🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Are Protestants part of the Catholic Church?

I do as well..

I knew something was very disturbingly wrong in the Church, but whne I read up on Bishop Lefebvre, it was like a light bulb went off in my head.. and the pieces of a puzzle began to appear so I could put the great puzzle in my mind together.. see the big picture..

It's diabolical what happened to the Catholic Church at Vatican II (and continuing).. and I don't see certain things getting any better any time soon. In fact, I say they get worse.
Unfortunately I fear you are right.

what's the main reason u say that?

francis?

But he wouldn't have been elected had the "Church" not been corrupt long b4 he was.. Again, Vatican II.. disaster..
Remember I am not a Catholic and pay little attention to the Catholic Church so I can’t say I have studied Vatican II enough to make an informed comment.

I do notice that recent scandals have hurt the Catholic Church which I consider a shame. I also notice that attendance in Protestant churches is down. Our world seems to be a far more nasty place today than it was when church was more popular. I grew up in the 1950s and 60s and things have changed a lot over the years since then.

I found these articles interesting.

***snip***

People commonly rail against the Church itself for this, complaining is that it should change and 'keep up with the times' - but this is the exact opposite of what needs to be done. Instead of conforming to the whims of society, a better solution for the Church is to encourage society to adapt to the teachings of Christ.

The liberalization of the Church has not worked well in the past. As Gallup first reported in 2009, the steepest decline in church attendance among U.S. Catholics occurred between the 1950s and 1970s, when the percentage saying they had attended church in the past seven days fell by more than 20 percentage points. It then fell an average of four points per decade through the mid-1990s before stabilizing in the mid-2000s.
…emphasis added

But of course to be fair church attendance was hurt by the COVID pandemic.

Does Jesus approve of calling the leaders of the church, "Father". Matthew 23:9

"Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. Matthew 23:9
Few Christians today actually see God as their literal Father as Christ revealed Him to be.

God is my Father and I'm very proud that He calls me a son.

All true Christians should embrace that relationship

Remember I am not a Catholic and pay little attention to the Catholic Church so I can’t say I have studied Vatican II enough to make an informed comment.

I do notice that recent scandals have hurt the Catholic Church which I consider a shame. I also notice that attendance in Protestant churches is down. Our world seems to be a far more nasty place today than it was when church was more popular. I grew up in the 1950s and 60s and things have changed a lot over the years since then.

I found these articles interesting.

***snip***

People commonly rail against the Church itself for this, complaining is that it should change and 'keep up with the times' - but this is the exact opposite of what needs to be done. Instead of conforming to the whims of society, a better solution for the Church is to encourage society to adapt to the teachings of Christ.

The liberalization of the Church has not worked well in the past.
I don't know who said that (lower part of your post, highlighted in red) but I have been saying something like that for the last couple decades (mostly RE the CC). It is the reason I hate Vatican II... it liberalized Christianity.. No.. actually, Christianity was already liberalized thanks to Martin Luther, formally-excommunicated heretic. But Vatican II basically decided to agree w/ the heretic! They threw out a lot of Mass references to Hell. . the old EveryoneGoesToHeaven LIE!

That is not to say that NO Churches no longer teach Hell. Most of them do.. I think, anyway.. Don't quote me on that.. The Scrptures read at Mass mention Hell but I don't recall any.. and I mean ANY priests speaking on the topic. So..

I don't know who said that (lower part of your post, highlighted in red) but I have been saying something like that for the last couple decades (mostly RE the CC). It is the reason I hate Vatican II... it liberalized Christianity.. No.. actually, Christianity was already liberalized thanks to Martin Luther, formally-excommunicated heretic. But Vatican II basically decided to agree w/ the heretic! They threw out a lot of Mass references to Hell. . the old EveryoneGoesToHeaven LIE!

That is not to say that NO Churches no longer teach Hell. Most of them do.. I think, anyway.. Don't quote me on that.. The Scrptures read at Mass mention Hell but I don't recall any.. and I mean ANY priests speaking on the topic. So..
I was not raised to be a church attending person. My mother read the Bible to me. My father, an ex-Catholic because of divorce, was agnostic.

I did attend church for a while after I married. It was a small Presbyterian church and to be honest I can’t remember any sermons dealing with hell. Of course I may not remember as most of the time I was struggling to stay awake or being sinful by fantasizing about the well dressed beautiful women in the congregation.

However there is no doubt that Jesus mentioned hell.

Forum List

Back