Anti-homeschooling bill defeated in California

At least in homeschool you can learn why Trump is really telling the truth and that evolution is a myth
Or the opposite. That's the thing. Homeschooling means parents can teach their kids what they believe. Even if you disagree. Even if it pisses you off.

Exactly. Maybe the homeschooled kids are getting a better education because the parents aren't restricted to a curriculum that teaches only one point of view on everything? Thus on average homeschooled kids are being exposed to all areas of theory and thought about things and thus are much better at critical thinking and figuring things out?

I am quite aware that there is some homeschooling curriculum that is great, really parent friendly, but is seriously lacking in some scientific information including dismissing evolution as valid. No way I would recommend that as the only curriculum for homeschooling. I think to dismiss evolution altogether is not sound scientific teaching.

But I do know a lot of parents who are homeschooling--some are friends/family and some in conjunction with a huge AWANA group at our church and elsewhere across the city--and I don't know ANY of them who isn't teaching the principles and concepts of evolution, some alongside theories of Creationism and/or intelligent design.

And the homeschooled kids seem to be doing just fine in science as well as other core subjects.

Science is not a point of view.

Like you would teach your kids the truth about other religions. Funny chit.

If you don't believe it, you ain't treaching it to claim you are is just you being dishonest.

At least in homeschool you can learn why Trump is really telling the truth and that evolution is a myth
Or the opposite. That's the thing. Homeschooling means parents can teach their kids what they believe. Even if you disagree. Even if it pisses you off.
So, when your kids go to school, you never see them again until they graduate.

You can teach them your bs around the dinner table or afterwards.

You act as though you have no influence & that is just plain stupid.

Exactly. Maybe the homeschooled kids are getting a better education because the parents aren't restricted to a curriculum that teaches only one point of view on everything? Thus on average homeschooled kids are being exposed to all areas of theory and thought about things and thus are much better at critical thinking and figuring things out?

I am quite aware that there is some homeschooling curriculum that is great, really parent friendly, but is seriously lacking in some scientific information including dismissing evolution as valid. No way I would recommend that as the only curriculum for homeschooling. I think to dismiss evolution altogether is not sound scientific teaching.

But I do know a lot of parents who are homeschooling--some are friends/family and some in conjunction with a huge AWANA group at our church and elsewhere across the city--and I don't know ANY of them who isn't teaching the principles and concepts of evolution, some alongside theories of Creationism and/or intelligent design.

And the homeschooled kids seem to be doing just fine in science as well as other core subjects.

If you don't believe it, you ain't treaching it to claim you are is just you being dishonest.

Of course science has a point of view, most especially in areas dealing with theory instead of testable things like the makeup of soil, water, air, rock, or any combinations of those things that we can actually test. Science is still debating the reliability or plausibility of the so-called 'big bang theory' and there are more unanswered questions re evolution than what it can provide answers for. What actually exists out in space beyond what we can see and explore is still purely a matter of speculation as we can only make informed guesses.

And what I would teach anybody is quite beyond your ability to know or even speculate on. To assume that you know what I think, what I believe, what I hope for, what I would teach re anything that I have not revealed is arrogance beyond the pale and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Homeschooling is a great option if you want to keep your kids away from negroes and Hispanics, don’t want them associating with Jews or Muslims and God forbid .......an openly gay kid

It is also a good option if you are too lazy to get up and get your kids off to school. TV and video games are just as good as what they teach in regular school

This attitude is why you lost.

Homeschooling is a great option if you want to keep your kids away from negroes and Hispanics, don’t want them associating with Jews or Muslims and God forbid .......an openly gay kid

It is also a good option if you are too lazy to get up and get your kids off to school. TV and video games are just as good as what they teach in regular school

His wallet?

Of course science has a point of view, most especially in areas dealing with theory instead of testable things like the makeup of soil, water, air, rock, or any combinations of those things that we can actually test. Science is still debating the reliability or plausibility of the so-called 'big bang theory' and there are more unanswered questions re evolution than what it can provide answers for. What actually exists out in space beyond what we can see and explore is still purely a matter of speculation as we can only make informed guesses.

And what I would teach anybody is quite beyond your ability to know or even speculate on. To assume that you know what I think, what I believe, what I hope for, what I would teach re anything that I have not revealed is arrogance beyond the pale and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Is this the part where you tell us evolution is a scam?

We lost because of low information voters who voted for Trump

Home Schooling contributes to low information voters

It certainly is a factor. Telling people over and over and over and over how racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, sexist, low information, etc. etc. etc. they are is not much incentive to vote with or for those who characterize them that way.

Is this the part where you tell us evolution is a scam?

No, it's the part where I tell anybody who would characterize me that way how utterly clueless and low information they are.

There it is, that prissy, pretentious attitude that liberals want to believe equates to 'sophistication,' but that only earns them well-deserved disdain from normal Americans.

There it is, that prissy, pretentious attitude that liberals want to believe equates to 'sophistication,' but that only earns them well-deserved disdain from normal Americans.
Wrong

Shhh...don't let rw know he is not really 'Ed Norton, Sewage Engineer'. It is part of his fantasy.

He had his DNA checked, hoping he was related to Cherokee Liz, but they found out he was a blue blood decendant of New England aristocracy.

maybe if political indoctrination was removed from schools people would be more OK with sending their kids there.

Science is not political information.

You buttheads run & circles screaming about the "liberal teachers" yet are too GD stupid to realize Republicans probably control more school districts.

It isn't about science and you know it.

Sure it is. You want to teach how cavemen rode around on dinosaurs. You reject the science of global warming. You reject the science of evolution. You reject our history of slavery & abuse of the Native Americans.
First of all you should educate yourself you silly little fucker.
Teach your kids what you want to stay the fuck out of other peoples lives and Meddling little motherfucker.
global warming is a Ponzi scheme
The big bang did not produce anything... Because it didn’t fucking happen
The original slaveowners on this continent were Indians, they enslaved and tortured anybody they disagreed with. Learn some fucking history you mental midget
See, if you home schooled your kids, it would be child abuse to make them as fucking stupid as you.
Says a control freak...

So, we are only talking about you doing the homeschooling?

No.

What are your credentials? Whatg is your training in education?

Why do you want uneducated people teaching kids?

No.

It’s not your business, it’s the parents’

No.

I have already posted my personal experience in which my great nephew was home schooled from kindergarten through high school education by his mother who has only a high school. He is a bright kid but not of unusually high intelligence as were his two older brothers who were public schooled. He not only scored in the high 90 percentiles on his SAT--better than either of his brothers did--but he graduated magna cum laude from college in four years. (He had the credits and could have graduated in three but he extended it a bit to finish a second major.)

Most parents of home schooled kids have no teaching credentials but so long as the home schooling is structured--and the vast majority of it is--the kids are generally going to learn faster and more comprehensively than they will in the public schools. And they are out performing their peers in the public schools on standardized tests and are generally do better in college.

So the issue of 'uneducated people' teaching kids isn't really a valid argument is it.

Just keep your noses out of it government. Just more government over reach and privacy intrusion

SACRAMENTO
—They came by the hundreds, perhaps thousands, easily exceeding the capacity of the legislative committee hearing room and making their presence felt throughout the State Capitol. And at the end of a very long day, homeschooling families scored a major victory — defeat of a bill with serious privacy and safety implications.

For more than three hours, families and freedom advocates streamed in front of microphones to state their opposition to California State Assembly Bill 2756. Pacific Justice Institute was also represented and voiced its opposition. Large numbers of opponents made the trek from Southern California, the Bay Area, and every other part of the state. The opponents included a number of professionals, state-credentialed teachers, and self-described progressives and liberal Democrats.

Anti-homeschooling bill defeated in California
The school unions are going to be pissed off!

Forum List

Back