Any tips for general lower back pain?

Non narcotic & no pot.

Ever since I injured it a couple months ago it just aches all the time.

Perhaps experiment with herbal teas. I double up my mug with either Chamomile or Kava stress relief tea. They're inexpensive and can be purchased in the grocery stores. I often put a blueberry tea bag in there for flavor but it's also good for you. The Kava stress relief tea is awseome. It puts your muscles and nervous system in the clouds but does so soberly. It feels great. But there are various other herbal teas that work similarly.

It's worth a shot. They also tend to put me in a good mood.

The Kava might give you a boner for a few hours, though. It does to me, so...

Last edited:
I was having lower back pain a few years ago that almost stopped me from running. I got a Teeter inversion board and started using it just a couple minutes a day. I have not had back pain for 5 years and still run marathons. My best friend was popping pills every day for his back pain so he could play golf. I talked him into getting a Teeter board and he now takes no pain pills and plays golf 3 times a week. We are both 60 years old. I encourage you to get one. Good luck!

Years ago I had lower back pain. I was at the gym working around my pain when I caught the notice of another person. He introduced himself as a knesiologist. My problem wasn't my back. It was weak abdominal muscles that weren't strong enough to help the muscles supporting the bones in my back.

I built up my abs. The low back pain went away and never came back.

Non narcotic & no pot.

Have it looked at immediately, if you have a trigger(muscle spasm) the bad chemicals in the muscles is eating at your spine. You will get arthritis and then possibly disk slippage. I am a survivor of a blown out L5 because I had that very lower back spasm and didn't address the issue.

Non narcotic & no pot.

In a word: ICE

Spend a couple of days on your back with pillows under your bent knees and a flat ice pack (or a frozen hand towel in a gallon plastic bag) off and on for 20 minutes at a time on the area of pain. NSAIDS help but the ice will in short time relieve muscle spasms.

If the pain is down you leg, see a doctor and explain how long you've had the problem and request an MRI.

Post Script: Get a back brace and don't sit at you computer or when watching TV, wear the brace and put the ice bag between the brace and the area inflamed when standing.

Last edited:
I was having lower back pain a few years ago that almost stopped me from running. I got a Teeter inversion board and started using it just a couple minutes a day. I have not had back pain for 5 years and still run marathons. My best friend was popping pills every day for his back pain so he could play golf. I talked him into getting a Teeter board and he now takes no pain pills and plays golf 3 times a week. We are both 60 years old. I encourage you to get one. Good luck!

"Inversion therapy doesn't provide lasting relief from back pain, and it's not safe for everyone. Inversion therapy involves hanging upside down, and the head-down position could be risky for anyone with high blood pressure, heart disease or glaucoma." Ask your doctor, we all know if it is on the Internet, it's not always true.

"Inversion therapy doesn't provide lasting relief from back pain, and it's not safe for everyone. Inversion therapy involves hanging upside down, and the head-down position could be risky for anyone with high blood pressure, heart disease or glaucoma." Ask your doctor, we all know if it is on the Internet, it's not always true.
I didn't recommend inversion therapy based on what I read on the internet. I related my own personal experience and my best friend's personal experience with a Teeter Hangup board. I agree that if you have other health issues besides back pain you should consult your doctor.

Now I finally understand your screen name. I had just kind of figured you like to binge on NetFlix

Non narcotic & no pot.

Have it looked at immediately, if you have a trigger(muscle spasm) the bad chemicals in the muscles is eating at your spine. You will get arthritis and then possibly disk slippage. I am a survivor of a blown out L5 because I had that very lower back spasm and didn't address the issue.
Try stool softener..

A zero-gravity chair helps, but try to rebuild your muscles under supervision, and then a good massage therapist. Also sleep on your back with pillows under your knees. Also avoid lifting the grandkids.

Bio freeze works better than the other creams, etc, in my opinion. And I prefer the roll on.

All after you confirm you haven’t herniated a disc that needs surgery due to compromise of the spinal canal.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Working, stretching and building all of your core muscles will help to stabilize your back. Along with some kind of exercise.

Improve your nutrition/diet by staying away from processed foods that can cause inflammation and centering more on proteins & fruits/veggies for nutrients to help your body heal itself.

Lose any excess weight that is pulling against your back

Improve your posture to keep your back properly aligned.

All of these little things (and more) will help contribute to a stronger back now and less problems later down the road........and hope you never have to deal with Sciatica or pinched or irritated nerves because of it. I found out in reverse.......had the irritated nerve roots & Sciatica first, found out L2 thru S1 had varying degrees of arthritis & degeneration, slipped L4 over L5 and all were in contact or irritating the different nerve roots....I refuse surgery (rod & pins) and have been making significant progress.

And understand it's not going to be an overnight fix, but a lifetime of lifestyle changes.......best of luck with whatever you do about it :thup:

Forum List

Back