Arctic heating up at twice as fast as rest of globe

I repeat, the voters are republican. Any fool can see that.

Which ones? Name some names of those Southern Democrat tobacco supporters that switched parties. If they are all (or even mostly) Republicans now, surely you can name several.
Quick question. Why do people focus on the the politicians instead of the millions of previously Dem voters that switched to the Republican party when someone disputes anyone switched.?

TCOT-Derp-4.jpg
Because they're not very bright.
Which ones? Name some names of those Southern Democrat tobacco supporters that switched parties. If they are all (or even mostly) Republicans now, surely you can name several.
Quick question. Why do people focus on the the politicians instead of the millions of previously Dem voters that switched to the Republican party when someone disputes anyone switched.?

TCOT-Derp-4.jpg

Because a politician's party is known. I would not know how to track reasons of individual citizens' registration changes.

Usually, the "they switched sides" argument is about supposed Democratic lawmakers switching sides because they were racist ... so they switched to the party fighting for civil rights.

P.S. How's life treating you these days? Hope it's still all good and you have a great Xmas.
The GOP has admitted on at least 2 occasions that I know of that the Southern Strategy was real. Also there is no mistaking that the massive voter change in parties did occur with racist Dems moving over to the GOP. Thats documented.

Doing good. How about you?
Happy Kwanzaa

The South was racist across the board back then, Democrat and Republican. It had nothing to do with political party. What would be the point of switching from one set of racists to the other?

Ha! We are actually celebrating on Kwanzaa this year since my niece won't arrive until the 26th. C'mon over. My SIL is an amazing cook!
The point would be that the racists would move to the party which best played to their wishes which was the expected result of the admitted Southern Strategy. It consolidated the voting bloc instead of having it split between 2 parties. Once the coded language was used it was a clear signal to the racists that the GOP was where home and heart lived.

Thats great. I am sure you will enjoy the less consumerist holiday season of Kwanzaa once you experience it.

That just isn't how it worked out down here. The Southern (white) Democrats are still here and still the same, at least in South Louisiana. They still fly their confederate flags just as often as the pubs. Party does not matter to a white man down here when it comes to race. They are the same. Culture and heritage matter. Southern Democrats are Southern Democrats for generations.

The differences now are that BOTH parties are less racist, urban areas that need more govt planning vote Democratic, and more mobility means an influx of different cultures and a dilution of our own. My father is a Democrat because his father was a Democrat. Yankees do not think like that.
----------'
OT: I hate shopping and commercialization of holidays, too. Every holiday is about family, food and gratitude for me. Xmas is a current favorite because my SIL goes all out with a secret theme every year. My niece is the only child, so she gets presents, but most of us adults do not exchange gifts.

TCOT-Derp-4.jpg

TCOT-Derp-4.jpg

Because a politician's party is known. I would not know how to track reasons of individual citizens' registration changes.

Usually, the "they switched sides" argument is about supposed Democratic lawmakers switching sides because they were racist ... so they switched to the party fighting for civil rights.

P.S. How's life treating you these days? Hope it's still all good and you have a great Xmas.
The GOP has admitted on at least 2 occasions that I know of that the Southern Strategy was real. Also there is no mistaking that the massive voter change in parties did occur with racist Dems moving over to the GOP. Thats documented.

Happy Kwanzaa

The South was racist across the board back then, Democrat and Republican. It had nothing to do with political party. What would be the point of switching from one set of racists to the other?

Ha! We are actually celebrating on Kwanzaa this year since my niece won't arrive until the 26th. C'mon over. My SIL is an amazing cook!
The point would be that the racists would move to the party which best played to their wishes which was the expected result of the admitted Southern Strategy. It consolidated the voting bloc instead of having it split between 2 parties. Once the coded language was used it was a clear signal to the racists that the GOP was where home and heart lived.

Thats great. I am sure you will enjoy the less consumerist holiday season of Kwanzaa once you experience it.

That just isn't how it worked out down here. The Southern (white) Democrats are still here and still the same, at least in South Louisiana. They still fly their confederate flags just as often as the pubs. Party does not matter to a white man down here when it comes to race. They are the same. Culture and heritage matter. Southern Democrats are Southern Democrats for generations.

The differences now are that BOTH parties are less racist, urban areas that need more govt planning vote Democratic, and more mobility means an influx of different cultures and a dilution of our own. My father is a Democrat because his father was a Democrat. Yankees do not think like that.
----------'
OT: I hate shopping and commercialization of holidays, too. Every holiday is about family, food and gratitude for me. Xmas is a current favorite because my SIL goes all out with a secret theme every year. My niece is the only child, so she gets presents, but most of us adults do not exchange gifts.
Thats interesting. My mother and my inlaws are from the south and they told me the same thing. Still there is a clear pattern of racists in the south moving to the GOP. From the comments made by the GOP and their admission to the Southern Strategy its clear it was race based. it may not have drawn in every single one of the racists but it did move millions of them to the GOP.

We exchange simple gifts during Kwanzaa. The rule is that it cant cost more than $5.

Good ppint, if the GOP was as racist as the Dimocratic Party there is hardly any reason to switch, were that the case.

But there were differences in that while most whites had views many would call 'bigoted' today and equate that to the racism of Nazi Death Camp Guards, the GOP was at worst bigoted but worked for black equality before the courts and most Dimocrats did not and in fact wanted to maintain racial discriminatory laws and courts in the Jim Crow system that the GOP had worked to dismantle since the end of Reconstruction back in the 1870s.

I agree that's true but definitely concede Asclepias' point that it wasn't Southern politicians (of either party) fighting for civil rights. Civil rights was not a party issue in the South as there was no real difference between parties on that issue.

Hilarious. Dufus who thinks people control the weather calls me ignorant.
You are ignorant because you don't know the difference between weather & climate.
Yeah, that's why every little storm is PROOF! of Gorebal Warming.
Seems to me it is your ilk that has a fit every time it gets cold.
Trump is moving into the White House because America has had enough of your manmade gorebal warming BS.
We will see. It is one thing to talk & another to act. I am afraid the Giant Cheeto will reverse the progress we made & if he does, the Republicans will suffer in 2018. You asshole deniers are in the minority.

I am afraid the Giant Cheeto will reverse the progress we made

What progress have we made? Be specific.

You asshole deniers are in the minority.

Obviously, as shown by the ratification of the Kyoto Treaty in the US Senate during the Clinton presidency.

TCOT-Derp-4.jpg

Happy Kwanzaa

----------'
Thats interesting. My mother and my inlaws are from the south and they told me the same thing. Still there is a clear pattern of racists in the south moving to the GOP. From the comments made by the GOP and their admission to the Southern Strategy its clear it was race based. it may not have drawn in every single one of the racists but it did move millions of them to the GOP.

We exchange simple gifts during Kwanzaa. The rule is that it cant cost more than $5.

I really do get how it appears and understand your position. From my perspective, it is culture and heritage. It is strong family ties and the slow pace (especially to change) of the south.

The North is more about individuals and nuclear family. The South is more about extended family. We still divide our properties so our children build next door. In much of the North (and Canada), it is not legal to divide property like that due to property value decrease, which affects the value of neighboring properties.

We are more likely to keep the religion and political party of our parents. We may not believe it all. We may not follow all of the religion, but we still identify as our parents' religion. We may not vote straight ticket, but we still identify as the party of our parents.

I will say that we view local politics very differently than national/federal. I would agree that a Southern (white) Democrat would he more likely than a Northern Democrat to vote Republican at the federal level, because of military, defense, immigration and foreign affairs.

You are ignorant because you don't know the difference between weather & climate.
Trump is moving into the White House because America has had enough of your manmade gorebal warming BS.
We will see. It is one thing to talk & another to act. I am afraid the Giant Cheeto will reverse the progress we made & if he does, the Republicans will suffer in 2018. You asshole deniers are in the minority.

Obviously, as shown by the ratification of the Kyoto Treaty in the US Senate during the Clinton presidency.

Do your own research instead of just believing the Orange Hack.

US Senate Republicans are the politicians duping your feeble minded ass.

U.S. Concern About Global Warming at Eight-Year High

The arctic was supposed to be ice free by 2013.
Al Gore said it COULD be as soon as ".

You people keep proving that MMGW deniers are dumber than shit.

So Al was WRONG ?????

Wow.

So, you think that if I said you could be bald by the time your 50 you aren't bald until your 54 that it meas I lied?

Really?

If the weatherman says there is a 75 chance of snow tomorrow and it doesn't snow, that he is a liar?

No wonder you voted for rump.

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

Which is why Clinton got Kyoto ratified by the US Senate?

I love how liberals cite global warming with maps that go back 100 years.

Morons, the earth is 4.5 BILLION YEARS OLD. You need to look further back than 100 years to prove ANYTHING. Trends of any meaning would be over tens of millions of years, not 100.

Last edited:
Not this stupid argument again. The racism in the South was regional. Not per political party. All you have to do is look at the vote on the 1964 civil rights act & see the the no votes came from the South & the yes votes from outside the South.

As of today, everyone with a brain knows to which party the racists & bigots primarily belong...The Republicans.
Only one party wants to use skin color to deny people jobs and an education - Democrats.
How?
Oh that's right. Telling people they can't have a job or education because they have white skin is not racist to you moonbats.
Never seen this sign for whites.

blacks-need-not-apply-44029839847.jpeg
Shitforbrains is in denial of affirmative action. What a putz.

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

Back when Republicans actually gave a shit about our country instead of now when they only care about their party?

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

2014 emissions below 2005.

U.S. Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report: 1990-2014 | Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions | US EPA

Only one party wants to use skin color to deny people jobs and an education - Democrats.
How?
Oh that's right. Telling people they can't have a job or education because they have white skin is not racist to you moonbats.

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

Back when Republicans actually gave a shit about our country instead of now when they only care about their party?

When they cared, how many votes did Kyoto get in the US Senate?

Morons, the earth is 4.5 BILLION YEARS OLD. You need to look further back than 100 years to prove ANYTHING.
They start with when there were enough recorded temps.

To say they ignore the older stuff is just you being a dumbass.

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

U.S. Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report: 1990-2014 | Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions | US EPA

Thanks for the link.
What was the largest contribution to this progress since 2005?
What did Obama do to make this progress since 2005 possible?

Morons, the earth is 4.5 BILLION YEARS OLD. You need to look further back than 100 years to prove ANYTHING.
They start with when there were enough recorded temps.

To say they ignore the older stuff is just you being a dumbass.

They do ignore older stuff, because those trends don't show global warming at all. And even if the globe is warming, doesn't mean man caused it.

Game. Set. Match.

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

It was never voted on. No one asked it to. Clinton viewed as a work in progress.

When Bush was elected, the dumbing down of the Republican party was on the path to being anti-science.

When Kyota was signed, global warming was not a partisan issue.

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

Thanks for the link.
Your turn. Why do you think no progress has been made?

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

It was never voted on. No one asked it to. Clinton viewed as a work in progress.

When Bush was elected, the dumbing down of the Republican party was on the path to being anti-science.

When Kyota was signed, global warming was not a partisan issue.

It was never voted on.

It was voted down, 95-0.

When Kyota was signed, global warming was not a partisan issue

I agree, Dems were still concerned about economic impacts at that time.

Do your own research

I'd like to hear yours.

Thanks for the link.
Your turn. Why do you think no progress has been made?

We have made progress. But it was fought by Obama.

Forum List

Back