🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anti gunners prefer dead children to gun safety programs...ask gabby gifford's husband...

I think you can offer better opportunities to people to avoid them becoming criminals. I think countries with less inequality have lower crime rates. This is why other countries have lower crime rates and fewer in jail.

Government doesn't exist to provide or create opportunities for people. It exists to enforce the law and keep people from being improperly denied opportunities. Nothing more. I'm not a big fan of "equality" either. At least not as it is defined in this country.

Government should create an equal playing field for for everyone. I think we are far from having that now.

Why do you think some other countries have less policing and fewer in jail and less crime?

Cultural. Government couldn't create an equal playing field, even if it tired, and everyone agreed to it. Not possible. Ridiculous to even try.

Well no couldn't create equal, but everyone needs opportunities. Cultural doesn't really say much. Culturally we are pretty similar to Europe. Can you be more specific?

As I have said, the anti gunners fight gun safety programs in schools......why would they do that? Well...if you teach children to leave a room that has an unattended gun in it and find an adult to deal with it...you would have fewer children killed in gun accidents.....

And there is the rub......dead kids because of guns are one of the best tools the anti gunners have for pushing more gun control...one less dead kid is on less opportunity to change a persons mind against guns......

Ask Gabby Gifford's husband when he acknowledged the good that the NRA's Eddie Eagle program does to keep kids safe.......

Huffington Post Goes Apoplectic After Mark Kelly Praises NRA Gun Safety Program - Breitbart

On April 14 gun control proponent Mark Kelly tweeted his support for the NRA’s efforts to teach gun safety to kids, causing the Huffington Post to come unglued.

Kelly specifically praised Eddie Eagle, the NRA gun safety program for kids.

Kelly’s tweet said: “I don’t agree w/ the NRA on some big issues, but they deserve a lot of credit for teaching kids about gun safety [via] Eddie Eagle.”

The Huffington Post’s response?

Mark, you may believe that the Eddie Eagle program is a serious and successful effort to spread the word about gun safety, but it’s actually the NRA’s poster child for making everyone believe that the organization represents a positive force in the debate about guns.

There is no dealing with these people.....they are irrational and hate guns so much, they would prefer to keep children uneducated in the ways of staying safe....than have the most successful gun safey education implemented......they are the one's who do not care about dead children....
Some of us realize that introducing a gun to our homes brings great responsibility. We do not want a gun in every home. We do not want to perpetuate the gun culture in our families. Not everyone sees a gun as a penis extension or a gizmo to make us feel grander or safer. To the contrary, we see guns as the hazardous equipment they truly are. Not everyone has had pleasant experiences with guns. Why force the gun culture onto our children when we clearly do not want anything to do with it?

No one is forcing anything. If you want your children to be helpless, and die like sheep... go for it. Some of us don't. Only an brainless fool, thinks we want people armed, because its a penis extension. That's the argument of a dinosaur intellect.
Why are guns portrayed as necessary for self defense, as merely tools, as benign inatimate objects? All in the cause of deepening the deadly culture of guns and gun use.

As I have said, the anti gunners fight gun safety programs in schools......why would they do that? Well...if you teach children to leave a room that has an unattended gun in it and find an adult to deal with it...you would have fewer children killed in gun accidents.....

And there is the rub......dead kids because of guns are one of the best tools the anti gunners have for pushing more gun control...one less dead kid is on less opportunity to change a persons mind against guns......

Ask Gabby Gifford's husband when he acknowledged the good that the NRA's Eddie Eagle program does to keep kids safe.......

Huffington Post Goes Apoplectic After Mark Kelly Praises NRA Gun Safety Program - Breitbart

On April 14 gun control proponent Mark Kelly tweeted his support for the NRA’s efforts to teach gun safety to kids, causing the Huffington Post to come unglued.

Kelly’s tweet said: “I don’t agree w/ the NRA on some big issues, but they deserve a lot of credit for teaching kids about gun safety [via] Eddie Eagle.”

Mark, you may believe that the Eddie Eagle program is a serious and successful effort to spread the word about gun safety, but it’s actually the NRA’s poster child for making everyone believe that the organization represents a positive force in the debate about guns.

There is no dealing with these people.....they are irrational and hate guns so much, they would prefer to keep children uneducated in the ways of staying safe....than have the most successful gun safey education implemented......they are the one's who do not care about dead children....
Some of us realize that introducing a gun to our homes brings great responsibility. We do not want a gun in every home. We do not want to perpetuate the gun culture in our families. Not everyone sees a gun as a penis extension or a gizmo to make us feel grander or safer. To the contrary, we see guns as the hazardous equipment they truly are. Not everyone has had pleasant experiences with guns. Why force the gun culture onto our children when we clearly do not want anything to do with it?

No one is forcing anything. If you want your children to be helpless, and die like sheep... go for it. Some of us don't. Only an brainless fool, thinks we want people armed, because its a penis extension. That's the argument of a dinosaur intellect.
Why are guns portrayed as necessary for self defense, as merely tools, as benign inatimate objects? All in the cause of deepening the deadly culture of guns and gun use.

Based on what you just said, you are implying that guns are not inanimate objects? So your guns have popped up with a will of their own, and killed a bunch of people? Then I agree, you should be disarmed.

Why don't we just teach children that guns are a scourge on our country?

We should start by teaching all children about Sandy Hook. Once a year on the anniversary of Sandy Hook, shut down school and explain to children about how many six year olds died there and how the evil NRA blocked anything from being done about it

I think you can offer better opportunities to people to avoid them becoming criminals. I think countries with less inequality have lower crime rates. This is why other countries have lower crime rates and fewer in jail.

Government doesn't exist to provide or create opportunities for people. It exists to enforce the law and keep people from being improperly denied opportunities. Nothing more. I'm not a big fan of "equality" either. At least not as it is defined in this country.

Government should create an equal playing field for for everyone. I think we are far from having that now.

Why do you think some other countries have less policing and fewer in jail and less crime?

Cultural. Government couldn't create an equal playing field, even if it tired, and everyone agreed to it. Not possible. Ridiculous to even try.

Well no couldn't create equal, but everyone needs opportunities. Cultural doesn't really say much. Culturally we are pretty similar to Europe. Can you be more specific?

No, we're not culturally similar. Violence, or lack thereof, is a part of culture. Respect for authority, and lack thereof, is part of culture. Just watch some videos from the UK, and see how people treat their police officers there. Completely different.

Everyone has opportunity. If a non-citizen can make a million dollar company here, then clearly there is opportunity.

If a drunk, can whittle duck callers, and end up with his own cable TV show... there is opportunity.

We should start by teaching all children about Sandy Hook. Once a year on the anniversary of Sandy Hook, shut down school and explain to children about how many six year olds died there and how the evil NRA blocked anything from being done about it

Because it doesn't work? Because we've tried that, and it failed? Because the NRA defended those children's rights to actually defend themselves when they are older, and not be helpless animals like you wanted?

No, we're not culturally similar. Violence, or lack thereof, is a part of culture. Respect for authority, and lack thereof, is part of culture. Just watch some videos from the UK, and see how people treat their police officers there. Completely different.

Everyone has opportunity. If a non-citizen can make a million dollar company here, then clearly there is opportunity.

If a drunk, can whittle duck callers, and end up with his own cable TV show... there is opportunity.

I think their governments have created the environment that leads to lower crime.

I think their governments have created the environment that leads to lower crime.

No. Our standard of living in the US, is one of the highest in the whole world.

I've been to Europe. Compared to the US, it's terrible. Now it's better than third world countries, sure. But life here is better in every measurable way. Our standard of living, is much better.

If you can't be content with life in the US, then you are just a spoiled brat. That's all there is to it.

You would think they would apply the same logic to gun safety that they do to sex ed. The more kids learn about sex and the younger they are when they learn it, the better, isn't that correct? If we can teach an 8 year old to put a condom on a banana, why not teach him/her how to unload and render harmless a weapon? At least teach him which end to avoid.

I've been to Europe. Compared to the US, it's terrible. Now it's better than third world countries, sure. But life here is better in every measurable way. Our standard of living, is much better.

If you can't be content with life in the US, then you are just a spoiled brat. That's all there is to it.

Why is it we never rank well in happiness?
Get happy in the world s happiest countries - CNN.com

What is wrong with our culture that we have so many criminals compared to Europe?

Why is it we never rank well in happiness?
Get happy in the world s happiest countries - CNN.com

What is wrong with our culture that we have so many criminals compared to Europe?

It's culture. Just said that. For one thing, we keep telling people that life is unfair.

People like you say "the system isn't fair, and government should create opportunity".

Well the moment you tell people the deck is stacked against them, you in effect give people the impression they deserve better. Crime is the result.

Because it doesn't work? Because we've tried that, and it failed? Because the NRA defended those children's rights to actually defend themselves when they are older, and not be helpless animals like you wanted?

NRA drone....whatever is proposed claim "Won't work, won't work, won't work"

Even though it DOES WORK in most of the world

[/QUOTE]Some of us realize that introducing a gun to our homes brings great responsibility. We do not want a gun in every home. We do not want to perpetuate the gun culture in our families. Not everyone sees a gun as a penis extension or a gizmo to make us feel grander or safer. To the contrary, we see guns as the hazardous equipment they truly are. Not everyone has had pleasant experiences with guns. Why force the gun culture onto our children when we clearly do not want anything to do with it?[/QUOTE]

I was once a gun owner and considered myself a very responsible one. You can educate children and reeducate them how or whatever you want but kids are kids accident happened. Even a responsible adult gun owners like me accident happened.
About summer of 2012 I was about to clean my gun after a target practice here in Key B. For some reason I don't know how I managed to pressed the trigger. Gun went off luckily I missed my left foot by a yard. Police came and it was a heck of explanation. After that accident I get rid of my guns.
In southern Ca where home invasion is rampant. As far as I know from local newspapers or tv none of these gun owners were not able to pull their gun to protect themselves.
More guns doesn't mean less crime. As an example part of Chicago or Compton, Ca where there's so much guns with so many shootings.

Last edited:

And of course you are a lying moron...the NRA supported the background checks you morons wanted....and which the shooter avoided by killing the person who passed the background checks and too their weapons.....and the NRA supports locking up anyone who commits a crime with a gun...and arresting felons caught in possession of a gun...

So you are a lying asshole.....the NRA actually teaches children how to be safe if they encounter a gun....your asshole anti gun buddies fight to keep that from happening,

Hence, the assholes you support actually want the dead children, not the NRA......

This is why there can be no rational dealings with you assholes...you lie, you distort and then you demonize innocent people.....

NRA drone....whatever is proposed claim "Won't work, won't work, won't work"

Even though it DOES WORK in most of the world

It doesn't work in most of the world......the terrorists in france got all the guns they wanted and grenades and a rocket propelled grenade launcher ...dittos the shooter in Belgium, Norway, Denmark and Sweden as well as the gun criminals in Britain and Australia.......

Background checks, gun registration and magazine limits do not work.......ever......here or overseas.....

Because they are the best and most effective means of self defense ever created....they allow a weaker, smaller person, or a person who is injured or physically handicapped to defend themselves and defeat a stronger, younger ,more aggressive or more numerous attacker/attackers...and succeed in that defense............

Guns are not designed to kill....they are designed to save the life of the person using them....

No... it does not.
Anyone else can see this.

Murder, violent crime, rape, robbery.... All up.

Look if you are just going to lie about what the numbers say... fine. But don't think you are fooling anyone who can use their eye balls and read.

2011 - 14,268 violent crimes
2013- 15,570 violent crimes
That is going up.

Crime index was 2,700. In 2013 it was 2,459.

That's a large drop. Conceal and carry, affects all crime.

Violent crime, murder, rape and robbery are all up. Those are the worst crimes.

Link...since gun murder is down and going down.....as per FBI table 8.......

Last I checked, it went down. I just checked.

Link

Where's your link? Why is it you people post everything as fact, and think we have to accept it as divine truth.

Hypocrite.
Wisconsin Crime Rates1960 - 2013

That shows it up compared to pre concealed carry....

No... it does not.
Anyone else can see this.

Murder, violent crime, rape, robbery.... All up.

Gun murder is down....

FBI Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

2008...gun murder......9,528
2013...gun murder......8,454

Meanwhile, in Detroit:

"“Criminals are getting the message that good Detroiters are armed and will use that weapon,” said Craig, who has repeatedly said he believes armed citizens deter crime. “I don’t want to take away from the good work our investigators are doing, but I think part of the drop in crime, and robberies in particular, is because criminals are thinking twice that citizens could be armed."

Detroit police chief There s no question that armed citizens are helping to reduce crime in our city Hot Air

Last I checked crime went up when wisconsin got comcealed carry. Guns don't effect crime.

Last I checked, it went down. I just checked.

Link

Where's your link? Why is it you people post everything as fact, and think we have to accept it as divine truth.

Hypocrite.
Wisconsin Crime Rates1960 - 2013

That shows it up compared to pre concealed carry....

gun murders are going down as per the FBI stats from the FBI table 8...

Because they are the best and most effective means of self defense ever created....they allow a weaker, smaller person, or a person who is injured or physically handicapped to defend themselves and defeat a stronger, younger ,more aggressive or more numerous attacker/attackers...and succeed in that defense............

Guns are not designed to kill....they are designed to save the life of the person using them....
Life preservers, seat belts, air bags, parachutes. These items are designed to save lives. Guns are designed as hazardous implements that propel lead at astonishing speed. And they are all designed to kill.

Forum List

Back