Are Children A Part Of The Gay Marriage Conversation?

To what degree are children a part of the gay-marriage conversation?

• They are THE concern of marriage. Marriage was mainly created for their benefit after all.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Part of the conversation for sure. But in the end the adult civil rights trump them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat part of the conversation, but only a secondary role.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Marriage is for and about adults. Kids will accept what they have to.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
That's because being left handed was a severe handicap. Perhaps the cure was misguided, but malice towards the left-handed wasn't the motivation. We also used to put leaches on people who were ill.

How was it a handicap?

Unless you mean being considered a sign of the devil is a "handicap."

Everything in this world is made for right-handed people. Golf clubs, baseball gloves, guns, cars, etc. It was more-so in the past than it is now.
Agreed. Scissors, hand-shaking, and perhaps the worst when I was growing up, those pop-up small desks in the auditorium we did our standardized testing on....you had to be a contortionist to write left-handed on those things.

St. Patrick's Day occurs every March 17th. That doesn't mean that the Irish are launching a thought control agenda.

But once upon a time, they might have been. Back when there were regularly signs that said, "Irish need not apply."

Do you know that once upon a time, children were not allowed to use their dominant left hand when learning to write? Something changed that.

Sounds like an agenda to me.

It wasn't an agenda. It was an issue of how a leftie dealt with his parents. Homosexuals can tailor their relationship with their own parents as they best see fit, same too with their friends. Forcing me to comply, often under penalty of law, makes me their enemy. If left-handers forced me to comply with their agenda, and used law-fare to do so, they'd be my enemy too,.
Right handed people used to make left-handed people comply or be punished....under shady religious grounds too.

But let me add to your analogy. Are right-handed people trying to keep left-handed people from legally marrying? No? What do you think left-handed people would do, if the right-handed majority was telling them that they were perverted and they should not be allowed legal marriage? Do you think left-handed people would just be quiet...or would they have an "agenda" too?

I don't understand, are you trying to help my argument? Are you saying that the past efforts to force change were correct? That the lefties were not victimized by the mandatory reform effort being imposed on them?

If it's about the kids, same-sex marriage should be encouraged just as much as opposite-sex marriage. All valid studies show that children with same-sex parents fare better or worse than their peers raised by opposite-sex parents.

Children of same-sex couples are happier and healthier than peers research shows - The Washington Post
Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents Gays Lesbians Same-Sex Marriage Advantages of Gay Parenting Gay Adoption
New Study Confirms Same-Sex Couples Make Great Parents ThinkProgress

But, of course, having children or planing to have children--or even being able to have children--is not a prerequisite for obtaining a marriage license in a single state.

Wrong. Those studies are anything but "valid." They are all fatally flawed.

So we should continue to prohibit children from using their dominant left hand, because some agenda informed us that left-handedness is actually perfectly fine? What are you even trying to say?

That the agenda to normalize the perfectly normal orientation of homosexuality is very similar to the agenda to normalize the perfectly normal orientation of left-handedness.

Only many, many people still hate and fear homosexuality, while being fine with left-handedness.

Homosexuality is highly correlated with disease. Over the course of humanity's rise, it would be a survival advantage to not associate with human disease factories. Homosexual avoidance likely has evolutionary advantage.

If it's about the kids, same-sex marriage should be encouraged just as much as opposite-sex marriage. All valid studies show that children with same-sex parents fare better or worse than their peers raised by opposite-sex parents.

Children of same-sex couples are happier and healthier than peers research shows - The Washington Post
Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents Gays Lesbians Same-Sex Marriage Advantages of Gay Parenting Gay Adoption

But, of course, having children or planing to have children--or even being able to have children--is not a prerequisite for obtaining a marriage license in a single state.

Feel free to point out what makes them "fatally flawed." Perhaps you are not aware, but calling something "fatally flawed" and leaving it at that is not actually an argument.

So we should continue to prohibit children from using their dominant left hand, because some agenda informed us that left-handedness is actually perfectly fine? What are you even trying to say?

That the agenda to normalize the perfectly normal orientation of homosexuality is very similar to the agenda to normalize the perfectly normal orientation of left-handedness.

Only many, many people still hate and fear homosexuality, while being fine with left-handedness.

Homosexuality is highly correlated with disease. Over the course of humanity's rise, it would be a survival advantage to not associate with human disease factories. Homosexual avoidance likely has evolutionary advantage.
Lesbians have a lower percentage of disease than straights. Why are you not mentioning that?

Kids are the central focus of marriage. Society subsidizes marriage. I have absolutely zero interest in subsidizing someone's marriage just because they love someone. Love is a personal matter, but social support involves an obligation.

As for pulling kids from homes, we've already gone too far on that front - child social service agents are often causing more family damage than they prevent. Normal parents are better than homosexual parents.

Your bigotry is showing. Perhaps you should tuck it back in.

Normal:

conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
Using precision in language is not an expression of bigotry.
Left handed people are not normal. Blue eyed people are not normal. You have something against them adopting?

Wrong. Blue eyes don't interfere with propagation of the species. Homosexuality does.

Says you....what is the scientific basis of them being flawed? Share that with us.

St. Patrick's Day occurs every March 17th. That doesn't mean that the Irish are launching a thought control agenda.

But once upon a time, they might have been. Back when there were regularly signs that said, "Irish need not apply."

Do you know that once upon a time, children were not allowed to use their dominant left hand when learning to write? Something changed that.

It wasn't an agenda. It was an issue of how a leftie dealt with his parents. Homosexuals can tailor their relationship with their own parents as they best see fit, same too with their friends. Forcing me to comply, often under penalty of law, makes me their enemy. If left-handers forced me to comply with their agenda, and used law-fare to do so, they'd be my enemy too,.
Right handed people used to make left-handed people comply or be punished....under shady religious grounds too.

But let me add to your analogy. Are right-handed people trying to keep left-handed people from legally marrying? No? What do you think left-handed people would do, if the right-handed majority was telling them that they were perverted and they should not be allowed legal marriage? Do you think left-handed people would just be quiet...or would they have an "agenda" too?

I missed this last paragraph somehow.

No one has ever kept homosexuals from marrying. Rock Hudson was married. Dr. Sally Ride was married. Meridth Baxter-Birney was married.

Heterosexuality is highly correlated with disease as well.

Safe sex means everyone.

Kids are the central focus of marriage. Society subsidizes marriage. I have absolutely zero interest in subsidizing someone's marriage just because they love someone. Love is a personal matter, but social support involves an obligation.

As for pulling kids from homes, we've already gone too far on that front - child social service agents are often causing more family damage than they prevent. Normal parents are better than homosexual parents.

Normal:

conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
Left handed people are not normal. Blue eyed people are not normal. You have something against them adopting?

Wrong. Blue eyes don't interfere with propagation of the species. Homosexuality does.
Obviously not, because there are more humans on earth now than ever before in history.

Feel free to point out what makes them "fatally flawed." Perhaps you are not aware, but calling something "fatally flawed" and leaving it at that is not actually an argument.

For one thing, they almost all suffer from self-selection bias. The people doing the studies advertised for participants, and the participants were all volunteers. What do you suppose the odds of a severely dysfunctional gay couple volunteering for such a study are?

So you do realize yo

Then there's the whole issue of how gays the majority of the time role-play "man/woman" when they are in pairs. It's undeniable and a household word "butch/femme". It applies to either male-male or female-female gays. The child then learns that in no way shape or form is "daddy mom" or "mommy dad" able to produce a child with real mommy mom or daddy dad. Then the confusion settles in. Just add adolescence and the top will pop off the steam kettle. I predict more drug addiction, runaways and worse in homes from gays than heteros. Just by virtue of the fact that dysfunctional lying and deception always render out poorly when a child transitions from the "golden years" of blissful ignorance to the hard years of reality in adolescence. It's weird and the kids will fully realize this by the time they're 10. By the time they're 18 they will be a mess. And that's in the best of conditions otherwise.

I've seen it multiple times. Remember, I lived around the Bay Area California.

Umm.... No.

In fact, Children from gay parents are healthlier than children from straight parents.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of your homophobia.

Normal:

Obviously not, because there are more humans on earth now than ever before in history.

That doesn't prove your point. The species manages to propagate despite homosexuality, not because of it.

No one has ever kept homosexuals from marrying. Rock Hudson was married. Dr. Sally Ride was married. Meridth Baxter-Birney was married.
How many times does this failed argument have to refuted? Interracial marriage bans prohibited a black person from marrying a white person. But nobody was kept from marrying, because everybody could still marry someone of their same race, right?

So you do realize yo

Then there's the whole issue of how gays the majority of the time role-play "man/woman" when they are in pairs. It's undeniable and a household word "butch/femme". It applies to either male-male or female-female gays. The child then learns that in no way shape or form is "daddy mom" or "mommy dad" able to produce a child with real mommy mom or daddy dad. Then the confusion settles in. Just add adolescence and the top will pop off the steam kettle. I predict more drug addiction, runaways and worse in homes from gays than heteros. Just by virtue of the fact that dysfunctional lying and deception always render out poorly when a child transitions from the "golden years" of blissful ignorance to the hard years of reality in adolescence. It's weird and the kids will fully realize this by the time they're 10. By the time they're 18 they will be a mess. And that's in the best of conditions otherwise.

I've seen it multiple times. Remember, I lived around the Bay Area California.

Umm.... No.

In fact, Children from gay parents are healthlier than children from straight parents.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of your homophobia.

Horseshit.

That's because being left handed was a severe handicap. Perhaps the cure was misguided, but malice towards the left-handed wasn't the motivation. We also used to put leaches on people who were ill.

How was it a handicap?

Unless you mean being considered a sign of the devil is a "handicap."

Everything in this world is made for right-handed people. Golf clubs, baseball gloves, guns, cars, etc. It was more-so in the past than it is now.
Agreed. Scissors, hand-shaking, and perhaps the worst when I was growing up, those pop-up small desks in the auditorium we did our standardized testing on....you had to be a contortionist to write left-handed on those things.
So now we're back onto the "born that way" false premise again. You guys just recycle through this stuff over and over and over. Whatever works at the moment...at the time. Snow job. Smoke and mirrors. Fake it till you make it. Isn't that the plan?

How many times does this failed argument have to refuted? interracial marriage bans prohibited a black person from marrying a white person. But nobody was kept from marrying, because everybody could still marry someone of their same race, right?

The term "gay marriage" is an oxymoron. Marriage is a union between people of the opposite sex. No amount of propaganda or verbal legerdemain can change that.

Forum List

Back