Anti gay people of MessageBoard, why do you feel that way?

Looking at gay men in the US, over half of STD and AIDS cases come from gay males even though they account for less than 5% of the population.
source?
CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Gay and Bisexual Men s Health

HIV severely affects gay and bisexual men—more than any other group in the United States. Gay and bisexual men make up about 2% of the overall population, but account for approximately two-thirds of all new HIV infections each year. Data included in CDC’s 2013 National HIV Prevention Progress Report show that there was a 12% increase in new infections among gay and bisexual men overall between 2008 and 2010, and a 22% increase among young gay and bisexual men aged 13-24. Gay and bisexual men also account for over half of the 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States. A 2011 study in 20 U.S. cities found that 18% of gay or bisexual men had HIV. That’s about 1 in 6 men. Of these men, 33% did not know they had HIV. Those who are unaware that they have HIV may infect others without knowing it. Also, those who do not know they are HIV-positive are not able to get HIV treatment that can protect their health and reduce the chance of transmitting HIV to their partners.

I'm kinda surprised the government still gives us the truth about gay sex.

Then again, no one seems to know anything about it, do they.

Last edited:
Why do you think that gay people should not join the military or get married?
I used to be harshly anti-homo. I was also pro-war and very christian. At the time I viewed gays as dysfunctional perverts, akin to a malignant growth like a tumor that must be excised. The hatred kind of melded with a general disdain for women and passivity.
What is about you?
I have nothing against gays.

I do have a bitch with in your face anybody.

As for 'gay marriage" time for government to get totally out of marriage and issue civil contracts to any and all consenting adults in any combination of race, creed, color, gender or previous condition of servitude.

Calling a cat a dog does not make a cat a dog.

As for 'gay marriage" time for government to get totally out of marriage and issue civil contracts to any and all consenting adults in any combination of race, creed, color, gender or previous condition of servitude.
Try living in the real world, for a change. And get over the word hang-up.

So, it's not a problem for gays to have the right to get married or serve in the military - it's only a problem when they ask for those rights?
Is that what I evenly remotely alluded to?

No. :slap:

Then perhaps I missed your point. What is it that you have a "big problem" with?
Denying individuals and businesses their personal expressions and practices based upon morals, mores, traditions, history, and yes- religion.

And where did that avatar guy with the pipe go to?

That's not what you said in your first post - in that post, you seemed to be pissed at gays marching in the streets asking for their rights.

And the "guy with the pipe" has been dead for a while now.

Just thought it was time to mix up the philosophers.
Really because that is exactly what I got from his post.
You are over focusing on single words without catching the overall meaning - purposefully IMHO.

Single words? No, not quite. Maybe "the first 2/3s of his post".

Let me provide a visual aid for you.

Join the military? Sure.
Get married? No problem.

March in the streets and shout "LET ME JOIN THE MILITARY AND GET MARRIED AND IF YOU DISAGREE BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL MORAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS THEN YOU ARE ANTI-GAY AND A BIGOT
AND I'LL SUE YOU FOR NOT BAKING ME A QUEER CAKE"....

...big problem.

Looking at gay men in the US, over half of STD and AIDS cases come from gay males even though they account for less than 5% of the population.
source?
CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Gay and Bisexual Men s Health

HIV severely affects gay and bisexual men—more than any other group in the United States. Gay and bisexual men make up about 2% of the overall population, but account for approximately two-thirds of all new HIV infections each year. Data included in CDC’s 2013 National HIV Prevention Progress Report show that there was a 12% increase in new infections among gay and bisexual men overall between 2008 and 2010, and a 22% increase among young gay and bisexual men aged 13-24. Gay and bisexual men also account for over half of the 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States. A 2011 study in 20 U.S. cities found that 18% of gay or bisexual men had HIV. That’s about 1 in 6 men. Of these men, 33% did not know they had HIV. Those who are unaware that they have HIV may infect others without knowing it. Also, those who do not know they are HIV-positive are not able to get HIV treatment that can protect their health and reduce the chance of transmitting HIV to their partners.
Very interesting. THank you for the cite.

Try living in the real world, for a change. And get over the word hang-up.
2553f738a82581848d41a825c7427a92.jpg

Join the military? Sure.
Get married? No problem.

March in the streets and shout "LET ME JOIN THE MILITARY AND GET MARRIED AND IF YOU DISAGREE BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL MORAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS THEN YOU ARE ANTI-GAY AND A BIGOT AND I'LL SUE YOU FOR NOT BAKING ME A QUEER CAKE"....

...big problem.

So, it's not a problem for gays to have the right to get married or serve in the military - it's only a problem when they ask for those rights?
Not a problem to ask for equal treatment under the law.
Big problem when they demand acceptance, special treatment...
And use disgusting and illegal tactics to silence, impugn and destroy the lives of those who dare to disagree with their lifestyle or their militant behavior.
Here it is....
"We are gay( activists). That means we can discriminate against you. Don't you dare do or say anything that we deem offensive or objectionable. We are special. We will destroy you."...
Don't even try it. Do not deny.....

I used to be harshly anti-homo. I was also pro-war and very christian. At the time I viewed gays as dysfunctional perverts, akin to a malignant growth like a tumor that must be excised. The hatred kind of melded with a general disdain for women and passivity.
What is about you?

Just because you oppose someone for something does not mean you hate them, so stop with the hysteria.

As for myself, being gay is obviously dysfunctional. Biology dictates that having sex is for reproduction, so it stands to reason that they are dysfunctional for this very reason.

It makes outlawing biggie sodas because they are "bad" for you kinda silly, doesn't it?

The reasons for this are obvious. Men have higher sexual drives, so put two men together, without any concern for reproduction, and what you wind up with are hypersexual relationships where monogamy is next to impossible.

As for marriage, the state should not even be involved in marriage. Why is monogamous sex championed over asexual people or even people who like to have sex with more than one person?

It's just crazy is all.
This is a perfect example of the ignorance and stupidity common to most on the right.

Join the military? Sure.
Get married? No problem.

March in the streets and shout "LET ME JOIN THE MILITARY AND GET MARRIED AND IF YOU DISAGREE BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL MORAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS THEN YOU ARE ANTI-GAY AND A BIGOT AND I'LL SUE YOU FOR NOT BAKING ME A QUEER CAKE"....

...big problem.

No...But the good doctor is at it again.....Displaying his radical left wing agenda...

Join the military? Sure.
Get married? No problem.

...big problem.

No...But the good doctor is at it again.....Displaying his radical left wing agenda...
He is an affable chap, one of the few with whom I am particularly enamored.

What is about you?
I have nothing against gays.

I do have a bitch with in your face anybody.

Calling a cat a dog does not make a cat a dog.
Obviously you don't know how ignorant and ridiculous this is, and that you're just as ignorant and ridiculous.

Join the military? Sure.
Get married? No problem.

...big problem.

Then perhaps I missed your point. What is it that you have a "big problem" with?
Denying individuals and businesses their personal expressions and practices based upon morals, mores, traditions, history, and yes- religion.

That's not what you said in your first post - in that post, you seemed to be pissed at gays marching in the streets asking for their rights.

Uhh. Genius....If you knew the answer to your question before you asked the OP, why did you ask it anyway?
Had a 'gotcha' moment?....
Gay people can ask for all the rights to which any citizen is entitled. What they don't have is the right to use those rights to harm others who disagree with their lifestyle.

Here's another philosopher with a pipe.

Happy now?
A pipe avatar does not indicate an intellectual, it just indicates an asshole with a pipe avatar.

Nor does an axe-murdering hitchhiker avatar indicate an axe-murdering hitchhiker.

Are you perchance taking the internet too seriously?

Who is the internet moderator, dude?

Who is the Internet Moderator?

Uhh. Genius....If you knew the answer to your question before you asked the OP, why did you ask it anyway?
Had a 'gotcha' moment?....
Gay people can ask for all the rights to which any citizen is entitled. What they don't have is the right to use those rights to harm others who disagree with their lifestyle.

Honestly, I can't decipher this.

What "question" do you think I already had the "answer" to?

I asked for a clarification, and I got one. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Forum List

Back