Apple responds to Siri privacy concerns

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Daily Crunch: Apple responds to Siri privacy concerns – TechCrunch
After The Guardian ran a story last week about how Siri
Apple suspends Siri response grading in response to privacy concerns – TechCrunch

Ewwwww it was such a conspiracy ... yeah so much so it's ordered STOPPED by apple world wide !

so full of it we told you this shit years ago dumb asses.....

upload_2019-8-2_18-9-24.png

Apple suspends Siri response grading in response to privacy concerns – TechCrunch

Ewwwww it was such a conspiracy ... yeah so much so it's ordered STOPPED by apple world wide !

View attachment 272481
All three, Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri do that, the data is anonymous so the third party contractors have no idea who it is or where it's coming from. It helps them get responses correct, how else can they improve the systems? Granted the units hear everything when powered on so there is that besides Siri is so far behind the other two they may never catch up.
Apple suspended the practice, for now because conspiracy nuts like you make mountains out of mole hills.......

Last edited:

View attachment 272481
All three, Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri do that, the data is anonymous so the third party contractors have no idea who it is or where it's coming from. It helps them get responses correct, how else can they improve the systems? Granted the units hear everything when powered on so there is that besides Siri is so far behind the other two they may never catch up.
Apple suspended the practice, for now because conspiracy nuts like you make mountains out of mole hills.......
Third party contractors doing what with the info ??? Selling it, buying it, and if buying it then for what to resale maybe ?? Can anyone truly trust these companies now ??

A Constitution should have been written concerning the internet and the internet citizenry by now, but noooooooooooooooo.

View attachment 272481
Third party contractors doing what with the info ??? Selling it, buying it, and if buying it then for what to resale maybe ?? Can anyone truly trust these companies now ??

A Constitution should have been written concerning the internet and the internet citizenry by now, but noooooooooooooooo.
No, nothing so stupidly conspiratorial like that, they check voice patterns, response patterns, vocal inflections and how it interacts with the AI. With the info they do get there's nothing to sell, who's going to take advantage of it?

Simple solution, if these "AI" systems scare you don't buy one........ That was easy........

From your article link:

"It’s worth pointing out that Apple’s biggest competitors in the smartphone space, like Samsung, do not share exact unit numbers either. It means that outside commentators will now have to rely solely on analysts to estimate iPhone unit shipments with no real way of testing their accuracy. We are in the dark, basically."

I don't care if my devices listen to me. What gets me more than a little concerned is the day when they stop listening to me ...

4907278-5635399158-termi.jpg

From your article link:

"It’s worth pointing out that Apple’s biggest competitors in the smartphone space, like Samsung, do not share exact unit numbers either. It means that outside commentators will now have to rely solely on analysts to estimate iPhone unit shipments with no real way of testing their accuracy. We are in the dark, basically."
That's alright, I like my link too. With the last round of DJT tariffs on China...

View attachment 272481

What kind of idiot buys a device whose only job is to listen for voice commands, and then whine when it does what it is designed to do?

I don't care if my devices listen to me. What gets me more than a little concerned is the day when they stop listening to me ...

4907278-5635399158-termi.jpg

Oh hell, I don't know anybody that listens or pays much attention to you now.

View attachment 272481

No, nothing so stupidly conspiratorial like that, they check voice patterns, response patterns, vocal inflections and how it interacts with the AI. With the info they do get there's nothing to sell, who's going to take advantage of it?

Simple solution, if these "AI" systems scare you don't buy one........ That was easy........
Got one, and we unplug it after the grandkids use it to listen to their music. Heck the smart phone is probably more of a menacing thing than any stand alone gadgets are. Discuss.

Sometimes I can take the smart phone out of my shirt pocket, and swipe the screen to find a web browser open on a web page that I never purposely went to on my own, but there it is causing me to scratch my head thinking huh ? Conspiracy ?? Who knows really.... LOL

View attachment 272481

What kind of idiot buys a device whose only job is to listen for voice commands, and then whine when it does what it is designed to do?
You miss the key word and/or point being made (the word is command), as in the owner commands it by voice to operate, and not it operating without being commanded. Listening is operating without being commanded right ?? Is that what it's doing ??

View attachment 272481

You miss the key word and/or point being made (the word is command), as in the owner commands it by voice to operate, and not it operating without being commanded. Listening is operating without being commanded right ?? Is that what it's doing ??

If it's not listening for a command, how will it know when it gets one? You gonna walk across the room to shake it or push a button to wake it up? If you don't want it to do what it was designed to do, don't buy it.

Don't you people feel stupid talking to your phones instead of on your phones?

Personally I don't want my phone or my car talking to me.

View attachment 272481

If that's how you feel about it, you should have no objections to anonymously showing your penis to all of us right now. Go on, let's see it.

View attachment 272481

If that's how you feel about it, you should have no objections to anonymously showing your penis to all of us right now. Go on, let's see it.

View attachment 272481

I'll do better than that. If you're not too far away, I'll let you have your own test drive. You can drive it around the block, so to speak.

View attachment 272481

If it's not listening for a command, how will it know when it gets one? You gonna walk across the room to shake it or push a button to wake it up? If you don't want it to do what it was designed to do, don't buy it.
The question is this then, are people so lazy they can't walk across a room to wake the AI up ?? Just leave it on to keep listening eh ??

They got mic mute on the Google home, and we either use that after every use or unplug it after use. No listening going on in our home by these devices.

Forum List

Back