Anti-homeschooling bill defeated in California

Really? If you had your way everyone would be schooled in the collective… Fact
No...if you had bothered to read my posts in this thread, I've said over and over and over that you have the choice...we all have that choice. You are now making the choice to ignore my comments on this.
Do you think I would really trust you? Even in all 57 states and under sniper fire… LOL
So you choose not to believe me. Ok. That too is your choice. But it doesn't change the FACT that you can homeschool as you wish. So I ask again....what's the problem?
The FACT is we home school because we stand up to leftist totalitarianism. It's not because ya'll are allowing it. Once again, if you and your tribe had your way, home schooling would be banned.

Wow, you must have been home schooled by your parents.

There are likely more schools run by Republican majority school boards & in those areas, probably more Republican teachers

This "leftist" crap you are spewing just shows how fucking stupid you are/.
Yeah, and there's a moon orbiting Jupiter with giant blue people. Yup.

The links are in the article, if you are too lazy to do it yourself, you aren't worth the effort.

So, you are believing rthe crap spewed by a right wing web site as an argument about bias.

Really, Marty.

Unlike progs, I take into account the bias of ALL articles, not just the ones I disagree with.

Only Progs like you treat your biased material as gospel while dismissing any other source out of hand.

Right, Marty. Yep. Sure.

Nice non-response, fucktard.

Post a right wing site as a retort about bias.

You can't get dumber than that, Marty. Where is all this liberal bias in school?

No one is trying to twist education more than your conservative ilk. No one.

Right wing site, but with references, read more you tired hack.

Trumpanzees..."WE DESERVE THE RIGHT TO HOMESCHOOL OUR OWN KIDS!"
the rest of us..."You can homeschool your kids."
the rest of us..."Hello? Did you hear me? You have that right."
Trumapanzees..."WE DESERVE THE RIGHT TO HOMESCHOOL OUR OWN KIDS!"
the rest of us.../facepalm
If your tribe had their way we wouldn't be allowed to home school our children. You're never going to admit that glaring fact. That's why y'all bad mouth home schooling and keep trying to stop it. Your disingenuousness is so obvious.

This has always been the danger of public education - that interest groups will use it to indoctrinate.

the rest of us..."You can homeschool your kids."
the rest of us..."Hello? Did you hear me? You have that right."
Trumapanzees..."WE DESERVE THE RIGHT TO HOMESCHOOL OUR OWN KIDS!"
the rest of us.../facepalm
If your tribe had their way we wouldn't be allowed to home school our children. You're never going to admit that glaring fact. That's why y'all bad mouth home schooling and keep trying to stop it. Your disingenuousness is so obvious.

This has always been the danger of public education - that interest groups will use it to indoctrinate.

And that is precisely why formal education should always be via social contract and the government should have little or no say in it.

Or the opposite. That's the thing. Homeschooling means parents can teach their kids what they believe. Even if you disagree. Even if it pisses you off.

Exactly. Maybe the homeschooled kids are getting a better education because the parents aren't restricted to a curriculum that teaches only one point of view on everything? Thus on average homeschooled kids are being exposed to all areas of theory and thought about things and thus are much better at critical thinking and figuring things out?

I am quite aware that there is some homeschooling curriculum that is great, really parent friendly, but is seriously lacking in some scientific information including dismissing evolution as valid. No way I would recommend that as the only curriculum for homeschooling. I think to dismiss evolution altogether is not sound scientific teaching.

But I do know a lot of parents who are homeschooling--some are friends/family and some in conjunction with a huge AWANA group at our church and elsewhere across the city--and I don't know ANY of them who isn't teaching the principles and concepts of evolution, some alongside theories of Creationism and/or intelligent design.

And the homeschooled kids seem to be doing just fine in science as well as other core subjects.

Science is not a point of view.

Like you would teach your kids the truth about other religions. Funny chit.

If you don't believe it, you ain't treaching it to claim you are is just you being dishonest.

Of course science has a point of view, most especially in areas dealing with theory instead of testable things like the makeup of soil, water, air, rock, or any combinations of those things that we can actually test. Science is still debating the reliability or plausibility of the so-called 'big bang theory' and there are more unanswered questions re evolution than what it can provide answers for. What actually exists out in space beyond what we can see and explore is still purely a matter of speculation as we can only make informed guesses.

And what I would teach anybody is quite beyond your ability to know or even speculate on. To assume that you know what I think, what I believe, what I hope for, what I would teach re anything that I have not revealed is arrogance beyond the pale and you should be ashamed of yourself.

So, we are only talking about you doing the homeschooling?

No.

What are your credentials? Whatg is your training in education?

Why do you want uneducated people teaching kids?

I have already posted my personal experience in which my great nephew was home schooled from kindergarten through high school education by his mother who has only a high school. He is a bright kid but not of unusually high intelligence as were his two older brothers who were public schooled. He not only scored in the high 90 percentiles on his SAT--better than either of his brothers did--but he graduated magna cum laude from college in four years. (He had the credits and could have graduated in three but he extended it a bit to finish a second major.)

Most parents of home schooled kids have no teaching credentials but so long as the home schooling is structured--and the vast majority of it is--the kids are generally going to learn faster and more comprehensively than they will in the public schools. And they are out performing their peers in the public schools on standardized tests and are generally do better in college.

So the issue of 'uneducated people' teaching kids isn't really a valid argument is it.

Yes, there is. Your anecdotal evidence is not supportive of what teachers see when home schooling fails,

Homeschooling is a great option if you want to keep your kids away from negroes and Hispanics, don’t want them associating with Jews or Muslims and God forbid .......an openly gay kid

It is also a good option if you are too lazy to get up and get your kids off to school. TV and video games are just as good as what they teach in regular school

This attitude is why you lost.
We lost because of low information voters who voted for Trump

Home Schooling contributes to low information voters

There it is, that prissy, pretentious attitude that liberals want to believe equates to 'sophistication,' but that only earns them well-deserved disdain from normal Americans.
Normal Americans
images
What country do you live in?

He/she/it is a resident of the People's Republic of California. That's why!

Intelligent people threaten the left's agenda. Home schooling is a big threat to the supporters of the government indoctrination centers and their unions.

I just thought I would let you know that your filter is clogged is on the output side.
Naw, it's working perfectly fine. I can tell because you keep trolling me.

Correcting your lies is not trolling. Maybe you should have studied harder in school. Of course I realize that clown school was your greatest accomplishment. Too bad you couldn't finish that GED!

Intelligent people threaten the left's agenda. Home schooling is a big threat to the supporters of the government indoctrination centers and their unions.

I just thought I would let you know that your filter is clogged is on the output side.

Correcting your lies is not trolling. Maybe you should have studied harder in school. Of course I realize that clown school was your greatest accomplishment. Too bad you couldn't finish that GED!
Ha ha, still trolling. Poor pitiful creature. You have a nice day.

Exactly. Maybe the homeschooled kids are getting a better education because the parents aren't restricted to a curriculum that teaches only one point of view on everything? Thus on average homeschooled kids are being exposed to all areas of theory and thought about things and thus are much better at critical thinking and figuring things out?

I am quite aware that there is some homeschooling curriculum that is great, really parent friendly, but is seriously lacking in some scientific information including dismissing evolution as valid. No way I would recommend that as the only curriculum for homeschooling. I think to dismiss evolution altogether is not sound scientific teaching.

But I do know a lot of parents who are homeschooling--some are friends/family and some in conjunction with a huge AWANA group at our church and elsewhere across the city--and I don't know ANY of them who isn't teaching the principles and concepts of evolution, some alongside theories of Creationism and/or intelligent design.

And the homeschooled kids seem to be doing just fine in science as well as other core subjects.

If you don't believe it, you ain't treaching it to claim you are is just you being dishonest.

Of course science has a point of view, most especially in areas dealing with theory instead of testable things like the makeup of soil, water, air, rock, or any combinations of those things that we can actually test. Science is still debating the reliability or plausibility of the so-called 'big bang theory' and there are more unanswered questions re evolution than what it can provide answers for. What actually exists out in space beyond what we can see and explore is still purely a matter of speculation as we can only make informed guesses.

And what I would teach anybody is quite beyond your ability to know or even speculate on. To assume that you know what I think, what I believe, what I hope for, what I would teach re anything that I have not revealed is arrogance beyond the pale and you should be ashamed of yourself.

No.

I have already posted my personal experience in which my great nephew was home schooled from kindergarten through high school education by his mother who has only a high school. He is a bright kid but not of unusually high intelligence as were his two older brothers who were public schooled. He not only scored in the high 90 percentiles on his SAT--better than either of his brothers did--but he graduated magna cum laude from college in four years. (He had the credits and could have graduated in three but he extended it a bit to finish a second major.)

Most parents of home schooled kids have no teaching credentials but so long as the home schooling is structured--and the vast majority of it is--the kids are generally going to learn faster and more comprehensively than they will in the public schools. And they are out performing their peers in the public schools on standardized tests and are generally do better in college.

So the issue of 'uneducated people' teaching kids isn't really a valid argument is it.

Yes, there is. Your anecdotal evidence is not supportive of what teachers see when home schooling fails,

Every child wont succeed in home schooling, most especially if the home schooling is not properly structured which the huge lion's share is, any more than every child will succeed in the public schools. That is why we note that over all (on average), home schooled kids score better on standardized tests, do better in college, succeed more than public schooled kids do these days.

That does not assume that a given public schooled kid will not test better, do better than a given home schooled kid on any or even all subjects. But overall, home schooling has proved to be quite successful and beneficial to kids.

The isolated anecdotal incident does not change that in any way.

Keep lying! It fits your low-life personality perfectly!

No.

Every child wont succeed in home schooling, most especially if the home schooling is not properly structured which the huge lion's share is, any more than every child will succeed in the public schools. That is why we note that over all (on average), home schooled kids score better on standardized tests, do better in college, succeed more than public schooled kids do these days.

That does not assume that a given public schooled kid will not test better, do better than a given home schooled kid on any or even all subjects. But overall, home schooling has proved to be quite successful and beneficial to kids.

For every success story I have heard, there are 4-5 disasters. There is no discernable data and that is the problem. Home-schoolers have very little oversight and thus turn out a high number of dropouts that no one every knows about. No accountability!

Ooooooh, poor pitiful baby. Do you need a warm bottle of milk?

No.

For every success story I have heard, there are 4-5 disasters. There is no discernable data and that is the problem. Home-schoolers have very little oversight and thus turn out a high number of dropouts that no one every knows about. No accountability!

I've done considerable research on this topic over the last 10 years or so and I have found very very few so-called 'disasters.' Overwhelmingly I have found home schooled kids to be critical thinkers, well mannered, very well socialized, intelligent, and for the most part, better able to explain or articulate complex matters more competently than do their public schooled peers.

And regardless of what credible research you look at, home schooled kids are performing at a level outpacing all other forms of education. Next are private school with parochial schools close behind. Public schools consistently come in at the bottom.

I guess it is impossible for you to stay on topic. You have failed to answer any questions or provide support for your positions. You lose!

Goodbye loser!

No.

I've done considerable research on this topic over the last 10 years or so and I have found very very few so-called 'disasters.' Overwhelmingly I have found home schooled kids to be critical thinkers, well mannered, very well socialized, intelligent, and for the most part, better able to explain or articulate complex matters more competently than do their public schooled peers.

And regardless of what credible research you look at, home schooled kids are performing at a level outpacing all other forms of education. Next are private school with parochial schools close behind. Public schools consistently come in at the bottom.

I see that you have an inability to recognize biased research because there is nothing that supports your conclusion. There simply is no unbiased metric to determine what you claim. Why, you ask? There are no common assessments to those three disparate communities with which to make an objective comparison.

If your home-schooled child is successful, great! If your private school child is successful, great! Just don't try to bullshit your way in claiming that either is superior to public schooling based on data that simply does not exist that stands up to statistical scrutiny.

That being said, they should be more successful because they do not have to undergo the legal restrictions placed on public schools.

I guess it is impossible for you to stay on topic. You have failed to answer any questions or provide support for your positions. You lose!

Goodbye loser!
Bu, bye. Why are you so angry?

Goodbye loser!
Bu, bye. Why are you so angry?

Not angry. I am laughing my ass off at your pathetic antics.

Bye!

Forum List

Back