Are conservatives smarter than liberals?

liberals never use their brain- they use emotion.

That's a very eomtional and entirely irrational claim.

It lso does not explain why people so obviously so much smarter than you are so often be liberal. And yet you know that this is very often the case, right?

Last edited:
liberals never use their brain- they use emotion.

That's a very eomtional and entirely irrational claim.

It lso does not explain why people so obviously so much smarter than you could so often be liberal. And yet you know that this is very often the case, right?

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Saigon, I think the main difference between liberals and conservatives is self awareness. Liberals examine their own beliefs and that helps moderate and evolve their positions. I don't see that from the right. The right is driven by doctrinaire that requires them to not seek the truth, instead they search for ammo to support that doctrinaire.

I remember reading this observation from Mitsu Hadeishi shortly after 9/11...

October 16, 2001

What's truly ironic about this whole war is that the conservatives in our country do not seem to realize that the Taliban is simply an extreme version of the same primal impulse that drives them.

In every population there is a distribution of conservative to progressive, aggressive to peaceful, etc. The famous classical game theoretic model, the Hawk-Dove contest, shows that the evolutionarily stable population in that model is not all hawks or all doves, but rather a certain degree of each; in that model, 58% "doves" and 42% "hawks". It stands to reason that it is expected that you will have both types of personality in your population. Similarly, I believe a stable distribution of political sensibility is probably one with both progressive and conservative elements.

Of course, it's funny how the same personality type seems to latch on to radically different ideas depending on the society. "Conservatives" here profess a belief in capitalism and extol the virtues of the good old days of the 1950's, a half century ago; "conservatives" in Russia pine for the bygone days of the stability of the old Soviet empire. I believe that the propensity in conservatives is not towards ideologies per se, but rather towards status quo versus change. I'd bet you'd find much more psychologically (and perhaps genetically?) similar between conservatives here and in Russia, despite the fact that they profess supposedly opposite nostalgias.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances. Thus I believe it is important not to choose one's strategy based solely on whether it is conservative or radical, or solely based on whether it is aggressive or passive. I'd rather not be a hawk or a dove; I want to choose my strategy depending on the situation at hand. I believe in situational politics. The only strategy I think I can safely say I universally disdain is the totalizing strategy: trying to impose a single, cookie cutter approach on everyone and on every situation. Instead, I believe it is best to choose the strategy depending on circumstances, using both compassion and pragmatism, with a healthy dose of self-skepticism.

Only the shallow know themselves.
Oscar Wilde

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances

This is a terrific sentence, and I couldn't agree more.

I think it applies very well to the Tea Party attitude towards both Democrats in genera and Obama specifically, but also to climate change science and issues where extremely right wing people establish their views not based on principles, but based on hostile opposition to an 'other'.

We see this so often on this board where conservatives attack anything Obama does, not because they believe it to be wrong, but because Obama exists as some kind of amorphous enemy who must be defeated.. It's like they are playing a computer game against some ogre whose every word and move must be immediately silenced or cancelled out.

It is a strange and very sad way to see the world, and I hope we don't see more on the left try to copy it the next time there is a Republican in the White House.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances

I think it applies very well to the Tea Party attitude towards both Democrats in genera and Obama specifically, but also to climate change science and issues where extremely right wing people establish their views not based on principles, but based on hostile opposition to an 'other'.

We see this so often on this board where conservatives attack anything Obama does, not because they believe it to be wrong, but because Obama exists as some kind of amorphous enemy who must be defeated.. It's like they are playing a computer game against some ogre whose every word and move must be immediately silenced or cancelled out.

It is a strange and very sad way to see the world, and I hope we don't see more on the left try to copy it the next time there is a Republican in the White House.

Yes one far left poster agreeing with another far left poster proving that they are here to push an agenda no matter how from reality it exists..

Yes one far left poster agreeing with another far left poster proving that they are here to push an agenda no matter how from reality it exists..

I will try just this once to address you as an adult...

Seeing "reality" and understanding "reality" is paramount to solving problems and moving this nation in a positive direction.

Prime example...health care in America.

In 2008 BOTH parties and BOTH candidates for the White House identified our health care system was broken. It was eating up way too much of our resources and put America at a huge disadvantage in the world marketplace. BOTH parties and candidates proposed health care reform if elected. Yet when Obama was elected, Republicans decided that our broken health care system that was causing harm to We, the People was not as important as destroying a Democratic President.

THAT is an agenda that can only be described as domestic terrorism.

The truth of the matter is you folks on the right want nothing but failure for ANYTHING that is attached to Obama or Democrats. Even a health care law that is almost 100% conservative based in design.

You will stoop to any level, including 'insurgency'...

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

Seeing "reality" and understanding "reality" is paramount to solving problems and moving this nation in a positive direction.

In 2008 BOTH parties and BOTH candidates for the White House identified our health care system was broken. It was eating up way too much of our resources and put America at a huge disadvantage in the world marketplace. BOTH parties and candidates proposed health care reform if elected. Yet when Obama was elected, Republicans decided that our broken health care system that was causing harm to We, the People was not as important as destroying a Democratic President.

The truth of the matter is you folks on the right want nothing but failure for ANYTHING that is attached to Obama or Democrats. Even a health care law that is almost 100% conservative based in design.

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Another far left posters showing that they are irony impaired.

Then posts more debunked far left propaganda as well as far left blog piece as "fact". All of which has been debunked many times already. Yet they keep posting it.

Really need to talk your programmers about this irony impairment problem..

Just more proof that the far left would much rather watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

zoyqE.jpg

Then posts more debunked far left propaganda as well as far left blog piece as "fact". All of which has been debunked many times already. Yet they keep posting it.

Just more proof that the far left would much rather watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!

Just as I expected...an empty reply from an empty vessel...

You're desperate...

The Conservative donates their money...

The Liberal donates the Taxpayers money...

That is not true.
Cons and Libs equally give donations. Just to different types of charities.
When it's a big natural disaster both give.

Oh that is no where NEAR true... it's not even a debatable point. This has been studied to death and the Ideological Left is amongst the most stingy organism on earth.

To even try and suggest otherwise is ludicrous, to the point of presenting delusion.

One doesn't become second only to DISEASE as the most lethal threat to humanity, having murdered 100 million people IN PEACETIME in JUST THE LAST CENTURY ALONE, as the Ideological Left has did AND be known for one's financial generosity... .

Your Ideology rests ENTIRELY upon the premise that YOU DESERVE EQUAL POSSESSIONS< WEALTH< AND HEALTH WITH EVERYONE ELSE... and this without regard to ANY SENSE of responsibility for your having FAILED TO EARN ANY OF IT.

That is sociopathy on a grand scale and there one glaring trait of the sociopath is its disregard for the well being of anything else, other than itself.

You don't know what you are talking about. Trying to bolster it with hyperbole and bluster makes you look foolish.

And the 100 million murdered must be from believing morons like Jonah Goldberg.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

Well, if the history of the Ideological Left was not one born from "The Terror"... and which carried through the Russian purge, the Stalinist purge, the Fascist Purge, the Maoist purge, the communist purges in SE Asia, the bulk of which all took place in periods of PEACE... MAN WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN A GREAT POINT!

Sadly, Left-think is second only to disease in terms of human lethality.

But... in this discussion of the intellectual limitations of the Ideological Left... I wantcha to know that I REALLY appreciate your demonstration of such, through your denial of the undeniable.

THIS Mao?
mao.jpeg

What Mao Zedong said about liberalism

"Liberalism is extremely harmful in a revolutionary collective. It is a corrosive which eats away unity, undermines cohesion, causes apathy and creates dissension.

It robs the revolutionary ranks of compact organization and strict discipline, prevents policies from being carried through and alienates the Party organizations from the masses which the Party leads"
Combat Liberalism

THIS Hitler??

adolf_hitler_biography_4.jpg

"Today Christians stand at the head of our country. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity... We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past few years."

Adolf Hitler
The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872.

The above post needs to be bumped and bumped every time one of the Crazy Right Wing wants to comport Liberalism with Communism, Marxism, Fascism and each and every despot who committed mass murder.

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

zoyqE.jpg

Just as I expected...an empty reply from an empty vessel...

So you admit that you posted known far left programmed propaganda and wanted others to prove you wrong!

That is not true.

Oh that is no where NEAR true... it's not even a debatable point. This has been studied to death and the Ideological Left is amongst the most stingy organism on earth.

To even try and suggest otherwise is ludicrous, to the point of presenting delusion.

One doesn't become second only to DISEASE as the most lethal threat to humanity, having murdered 100 million people IN PEACETIME in JUST THE LAST CENTURY ALONE, as the Ideological Left has did AND be known for one's financial generosity... .

Your Ideology rests ENTIRELY upon the premise that YOU DESERVE EQUAL POSSESSIONS< WEALTH< AND HEALTH WITH EVERYONE ELSE... and this without regard to ANY SENSE of responsibility for your having FAILED TO EARN ANY OF IT.

That is sociopathy on a grand scale and there one glaring trait of the sociopath is its disregard for the well being of anything else, other than itself.

You don't know what you are talking about. Trying to bolster it with hyperbole and bluster makes you look foolish.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.

Well, if the history of the Ideological Left was not one born from "The Terror"... and which carried through the Russian purge, the Stalinist purge, the Fascist Purge, the Maoist purge, the communist purges in SE Asia, the bulk of which all took place in periods of PEACE... MAN WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN A GREAT POINT!

But... in this discussion of the intellectual limitations of the Ideological Left... I wantcha to know that I REALLY appreciate your demonstration of such, through your denial of the undeniable.

THIS Mao?
mao.jpeg

"Liberalism is extremely harmful in a revolutionary collective. It is a corrosive which eats away unity, undermines cohesion, causes apathy and creates dissension.

It robs the revolutionary ranks of compact organization and strict discipline, prevents policies from being carried through and alienates the Party organizations from the masses which the Party leads"
Combat Liberalism

THIS Hitler??

"Today Christians stand at the head of our country. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity... We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past few years."

Adolf Hitler
The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872.

The above post needs to be bumped and bumped every time one of the Crazy Right Wing wants to comport Liberalism with Communism, Marxism, Fascism and each and every despot who committed mass murder.

Gee what a surprise a far left poster that does not know what the words in the post they quoted means except as it is defined by their far left programming!

That is not true.

THIS Mao?
mao.jpeg

Combat Liberalism

THIS Hitler??

Adolf Hitler

why? Did Hitler act like a Christian as prescribed by their directives in the new testament? If not shut the fuck up

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

zoyqE.jpg

In reference to the above bolded item, please show where they defined the issue (how was it broken) and what metrics they said would be monitored...and what constituted success.

Saying it's broken is an easy campaign slogan. Neither party really seems to understand our health care system.

Also, can we please address the "you can keep your doctor or your plan if you like them" mess ? And calling something a junk plan is a non-starter. Even if they were junk (which many were not), the promise was that you could still keep it. The issue was the promise...not the plan.

Looking forward it.

THIS Mao?
mao.jpeg

Combat Liberalism

THIS Hitler??

Adolf Hitler

Gee what a surprise a far left poster that does not know what the words in the post they quoted means except as it is defined by their far left programming!

Well golly gee, all those Poli Sci Courses and yet I do not know anything but leftist propaganda. Maybe Kosh will take the time to educate me by:

Comparing and contrasting Nazi Fascism with the Fascism which developed in South America. Mao's brand of Communism with that of Lenin and each with the horrors of Idi Amin and the Khmer rouge. In particular, point out the commonalities of each and comport them to the current Obama Administration.

Since President Obama is commonly characterized as tyrannical by the Crazy New Right (of which you are a member) you should have no problem educating me and others that my opinion (that the New Right is Crazy) is wrong.

Since Kosh is so very sure of himself, so much so that he can characterize me and others as brainwashed by leftist propaganda, I would expect he would have responded with a few bullet points of proof by now, proof that he is not only a member of the Crazy Right Wing but also proof he is not callow.

Maybe one of the other members of the CRW will respond for the pusillanimous Kosh, how about you BigReb?

Last edited:

THIS Mao?
mao.jpeg

Combat Liberalism

THIS Hitler??

Adolf Hitler

Well golly gee, all those Poli Sci Courses and yet I do not know anything but leftist propaganda. Maybe Kosh will take the time to educate me by:

Comparing and contrasting Nazi Fascism with the Fascism which developed in South America. Mao's brand of Communism with that of Lenin and each with the horrors of Idi Amin and the Khmer rouge. In particular, point out the commonalities of each and comport them to the current Obama Administration.

Since President Obama is commonly characterized as tyrannical by the Crazy New Right (of which you are a member) you should have no problem educating me and others that my opinion (that the New Right is Crazy) is wrong.

ROFL!

I guess I will never tire of watching Leftists grope for validation through the attempt to show VAST distinctions in their various 'movements', of which there is not a scintilla of difference.

Liberalism is to progressivism, what progressivism is to fascism and fascism is to socialism what socialism is to communism... they are all the result of the respective culture's lowest common denominators, the least capable intellects, the least able producers, who need to blame others for their own, self-induced deficiencies pursuing power through illicit, dishonorable means; it is precisely what reason requires the Relativist MUST DO!

Down is up, Right is Wrong, Truth is False, black is white and wet is dry... .

It is evil and it always does the same dam' thing!

Now, allow me to demonstrate:

When obama spoke publicly for the first time since Gruber's video wherein he professed to the treachery that was used to construct and pass obamacare; Gruber, who the record CLEARLY establishes was well known to obama and who worked closely with obama on this... these facts are undeniable... did obama speak honestly and did his response in any way reflect the truth? Or did he d as he always does and set one lie on top of the next, to merely establish a story line set to the OBVIOUS deceit intrinsic to the rationalization which seeks to exploit: THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, BY THE LEAST CAPABLE, LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATORS?

Simple stuff...

THIS Mao?
mao.jpeg

Combat Liberalism

THIS Hitler??

Adolf Hitler

ROFL!

I guess I will never tire of watching Leftists grope for validation through the attempt to show VAST distinctions in their various 'movements', of which there is not a scintilla of difference.

Liberalism is to progressivism, what progressivism is to fascism and fascism is to socialism what socialism is to communism... they are all the result of the respective culture's lowest common denominators, the least capable intellects, the least able producers, who need to blame others for their own, self-induced deficiencies pursuing power through illicit, dishonorable means; it is precisely what reason requires the Relativist MUST DO!

When obama spoke publicly for the first time since Gruber's video wherein he professed to the treachery that was used to construct and pass obamacare; Gruber, who the record CLEARLY establishes was well known to obama and who worked closely with obama on this... these facts are undeniable... did obama speak honestly and did his response in any way reflect the truth? Or did he d as he always does and set one lie on top of the next, to merely establish a story line set to the OBVIOUS deceit intrinsic to the rationalization which seeks to exploit: THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, BY THE LEAST CAPABLE, LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATORS?

Simple stuff...

You're funny, yes in both meanings of the word. Had you spoken the words written above one might perceive you as scitzophrenic, lucky you have a track record and most will see them as perfidious

THIS Mao?
mao.jpeg

Combat Liberalism

THIS Hitler??

Adolf Hitler

ROFL!

Simple stuff...

You're funny, yes in both meanings of the word. Had you spoken the words written above one might perceive you as scitzophrenic, lucky you have a track record and most will see them as perfidious

In Bold above are my remarks to kosh and bigreb, remarks you tried to censor by posting nonsense.

In Bold above are my remarks to kosh and bigreb, remarks you tried to censor by posting nonsense.

LOL! So.. ya highlighted that didja?

Well... what can be said of an argument wherein irrelevance is central to the point?

ROFLMNAO!

You truly are doin' the best you can, aren't ya scamp?

Oh! Now THAT is fascinatin'.

Would you do the board a solid and take a moment to offer up just one or two examples of the "Principles" to which you feel Left-think adheres?

I ask because it is my position that Left-think rests entirely; which is to say EXCLUSIVELY upon Relativism and as such, that Left-think is thoroughly UN-PRINCIPLED; meaning that because of that, you will be unable to offer so much as a single example of a valid principle which you can show to be in ANY WAY affiliated with so much as a single premise common to Left-think.

But... because I am ALL ABOUT the Fairness, I wanted to give YOU the opportunity to PROVE IT!

Now.... let's see how ya do.

Last edited:
In 2008 BOTH parties and BOTH candidates for the White House identified our health care system was broken.

In 2008, both candidates were Progressives... so it follows that both candidates were employing the fundamental elements of socialism, which as you've been informed are Deceit and Fraud as a means to influence the Ignorant.

The only thing 'broken' about the US Healthcare System, are those things which has resulted from Federal and State policy, which was implemented by the Ideological Left. Remove those policies and the US Healthcare system will heal IMMEDIATELY.

Just as where one tries to double down on the policies that BROKE the SYSTEM, one can rest assured that such will ONLY MAKE THE SYSTEM WORSE; thus the perfection which is realized as socialist policy damages a system, made worse by socialist 'fixes'... and as those who broke it harp incessantly on the unenviable results of their work to blame those who opposed them AND their policy, demanding that MORE OF THAT WHICH BROKE IT, SHOULD BE APPLIED TO 'FIX IT!', we see the system driven further into chaos.

But hey... such is the nature of evil, right? So it makes sense that you'd be here to lie and deceive as a means defraud and corrupt the ignorant.

Forum List

Back