Anti-Islam ads on NYC buses. Whose side are you on?

no thanks-----my insights into world history do not come from career "historians" or dissertations. ---of course I have looked at many of those "documents" just as I look at WIKKI and just as I read newspapers (another poor source of real information) ----I gain my information -----sideways--------thru windows. I mentioned historical fiction-----but far better are the short stories emanating from
"the natives" of the lands. For a glimpse of west Bengal----no one beats Satyajit Ray----or---very simply ---real natives of here and there and THEIR family legacies---and that with which they have been inculcated since infancy.------thru windows--------the variable moods that afflict the local small grocer, newspaper seller from
Yemen-----with family in SANAA -----tell me (actually hubby----I do not talk to the guy) more about the situation
over there than do the newspaper reports from AL JEZEERAH. For the record------I am not at all surprised over the recent announcement regarding the
LIBERATION OF MECCA-------I have been predicting it for years. Does Egger have anything to add?

Don't get me wrong, I find a lot of value in the short stories and cultural tales of different regions. I also enjoy travel logs and memoirs. It is a big part of my studies of African histories, but they can only provide so much and are best coupled with other works and more rigorous examinations of history. Sitting down and listening to Ashanti folk tales for example is useful, but it isn't going to make me well informed on the new railroad deal that Ghana is commencing, or allow me to speak authoritatively on their contemporary involvement with extractive resources transparency initiatives, or even allow me to explain the nuances associated with British colonial invasion. If you want to be viewed as an expert then you need to have a well rounded base and that is difficult to do if you shun academia.

you used some very good words. "NUANCES" is one of them------for "NUANCES" I do not depend on college dissertations or textbooks. A good phrase was ----'if you want to be viewed as an expert"-------nope---not me----I prefer a real understanding. ALSO----"academia"------yeah-----the last approach to insight

BRITISH COLONIAL INVASION---<<<< a good one------
I got that "WESTERN COLONIALISM" right from
'the horse's mouth'---------all of the problems
experienced by the muslims of south-east asia
are a result of "WESTERN COLONIALISM"
and ALL THINGS GOOD are of the
*)))))))))))GLORIOUS MOGHUL EMPIRE(((((*

see??-----I understand your armchair historian POV
without even reading the textbook

You apparently didn't understand anything that I said (which makes your post all the more ironic), the British colonial invasion was a reference to Ghana, in West Africa, not to any Islamic majority state or anyplace in the Middle East. I was referencing it relative to the subject of Ashanti folk tales.

SO? I referred to the other area of BRITISH COLONIAL
INVASION----since I know so many more people who
were AFFLICTED with it-----that which took place in South East Asia --------are you having a problem dealing with horror of that particular trauma upon the muslims of Ghana vs the muslims of South east asia? I, very specifically, referred to the nature of the MOGHUL EMPIRE as "NON COLONIAL" vs the WESTERN BRITISH COLONIAL POWER as "COLONIAL"
as a kind of pandering to your POV.
You seem to miss the NUANCES

You seem to be having a hard time keeping the conversation straight. Ghana isn't a Muslim country, nor were the Ashanti an Islamic empire. You also seem to be under the impression that I am somehow supportive of the Moghul Empire when what I actually called it was "brutal". You may want to try reading our conversation again.

Ghana has as significant a muslim population as did
india when the BRITISH COLONIAL POWERS invaded.
Interestingly enough-----I did learn about the HORRORS of
WESTERN COLONIALISM from muslims who were from
the INDIAN SUBCONTINENT-----ie India and Pakistan.
Indian muslims were even more indignant than were Pakistanis---------and MORE ENAMOURED of the GLORIOUS MOGHUL EMPIRE than were Pakistanis.
Hindus -----not really interested all that much in either.
I do not recall hearing the term "WESTERN COLONIALISM" from hindus------it seems to be a
MUSLIM OBSESSION. Speaking of brutality-----I did once comment what seemed to me the Brutality of SHAH JAHAN et al-----the legendary hero----in the presence of an Indian muslim----
the man got hysterical and shrieked "YOU WILL NEVER
KNOW THE BEAUTY OF ISLAAAAM" -----the infinite glory
of moghul rule ----the UTTER PARADISE

Don't get me wrong, I find a lot of value in the short stories and cultural tales of different regions. I also enjoy travel logs and memoirs. It is a big part of my studies of African histories, but they can only provide so much and are best coupled with other works and more rigorous examinations of history. Sitting down and listening to Ashanti folk tales for example is useful, but it isn't going to make me well informed on the new railroad deal that Ghana is commencing, or allow me to speak authoritatively on their contemporary involvement with extractive resources transparency initiatives, or even allow me to explain the nuances associated with British colonial invasion. If you want to be viewed as an expert then you need to have a well rounded base and that is difficult to do if you shun academia.

you used some very good words. "NUANCES" is one of them------for "NUANCES" I do not depend on college dissertations or textbooks. A good phrase was ----'if you want to be viewed as an expert"-------nope---not me----I prefer a real understanding. ALSO----"academia"------yeah-----the last approach to insight

You apparently didn't understand anything that I said (which makes your post all the more ironic), the British colonial invasion was a reference to Ghana, in West Africa, not to any Islamic majority state or anyplace in the Middle East. I was referencing it relative to the subject of Ashanti folk tales.

were AFFLICTED with it-----that which took place in South East Asia --------are you having a problem dealing with horror of that particular trauma upon the muslims of Ghana vs the muslims of South east asia? I, very specifically, referred to the nature of the MOGHUL EMPIRE as "NON COLONIAL" vs the WESTERN BRITISH COLONIAL POWER as "COLONIAL"

You seem to be having a hard time keeping the conversation straight. Ghana isn't a Muslim country, nor were the Ashanti an Islamic empire. You also seem to be under the impression that I am somehow supportive of the Moghul Empire when what I actually called it was "brutal". You may want to try reading our conversation again.

Indian muslims were even more indignant than were Pakistanis---------and MORE ENAMOURED of the GLORIOUS MOGHUL EMPIRE than were Pakistanis.
I do not recall hearing the term "WESTERN COLONIALISM" from hindus------it seems to be a
MUSLIM OBSESSION. Speaking of brutality-----I did once comment what seemed to me the Brutality of SHAH JAHAN et al-----the legendary hero----in the presence of an Indian muslim----

You're just rambling now.

very weak, Ossie You are now doing a DENIAL of the reality of the ISLAMIC PARTYLINE ---- THE DESTRUCTION OF THE GLORIOUS ISLAMIC EMPIRE
BY THE EVILS OF WESTERN COLONIALISM. The ayatoilets would be proud of you. Even big bad Baghdaddy would be proud of you----if he is still alive.
You ----the historian-----are not DENYING the ISLAMIC VERSION OF WORLD HISTORY------you are denying it's
obvious stupidity

very weak, Ossie You are now doing a DENIAL of the reality of the ISLAMIC PARTYLINE ---- THE DESTRUCTION OF THE GLORIOUS ISLAMIC EMPIRE
BY THE EVILS OF WESTERN COLONIALISM. The ayatoilets would be proud of you. Even big bad Baghdaddy would be proud of you----if he is still alive.
You ----the historian-----are not DENYING the ISLAMIC VERSION OF WORLD HISTORY------you are denying it's
obvious stupidity

Still rambling. Seriously you aren't even making any coherent sense. I'm actually starting to honestly feel bad because you're making me suspect that you may suffer from mild dementia.

obvious stupidity

Still rambling. Seriously you aren't even making any coherent sense. I'm actually starting to honestly feel bad because you're making me suspect that you may suffer from mild dementia.

your grammar is off------you should have written;
"I'm, actually, starting to, honestly, feel badly......"
It is obvious to me that you use words that you do not
understand. You used the word "dementia" and even
implied that you have some concept as to how to
detect that condition clinically. But you have no idea what
"dementia" is and certainly no idea as to how to make the
diagnosis. It is good of you to describe my dementia as
"mild". However, were you anything even close to a
diagnostician, you would know that I show no signs of
dementia. You seem to have a problem with the Islamic
claims regarding WESTERN COLONIALISM and its
devastating effect on the UMMAH.

1. the Mahdi - the Shiite Muslim's messiah, the 12th Imam. Muhammad al Mahdi. He was born around 868 A.D. at a time of large persecutions of Shiite Muslims. In order to protect him, his father, the 11th Imam, sent him into hiding. Mahdi appeared briefly in public as a child, but when his father died, he went back into the shadows. Even today, Shiites believe he continues to guide Muslims. Mahdi’s followers are often called "Twelvers". Some devout Shiite Muslims believe him to be a direct descendant of the prophet Mohammed.

The ex-president of Iran, Ahmadinejad, is a deeply committed Shiite Muslim, and has spoken often and openly about praying for the return the Mahdi, his savior. But not in a way Christians speak about Jesus Christ returning to earth. Ahmadinejad believes that the 12th Imam is coming soon, and that he is the chosen one. He even talks of a strange vision he had with a special light from heaven when talking about the Madhi at a speech at the UN. This is one of the things that makes Iran and its nuclear stuff so dangerous. Some folks in the intelligence community are concerned that Iran may launch a nucler attack against Israel so as to trigger events leading up to the appearance of the Mahdi. They Must Be Stopped by Brigitte Gabriel, ppg. 124-125.

Official Iranian radio has done a series of broadcasts on the "imminent" appearance of the Mahdi, who is promised to defeat al of Islam's enemies and impose world Islamic rule.

(They Must Be Stopped by Brigitte Gabriel, ppg. 124-125.)

Time to grade you on your five responses. I'll start with the first "question" concerning the Mahdi. I find this a good example of how your limited scale of research allows you to see a small part of a picture but prevents you from wider understanding. The Mahdi is indeed believed by 12er Shias to be the 12 Imam returned from greater occultation. The problem is that most Muslims don't view the Mahdi this way. Only 12er Shias do. Most Muslims (Sunnis) view the Mahdi not as the 12th Imam and the coming back of Muhammad al-Mahdi, but rather as a completely different figure all together who hasn't made themselves known yet / who hasn't come yet who will arrive and herald the end times. This is one of the problems with trying to understand a larger concept such as the Mahdi after only reading less than two pages on it from a book that doesn't focus on the topic. Also, if we care to look at history then there are other real life figures besides Muhammad al-Mahdi that should be taken note of; perhaps the most prominent of whom was the Al Mahdi of the Sudan who fought against the British with the help of his supporters who were known as the Al Ansar and who still make up a significant political block within modern Sudanese politics. Unfortunately, given the limited scope in which you framed the term and the fact that you weren't able to define it accurately for the majority of the world's Islamic population I can't give you full credit for your answer.

2. Al Ansar - biweely internet magazine of al Qaeda (They Must Be Stopped by Brigitte Gabriel, pg. 57). The name is also used by numerous mosques, madrasses, and companies owned by muslims.

Unfortunately here we also have some issues. 1.) The internet magazine you are referencing wasn't simply called Al Ansar it was called Al Ansar: For the Struggle Against the Crusader War. 2.) You talk about it in the present tense as if you think it is still being produced, when it is currently defunct and has been for some time. 3.) you didn't even provide the base meaning of Al Ansar which literally just means "helpers" a reference to the Median community after Muhammad made the Hijra. 4.) Even if you wanted to focus on a publication, you didn't even cite the most popular publication within the history of Jihadi literature to utilize the name Al Ansar. That distinction goes not to Al Qaeda, but to the GIA from Algeria which published Al Ansar as a weekly newsletter. It was actually headquartered for the most part in Europe (Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany). 5.) No mention of the other prominent groups named Al Ansar, from organizations like Ansar Al Sharia to the above mentioned followers of the Mahdi in Sudan. Unfortunately here I am likewise unable to give you full credit: especially since you didn't get the full name of the Al Qaeda internet magazine correct.

3. Sayyid Quth - disqualified (not in the Islamizatin Quiz)

We've already mentioned this as you failing to realize that he was indeed on your list and that you mispelled his name. When you did define him it was as some Brotherhood bloke who was killed for trying to assassinate Nasser. No mention of his seminal works such as Milestones or In the Shade of the Quran, nor any mention of the break he caused within the Brotherhood while in prison leading to the splinter terrorist organizations such as The Egyptian Islamic Jihad and al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya. Highly important groups related to other individuals on your list such as the blind sheikh (and to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing) and to the foundation of Al Qaeda. No context at all, so I'm afraid I can't give you full credit for him either.

4. Janjaweed - militia of Sudan Arab tribal groups, formed in 1988, armed by the Sudanese govt during the 1990s while operating in internal conflicts. (ie. fighting jihad on the non-Muslims in h ewest and south of Sudan). They have conducted brutal raids slaughtering and kidnapping non-Muslims. I'm not not too sure how this got into my Islamization Quiz, sinc eit has more to do with miitary warfare than Islamization, which is a subversive, usually non-violent process.

Yikes, another area where it would have benefited you to have read more than a paragraph or two about them before attempting to utilize them as a demonstration of your expertise in Islamic terror. You state that they were armed by Sudan and that's fine they were, but they were primarily initially armed by Gaddafi in Libya who flooded the Darfur region with automatic weapons in order to 1.) create a base of operations for rebel groups that he was supporting in neighboring Chad and 2.) To exert his own influence and control within Sudan through the support of his Islamic Legion which he had stationed there.

You also state that they were fighting "jihad" against non-Muslims, which is incorrect. They were most closely associated in our press with the genocide in Darfur and the targeting of the Fur people who are primarily Muslims themselves. In fact, the Darfur region has historically been controlled by petty sultanates. So I am afraid that you are completely mistaken as to the context of the fighting that they were engaged in.

Finally, you make no mention of what these militias are up to now, nor of the fact that their perceived primary early leader (Musa Hilal) is currently fighting against the Sudanese government, not for them: a fairly large oversight in a dramatic and important turn of events within Darfur.

Unfortunately I can't give you full credit here either, especially since you got the nature of the fighting so very wrong.

5. Dinka tribe - largest ethnic group in Sudan. Mostly black Christians. Millions of them have been executed. Tens of thousands enslaved, including Francis Bok, author of the book > Escape From Slavery. (Arab Muslims from more northern parts of Africa have raided and enslaved Black Africans from areas to their south for centuries. They were doing it long before any slave ships arrived in America. The word black in Arabic even also means "slave" - that's how deeply embedded slavery s in the Islamic world.

Alas, troubles here too. 1.) the Dinka aren't the largest ethnic group in Sudan. They primarily live in a different country: South Sudan. 2.) The Dinka aren't a tribe, so the term itself on your list is inappropriate, they are, as you stated an ethnic group which is composed of multiple different tribes. 3.) The Dinka aren't mostly Christian either, though of your many mistakes this is the most forgivable. Christian churches like to claim them as such in order to boost their numbers and they were also publicly depicted as such during the north south civil war so that our media could refer to the civil war to a war of the Islamic north vs. the Christian south. Unfortunately for your source, that isn't the way that religion works amongst the Dinka, or in South Sudan in general. One of the main impacts that Christian missionaries had on the Dinka was not the wholesale conversion of them to Christianity, but rather the introduction of monotheism to their religious practices. Once they adopted monotheism they were simply deemed Christians despite the fact that they largely don't follow christian practices outside of in urban areas such as Juba (so most do not). This was further muddled with an attempt by Gallup to do polling of South Sudanese religious beliefs in 2010. Unfortunately due to conflict they were only able to poll respondents in city centers like Juba which means that they were unable to get samples from the rural areas (so most of the population) and thus returned skewed belief data which indicated widespread Christian faith. Rather, they are largely still "animists" a catch-all phrase for indigenous religious beliefs who have merely converted to some aspects of monotheistic beliefs.

I can give you a pass for the religion thing since it is an issue of "controversy" but since you got the country of their home territory wrong I still can't give you full marks.
I haven't read one word of this. Like I said > My grade was 100%, and YOU'RE WELCOME for my allowing you to give me questions (a privilege no one else ever got)

1. the Mahdi - the Shiite Muslim's messiah, the 12th Imam. Muhammad al Mahdi. He was born around 868 A.D. at a time of large persecutions of Shiite Muslims. In order to protect him, his father, the 11th Imam, sent him into hiding. Mahdi appeared briefly in public as a child, but when his father died, he went back into the shadows. Even today, Shiites believe he continues to guide Muslims. Mahdi’s followers are often called "Twelvers". Some devout Shiite Muslims believe him to be a direct descendant of the prophet Mohammed.

The ex-president of Iran, Ahmadinejad, is a deeply committed Shiite Muslim, and has spoken often and openly about praying for the return the Mahdi, his savior. But not in a way Christians speak about Jesus Christ returning to earth. Ahmadinejad believes that the 12th Imam is coming soon, and that he is the chosen one. He even talks of a strange vision he had with a special light from heaven when talking about the Madhi at a speech at the UN. This is one of the things that makes Iran and its nuclear stuff so dangerous. Some folks in the intelligence community are concerned that Iran may launch a nucler attack against Israel so as to trigger events leading up to the appearance of the Mahdi. They Must Be Stopped by Brigitte Gabriel, ppg. 124-125.

Official Iranian radio has done a series of broadcasts on the "imminent" appearance of the Mahdi, who is promised to defeat al of Islam's enemies and impose world Islamic rule.

Time to grade you on your five responses. I'll start with the first "question" concerning the Mahdi. I find this a good example of how your limited scale of research allows you to see a small part of a picture but prevents you from wider understanding. The Mahdi is indeed believed by 12er Shias to be the 12 Imam returned from greater occultation. The problem is that most Muslims don't view the Mahdi this way. Only 12er Shias do. Most Muslims (Sunnis) view the Mahdi not as the 12th Imam and the coming back of Muhammad al-Mahdi, but rather as a completely different figure all together who hasn't made themselves known yet / who hasn't come yet who will arrive and herald the end times. This is one of the problems with trying to understand a larger concept such as the Mahdi after only reading less than two pages on it from a book that doesn't focus on the topic. Also, if we care to look at history then there are other real life figures besides Muhammad al-Mahdi that should be taken note of; perhaps the most prominent of whom was the Al Mahdi of the Sudan who fought against the British with the help of his supporters who were known as the Al Ansar and who still make up a significant political block within modern Sudanese politics. Unfortunately, given the limited scope in which you framed the term and the fact that you weren't able to define it accurately for the majority of the world's Islamic population I can't give you full credit for your answer.

2. Al Ansar - biweely internet magazine of al Qaeda (They Must Be Stopped by Brigitte Gabriel, pg. 57). The name is also used by numerous mosques, madrasses, and companies owned by muslims.

Unfortunately here we also have some issues. 1.) The internet magazine you are referencing wasn't simply called Al Ansar it was called Al Ansar: For the Struggle Against the Crusader War. 2.) You talk about it in the present tense as if you think it is still being produced, when it is currently defunct and has been for some time. 3.) you didn't even provide the base meaning of Al Ansar which literally just means "helpers" a reference to the Median community after Muhammad made the Hijra. 4.) Even if you wanted to focus on a publication, you didn't even cite the most popular publication within the history of Jihadi literature to utilize the name Al Ansar. That distinction goes not to Al Qaeda, but to the GIA from Algeria which published Al Ansar as a weekly newsletter. It was actually headquartered for the most part in Europe (Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany). 5.) No mention of the other prominent groups named Al Ansar, from organizations like Ansar Al Sharia to the above mentioned followers of the Mahdi in Sudan. Unfortunately here I am likewise unable to give you full credit: especially since you didn't get the full name of the Al Qaeda internet magazine correct.

We've already mentioned this as you failing to realize that he was indeed on your list and that you mispelled his name. When you did define him it was as some Brotherhood bloke who was killed for trying to assassinate Nasser. No mention of his seminal works such as Milestones or In the Shade of the Quran, nor any mention of the break he caused within the Brotherhood while in prison leading to the splinter terrorist organizations such as The Egyptian Islamic Jihad and al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya. Highly important groups related to other individuals on your list such as the blind sheikh (and to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing) and to the foundation of Al Qaeda. No context at all, so I'm afraid I can't give you full credit for him either.

4. Janjaweed - militia of Sudan Arab tribal groups, formed in 1988, armed by the Sudanese govt during the 1990s while operating in internal conflicts. (ie. fighting jihad on the non-Muslims in h ewest and south of Sudan). They have conducted brutal raids slaughtering and kidnapping non-Muslims. I'm not not too sure how this got into my Islamization Quiz, sinc eit has more to do with miitary warfare than Islamization, which is a subversive, usually non-violent process.

Yikes, another area where it would have benefited you to have read more than a paragraph or two about them before attempting to utilize them as a demonstration of your expertise in Islamic terror. You state that they were armed by Sudan and that's fine they were, but they were primarily initially armed by Gaddafi in Libya who flooded the Darfur region with automatic weapons in order to 1.) create a base of operations for rebel groups that he was supporting in neighboring Chad and 2.) To exert his own influence and control within Sudan through the support of his Islamic Legion which he had stationed there.

You also state that they were fighting "jihad" against non-Muslims, which is incorrect. They were most closely associated in our press with the genocide in Darfur and the targeting of the Fur people who are primarily Muslims themselves. In fact, the Darfur region has historically been controlled by petty sultanates. So I am afraid that you are completely mistaken as to the context of the fighting that they were engaged in.

Finally, you make no mention of what these militias are up to now, nor of the fact that their perceived primary early leader (Musa Hilal) is currently fighting against the Sudanese government, not for them: a fairly large oversight in a dramatic and important turn of events within Darfur.

Unfortunately I can't give you full credit here either, especially since you got the nature of the fighting so very wrong.

5. Dinka tribe - largest ethnic group in Sudan. Mostly black Christians. Millions of them have been executed. Tens of thousands enslaved, including Francis Bok, author of the book > Escape From Slavery. (Arab Muslims from more northern parts of Africa have raided and enslaved Black Africans from areas to their south for centuries. They were doing it long before any slave ships arrived in America. The word black in Arabic even also means "slave" - that's how deeply embedded slavery s in the Islamic world.

Alas, troubles here too. 1.) the Dinka aren't the largest ethnic group in Sudan. They primarily live in a different country: South Sudan. 2.) The Dinka aren't a tribe, so the term itself on your list is inappropriate, they are, as you stated an ethnic group which is composed of multiple different tribes. 3.) The Dinka aren't mostly Christian either, though of your many mistakes this is the most forgivable. Christian churches like to claim them as such in order to boost their numbers and they were also publicly depicted as such during the north south civil war so that our media could refer to the civil war to a war of the Islamic north vs. the Christian south. Unfortunately for your source, that isn't the way that religion works amongst the Dinka, or in South Sudan in general. One of the main impacts that Christian missionaries had on the Dinka was not the wholesale conversion of them to Christianity, but rather the introduction of monotheism to their religious practices. Once they adopted monotheism they were simply deemed Christians despite the fact that they largely don't follow christian practices outside of in urban areas such as Juba (so most do not). This was further muddled with an attempt by Gallup to do polling of South Sudanese religious beliefs in 2010. Unfortunately due to conflict they were only able to poll respondents in city centers like Juba which means that they were unable to get samples from the rural areas (so most of the population) and thus returned skewed belief data which indicated widespread Christian faith. Rather, they are largely still "animists" a catch-all phrase for indigenous religious beliefs who have merely converted to some aspects of monotheistic beliefs.

I can give you a pass for the religion thing since it is an issue of "controversy" but since you got the country of their home territory wrong I still can't give you full marks.
I haven't read one word of this. Like I said > My grade was 100%, and YOU'RE WELCOME for my allowing you to give me questions (a privilege no one else ever got)

Your insecurity is showing there sport. Let us all know when you can tell the difference between Sudan and South Sudan, and when you can tell the difference between Sunni and Shias Mr. Zero :wink:.

The Islamic DENIAL of Genghis Khan as ----a convert to islam is something like the modern denial of the murdering maniac CONSTANTINE as convert to Christianity-----it is
BULLSHIT. I am, by no means, insisting that either of these two murdering animals were "pious saints" of any religion----but both did what they did USING the pertinent religions as UNIFYING and INSPIRING forces in mass murder. They depended on islam and Christianity as TOTALITARIAN UTOPIA IDEOLOGIES I the same way that Stalin depended on communism and adolf ---on Nazism and SADAAAM depended on BAATHISM (arab Islamic national socialism)

The Mongol invasion of Persia (which was Islamic) took place between 1219 - 1221. The Mongol empire didn't "convert" to Islam until 1295. In fact the Mongol Invasion is often cited within Islamic history as one of the downfalls of the Islamic Golden Age with the mass murders the invading hoard engaged in as well as with blows like the destruction of the House of Wisdom in Baghdad by the Mongols.

you are playing with semantics -------whatta ya know-----it took a whole 75 years to shove islam down the throats of the ENTIRE MONGOL EMPIRE------so islam had nothing to do with the situation during the SHOVING TIME. Guess what------the ENTIRE ROMAN empire did not become Christian overnite either-----in fact all of the Christians did not become all that "CHRISTIAN" overnite either. Such
religious TRANSFORMATIONS are long bloody affairs. As to ISLAMIC PERSIA------not so easy either------lots of ARAB INVASION -----damned bloody too.
I understand your dilemma ------I had a high school history book too-------I even read it and remember the picture of
CONSTANTINE having a HEAVENLY REVELATION ---
galvanizing the SUDDEN INSTANTNEOUS conversion of the ROMAN EMPIRE TO CHRISTIANITY --------of course my second grade history book featured happy American
Indians with a feather on the head-------rejoicing over the MAYFLOWER

I'm not playing with semantics, the leader of the empire was not Muslim until that time. They converted thinking it would make ruling the Middle East easier. The simple fact is that they were not an Islamic polity or army when they invaded Persia. Persia on the other hand was Islamic and was brutalized. You were simply wrong.

There's nothing that indicates he was a Muslim - one source I read said he was an animist :dunno:

I'm on the side of the anti-Islam ads. The liberal left just doesn't get it. Islam has been trying to conquer the Europe and the west since its creation. Its followers were invading Europe for 400 years "prior" to the Europeans "first crusade" and the first crusade was a plea by the Byzantine Emperor to the Pope for military help because of attacks by Muslim armies.
When Islamists cannot win militarily, they infiltrate in numbers to change from within. The liberal left just cannot see the threat as the Muslims aren't threatening with uniformed-armed soldiers, tanks, and other military arms; they're just coming into Europe and the U.S. in large numbers.
It took hundreds of years of blood, sweat and tears to create this nation of a populace where the people elect their leaders, political transitions are peaceful and individuals can follow their own dreams.
Allowing the continued influx of Islamists will, in the long term, undo all that was done to create this beacon of liberty and way of life.
You can make as many laws to try and protect these western liberties, but when their numbers are sufficient, they will only destroy them with their own barbaric beliefs and laws.
I say, end ALL immigration, accept no so-called Muslim refugees and deport all those calling for Sharia and the Hadith as law.

Who's calling for Sharia and Hadith as law? I assume you mean over US and Constitutional law?
Oh nobody much ? HA HA HA HA!! What kind of loon question is that ? Practically the entire Islamic world. That's who. Most notably > ISIS, Boko Haram, al Shabba, al Nusra, Hezbollah, Hamas, the Taliban, the Muslim Brotherhood, dozens of Mualim Brotherhood front groups in America (CAIR, MSA, ISNA, etc)

We were talking about Muslims in the United States. Please show me the portion of "the entire Islamic world" - in the US, calling for this. Hopefully, with reputable sources - like main stream news organizations rather than blogs.

You don't know the connections of all of these groups to the United States ?
geez.gif

Taliban - Us troops in Afghanistan mitigate the 100+ Pakistani NUCLEAR warheads - the most dangerous thing to America today.

ISIS - they are related to jihad going on in the US (ex the Garland, TX attack), and they are a NUCLEAR trjeat to the US also, if/whenever they acquire enough wealth to nuclearize.

Boko Haram - so far they are just in Africa (SO FAR)

Hezbollah - they have been reported to have crossed the Mexican border into the US, and currently have cells in western states.

Hamas - they are related to yjr Muslim Brotherhood front group CAIR (right arm of Hamas in the US) They also were connected to the Holy Land Foundation and received funding from them until they were caught, tried, and sent to prison, were they now rot.

al Shabbab - A Somali-based al Qaeda terrorist group who recent engaged in a mall attack in Kenya, killing a lot of people. As of 2011, the group's foreign recruitment strategy was active in the United States, where members attempted to recruit from the local Muslim communities.[55] According to an investigative report by the U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security, Al Shabaab recruited over 40 Muslim Americans since 2007.[55] In 2010, the New York Times reported that after more than a dozen Americans were killed in Somalia, the organization's recruiting success had decreased in the US.[56] (Wikipedia)

Last edited:
I'm on the side of the anti-Islam ads. The liberal left just doesn't get it. Islam has been trying to conquer the Europe and the west since its creation. Its followers were invading Europe for 400 years "prior" to the Europeans "first crusade" and the first crusade was a plea by the Byzantine Emperor to the Pope for military help because of attacks by Muslim armies.
When Islamists cannot win militarily, they infiltrate in numbers to change from within. The liberal left just cannot see the threat as the Muslims aren't threatening with uniformed-armed soldiers, tanks, and other military arms; they're just coming into Europe and the U.S. in large numbers.
It took hundreds of years of blood, sweat and tears to create this nation of a populace where the people elect their leaders, political transitions are peaceful and individuals can follow their own dreams.
Allowing the continued influx of Islamists will, in the long term, undo all that was done to create this beacon of liberty and way of life.
You can make as many laws to try and protect these western liberties, but when their numbers are sufficient, they will only destroy them with their own barbaric beliefs and laws.
I say, end ALL immigration, accept no so-called Muslim refugees and deport all those calling for Sharia and the Hadith as law.

Who's calling for Sharia and Hadith as law? I assume you mean over US and Constitutional law?
Oh nobody much ? HA HA HA HA!! What kind of loon question is that ? Practically the entire Islamic world. That's who. Most notably > ISIS, Boko Haram, al Shabba, al Nusra, Hezbollah, Hamas, the Taliban, the Muslim Brotherhood, dozens of Mualim Brotherhood front groups in America (CAIR, MSA, ISNA, etc)

We were talking about Muslims in the United States. Please show me the portion of "the entire Islamic world" - in the US, calling for this. Hopefully, with reputable sources - like main stream news organizations rather than blogs.

geez.gif

Taliban - Us troops in Afghanistan mitigate the 100+ Pakistani NUCLEAR warheads - the most dangerous thing to America today.

ISIS - they are related to jihad going on in the US (ex the Garland, TX attack), and they are a NUCLEAR trjeat to the US also, if/whenever they acquire enough wealth to nuclearize.

Hezbollah - they have been reported to have crossed the Mexican border into the US, and currently have cells in western states.

Hamas - they are related to yjr Muslim Brotherhood front group CAIR (right arm of Hamas in the US) They also were connected to the Holy Land Foundation and received funding from them until they were caught, tried, and sent to prison, were they now rot.

Please show me that Muslims in the US call for sharia and hadith as "law".

it's not worth reading-----OSSIE saw the movie KHARTOUM-----so he knows AL MAHDI------that is all
he said. He wrote lots of detail but exhibited no insight.
I am reminded of the typical college ESSAY EXAM-----
In one history class I attended ---the Prof allowed an ESSAY ANSWERING YOUR OWN QUESTION. One of the students handed his paper in early and the Prof. (a cynical Ukrainian) looked at it, laughed and read the question the student had given himself. It began
"Describe briefly...... " The prof. laughed and commented -----"I LIKE THAT ""briefly"" " Well-----generally "briefly" is GOOD-----it forces some level of discernment and insight --------lots of people cannot do anything "briefly"-----they ramble on and on ......as did OSSIE

geez.gif

Please show me that Muslims in the US call for sharia and hadith as "law".

SHOW YOU? sure----that makes sense. Kinda like demanding that someone SHOW YOU a person who announced "I AM THE GODFATHER OF THE
MANHATTAN MAFIA" to the NEW YORK TIMES.
Long ago----I worked with an ENT doctor whose cousin
was an operative in the QUEENS, NY mafia. He showed me a picture of the man dead in the gutter ---it
had been cut from a newspaper .. I have NO LINK......
so go right ahead and call me a liar ----of course I will not
announce the name of the dead mafia guy or the doc. ---
so I am a LIAR. I have known lots and lots of muslims
in the USA--------who INSISTED that shariah law is the best system and will someday be THE SYSTEM in the USA----and the entire world.
well-----they began to talk less about it by about 1990----and tended to keep very quiet about the entire issue after 9-11-01. Opened support of shariah law is not a career
builder in the USA right now. Even an anonymous poll will not overcome the
reluctance to admit to it.

Your insecurity is showing there sport. Let us all know when you can tell the difference between Sudan and South Sudan, and when you can tell the difference between Sunni and Shias Mr. Zero :wink:.

Oh shut the hell up, you fucking ignorant asshole. (still MR QUIZ ZERO at this point) :laugh:

The Islamic DENIAL of Genghis Khan as ----a convert to islam is something like the modern denial of the murdering maniac CONSTANTINE as convert to Christianity-----it is
BULLSHIT. I am, by no means, insisting that either of these two murdering animals were "pious saints" of any religion----but both did what they did USING the pertinent religions as UNIFYING and INSPIRING forces in mass murder. They depended on islam and Christianity as TOTALITARIAN UTOPIA IDEOLOGIES I the same way that Stalin depended on communism and adolf ---on Nazism and SADAAAM depended on BAATHISM (arab Islamic national socialism)

The Mongol invasion of Persia (which was Islamic) took place between 1219 - 1221. The Mongol empire didn't "convert" to Islam until 1295. In fact the Mongol Invasion is often cited within Islamic history as one of the downfalls of the Islamic Golden Age with the mass murders the invading hoard engaged in as well as with blows like the destruction of the House of Wisdom in Baghdad by the Mongols.

you are playing with semantics -------whatta ya know-----it took a whole 75 years to shove islam down the throats of the ENTIRE MONGOL EMPIRE------so islam had nothing to do with the situation during the SHOVING TIME. Guess what------the ENTIRE ROMAN empire did not become Christian overnite either-----in fact all of the Christians did not become all that "CHRISTIAN" overnite either. Such
religious TRANSFORMATIONS are long bloody affairs. As to ISLAMIC PERSIA------not so easy either------lots of ARAB INVASION -----damned bloody too.
I understand your dilemma ------I had a high school history book too-------I even read it and remember the picture of
CONSTANTINE having a HEAVENLY REVELATION ---
galvanizing the SUDDEN INSTANTNEOUS conversion of the ROMAN EMPIRE TO CHRISTIANITY --------of course my second grade history book featured happy American
Indians with a feather on the head-------rejoicing over the MAYFLOWER

I'm not playing with semantics, the leader of the empire was not Muslim until that time. They converted thinking it would make ruling the Middle East easier. The simple fact is that they were not an Islamic polity or army when they invaded Persia. Persia on the other hand was Islamic and was brutalized. You were simply wrong.

There's nothing that indicates he was a Muslim - one source I read said he was an animist :dunno:

right-----that is the partyline of the current revisionist historians----something like (st) CONSTANTINE was not
really a Christian------only his mother (Helen) was.

Hey! Was somebody talking about imperialists ? OK. Let's do MUSLIM CONQUERORS (no shortage of them) >>

600s

Husayn ibn Ali(Sha'aban 4 AH – 10th Muharram 61 AH; 8 January 626 CE – 10 October 680 CE) Was The son of Ali Ibni Talib and the grandson of Muhammad who fought tyranny as he refused to pledge allegiance to Yazid.On 10 October 680 (Muharram 10, 61 AH), he and his small group of his followers and family members, who were between 72 or more, fought with a large army. Husayn and all of his men were killed and beheaded.
Abbas ibn Ali- The son of Ali Ibni Talib (ra)
Musa bin Nusair, (640-716). An Umayyad governor and general in North Africa.
Al-Hajjaj bin Yousef, (661-714). Umayyad administrator of Iraq.
Muhammad bin Qasim, (695-715). An early Arab General who captured Sindh in Pakistan.
Nusaybah Bint k’ab Al Maziniyyah. Female fighter who fought at the Battle of Uhud with the army of Muhammad after converting to Islam.
Umar II, Umayyad Caliph

700s

Tariq ibn-Ziyad, (d. 720) . An Umayyad Amazigh general, who swept Hispania with Muslim army.
Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi [Founder of Muslim Dynasty in Spain]
Zaid ibn Ali - Arab, fought the Banu Umayyad
Muhammad ibn Qasim captured Sind and Multan in Pakistan
Isma'il ibn Jafar - Arab, fought the Banu Umayyad
Qutaibah bin Muslim

800s

Abu 'Abdullah al-Shi'i, an Ismaili Da'i and a soldier, built a Katama Berbers army and helped found Fatimid Caliphate in North Africa.

900s

Mahmud of Ghazni, (971—1030). Ruler of Ghazni.
Jawhar as-Siqilli, commander of Fatimid forces. Founded Cairo and built Al-Azhar Mosque.

1000s

Avicenna
Alp Arslan
Togrul, Founder of the Seljuq Dynasty

1100s
Saladin and Guy of Lusignan after Battle of Hattin

Muhammad of Ghor
Zengi
Muḥammad Shahābuddīn Ghorī
Nur ad-Din Zangi, (1118–1174). A Syrian ruler and military leader who fought in the Crusades.
Saif ad-Din Ghazi I, Muslim leader during crusades
Salahuddin - 1138 to March 4, 1193, (known as Saladin in English), Kurd, Crusades
Shirkuh, Muslim Kurd leader during crusades

1200s

Iltutmish
Qutb-ud-din Aybak built the Qutub Minar
Razia Sultana, Indian princess
Mu'in ad-Din Unur
Al-Kamil Sunni Kurd leader
Baibars, fought with Crusaders and Mongols
Saif ad-Din Qutuz, fought with Crusaders and Mongols
Qalawun, fought with Crusaders
Khalil
Ghiyas ud din Balban
Ala ud din Khilji, Indian king who fought with the Mongols
Uthman I, Founder of the Ottoman Dynasty
Berke Khan, Fought with Mongols
Aybak, Founder of the Mamluk Dynasty
Saif ad-Din Qutuz

1300s

Tamerlane (1370-1405). Conqueror and founder of the Timurid dynasty. (remember the Boston Marathon bombing Tsarnaev boys ? This 1405 guy is who the older brother was named after)
Ala ud din Khilji
Bayezid I Victor of Battle of Nicopolis
Zheng He (1371–1433) Chinese mariner, explorer, and fleet admiral

1400s

'''*Hayreddin Barbarossa (1475–1546). Ottoman Admiral......

Zahiruddin Babur Conqueror and founder of the powerful Mughal Empire
Selim I
Mehmed II also known as Mehmed the Conqueror
Sharifa Fatima. Female Zaidi chieftain of Yemen who conquered Sana'a.

1500s
Suleiman with army

Humayun (Mughal King)
Akbar (Mughal King)At the end of his reign in, Mughal empire covered most of India.
Sayyed Mahmud Khan Commander in chief of the Mughal Empire.
Sher Shah Sur Founder the short-lived Sur Dynasty.
Tahmasp I Ensured the survival of the Saffavids of Persia.
Suleiman the Magnificent
Jehangir Real name Prince Salim

1600s

Shah Jahan Ruler of the Mughal Empire 1628 - 1658
Aurangzeb 6th Mughal Emperor whose reign lasted from 1658 until his death in 1707.
Khushal Khan Khattak (1613–1689) The Tribal Chief of Khattak Tribe,A prominent Pashtun poet, warrior.He was a renowned military fighter Who rebelled against Mughals.In one Battle he lead the Pashtun Tribes Khattak, Afridi and mohmand and fought against Mughal army in which Mughal king Aurangzeb set out with a large force which resulted in their defeat with reported loss of 40,000 mughal soldiers.

1700s

Hyder Ali - (1722–1782).
Imam Shamil, (1797–1871). An Avar (modern day Dagestan) who is considered both a political and religious leader for Chechens, Dagestanis, and Circassians.
Tipu Sultan. (1750–1799).also known as the Tiger of Mysore, was the ruler of the Kingdom of Mysore.He Fought Against British Empire and emprassed martyrdom in Seringapatam in 4 May 1799.
Syed Ahmad Shaheed Great Muslim of the sub-continent(Pak-India-Bangladesh)
Shah Ismail Shaheed

1800s

Diponegoro. (1785-1855). A Javanese prince who opposed the Dutch colonial rule, during Java War (1825-1830)
Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi. (1797–1861). Most remembered for his role as a freedom fighter.
Abd al-Qādir al-Jazā'irī. (1808–1883). Algerian militant against the French occupation.
Mir Masjidi Khan (died 1841) Afghan resistance leader, during First Anglo-Afghan War
Bakht Khan, Indian Muslim commander during Indian war of independence
Husein Gradaščević, leader of Great Bosnian uprising
Muhammad Ahmad, (1844–1885). a Muslim religious leader and militant in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan.
Omar Mukhtar, (1862–1931).
Nadir Shah, (aka Nadir Qoli Beg and Tahmasp-Qoli Khan). (1688–1747). A Shah of Iran and a military leader.
Bai Chongxi, (1893–1966). A Chinese General of the Republic of China (ROC).
Muhammad Ibn 'Abd al-Karim al-Khattabi, (1882–1963). Berber leader fighting against the French and Spanish occupations in Northern Morocco.
Hakim Ajmal Khan
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
Begum Hazrat Mahal, Indian Queen who fought for independence from the British
Syed Ahmad Shaheed Great Muslim of sub-Continent (Pak-India-Bangladesh)
Shah Ismail Shaheed ( 1779–1831) A great scholar of Islam and a warrior in the jihad proclaimed by Syed Ahmed Shaheed against the Sikhs kingdom in punjab in 19th century.
Ma Zhan'ao, (1830–1886) Chinese Muslim Qing dynasty General
Ma Anliang, (1855–1920) Chinese Muslim Qing dynastyGeneral, then Republic of General
Ma Guoliang, Chinese Muslim Qing dynasty General
Dong Fuxiang, (1839–1908) Chinese Muslim Qing dynasty General
Ma Qianling, (1824-1909) Chinese Muslim Qing dynasty General
Ma Zhanshan, (1885–1950) Chinese Muslim Republic of China General

1900s

Faqir of Ipi-(born 1897, died 1960) Faqir of Ipi born Mirza Ali Khan was a Pashtun from today's North-Waziristan Pakistan, Federally Administrated Tribal Areas.The village of Ipi is located near Mirali Camp in North Waziristan Agency, Waziristan, from where the Faqir of Ipi started his guerrilla warfare against the British Empire throughout the 1930s and 1940s until the British departure in 1947.When he died in 1960, The Times of 20 April described him as "a doughty and honourable opponent... a man of principle and saintliness... a redoubtable organizer of tribal warfare....".The British also called him An Original Insurgent.
Karnal Sher Khan (1970–1999) -A Brave Pashtun Soldier Of Pakistan Army and one of only 10 recipients of Pakistan's highest gallantry award, the Nishan-e-Haider for his actions during the Kargil Conflict with India in 1999.
Muhammad Ataul Ghani Osmani, is a Commander-in-Chief of the Bangladesh Armed Forces and led the Mukti Bahini during the Bangladesh Liberation War
Shamim Alam Khan, General, 1938-, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of Pakistan
Sudirman, (1916–1950)
Abdul Haris Nasution
Jamal Abdel Nasser
King Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman Al Saud - Founder of modern Saudi Arabia
Noor Inayat Khan, intelligence operative for the British in WWII
Mohiuddin Jahangir, recipient of Bir Sreshtho
Raja Aziz Bhatti, recipient of Nishan-e-Haider (A brave Soldier of Pakistan martyred in the Pak-Indo war 1965)
Major Tufail Muhammad Shaheed, recipient of Nishan-e-Haider
Captain Muhammad Sarwar Shaheed, recipient of Nishan-e-Haider.
Khaled Mosharraf, leading Sector Commander during the Bangladesh Liberation War
K M Shafiullah, Chief of Army Staff of the Bangladesh Army
Nur Khan, Commander-in-Chief of the Pakistan Air Force
A. K. Khandker, first Chief of Staff of the Bangladesh Air Force
Muhammad Mahmood Alam, air commodore of the Pakistan Air Force
Hamidur Rahman, recipient of Bir Sreshtho
Ahmed Shah Massoud
Ayub Khan Military ruler of Pakistani Government.

Abd al-Qadir al-Husayni
Hasan Salama
Saad El Shazly, Egyptian Chief of Staff during the Yom Kippur War
Abdullah el Tell, Jordanian Military Governor of Jerusalem 1948.
Ahmad Ismail Ali, Commander-in-Chief of Egypt's army during the Yom Kippur War
Abdel Ghani el-Gamasy, Director of operations for all forces participating in the 1973 Yom Kippur War
Abdul Munim Riad, Chief of Staff of the Egyptian Armed Forces
Mohammed Aly Fahmy, Commander of the Egyptian Air Defense Command during the Yom Kippur War
Abdul Munim Wassel, Commander of the Egyptian 3rd Army during the Yom Kippur War
Abd-Al-Minaam Khaleel, Commander of the Egyptian 2nd Army during the Yom Kippur War
Abdul Hamid, Indian soldier
Atif Dudaković, general of Bosnia-Herzegovina Army
Afsir Karim, Major General of the Indian Army,
Mohammed Abdullah Hassan, the "Mullah" who fought imperialism in Somalia
Major Ziaur Rahman, Sector Commander, Chief Commander of "Z" Force in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war

Unclassified

Ali Sadikin
Sukarno
Tahir ibn Husayn
Muammar Gaddafi
Bhavesh Dave

You cut and pasted a list of Islamic Military Leaders from Wikipedia: List of Muslim military leaders - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia where the opening paragraph states:
A Muslim soldier is a Muslim who has engaged in war, or is trained in the art of war. Some of the more contemporary belong to state or national military forces and are more accurately described as soldiers. Some of the older entries may be more accurately be described as warriors, and some as militia. Entries in this chronological list are accompanied by dates of birth and death, branch of Islam, country of birth, field of study, campaigns fought in, and a short biographical description.

This is not a list of "conquerors". It's simply a list of military leaders who were Muslim.

Also - next time, please provide a link to your sources.
Guess what the legacy of Mohammed is. Not hard to find. The Koran is littered with it. >>> CONQUEST

There is no such thing as a Muslim military leader who is not a conquerer. That's what Islam is all about. Didn't you know ? :biggrin:

Well then. I answered your 5. Your turn >> Stefanie Creswell, Charety Zhe, Salah Yassin, Kevin James, Abd al-Rahman al-Rashed.

1.) & 2.) I'll couple Stefanie Creswell and Charety Zhe Since they were involved in the same effort and since you took their names from the same book. They were recruited by Paul Gaubatz to be assistants and to later infiltrate CAIR as volunteers to see what "really" went on within CAIR meetings and events. They assist him along with his son Chris Gaubatz (or Dawud / David Marshall as he goes by when under cover). You took their names from the text: Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld that's Conspiring to Islamize America.

3.) Salah Yassin - A Lebanese national and nephew of Hezbollah's Sheikh Yassin, who was arrested December 2000 in Paraguay while on his way to blow up Israeli targets. You took his name from They Must Be Stopped by Brigitte Gabriel

4.) Kevin James: A convert to Islam who formed the domestic terror group Jam’iyyat Ul-Islam Is-Saheeh (JIS) while in a California state prison. His group planned to attack US military operations, infidels, and Israeli / Jewish targets; most notably in 2005 in Los Angeles. He was indicted on terrorism charges.

5.) Abd al-Rahman al-Rashed: The director-general of Al-Arabiya TV (Saudi government funded news). I imagine the bit concerning him that you are most interested in is what people like Pam Geller trumpet him for: his comments on the "Ground Zero Mosque". Where he is quoted as saying that it will be “a monument to those who committed the crime … I do not think that the majority of Muslims want to build a monument or a place of worship that tomorrow may become a source of pride for the terrorists and their Muslim followers…”
No page #s AHHHHHHHH!! (Defect buzzer)

I & 2 are pretty good. But I photo-hinted you on them. You're welcome/

3.) On Salah Yassin, I took his name from >> "Hezbollah Agent Arrested on Way to Bomb Israeli Targets” World Tribune.com, Dec. 4, 2000 (yes it's also mentioned in the Brigitte Gabriel book, and a few others)

4.) You didn't name the prison Kevin James was in (Folsom) You didn't mention that he was a jailhouse Muslim convert (an important point) , as were his buddies in the group he founded. "Indicted" is true, but falls a bit short. He pleaded guilty in LA Federal District Court to conspiracy for the military and synagogue targets, but also a armed robbery charges in connection with a string of gas station holdups. (FBI, LA Field Div., Thom Mrozek, PAO, Dec. 14, 2007.) Also, without the prior knowledge, it appears you looked this stuff up in the indexes of the books. I notice you mentioned the book They Must Be Stopped in answering question #2. But if you had read the book previously you would have known that the information about Kevin James is in that book, where you could have gotten the full answer on Page 168. (KJ not listed in the index) But hey, you did OK. At least you didn't say Kevin James was the actor in the movie Mall Cop, like a few past Quiz takers did. :laugh:

5.) For Abd al-Rahman al-Rashed (also spelled Abdul Rahman al-Rashed) - yes he was director-general of Al-Arabiya TV for 10 years (2004-2014), but he also was an editor for Asharq Al- Awsat, a conservative Arabic language newspaper in London, England, and it was there that Rashed made his infamous (to jihadists) remark about taqiyya >> "Arab reporters believer that lying for the sake of the cause is moral and honorable." Al Rashed admitted that Arab media often uses taqiyya to cast Islam in the best light, and the West in the worst light, severely distorting facts in the process.
(Abd al-Rahman Al-Rashed, "Slow Down, Media of 1967", Al Sharq Al-Awsat (London), March 27, 2003) (also is in Infiltration by Paul Sperry, pg. 29)

I guess you got this one half-right. :clap2:

Last edited:
Well then. I answered your 5. Your turn >> Stefanie Creswell, Charety Zhe, Salah Yassin, Kevin James, Abd al-Rahman al-Rashed.

1.) & 2.) I'll couple Stefanie Creswell and Charety Zhe Since they were involved in the same effort and since you took their names from the same book. They were recruited by Paul Gaubatz to be assistants and to later infiltrate CAIR as volunteers to see what "really" went on within CAIR meetings and events. They assist him along with his son Chris Gaubatz (or Dawud / David Marshall as he goes by when under cover). You took their names from the text: Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld that's Conspiring to Islamize America.

3.) Salah Yassin - A Lebanese national and nephew of Hezbollah's Sheikh Yassin, who was arrested December 2000 in Paraguay while on his way to blow up Israeli targets. You took his name from They Must Be Stopped by Brigitte Gabriel

4.) Kevin James: A convert to Islam who formed the domestic terror group Jam’iyyat Ul-Islam Is-Saheeh (JIS) while in a California state prison. His group planned to attack US military operations, infidels, and Israeli / Jewish targets; most notably in 2005 in Los Angeles. He was indicted on terrorism charges.

5.) Abd al-Rahman al-Rashed: The director-general of Al-Arabiya TV (Saudi government funded news). I imagine the bit concerning him that you are most interested in is what people like Pam Geller trumpet him for: his comments on the "Ground Zero Mosque". Where he is quoted as saying that it will be “a monument to those who committed the crime … I do not think that the majority of Muslims want to build a monument or a place of worship that tomorrow may become a source of pride for the terrorists and their Muslim followers…”

On Salah Yassin, I took his name from >>

You didn't name the prison Kevin James was in (Folsom) You didn't mention that he was a jailhouse Muslim convert (an important point) , as were his buddies in the group he founded. "Indicted" is true, but falls a bit short. He pleaded guilty in LA Federal District Court to conspiracy for the military and synagogue targets, but also a armed robbery charges in connection with a string of gas station holdups. (FBI, LA Field Div., Thom Mrozek, PAO, Dec. 14, 2007.) Also, without the prior knowledge, it appears you looked this stuff up in the indexes of the books. I notice you mentioned the book They Must Be Stopped in answering question #2. But if you had read the book previously you would have known that the information about Kevin James is in that book, where you could have gotten the full answer on Page 168. (KJ not listed in the index) But hey, you did OK. At least you didn't say Kevin James was the actor in the movie Mall Cop, like a few past Quiz takers did. :laugh:

Looks like I did better on your quiz than you did, and no I didn't look them up in the book indexes, I pulled them from memory. I was at work and didn't have access to my library. No do I keep those books in my library, I only keep legitimate reference material and books that I enjoyed.

Last edited:

3.) On Salah Yassin, I took his name from >> "Hezbollah Agent Arrested on Way to Bomb Israeli Targets” World Tribune.com, Dec. 4, 2000 (yes it's also mentioned in the Brigitte Gabriel book, and a few others)

4.) You didn't name the prison Kevin James was in (Folsom) You didn't mention that he was a jailhouse Muslim convert (an important point) , as were his buddies in the group he founded. "Indicted" is true, but falls a bit short. He pleaded guilty in LA Federal District Court to conspiracy for the military and synagogue targets, but also a armed robbery charges in connection with a string of gas station holdups. (FBI, LA Field Div., Thom Mrozek, PAO, Dec. 14, 2007.) Also, without the prior knowledge, it appears you looked this stuff up in the indexes of the books. I notice you mentioned the book They Must Be Stopped in answering question #2. But if you had read the book previously you would have known that the information about Kevin James is in that book, where you could have gotten the full answer on Page 168. (KJ not listed in the index) But hey, you did OK. At least you didn't say Kevin James was the actor in the movie Mall Cop, like a few past Quiz takers did. :laugh:

5.) For Abd al-Rahman al-Rashed (also spelled Abdul Rahman al-Rashed) - yes he was director-general of Al-Arabiya TV for 10 years (2004-2014), but he also was an editor for Asharq Al- Awsat, a conservative Arabic language newspaper in London, England, and it was there that Rashed made his infamous (to jihadists) remark about taqiyya >> "Arab reporters believer that lying for the sake of the cause is moral and honorable." Al Rashed admitted that Arab media often uses taqiyya to cast Islam in the best light, and the West in the worst light, severely distorting facts in the process.
(Abd al-Rahman Al-Rashed, "Slow Down, Media of 1967", Al Sharq Al-Awsat (London), March 27, 2003) (also is in Infiltration by Paul Sperry, pg. 29)

I guess you got this one half-right. :clap2:

All in all a respectable start. Not too bad. Now you have 495 more to go. :disbelief:

You didn't name the prison Kevin James was in (Folsom) You didn't mention that he was a jailhouse Muslim convert (an important point) , as were his buddies in the group he founded. "Indicted" is true, but falls a bit short. He pleaded guilty in LA Federal District Court to conspiracy for the military and synagogue targets, but also a armed robbery charges in connection with a string of gas station holdups. (FBI, LA Field Div., Thom Mrozek, PAO, Dec. 14, 2007.) Also, without the prior knowledge, it appears you looked this stuff up in the indexes of the books. I notice you mentioned the book They Must Be Stopped in answering question #2. But if you had read the book previously you would have known that the information about Kevin James is in that book, where you could have gotten the full answer on Page 168. (KJ not listed in the index) But hey, you did OK. At least you didn't say Kevin James was the actor in the movie Mall Cop, like a few past Quiz takers did. :laugh:

Looks like I did better on your quiz than you did, and no I didn't look them up in the book indexes, I pulled them from memory. I was at work and didn't have access to my library. No do I keep those books in my library, I only keep legitimate reference material and books that I enjoyed.
No, HA HA. Not hardly. don't get cocky now. I've been giving you one break after another. I could pull them and leave you in a bad state.

Also I notice you quoted my post on only 4 of your questions, and you missed # 5 by a mile. Try reading # 356 over again. You did OK, but nothing to brag about (and surely not better than me - I'm the one who corrected you, remember ? Your COACH. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Looks like you Googled them (except for 1 & 2) :laugh:

Forum List

Back