• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you are a materialist like WB.

How am I a materialist? Have you changed the definition you originally posted?
How are you not one?

YOu defined materialism as "Materialism is a form of philosophical monism which holds that matter is the fundamental substance in nature, and that all things, including mental aspects and consciousness, are results of material interactions". Does that fit my beliefs as I have stated them?
No because you have repeatedly said you believe that there are incorporeal things which did not come from the corporeal such as your lifeforce that you don’t know what it is or where it came from or how you know you have one. You are one confused puppy.

Not at all. I am simply willing to admit that I do not know. If you claim to know, you are confusing knowing with believing.
But you know you have a lifeforce that did not originate from the material world, right?

Do you believe someone who has a lifeforce is an atheist?
You said no one knows what it is, so why are you asking me about it?

He is trying to get people to saying I am not an atheist. As if the opinions of others change what I am. I do not believe in any god or deity.
I am asking people if they believe an atheist can believe that they can have a lifeforce that did not originate from the material world.

I am an atheist. And I have said I believe that. Isn't that an answer to your question?
Who believes he has a lifeforce that did not originate from the material world.

Yes, that is what I have said. And you seem to think that means I am not an atheist.

Although you have said you believe that I believe that there is no god. Which, as we have established, is the definition of an atheist.

How am I a materialist? Have you changed the definition you originally posted?
How are you not one?

YOu defined materialism as "Materialism is a form of philosophical monism which holds that matter is the fundamental substance in nature, and that all things, including mental aspects and consciousness, are results of material interactions". Does that fit my beliefs as I have stated them?
No because you have repeatedly said you believe that there are incorporeal things which did not come from the corporeal such as your lifeforce that you don’t know what it is or where it came from or how you know you have one. You are one confused puppy.

Not at all. I am simply willing to admit that I do not know. If you claim to know, you are confusing knowing with believing.
But you know you have a lifeforce that did not originate from the material world, right?

I believe that there are incorporeal things that did not originate from the corporeal. I have said that over and over. You keep trying to restate what I hav said using different words. You have even claimed to have repeated my words verbatim, when you obviously did not.

How are you not one?

I believe that there are incorporeal things that did not originate from the corporeal. I have said that over and over. You keep trying to restate what I hav said using different words. You have even claimed to have repeated my words verbatim, when you obviously did not.
I said exactly what you said. That you believe you have a lifeforce. That it did not originate from the material world world. What did I get wrong?

How are you not one?

So how is your lifeforce different than a soul?

I am asking people if they believe an atheist can believe that they can have a lifeforce that did not originate from the material world.
How do you conceptualize a “lifeforce”?
Is it a “soul” that is supposed to be separate from the material body?

The definition of lifeforce is the force that animates the soul.

Me personally I believe the soul is our consciousness. The sum of our parts so to speak. Our being.

I said exactly what you said. That you believe you have a lifeforce. That it did not originate from the material world world. What did I get wrong?

When you said "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?" you claimed to have used my words verbatim. That was a lie.

When you said "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?" you claimed to have used my words verbatim. That was a lie.
I wasn’t referring to you. You won’t even go on record to answer the question of if you believe you have a soul or not?

Some believe that their “soul” is their personality, which develops from and is driven by biological energy.

Some believe that their “soul” is their personality, which develops from and is driven by biological energy.
Right. They would be considered materialists or naturalists.

If "lifeforce" is defined as a force that animates a soul, then I do not believe in a lifeforce. But life force (two words) has a different meaning. And I also recall sticking with the phrase "I believe in incorporeal things that do not originate in the corporeal" to avoid such confusion.

How do you define "atheist"?

If "lifeforce" is defined as a force that animates a soul, then I do not believe in a lifeforce. But life force (two words) has a different meaning. And I also recall sticking with the phrase "I believe in incorporeal things that do not originate in the corporeal" to avoid such confusion.
The phrase incorporeal things that do not originate in the corporeal means spirits, WB.

If you don’t believe in spirits then you are a materialist or naturalist.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says Buddhists are wrong. It is not possible for matter and energy to exist forever without reaching thermal equilibrium.
The TLoT says no such thing, but you knew that already. The only temperature at which there is no usable energy to do work, thermal equilibrium, is absolute zero and the 3rd Law says it is impossible to reach absolute zero in the real world.
Thermal equilibrium does not mean absolute zero. Thermal equilibrium means uniform temperature.
thermal equilibrium is the temperature at which there is no usable energy to do work, and that ONLY happens at absolute zero, which is impossible to attain in the real world. But you knew that already!

How do you define "atheist"?
Someone who only believes in the material world.

And a materialist/naturalist is not necessarily a “hard atheist” who believes there is no God or supernatural force.
An agnostic can be considered a “soft atheist” who simply is not a theist.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says Buddhists are wrong. It is not possible for matter and energy to exist forever without reaching thermal equilibrium.
The TLoT says no such thing, but you knew that already. The only temperature at which there is no usable energy to do work, thermal equilibrium, is absolute zero and the 3rd Law says it is impossible to reach absolute zero in the real world.
Thermal equilibrium does not mean absolute zero. Thermal equilibrium means uniform temperature.
thermal equilibrium is the temperature at which there is no usable energy to do work, and that ONLY happens at absolute zero, which is impossible to attain in the real world. But you knew that already!
Nope.

I wasn’t referring to you. You won’t even go on record to answer the question of if you believe you have a soul or not?

Once again, you are lying.

I refer you to Post #932 in the thread asking if Adam was the first human. I asked if you were quoting my words verbatim. You quoted me and said you were, when you were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back