoke your birth control"....reefer shrinks your nuts, dumbass. I mean, look at heavy users....they're pretty much female. :gay:
I don't know about that. In the hood, there isn't a person over the age of twelve who isn't high as a kite every waking moment, and the females all got a half dozen bastards clambering over them.

Gross generalization about young urban blacks but I'll continue. Reefer gateways into hard drugs unless there is some control mechanism in place....why not get REALLY high? That question is answered in one of two ways. Reefer dealers have access to other dope for lean supply times....they don't shut down or they'll lose their customers. I came up through the 60's and 70's and have seen what happened to chronic users....their minds are shot. Lazy, angry, and pretty much useless. Add to that a corporation of any size has been doing random tests for years. Sure, they can be defeated but if they're not, you're gone. Who wants an easily distracted pothead in the middle of your business operation? I'm not talking about weekenders here or a couple who get lit before sex or whatever. I'm talking about dumbasses who've come to believe smoking a plant matter is a "lifestyle". Legalization? don't even think about it.

I don't think smoking that plant as a lifestyle is all that bad when compared to all the death and destruction caused by alcohol. How many highway accidents caused by pot, for example? The war on drugs has been a failure. Can't rescue people from their own stupidity. Not that I like pot one bit. I tried it a couple of times after hearing that glaucoma patients had some success with it. It was a crummy taste and afterward feeling, so I just kept on taking eye drops instead.

From FactCheck.org:

From 2009 to 2012, the “medical marijuana commercialization years,” the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by 48 percent compared with the “early medical marijuana era” between 2006 and 2008. In the first two years after the recreational use of marijuana became legal (2013 to 2014), the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by another 41 percent.

Unpacking Pot’s Impact in Colorado - FactCheck.org

While not all these deaths are marijuana only, pot does seem to be a huge contributor to those statistics.

If these drug addicts worked a job and paid for their own drugs fine, but they don't, they rob and steal and commit crimes against law abiding citizens to feed their habits. So tough shit, go to jail, go directly to jail.
Rob and steal? Go to jail for robbing and stealing. Where's the problem? (Btw, if drugs were legalized and sold at CVS next to the aspirin, that might have a positive impact on the crime rate, don't you think?)

I don't see why. If a person doesn't have money for their drugs because they are too Fd up to work or can't pass drug tests, what's stopping them from robbing and staling to get legal drugs instead of illegal drugs?

SMH

And more dead people including children and teenagers...great plan. Shoot the dealers give the users 2 chances and then execute them believe me make it nice and public and shit will dry up real fast and the users will get rehab!

Children are getting the drugs now because of the dealers working for profit. Without law enforcement interfering in people's lives so much, the police may be free to make sure drugs won't fall into the hands of minors. I dream of an America before the introduction of drugs into this country by our own government, who now wants to jail Americans for using those drugs.

A buddy of mine's wife used to tell him: "don't forget to smoke your birth control"....reefer shrinks your nuts, dumbass. I mean, look at heavy users....they're pretty much female. :gay:
I don't know about that. In the hood, there isn't a person over the age of twelve who isn't high as a kite every waking moment, and the females all got a half dozen bastards clambering over them.

Gross generalization about young urban blacks but I'll continue. Reefer gateways into hard drugs unless there is some control mechanism in place....why not get REALLY high? That question is answered in one of two ways. Reefer dealers have access to other dope for lean supply times....they don't shut down or they'll lose their customers. I came up through the 60's and 70's and have seen what happened to chronic users....their minds are shot. Lazy, angry, and pretty much useless. Add to that a corporation of any size has been doing random tests for years. Sure, they can be defeated but if they're not, you're gone. Who wants an easily distracted pothead in the middle of your business operation? I'm not talking about weekenders here or a couple who get lit before sex or whatever. I'm talking about dumbasses who've come to believe smoking a plant matter is a "lifestyle". Legalization? don't even think about it.

I don't think smoking that plant as a lifestyle is all that bad when compared to all the death and destruction caused by alcohol. How many highway accidents caused by pot, for example? The war on drugs has been a failure. Can't rescue people from their own stupidity. Not that I like pot one bit. I tried it a couple of times after hearing that glaucoma patients had some success with it. It was a crummy taste and afterward feeling, so I just kept on taking eye drops instead.

From FactCheck.org:

From 2009 to 2012, the “medical marijuana commercialization years,” the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by 48 percent compared with the “early medical marijuana era” between 2006 and 2008. In the first two years after the recreational use of marijuana became legal (2013 to 2014), the average yearly marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by another 41 percent.

While not all these deaths are marijuana only, pot does seem to be a huge contributor to those statistics.

Well, if we're worried about deaths, why not outlaw alcohol too?

Trump ran on tougher drug enforcement. You may be dissapointed he won but that's how it works. I do not believe drugs are harmless, they are devastating to society.

the Trump drones are on FIRE this AM !
Yeah brainchild, the wall should be up by now.
Actually, it is the laws against drugs that are devastating to society, just like the laws against alcohol were an utter disaster on every level. Here is our logic for the War on Some Drug Users: We believe if you take these drugs it will ruin your life. Therefore, if we catch you taking these drugs, we are going to ruin your life.

Not at all. Drug usage leads to crime and destruction of innocents. I rented to a drug user years ago. He was the son of an old girlfriend of mine. He couldn't' work because he became so lazy, and I always wondered how he paid for his dope?

I found out when somebody snuck into my basement and set it afire. The house was nearly totaled, and it took six months and over $80,000 to have it restored. Apparently he wasn't paying for his dope and "whoever" retaliated, and I couldn't get insurance on any of my rental properties for three years.

My cousin recently lost her 28 year old son to dope. He got hooked on it in his early teen years, and could never stop regardless of multiple treatments and run ins with the law. Now her and her husbands life are ruined.

My business operation doesn't have a claim on your pursuit of happiness.

I didn't hire you to be "happy" doing your job.....I expect you to do the job I hired you to do in the way I want it done. If you're happy doing that, I'm happy you're happy. If not, I'll find somebody who's pursuit is making me money.

That said, I don't want reefer users thrown in jail. I want their drug money and their long hair....Fine and buzz-cut your average dipshit every two weeks and he can't score because dealers will think he's narking them. And any other way, short of jail, I want to interfere with his attitude and work ethic. If after repeated efforts to rehab him, he gets to spend a weekend in the local county lockup. Two nights of that will get a kid's attention like nothing else.

Last edited:

SMH

Then there is the corrosive effect on our law enforcement the practice has had of asset forfeiture, which grew out of our insane war on an inanimate object. A majority of police departments in the United States now get more than 50% of their annual budgets from the proceeds from armed seizures (robbery) of the property of private citizens. How glaringly stupid can a policy be? Any reasonably bright eight-year-old should be able to see why you don't give the guys with the guns a financial incentive to discover lawbreakers.

SMH

Under your ideas... this is what most Americans given your ideas would look like.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.18.06 PM.png

From FactCheck.org:

Alcohol is social whereas drugs are not. People don't sit around a table trying different forms of Heroin for taste and talk about their day at work. Drugs are used for one thing and one thing only. When we did have prohibition, do you think we had more of a problem with drunk people than we do today or less? When you legalize something that was illegal, more people are going to participate just as what happened after the prohibition of alcohol was lifted.

The problems we have with alcohol does not justify introducing more harmful elements into our society. If anything, we could use the alcohol argument against drug legalization.

I didn't hire you to be "happy" doing your job.....I expect you to do the job I hired you to do in the way I want it done. If you're happy doing that, I'm happy you're happy; if not, I'll find somebody who's pursuit is making me money.
And I didn't accept a job offer with your company so that you could control how I may find fulfillment in life. If you can keep your end of our deal and pay me x compensation for y services and leave it at that, then we're good. But if you also insist on being able to tell me what I may smoke, where I may attend church, whom I may marry, etc., then you will have to find yourself a more submissive, slavish employee.

We have if you're driving drunk. But liquor hasn't increased in potency....whisky has always been whisky. Marihooch on the other hand is now "designed" by cross-pollination and closely regulated light, water, and fertilizer. You couldn't give away the ditch weed we smoked in the 60's these days. We're talking about a whole different thing now where driving a vehicle stoned is dangerous.

That's the same argument people made for legalized gambling. State run lotteries would run the mob out of business, same goes for casinos as well. Unfortunately, the mob was one step ahead of the geniuses that came up with that argument. The mob uses state lottery numbers for their numbers game, it's just that their payout is higher than the state, plus there is no tax on winnings, so the mob continues their business as usual. Football tickets are still sold by the mob, and they take bets on all sports games as well; again, offering better payouts than dealing with Vegas or anywhere else.

Legalized pot is highly taxed in states that have legalized pot, and dealers undercutting the state are still around and growing.

Under your ideas... this is what most Americans given your ideas would look like.

Your screen name is perfect for you.

No wonder this country is such a mess. People can't think.

I'll bet your great-great-grandfather was the one who, when the local hangin' judge, smarting from an amorous rebuffing, accused the erstwhile object of his affections of being a witch as he witnessed her whispering in her cat's ear, led the chants of "burn her at the stake".

From FactCheck.org:

Alcohol is social whereas drugs are not. People don't sit around a table trying different forms of Heroin for taste and talk about their day at work. Drugs are used for one thing and one thing only. When we did have prohibition, do you think we had more of a problem with drunk people than we do today or less? When you legalize something that was illegal, more people are going to participate just as what happened after the prohibition of alcohol was lifted.

The problems we have with alcohol does not justify introducing more harmful elements into our society. If anything, we could use the alcohol argument against drug legalization.

From FactCheck.org:

But drugs are social. They're the center of so many get togethers and parties. You know, we could probably eliminate drugs but there's too much money in it for everyone, but especially for banks, who never go to jail. Remember the wachovia drug laundering case? They paid a fine which was a small percentage of the profit they made from the mexican drug cartels, then got taken over by wells fargo. Nobody went to jail of course. Obama had been in office a couple years already by then, and of course he wouldn't go against the banks. Everyone makes money on drugs including the cartels, dealers, banks, prison industry and prison guards. But only the little players and the end users go to jail.

And I didn't accept a job offer with your company so that you could control how I may find fulfillment in life. If you can keep your end of our deal and pay me x compensation for y services and leave it at that, then we're good. But if you also insist on being able to tell me what I may smoke, where I may attend church, whom I may marry, etc., then you will have to find yourself a more submissive, slavish employee.

Hey, if you're an embarrassment to the community outside of work, you won't last long in my business. Damn right I'll tell you what you can smoke by piss-testing you if I'm even a little bit suspicious of your conduct. Who you marry or where or if you go to church is none of my business and an attempted smokescreen on your part. But if you beat your wife or steal from the collection plate at church....same outcome.

Forum List

Back