🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anthony Bourdain Says Contempt for Middle Americans by ‘Eastern Liberals’ Explains Trump Election

“The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the upswell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we’re seeing now,” Bourdain said.

Spin this rubes
The garden variety trump rubes
How it will play to the rubes
Donald Trump Has Fooled the Rubes But Doesn't Understand the Rubes
So this is the assclown the rubes want for president
Trump Wonders, How Far Can I Push These Rubes?
Trump doesn't want to stay overnight around the riff raff rubes
rw rubes fall for rw hate media ruse about our President
The Rubes never realize they are Rubes...
Well, pointing out to the Rubes that they are Rubes is always fun.
Now we see the lower IQ rubes yell, everyone else did it!!! so much for draining the swamp rubes
Single payer......the thing that rubes in every industrialized nation except ours have opted for. Such rubes!
The RUbes are never going to be rich, anyway. The reason they are "rubes" is because they vote against the things that made their lives reasonably comfortable.
And that is why trump supporters are seen uneducated, easy to manipulate rubes , using a picture from a horror movie to whip up the rubes even more!!!!
Uneducated bitter white rubes
I love the rubes revenge fantasies
the rubes must hate the holocaust museum
Right wing rubes were wrong again
Please . Everyone knows Trumps base is uneducated rubes .
Gosh, she couldn't be mocking you rubes could she?
that'll keep the rubes busy for next few days
Lol nice I hope the rubes lose sleep over it
A week ago you rubes wanted to lynch Comey.
Trump knows how to sell to rubes, there's no denying that.
He had no intention . He just kept feeding bullshit to the rubes who ate it up.
A right wing red neck site full of nonsense. Not only do the rubes want their own opinions, they want to make up their own facts.
Rubes 1 ; Loser libstains 0
2 to 1 against the Rubes the last three presidential elections, so let's see if Trump takes care of his Rubes or sells them out.
Nice how you only want to go back three elections. . . . :cool-45:
Four of the last seven?

“The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the upswell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we’re seeing now,” Bourdain said.

Spin this rubes
The Rubes never realize they are Rubes...
Well, pointing out to the Rubes that they are Rubes is always fun.
Now we see the lower IQ rubes yell, everyone else did it!!! so much for draining the swamp rubes
Single payer......the thing that rubes in every industrialized nation except ours have opted for. Such rubes!
The RUbes are never going to be rich, anyway. The reason they are "rubes" is because they vote against the things that made their lives reasonably comfortable.
And that is why trump supporters are seen uneducated, easy to manipulate rubes , using a picture from a horror movie to whip up the rubes even more!!!!
Uneducated bitter white rubes
I love the rubes revenge fantasies
the rubes must hate the holocaust museum
Right wing rubes were wrong again
Please . Everyone knows Trumps base is uneducated rubes .
Gosh, she couldn't be mocking you rubes could she?
that'll keep the rubes busy for next few days
Lol nice I hope the rubes lose sleep over it
A week ago you rubes wanted to lynch Comey.
Trump knows how to sell to rubes, there's no denying that.
He had no intention . He just kept feeding bullshit to the rubes who ate it up.
A right wing red neck site full of nonsense. Not only do the rubes want their own opinions, they want to make up their own facts.
2 to 1 against the Rubes the last three presidential elections, so let's see if Trump takes care of his Rubes or sells them out.
Four of the last seven?
:eusa_clap:

Don't you mean 2 of the last 5, or 4 of the last 9?

:gives:

We could do this until we go back to the point when the Democrats were in bed with the KKK and Ike was signing the desegregation of the army and schools, what is the point? At that point, it sort of becomes meaningless who won what, doesn't it?

What the hell, I thought you were ignoring me and I could irreverently make fun of you with abandon?

Mac1958 searched the word "rubes" and found that I had called the rest of the industrialized world "rubes". I wonder why he did that?

My guess....he didn't read what he quoted. He's thorough like that.

Will he admit this error?

"The 60-year-old chef went on to criticize fellow liberals for denying conservatives “their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views” and “mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt.” "

You just elected a Russian Controlled Nazi because you hate Mexicans so much...

What point do you think you deserve anything other than contempt, Cleetus?

Spin this rubes
Four of the last seven?

We could do this until we go back to the point when the Democrats were in bed with the KKK and Ike was signing the desegregation of the army and schools, what is the point? At that point, it sort of becomes meaningless who won what, doesn't it?

What the hell, I thought you were ignoring me and I could irreverently make fun of you with abandon?
Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, Trump before impeachment 4 of 7

"The 60-year-old chef went on to criticize fellow liberals for denying conservatives “their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views” and “mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt.” "

Cletus Correll. It has a ring to it.

Correll has a real love for Russian fascism. He wants to deny basics humanity and legitimacy of those with whom he disagrees.

You make up nonsense and then judge me by it, and then call me a racial slur?

And you think that proves something?

You are an asshole.

Four of the last seven?

Reagan, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, Trump before before WWIII or World Wide economic holocaust. 6 of 10

Four of the last seven?

Reagan, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, Trump before before WWIII or World Wide economic holocaust. 6 of 10
FDR, FDR, FDR, FDR, HT, DDE, DDE, JFK, LBJ, RMN, RMN, JC, Reagan, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, Trump Pubs 10 of 22.

All of which is fun but meaningless.

Either Trump performs or the American public dances a tantarella on his massive head.

This is not going to be boring either way.

“I’ve spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America,” Bourdain continued. “There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by and take care of themselves and the people they love. When we deny them their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views, however different they may be than ours, when we mock them at every turn and treat them with contempt, we do no one any good.”

Well put, Anthony.

The hateful narcissists who have taken over the party won't like this, but thanks for holding up the mirror to them. They're too full of themselves and each other to admit they're partially responsible for Trump's win.

Love your show, by the way.

Four of the last seven?

FDR, FDR, FDR, FDR, HT, DDE, DDE, JFK, LBJ, RMN, RMN, JC, Reagan, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, Trump Pubs 10 of 22.

Either Trump performs or the American public dances a tantarella on his massive head.

I already told you we would do this. I knew you would go back past Ike to make an ass of yourself. Past that point in history, the parties and nation didn't resemble what it is today, so this is pointless.

On top of that, the public doesn't decide shit, the media decides what they are going to think for them. If Trump doesn't perform, it won't matter, the public won't have any good options. The folks in charge will just replace him with someone else that will follow orders. It's not like Obama did anything different than Bush or Cheney would have.

Most of us on the right have been saying this since the election.

Anthony Bourdain is blaming liberals like himself as the reason Donald Trump won the 2016 election.

In an interview with Reason magazine published Thursday, the host of the CNN culinary travel show Parts Unknown, slammed the “self-congratulatory” and “privileged left” for their disdain for working-class Americans.

He continued, “I’ve spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America. There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by, and take care of themselves and the people they love.”

The 60-year-old chef went on to criticize fellow liberals for denying conservatives “their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views” and “mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt.”

Bourdain went on to say these issues aren’t specific to the United States. He says Trump’s election is part of a “global trend” towards nationalism “that should be of concern to everyone.”

Anthony Bourdain Says Contempt for Middle Americans by ‘Eastern Liberals’ Explains Trump Election
Defiance Comes out of the Shadows

This snobbery has been going on with the same intensity for 50 years, so some other factor is needed to explain 2016. Before this, the deplored had always had at least some desire to be accepted by those elevated above them.

But maybe they really are rubes...

Here's the thing.... Howard Beale got it right a long time ago.

We have a corporate structure that has gotten very good at telling the Rubes what to think, how to dress and what to buy...

Trump just figured out how to get some of the rubes to vote for him...

And now he's putting together a cabinet of people who are going to screw the Rubes. They'll find their Social Security and Medicare Privatized and will wonder what went wrong.

That's what advertising is all about, the art of persuasion..

Slippery Swindle

Persuasion is not an art, it's a racket.

Anthony Bourdain is blaming liberals like himself as the reason Donald Trump won the 2016 election.

In an interview with Reason magazine published Thursday, the host of the CNN culinary travel show Parts Unknown, slammed the “self-congratulatory” and “privileged left” for their disdain for working-class Americans.

He continued, “I’ve spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America. There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by, and take care of themselves and the people they love.”

The 60-year-old chef went on to criticize fellow liberals for denying conservatives “their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views” and “mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt.”

Bourdain went on to say these issues aren’t specific to the United States. He says Trump’s election is part of a “global trend” towards nationalism “that should be of concern to everyone.”

I am sick and tired of people blaming democrats for the demise of the middle class......NAFTA is the reason the middle class has diminished. NAFTA signed sealed and delivered by conservatives in the 90's. Yes Bill Clinton made it law, but it was a conservative idea and was put forth by a conservative congress. Its time white people stop blaming others for their plight in this country, especially the middle class. Your days of red carpet treatment is over...get over it and adjust.

What we have today are these one hit companies coming into rural america with bullshit low wage jobs and white people are whining about it. No longer will they see these high wage companies anymore.

Four of the last seven?

I already told you we would do this. I knew you would go back past Ike to make an ass of yourself. Past that point in history, the parties and nation didn't resemble what it is today, so this is pointless.

On top of that, the public doesn't decide shit, the media decides what they are going to think for them. If Trump doesn't perform, it won't matter, the public won't have any good options. The folks in charge will just replace him with someone else that will follow orders. It's not like Obama did anything different than Bush or Cheney would have.
You are the one making an ass of yourself. You have have had one victory since 2004, OrangeBoy. Now either he performs, or he goes. It's funny you still think you are a bright person.

But maybe they really are rubes...

Here's the thing.... Howard Beale got it right a long time ago.

We have a corporate structure that has gotten very good at telling the Rubes what to think, how to dress and what to buy...

Trump just figured out how to get some of the rubes to vote for him...

And now he's putting together a cabinet of people who are going to screw the Rubes. They'll find their Social Security and Medicare Privatized and will wonder what went wrong.

I get it right nearly every single day, and you rarely listen to me. Why should you start listening now?

You get most of your info from the TV, admit it. You think the info from books and the net, from real journalists are just fake news.

Defiance Comes out of the Shadows

This snobbery has been going on with the same intensity for 50 years, so some other factor is needed to explain 2016. Before this, the deplored had always had at least some desire to be accepted by those elevated above them.

Before this they were given no choice that spoke for them.

You are the one making an ass of yourself. You have have had one victory since 2004, OrangeBoy. Now either he performs, or he goes. It's funny you still think you are a bright person.

You think "OrangeBoy" is a victory for me?

635759579556796205-1333795287_image.png

Now we see who is seriously not so bright. That guy isn't a victory for anyone. The difference 'tween you and I? I know you voted for evil, I didn't.

No one's had any victories since 2004 idiot.

Beale, you have trouble finding your way out of a circular room. Trump is not anyone's victory, and your fumblings here are pathetically amusing. Voting for Trump or Clinton would have been voting for evil. Bush was everybody's loss, boy.

Beale, you have trouble finding your way out of a circular room. Trump is not anyone's victory, and your fumblings here are pathetically amusing. Voting for Trump or Clinton would have been voting for evil. Bush was everybody's loss, boy.

I am always amused at how close we are in philosophy, and yet how far you are from the truth.

Forum List

Back