Any Vietnam era vets on this forum?

Arlington, November 11, 2015 with some of the gang. On Saturday Nov,14 we celebrated the beginning of the Battle of Ia Drang Valley at LZ X-RAY. Had my baseball hat on.

We Were Soldiers Once and Young: Ia Drang Valley 1965 withLisa Soltow Brannon and 9 others at Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

November 11 · Washington, District of Columbia, DC · ·

I've read the book about six times. What a contrast. X-Ray vs. Albany.

If you were enlisted, who were your officers ?

Once again.

Lembcke's work is flawed at every level and wouldn't be worthy of mention except that it is now the single source cited by anyone wishing to ignore historical fact and propagate Lembcke's position that Vietnam Vets were not spit on.
Nothing is a historical fact without proof. Where is yours?

Once again.

Lembcke's work is flawed at every level and wouldn't be worthy of mention except that it is now the single source cited by anyone wishing to ignore historical fact and propagate Lembcke's position that Vietnam Vets were not spit on.
Lembcke could not document that it did not happen. On this Board alone, you have several personally documented incidents. That is historical proof. Move along.

Once again.

Lembcke could not document that it did not happen. On this Board alone, you have several personally documented incidents. That is historical proof. Move along.
You`re asking someone to prove a negative? That`s absolutely ridiculous. I don`t think you`ll find any old news clippings with the headline. "Nothing happened at the airport today". Dr. Lembcke is still waiting for evidence and he can be reached at Holy Cross College in Worcester Ma. Btw, these same bullshit stories resurfaced during the Gulf War of 1991 to stoke the pro war rallies. It`s always been about demonizing the anti-war crowd.

You have had plenty of evidence on this Board.

Lembcke has made an assertion that he cannot prove. He is the only to do so. His failure is the reason we laugh at your failure. If you believe Lembcke, then you are the type of voter that Trump wants.

01 February 2007, 07:26 PM
Bombfixer

Spitting on returning Vietnam vets - snopes.com
icon1.gif

I was returning from Viet-Nam in July of 1969. We flew from Da Nang to Travis AFB via Japan and Alaska. We landed at Travis AFB in Oakland, CA. On July 25th I was bussed to San Francisco International Airport to await further transportation Eastbound. I was spit on, had coffee spilled on me, and recieved very hostile stares and rude comments like "baby killer" said to me. Some of those who were with us actually had their "awol" bags ripped from their hands. "Awol" bag was a name given to a small gym bag sized carry on that we used at the time.

02 February 2007, 08:08 PM
Vanilla Gorilla

icon1.gif

Not so much spitting. But I heard about people who had Gold Stars on their windows, having lost someone in Vietnam, and then having rocks/bricks thrown through them.

On the other side, a teacher of mine back in High School mentioned seeing a young guy with long hair being heid down and his head shaved(this was in Texas).

Just pointing out that you have idiots on both sides of the fence.

Once again.

You`re asking someone to prove a negative? That`s absolutely ridiculous. I don`t think you`ll find any old news clippings with the headline. "Nothing happened at the airport today". Dr. Lembcke is still waiting for evidence and he can be reached at Holy Cross College in Worcester Ma. Btw, these same bullshit stories resurfaced during the Gulf War of 1991 to stoke the pro war rallies. It`s always been about demonizing the anti-war crowd.
Vets have a tendency to be reluctant to go to war......especially when Democrats are making the decision to go to war. Liberals were the worst sort of chicken hawks when it came to going back into Afghanistan and taking out Qadaffi. They wanted to take out Assad as well, and look where that got us....nothing but a worldwide unholy mess. And they feel justified because of Iraq, which Obama totally screwed the pooch on I might add.

Boots on the ground. Nation building. Both are a requirement if you're even gonna consider such an operation, but Obama and company don't want to deal with the problems they lead to. So they start shit and leave a mess expecting everyone else to clean it up. Well, I've got news for you....Nobody wants to do it.

This is exactly what Bush did. So they start shit and leave a mess expecting everyone else to clean it up. Well, I've got news for you....Nobody wants to do it.

I've been thinking of something to post but no words seem to fit except to say
the country turned its back of those returning from VN.
The country still has it's back turned.
Visit any Veterans Hospital and see for yourselves.
It's a disgrace what's not happening.
Go into homeless shelters and see how old many men there are. These men were in the prime of life during the VN era.
Many many of these veterans will never stop suffering from the crushing feeling of guilt that they made it home when their friends did not.
I blame both political parties equally for their disgraceful inactions.
I need a drink.
That's all.

Forum List

Back