Anti-government, Red State Oklahoma begging for Big Government Disaster Relief

All should remember that there are poor souls in the areas affected by both Sandy and OKC, waking up this morning and not seeing their child, husband, wife, mother, father....

I can't understand interjecting petty politics at these times.

Sorry, that's just how I feel.

Feel free to flame me for that, the pain I will feel wont come remotely close to the pain ravaging those families.

FYI: I think they should get all the Big Government HELP they need to rebuild. I don't care if they made a bad decision to build a community in a tornado zone. When bad shit happens, the government should help. Why? Because they are in the best position to do so.

We are our bother's keepers. And this nation should bear the burden of those who freely choose to live in hurricane and tornado zones.

I personally support the my conservative Oklahoma brothers and sisters in their plea for BIG GOVERNMENT HELP.

Do people in Oklahoma pay taxes ? You are as big a retard as the secessionist idiots.

Picked, how, exactly?

Like paying federal taxes only to have them doled out to pay for studies as to why lesbians are alcoholics, fat and ugly?

The state of Oklahoma gets back $1.32 for every $1 it pays in. Try again.

Damn then it's no wonder we have a 16 trillion yes, 16 trillion dollar deficit. Paying out more than you take in AND paying for the study of alcoholic, fat and ugly lesbians.

Should Red States that hate the federal government be allowed to take Big Government Aid, or should the citizens of Oklahoma be held accountable for their decision to live in a tornado zone?

Ayn Rand cashed her Social Security checks as she railed against Big Government and Social Security.

When is this shit going to end?

Why can't Conservatives and Red States just appreciate the help they get from Big Government? That's all I ask.

Do you know how much money Red States have accepted form Big Government for disaster relief?

Do you know how much medicare aid conservative seniors have accepted from Big Government.

Do you know how Big Government infrastructure investments help both citizens and corporations?

Do you know how many Big Government subsidies have been accepted by private sector capitalists?

What about Patent Protection that capitalists beg for and receive from Big Government? Does Glenn Beck teach you any of this?

Do you know how much military protection the private sector receives from big government so that their overseas supply chains and trade routes are protected?

Until you understand the amount of BIG GOVERNMENT aid Conservatives, Red States, and Corporations have accepted (and lobbied for), you should be careful with banal cliches against Big Government.

The American people are resilient. And they always come to each others aid. But there is a role for Big Government in helping people, as is evidenced by all the aid conservatives and Red States take. Until you fully understand that aid, you are part of the problem.

Each state should provide their own disaster relief and stop sending their money to washington to piss away.

Should Red States that hate the federal government be allowed to take Big Government Aid, or should the citizens of Oklahoma be held accountable for their decision to live in a tornado zone?

Ayn Rand cashed her Social Security checks as she railed against Big Government and Social Security.

When is this shit going to end?

Why can't Conservatives and Red States just appreciate the help they get from Big Government? That's all I ask.

Do you know how much money Red States have accepted form Big Government for disaster relief?

Do you know how much medicare aid conservative seniors have accepted from Big Government.

Do you know how Big Government infrastructure investments help both citizens and corporations?

Do you know how many Big Government subsidies have been accepted by private sector capitalists?

What about Patent Protection that capitalists beg for and receive from Big Government? Does Glenn Beck teach you any of this?

Do you know how much military protection the private sector receives from big government so that their overseas supply chains and trade routes are protected?

Until you understand the amount of BIG GOVERNMENT aid Conservatives, Red States, and Corporations have accepted (and lobbied for), you should be careful with banal cliches against Big Government.

The American people are resilient. And they always come to each others aid. But there is a role for Big Government in helping people, as is evidenced by all the aid conservatives and Red States take. Until you fully understand that aid, you are part of the problem.

Each state should provide their own disaster relief and stop sending their money to washington to piss away.
States can't run deficits like the federal government. Their only option would be a rainy day fund large enough to cover any disaster which is not practical. For example the cost of Katrina in Louisiana was in excess of 120 billion, about 5 times the yearly state budget. How would a state like California set aside funds to cover the largest earthquake scientist belief might occur. The disaster relief could run in the trillions.

One of the strongest justification for existence of a nation is to handle problems that no one state could manage on their own. If states did not have the federal government to fall back on, then they would have to eliminate balance budget provisions from their laws or constitution which in my opinion would a terrible idea.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back