Are democrats for more drilling of fossil fuels to bring down prices or not?

Your conclusion must be that they were juggling the numbers for political reasons.

In fact, it was always denied by America's leaders that the wars in the ME were for oil. Imagine trying to pass that excuse off now!
Nah, my conclusion is that it is a trick question. More drilling is necessary to just continue the same level of production because our inventory of producing wells simply produce less and less every day. I support more drilling for that reason among others. Our production level doesn't effect oil prices the way that OPEC+'s production does.

It's a question of being damned if you do and damned if you don't.

But the reality of the climate change phenomenon is dictating that we need to face the pain of dramatically reducing the use of fossil fuels.

Let's not allow this thread to turn into profanity and childish spamming in the way the cat paranormal thread ended up!
If we must reduce the use of fossil fuels, why is the largest heavy industry in the world increasing it's use of fossil fuels. Renewables are increasing use and dependence on fossil fuels.

Ya don't say?

In conjunction with draining our oil reserves.

Forgetting the fact that we were energy independent a couple years ago

But...
I would suggest that America was never oil independent, and recent evidence seems to back that up.
But, we're not really 'reducing...we are simply deferring to a suicidal plan.
Suicidal is a little over the top, but there's probably some truth that Biden creating a shortfall will cause some pain. However, there is a nearly unanimous feeling among sciientists that the pain must come.
You people are retarded.
You don't get a rational discussion when you turn to that sort of behaviour.

Why do you do that? Are you feeling inadequate on keeping it rational?

The Biden admin ONLY controls oil prices when they drop…not when they rise.

What a fraud.

HE TOLD THE WORLD WE ARE GOING TO FILL THE STRATEGIC RESERVE WHEN OIL HITS $60/ barrel. :auiqs.jpg:

How is that going to happen?

It's a question of being damned if you do and damned if you don't.

But the reality of the climate change phenomenon is dictating that we need to face the pain of dramatically reducing the use of fossil fuels.

Let's not allow this thread to turn into profanity and childish spamming in the way the cat paranormal thread ended up!
There are many reasonable ways to reduce use. The Left has chosen the most socially and economically upsetting ways to do it.

When we were producing and the Reserve was full, and prices were below $2 and we were sellers of our excess...that was not the case. Poopeypants started the whole thing by restricting our production and buying from Russia, allowing Putin to fund his war. It all starts with the US remember?
We have always produced oil. Prices dropped below 2 dollar because of the pandemic not because of our level of oil production. We are still energy independent.

Weekly U.S. Imports of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels per Day)

I would suggest that America was never oil independent, and recent evidence seems to back that up.

Suicidal is a little over the top, but there's probably some truth that Biden creating a shortfall will cause some pain. However, there is a nearly unanimous feeling among sciientists that the pain must come.

There is not a rational thought coming from any corner of the energy/climate change conversation.

If we must reduce the use of fossil fuels, why is the largest heavy industry in the world increasing it's use of fossil fuels. Renewables are increasing use and dependence on fossil fuels.
At least you ask questions, and that's a lot better than spam and profanity!

Your premise is not entirely correct but granted it is partially correct.

Has the world reduced it's dependence on fossil fuels overall? Are you interested enough to find out?

There are many reasonable ways to reduce use. The Left has chosen the most socially and economically upsetting ways to do it.
That could contain some truth. I don't have confidence in much that's done in America by now.

Do you have some examples?

Not since before 1960. Americans love conflating everything. Energy independence is not the same as oil independence. On paper, our NG exports are greater than our crude oil imports. It is an entirely meaningless statistic to the price of oil or gasoline.

Not since before 1960. Americans love conflating everything. Energy independence is not the same as oil independence. On paper, our NG exports are greater than our crude oil imports. It is an entirely meaningless statistic to the price of oil or gasoline.
Yes, there was a lot of false rhetoric being depended upon to pull the wool over the world's eyes on the real reason for all of America's ME wars.

Now in fact, Russia's actions have brought the truth home with the chickens.

Yes, there was a lot of false rhetoric being depended upon to pull the wool over the world's eyes on the real reason for all of America's ME wars.

Now in fact, Russia's actions have brought the truth home with the chickens.

The world is full of grazing sheep who don't care. We didn't build the world we live in but that doesn't mean we should forget how we got here.

Long version

That could contain some truth. I don't have confidence in much that's done in America by now.

Do you have some examples?
Mainly the focus on green energy production to the exclusion of any other solution that involves conservation or wise use of energy.

First off all petroleum that gets pumped out of the ground is not the same. Sure most of it contains some amount of gasoline but then the remaining bitumen is what produces the many products we use everywhere from paint to vitamins, lubricants, and plastics. Some bitumen are more in demand than others and of course cost more....Oil Sands bitumen (using keystone pipeline) is low dollar...bitumen coming from off the coast of South America and Africa is high dollar.

Gulf of Mexico bitumen is mid low range...often below regular market but close.

But more independent than say...the president running through our war reserves and begging for production hikes...right?

Would ya say that?

Suicidal is a little over the top, but there's probably some truth that Biden creating a shortfall will cause some pain. However, there is a nearly unanimous feeling among sciientists that the pain must com
Oh it is? Well hopefully we can reengage when the US is locked in a giant war with Russia, and or China and we require those reserves to keep the infrastructure functioning.

FFS.

Don't take it personal.

I can't stand "my party is always correct" types.

I feel like a cop standing in a doorway talking to a woman with a drunk husband, a black eye, and split lip as how she 'fell'.

The Republicrats are equally as repugnant.

Pitiful, abused, drones.

It is confusing to say the least. On the one hand, you had Joe Biden during the election promising to end fossil fuels. However, when gas prices start to go up, Biden demands oil companies start producing more fossil fuels and is on his knees to OPEC begging them not to reduce supply, but fails to convince OPEC not to reduce supply, like he fails with everything else.

Then Biden's propagandist, Pierre, also gets caught in the same trap. She first tried to act like she had no recollection that Biden had ever said he was going to end fossil fuels, even though she herself said in June that the administration still intended to end U.S. reliance on fossil fuels.

But that is just it, democrats are unable to tell the truth, for if they did, no one would ever vote for them

Ever.

If you bring prices down, drilling and exploration will stop.

Forum List

Back