Anti-Trumpers finding they have nowhere to go

Gee, ya think?

It's great that they're voicing their opinions and refusing to kiss the Orange Ring™, but traditional Republicans have to get it through their heads that their choice is pretty simple: Either bend over for Trump and Trumpism, or rip the scab off and force the party into the wilderness for a while. There are no good short term solutions.

If traditional Republicans get primaried and beaten, which will be Trump's play, they will have to either run as an Independent or back the Democrat, and then hope for the best. What else can they do?

They have to play the long game. And how often do politicians do that? I wonder how many will just soften their opposition and give in to the Glorious Leader to save their cushy gubmit jobs.

This is Trump's party now. Ouch. Am I missing something here?

The 7 who voted for his conviction on the impeachment could do a lot of damage if they wanted to--Seven percent of the Senate is a lot in some matters. Toss in a few soft Democrats and you have some clout.
I think you are right Candy.

There is been maudlin expressions of regret, about how polarized the nation has become of late, such a third rail coalition faction could play a pivotal function.

Gee, ya think?

It's great that they're voicing their opinions and refusing to kiss the Orange Ring™, but traditional Republicans have to get it through their heads that their choice is pretty simple: Either bend over for Trump and Trumpism, or rip the scab off and force the party into the wilderness for a while. There are no good short term solutions.

If traditional Republicans get primaried and beaten, which will be Trump's play, they will have to either run as an Independent or back the Democrat, and then hope for the best. What else can they do?

They have to play the long game. And how often do politicians do that? I wonder how many will just soften their opposition and give in to the Glorious Leader to save their cushy gubmit jobs.

The 7 who voted for his conviction on the impeachment could do a lot of damage if they wanted to--Seven percent of the Senate is a lot in some matters. Toss in a few soft Democrats and you have some clout.

There is been maudlin expressions of regret, about how polarized the nation has become of late, such a third rail coalition faction could play a pivotal function.
Funny to see how powerful Manchin has become, and that's a good sign.

Theoretically -- and this is probably just wishful thinking -- the more moderate members of Congress could create a gravity that pulls more in and leaves the loons on the sidelines.

Something has to happen here, pretty fucking soon.

Yeah, it is Republicans who use racial fears to get elected. It is Republicans who vote against their own economic interests. Cheez.

Democrats would have NOTHING if it weren’t for identity politics. It is all they talk about. Every single one of Joe’s picks for his administration mention something about race/gender when getting hired. It plays into EVERY SINGLE thing the Democrats do. They prey on folks like you who are racist to the core and thus have a tremendous amount of guilt you must try to nullify.

You mean we aren't going to have a government of mostly white dudes. Trump brought in people like Devos, Rick Perry, etc. to run the departments. All white people, and most of them fucking incompetent.

Republicans are generally more successful, particularly white ones, right? You know, because of white privilege and all. ;) You seem to believe the old the Republicans are for the rich nonsense, when it reality they are for the working successful folks while Democrats care for the elites and for the complete economic losers, but even then only in part.

Wow, that was convoluted. If the GOP only had to rely on the votes of the "Successful", they wouldn't get more than 20% of the vote. 60% of the population controls less than 5% of the wealth in this country. If economic success were tied to political success, then Republicans would never win. But the Red states are poorer than the Blue states, mostly because they can get poor white people to vote against their own economic interests. Just like they got their ancestors to catch bullets so the Plantation Owners could keep living large.

For example, good ole’ Joe will undoubtedly raise gasoline prices with his ridicious green ideas, not to mention cost even more middle class jobs. The poor and the middle class suffer the most as not only gas prices rise but so does the price of a pizza. The wealthier folks don’t have to worry so much about this. Ole Joe and the Democrats want to raise the minimum wage across the nation to $15/hour. Same result, but they have tricked brick heads and low IQ min. wage workers that it will benefit them.

Again, Last Two Democrats, we were better off when they finished than when they started. Last three Republicans, had economies that were worse than the ones they inherited. Which is why two of them were One Term Presidents.

It is folks like you that are voting against their own self-interest by voting for Democrats. They have tricked you into thinking you are getting a good deal, meanwhile you will be bearing the brunt of their economic ignorance in the form of higher taxes and higher cost. Like I said, Democrats help the super elites and they help the super poor, but only to the extent that they will give them enough handouts to keep them off the streets.

Again, Back in the 1990's, I was one of those people who was outraged Clinton Got a Blow Job. I was so outraged about that I didn't even notice that my hourly wages increased 70% in that time period. Then Bush got in there, and I ended his term with a reduction in salary, a busted 401K and an underwater mortgage.

If you want to live like a Republican, vote for a Democrat.

Here's what's going to happen. Joe is going to fix Trump's fucked up economy. Then in 2024, you guys will go around not talking about the economy, but about some bullshit social issue like Trannies using the bathroom.

No, it's not. Some guy from a backwater state reliant on government handouts holding the balance of power is kind of awful.

Theoretically -- and this is probably just wishful thinking -- the more moderate members of Congress could create a gravity that pulls more in and leaves the loons on the sidelines.

Nope, not going to happen. The real problem is that most of them didn't learn a thing from Trump, that Trump was a big fuck you from the electorate for a Congress and Establishment that gets nothing done. Trump didn't get anything done, either, but he managed to convince his drones that he was.

Gee, ya think?

A third party could create all kinds of unforeseen problems with the Electoral college win, is what I'm thinking.... and if shy of 270, then it goes to congress, to pick....

Do we really want congress to choose our presidents, from here on, out?

If say, never reaching the 270 needed because it is split 3 ways?

Gee, ya think?

When you call folks that have different ideas than you, "loons?"

YOU are the problem.

I have no problem with folks at the extreme.

The problem is unwillingness to negotiate and find a compromise. . . it is NOT having extreme views that is the problem. It is the type of thinking that holds that YOU have the only correct view, everyone else is a loon, and you are unwilling to find a compromise, or even consider anybody's ideas that you do not like, because you consider them a "loon."

Stop being an arrogant POS. Have respect for those who see the world differently than you, and we can build a stronger, better nation.

It is the hypocrisy and double standards that are creating these, so called, "loons," and if you don't see that? You have a severe case of myopia.

Gee, ya think?

A third party could create all kinds of unforeseen problems with the Electoral college win, is what I'm thinking.... and if shy of 270, then it goes to congress, to pick....

Do we really was t for congress to choose our presidents, from here on, out?

If say, never reaching the 270 needed because it is split 3 ways
Yeah, that's definitely a potential problem. If a third party ever got strong enough to make this an issue (seems doubtful), we'd need to look at the process.

Trump is no longer POTUS so why are all these threads about Trump??

If I were the lefty loons I would be singing Biden's praises.

Oh wait. I forgot. He kicked every American tax payer in the teeth on day one. Once his EO's kick I doubt he will get 30% approval. Oh and lets not forget his green shit. I guess you lefty loons don't have much to brag about. Never mind.
Trump's four years were the most consequential presidential term of our lifetimes.

Those four years will be under a microscope for a LONG time. That is a given.

If that bothers you, too bad. I do know how you folks love to play the victim.

Doesn't bother me at all. I guess you forgot before the very convenient Chines Virus hit. This country was in great shape. UE the lowest it had been in 50 years. Jobs all across this country and a great economy. All with Trump at the helm.

You won't get that with Biden. In fact I'd say we will be lucky to dodge the Second Great Depression with him at the helm. On day one he kicked every American tax payer in the teeth and when his EO's all kick in it will cost we tax payers up the ass.

You sure like playing the victim so too bad.

Trump is no longer POTUS so why are all these threads about Trump??

If I were the lefty loons I would be singing Biden's praises.

Oh wait. I forgot. He kicked every American tax payer in the teeth on day one. Once his EO's kick I doubt he will get 30% approval. Oh and lets not forget his green shit. I guess you lefty loons don't have much to brag about. Never mind.
Trump's four years were the most consequential presidential term of our lifetimes.

Those four years will be under a microscope for a LONG time. That is a given.

If that bothers you, too bad. I do know how you folks love to play the victim.

Doesn't bother me at all. I guess you forgot before the very convenient Chines Virus hit. This country was in great shape. UE the lowest it had been in 50 years. Jobs all across this country and a great economy. All with Trump at the helm.

You won't get that with Biden. In fact I'd say we will be lucky to dodge the Second Great Depression with him at the helm. On day one he kicked every American tax payer in the teeth and when his EO's all kick in it will cost we tax payers up the ass.

You sure like playing the victim so too bad.
I know what you're told; that doesn't make it true.

Once again, you just can't bring yourself to discuss the OP.

Stop being an arrogant POS. Have respect for those who see the world differently than you....
Well, I do enjoy irony.
I don't go around using slander and attack as a primary mode of argumentation against those I disagree with. No irony there.

You were the one that belittled every one in Congress that did not share your POV.

I have seen positives in both sides. You see them as loons.

. . . or, as most on this site of have pointed out, you see very little redeeming in the extreme side of the GOP, and bend over for the DNC.

You seem to be COUNTING on this Depression. What happens when the opposite happens?

You'll have the sadz...

The moderate Republicans who bolted from the party in the 80s and 90s should have formed a third party then.

The Republican Party since has increasingly been taken over by the more extreme elements.

Now, even the extreme elements of the Pub party are being expelled by the even more extreme elements of the party. Tea Partiers are now q adherents. Thanks Koch Bros!

This result is not a surprise given this is the fulfillment of the trend that began in the 80s.

The new undesirable extreme element of Republican Party now wants to form a new third party.

Won’t work.

They need to go back to moderate and sane conservatism.

The new undesirable extreme element of Republican Party now wants to form a new third party.
I think the party is beyond that. The GOP, and its massive infrastructure, is now fully owned by Donald Trump. One guy. We've seen this before in history.

So now the more moderate voices are on the outside looking in, and they're coming to the realization that THEY have to consider a third party.

I think that fight is OVER.

Gee, ya think?

yes you are, YOUR BRAIN

I think the party is beyond that. The GOP, and its massive infrastructure, is now fully owned by Donald Trump. One guy. We've seen this before in history.

So now the more moderate voices are on the outside looking in, and they're coming to the realization that THEY have to consider a third party.

I think that fight is OVER.
The Trumpist Q alliance that now controls the Republican Party may result in the remnants of the Party going back to their moderate conservative roots in the form of a third party. Let’s hope so.

You're missing a lot, but you always do.

Here's the thing. There's nothing unique about Trump. Trump is just a more distilled form of what the GOP has been doing since Richard Nixon and the Southern Strategy- Play on the racial, religious and sexual fears of working class white people to get them to vote against their own economic interests.

the only difference between a Trump and a Reagan is Trump is more blatant about it.

When Trump is finally gone, the GOP is not going to suddenly become enlightened on social and racial issues.

The problem is, Mac, what you want is a GOP that is Economically Conservative and Socially Liberal. The reality is, America is Economically Liberal and Socially Conservative. Republicans only sleaze their way back into power when the economy is going well and they can focus on the social issues. When the Republicans fuck up the economy (and they always to, because you don't want those working class folks getting any of that sweet, sweet money) the white working class is willing to entertain the idea of putting a Democrat in charge, which is how we got Clinton, Obama and now Biden.

You're missing a lot, but you always do.

Here's the thing. There's nothing unique about Trump. Trump is just a more distilled form of what the GOP has been doing since Richard Nixon and the Southern Strategy- Play on the racial, religious and sexual fears of working class white people to get them to vote against their own economic interests.

the only difference between a Trump and a Reagan is Trump is more blatant about it.

When Trump is finally gone, the GOP is not going to suddenly become enlightened on social and racial issues.

The problem is, Mac, what you want is a GOP that is Economically Conservative and Socially Liberal. The reality is, America is Economically Liberal and Socially Conservative. Republicans only sleaze their way back into power when the economy is going well and they can focus on the social issues. When the Republicans fuck up the economy (and they always to, because you don't want those working class folks getting any of that sweet, sweet money) the white working class is willing to entertain the idea of putting a Democrat in charge, which is how we got Clinton, Obama and now Biden.

Now Offering Cult Deprogramming Services for Branch xiden commie lovers

Gee, ya think?

yes you are, YOUR BRAIN
More thoughtful, intellectual input from a Trumpster.

Interesting that they don't like this topic.

The 2 party system is a fraud to begin with.
It's sure as hell showing its flaws now.

But it's all but impossible for a new, more moderate party to take root and grow into anything significant. Apparently.

The masks have pretty much come off of whatever you want to call the 1 percent.

I really don't even know where to begin to fix any of this. The best advice I have heard is that it starts from the bottom up for change, not the top down. In other words, we as the people need to get involved with our local governments again. We have become lazy and complacent. Which is why the psychopaths and criminals are running the show.
Agree completely. The responsibility (and blame) for this is on us. As long as we refuse to change things, these people have a free pass. We can tell you who won on "Dancing With the Stars", but we pay no attention to this stuff. Self-inflicted wound.

And yes, change could begin at a local level.

Great points. I have also heard on a few radio shows I listen to that they have ways of rigging the vote counts at the local level also. So that is another thing to be aware of.
Sure, but the radio shows you listen to are batshit crazy.

Gee, ya think?

/——/ Bend over, spread your cheeks and prepare yourself if the democRAT azzraping.

Forum List

Back