Are Near Death Experiences And Views Of Heaven True?

I'd say that the most impressive accounts are people who were blind at birth who can see during their NDE for the first time, only to return blind again.

People Born Blind Can See During a Near-Death Experience
Now...come on. You dont believe this, right?

Well what reaction would you have to someone who was blind since birth coming back to life telling you, not only what it is like to see, but describing what they saw in and around the event accurately even though they were clinically dead.

I'd say that the most impressive accounts are people who were blind at birth who can see during their NDE for the first time, only to return blind again.

Well what reaction would you have to someone who was blind since birth coming back to life telling you, not only what it is like to see, but describing what they saw in and around the event accurately even though they were clinically dead.
That it is a dream state...a hallucination....a somewhat false memory, of course. Many blind people, and specifically those blonded by an optics nerve defect, still form "images" in their brains.

Colton Burpo, when he was age 4, appendix burst and he nearly died during surgery. Afterward, he had these vivid and colorful descriptions of a place he visited. He said he visited heaven Afterward, his story took off and struck a chord with religious people because of the child's uplifting religious story and wanting to know more about the afterlife. His story became a best-selling book which in-turn became a successful movie. Afterward, a boy named Alex Malarkey, also claimed he visited heaven and had a book written on his experience. However, he revealed later that it was a lie.

Are any of these to be believed? Certainly, Alex Malarkey's story was recanted by the story teller himself, so it needs to be discarded. What about Colton Burpo's story about his near-death experience? He came out and reaffirmed his story after Malarkey's story was recanted. Credible and authoritative Christian websites, such as Answers in Genesis, states that Colton Burpo's Heaven is Real story was part of a young boy's imagination and dream.

They state, "In recent years, Christian booksellers have inundated the evangelical world with testimonies from people who say they visited heaven in near-death experiences. Their stories are full of specific details about what heaven is like, who is there, and what is happening in the celestial realm. But when we compare their claims with Scripture, it becomes clear that they are merely figments of the human imagination, not true visions of heaven as it is described in God’s Word.

The best known of all these tales, Heaven Is for Real,1 was a major motion picture, released in April 2014. It is the story of Colton Burpo, whose parents believe he visited heaven when he was just four—during surgery after a burst appendix nearly took his life. Colton’s descriptions of heaven are full of fanciful features and peculiar details that bear all the earmarks of a child’s vivid imagination. There’s nothing transcendent or even particularly enlightening about Colton’s heaven. It is completely devoid of the breathtaking glory featured in every biblical description of the heavenly realm."

Thus, Colton's story does not back up what the Bible states. He may have believed he was truthful as a little boy describing his dream, but its contents not real and imaginary. Thus, near death experiences may have been imaginary, too. If they are imaginary, then there is less evidence for the afterlife. This is not to say that the afterlife doesn't exist, but what we experience is imaginary or a dream.

The glories of heaven are still glorious, as explained in the AIG article, but none of us have seen or visited heaven just yet.

Are Visits to Heaven for Real?

What do you think?

You may be interested Googling the story and art work of Akiane Kramarik. Many who report experiences/visions of heaven have dramatically altered their own lives to the extent it is noticeable to others. How many dreams and hallucinations are capable of that? (I don't know, perhaps there are studies.) There are credible NDE's, visions, and even of ghostly appearances. Perhaps there is something beyond worth careful consideration.

(Also keep in mind that anything paranormal can be used as an attention gaining device. Just because only a few stories are true, will not make them all true.)
not credible...NDEs are just that--they are near death--nothing else
ghost?
prove any of this

That it is a dream state...a hallucination....a somewhat false memory, of course. Many blind people, and specifically those blonded by an optics nerve defect, still form "images" in their brains.

More bullshit from the provocateurs of religion to continue bilking $68 BILLION PER YEAR from Americans.

How Do Blind People Picture Reality?

How Do Blind People Picture Reality?

A better question would be, how can a blind person describe what it is like to see for the first time in their lives since they have been blind since birth, but only after being revived from death? Moreover, how can they tell other people what was going on around them via conversations and actions in detail when they were clinically thought dead.

A better question would be, how can a blind person describe what it is like to see for the first time in their lives since they have been blind since birth, but only after being revived from death
One little problem...their descriptions are still flawed and contain the omissions one would expect from a blind person who is describing something seen by their "mind's eye". As one would expect, the sources trying to convince others that these aremagical events leave out these details.

A better question would be, how can a blind person describe what it is like to see for the first time in their lives since they have been blind since birth, but only after being revived from death
One little problem...their descriptions are still flawed and contain the omissions one would expect from a blind person who is describing something seen by their "mind's eye". As one would expect, the sources trying to convince others that these aremagical events leave out these details.

Near death experience is a misnomer. Most, if not all, the valid experiences occur during clinical death. People recall hovering over the scene, as an observer, watching the attempts to bring them back to life. They describe a bright light that they are strongly drawn to. Some see relatives that have died years before.

Are they real? I believe they are. You can believe whatever you want, because there is little evidence either way. One returnee did tell an attendant where his dropped pen got to, and he was covered with a sheet when the pen was dropped.

Some surgeons are so sure that these experiences are real that they place objects around the operating room to see if they are seen by a spirit hovering overhead.

Near death experience is a misnomer. Most, if not all, the valid experiences occur during clinical death. People recall hovering over the scene, as an observer, watching the attempts to bring them back to life. They describe a bright light that they are strongly drawn to. Some see relatives that have died years before.

Are they real? I believe they are. You can believe whatever you want, because there is little evidence either way. One returnee did tell an attendant where his dropped pen got to, and he was covered with a sheet when the pen was dropped.

Some surgeons are so sure that these experiences are real that they place objects around the operating room to see if they are seen by a spirit hovering overhead.

What about hovering into another room where they should have had no idea what was done or said?

There is also still the issue of being able to see for the first time

That is not explainable.

What about hovering into another room where they should have had no idea what was done or said?

There is also still the issue of being able to see for the first time

That is not explainable.

Our spirit would not be handicapped by damage to the body. Blind people would only be blind while in their human body.

People are easily fooled. People lie, and peiple make mistakes. During none of tues eexperiences was there dtected "brain death", nor has any person diagnosed with brain death or a nearly identical state EVER recovered or has ever related any thoughts or memories.

The evidence ALL shows that ALL of this is physical phenomenon within the brain. All of it. Therefore it is much more rational to believe, for instance, that the own-dropping surgeon is lying or mistaken, than it is to be live that something magical happened.

You be live this stuff because you WANT it to be true. If you dont believe me, then compare your suspension of incredulity in this area of ideas to your lack of the same suspension when it comes to talking houseplants, or visions of Zoroaster, or claims of telekinesis.

I'm psychic. I can prove it. Simply by placing my hands of the computer monitor, I have determined that you are a Trump supporter!

People are easily fooled. People lie, and peiple make mistakes. During none of tues eexperiences was there dtected "brain death", nor has any person diagnosed with brain death or a nearly identical state EVER recovered or has ever related any thoughts or memories.

The evidence ALL shows that ALL of this is physical phenomenon within the brain. All of it. Therefore it is much more rational to believe, for instance, that the own-dropping surgeon is lying or mistaken, than it is to be live that something magical happened.

You be live this stuff because you WANT it to be true. If you dont believe me, then compare your suspension of incredulity in this area of ideas to your lack of the same suspension when it comes to talking houseplants, or visions of Zoroaster, or claims of telekinesis.

Clinically dead and brain dead are two separate issues. Clinically dead is when the heart stops beating and breathing ceases. Sans medical intervention biological death occurs about 4 to 6 minutes after clinical death. With cpr and/or mechanical means of maintaining blood flow and breathing, biological death can be avoided for 25 to 30 minutes.

There is no evidence to show this is just a brain fart. However, there is some evidence to show that the out of body experience is just that, an out of body experience. I have been to a few rodeos, and I am not easily impressed. Nor, do I believe much of anything just because I want to believe it. And, I rarely disbelieve something just because it is convenient to my ideology to do so

Out of body experiences predate modern medicine .

Forum List

Back