🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Are Protestants part of the Catholic Church?

for one thing: who says it is "bizaro places"?

what is so bizarre about the Catholic Church teaching that Protestants are part of the CC, albeit imperfectly?

The true Church can be presumed to teach such.. eh?

otherwise, it wouldn't be the true Church, would it? I mean, if you are in the Original Church you have to believe that those outside it are not perfectly in said Church.. if there at all
The true Church of Christ extends far beyond any man-made arbitrary denominational boundaries. You will see no one worshipping at the feet of Christ proudly proclaiming they are Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, whatever. We will all recognize each other simply as followers of Him, as it's ALL about Him, not us.

I am now in my mid seventies and while I have interest in the Catholic religion, it is merely curiosity. I have learned a number of interesting items about Catholicism in our discussions but have no real desire to become a Catholic. One example of items I have learned in our discussion is the existence of the SSPX Church. I had never heard any mention of it. There actual is one fairly near to my location.

I know both my parents were Catholic but divorced. That separated them from the Catholic Church in the 1930 timeframe. How the Catholic Church views divorce is another interesting topic.

My father was educated in a Catholic school and had an impressive knowledge of the Bible. However he was an agnostic.
sorry to hear things are rather complicated for you.

It's no wonder there was no mention of the SSPX.. the NO church does not like the sspx. As I said b4, I only serendipitously found out about the sspx.. If I hadn't been driving by the sspx church this one day when I was on a road I never took before.. I wouldn't have found it, so I think God wanted me to.. He knew I had a lot of Qs about the Church and etc.. The priest I had at that time (a NO church) did not seem to want to answer my Qs.. And the other day I contacted one and asked about Vatican II.. same deal: doesn't want to talk about it..

Gee.. does truth change just because we don't want to talk about it? These kind of priests don't even care about keeping their own parishioners, apparently. Some are going to leave just for that reason alone: no priest will talk to them about Vatican II and etc...

The true Church of Christ extends far beyond any man-made arbitrary denominational boundaries. You will see no one worshipping at the feet of Christ proudly proclaiming they are Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, whatever. We will all recognize each other simply as followers of Him, as it's ALL about Him, not us.
that is only partially true. Christ established ONE Church

so there's that

Can your god create a rock that's too heavy for him to lift?
I told you to not equate human weaknesses to your omnipotent god!
Too heavy? He who created gravity has no problem mastering whatever He wants to. He is only limited by what He chooses to be limited.

Too heavy? He who created gravity has no problem mastering whatever He wants to. He is only limited by what He chooses to be limited.
When he chooses to not be limited, he is limited.

The object of the exercise was only intended to start you thinking. You've obviously thought for over a week.

sorry to hear things are rather complicated for you.

It's no wonder there was no mention of the SSPX.. the NO church does not like the sspx. As I said b4, I only serendipitously found out about the sspx.. If I hadn't been driving by the sspx church this one day when I was on a road I never took before.. I wouldn't have found it, so I think God wanted me to.. He knew I had a lot of Qs about the Church and etc.. The priest I had at that time (a NO church) did not seem to want to answer my Qs.. And the other day I contacted one and asked about Vatican II.. same deal: doesn't want to talk about it..

Gee.. does truth change just because we don't want to talk about it? These kind of priests don't even care about keeping their own parishioners, apparently. Some are going to leave just for that reason alone: no priest will talk to them about Vatican II and etc...
The SSPX definitely doesn’t get the attention it deserves.

I had never heard of it either but then I am not a Catholic.

Last edited:
When he chooses to not be limited, he is limited.

The object of the exercise was only intended to start you thinking. You've obviously thought for over a week.
No, just pointing out that your mind is too limited to even begin to understand His mind. You can think up all the mental exercises you want to, they're pointless.

The SSPX definitely doesn’t get the attention it deserves.

I had never heard of it either but then I am nit a Catholic.
well, I don't agree w/ them on the pope and the Chair of Peter issue (I say the Chair is empty because Francis is NOT a pope. No pope can teach/promote heresy)

But I doubt they have made that a dogmatic teaching of their Church. I went to confession at a sspx Church several months ago and it was WAY different from the NO confessions of my past.. The priest was genuinely interested in listening to me and he gave me a very good penance and even acted like he wanted to discuss things further.. which we did. I mean, that is what a priest is supposed to be like in my view and what they used to be like..

well, I don't agree w/ them on the pope and the Chair of Peter issue (I say the Chair is empty because Francis is NOT a pope. No pope can teach/promote heresy)

But I doubt they have made that a dogmatic teaching of their Church. I went to confession at a sspx Church several months ago and it was WAY different from the NO confessions of my past.. The priest was genuinely interested in listening to me and he gave me a very good penance and even acted like he wanted to discuss things further.. which we did. I mean, that is what a priest is supposed to be like in my view and what they used to be like..
If I ever to decide to convert to Catholicism I will look for an sspx Church.

I agree w/ the first 2 comments at that site, have not read all of them but the Catholic Church sees baptized Christians who are not Catholic as part of the Church

See said comments, which I am 99.9% sure is what the CC teaches

Protestantism and Catholicism have multiple impasses that set them apart.

The biggest being the eucharist. Protestants refuse to acknowledge the miracle at eucharist, instead viewing it as a piece of bread that represents Christ's body. For this reason, protestants cannot take the eucharist in catholic church.

The eucharist and true body of Christ spreads into things like reverence at the church and respect for the holy of holies, which is far greater in a Catholic church than a Protestant one. Catholics believe in active Saints and the purity of Mary... while Protestants view her as just any other woman.

Protestants believe in Sola Scriptura... which says only scripture, but which causes all of the botched interpretation that has caused over 30,000 sects of Protestantism. Catholics believe in Scripture + the tradition of knowledge/capital of the time it was written, aka "context". Protestants are nearly always out of context, because they view words by their modern meaning, not what they meant or insinuated when they were spoken/written.

Protestants refuse to acknowledge the sliver of infaliability in the Pope, despite the clear guidance from Jesus to anoint Peter as the first one.

Last edited:
If I ever to decide to convert to Catholicism I will look for an sspx Church.
I'm glad to hear this. I used to try to evangelize to get people to come into the novus ordo Church... long before I knew what the NO church was all about and how it is NOT the true Catholic Church. In time, I began to question why the heck I was doing that.. (have had many problems with NO priests/parishioners)

It was kind of "interesting" how I found out about the sspx not very long ago.. happened to be driving down this one road that I never, ever had to take b4 but that day I did have to.. important business to take care of. And then I just happened for some strange reason to look over across the street and see a (small) sign saying Tradition Mass.. My eyes have never been the best but I saw that small sign :)

so thankful for serendipity..

and another strange thing was that I had been trying for SO long to take care of that particular business I had to deal with.. failure at every turn.. but it looks like God wanted me to find what I found..

Protestantism and Catholicism have multiple impasses that set them apart.

The biggest being the eucharist. Protestants refuse to acknowledge the miracle at eucharist, instead viewing it as a piece of bread that represents Christ's body. For this reason, protestants cannot take the eucharist in catholic church.

The eucharist and true body of Christ spreads into things like reverence at the church and respect for the holy of holies, which is far greater in a Catholic church than a Protestant one. Catholics believe in active Saints and the purity of Mary... while Protestants view her as just any other woman.

Protestants believe in Sola Scriptura... which says only scripture, but which causes all of the botched interpretation that has caused over 30,000 sects of Protestantism. Catholics believe in Scripture + the tradition of knowledge/capital of the time it was written, aka "context". Protestants are nearly always out of context, because they view words by their modern meaning, not what they meant or insinuated when they were spoken/written.

Protestants refuse to acknowledge the sliver of infaliability in the Pope, despite the clear guidance from Jesus to anoint Peter as the first one.
as to your last comment: This is why it is important for people to realize that the novus ordo Church is NOT the true Catholic Church. Jesus appointed successors to St Peter.. and those successors are protected by the Church's infallibility (Matthew 16:18). But "pope" Francis is not protected by the Holy Spirit or that infallibility since he teaches all kinds of UN=Catholic/un-Christian stuff.. Therefore he is not the pope so the Chair of St Peter is unoccupied.. I'm a sedevacantist until someone gives me further information to dissuade me from that position.. which I doubt ever happens, as I have done the math, as it were.

I'm glad to hear this. I used to try to evangelize to get people to come into the novus ordo Church... long before I knew what the NO church was all about and how it is NOT the true Catholic Church. In time, I began to question why the heck I was doing that.. (have had many problems with NO priests/parishioners)

It was kind of "interesting" how I found out about the sspx not very long ago.. happened to be driving down this one road that I never, ever had to take b4 but that day I did have to.. important business to take care of. And then I just happened for some strange reason to look over across the street and see a (small) sign saying Tradition Mass.. My eyes have never been the best but I saw that small sign :)

so thankful for serendipity..

and another strange thing was that I had been trying for SO long to take care of that particular business I had to deal with.. failure at every turn.. but it looks like God wanted me to find what I found..
What happened.to you some people would describe as an example God talking to them.

the rcc is the most evil org. that has ever existed and has causes millions death and suffering; from the crusades to pedophila in the church to their damnable hereseys and false man made teaching adding to the bible. 99 percent of catholics are going to hell.

the rcc is the most evil org. that has ever existed and has causes millions death and suffering; from the crusades to pedophila in the church to their damnable hereseys and false man made teaching adding to the bible. 99 percent of catholics are going to hell.
They didn't add to the bible martin Luther tried in German, Romans 29 :38 and we all laughed at him

as to your last comment: This is why it is important for people to realize that the novus ordo Church is NOT the true Catholic Church. Jesus appointed successors to St Peter.. and those successors are protected by the Church's infallibility (Matthew 16:18). But "pope" Francis is not protected by the Holy Spirit or that infallibility since he teaches all kinds of UN=Catholic/un-Christian stuff.. Therefore he is not the pope so the Chair of St Peter is unoccupied.. I'm a sedevacantist until someone gives me further information to dissuade me from that position.. which I doubt ever happens, as I have done the math, as it were.
The Pope isn’t infallible in all he says, that’s nowhere in the RCC.

Only in rare matters of the application of the faith to new issues pretty much, barely ever happens these days.

What happened.to you some people would describe as an example God talking to them.
I do as well..

I knew something was very disturbingly wrong in the Church, but whne I read up on Bishop Lefebvre, it was like a light bulb went off in my head.. and the pieces of a puzzle began to appear so I could put the great puzzle in my mind together.. see the big picture..

It's diabolical what happened to the Catholic Church at Vatican II (and continuing).. and I don't see certain things getting any better any time soon. In fact, I say they get worse.

The Pope isn’t infallible in all he says, that’s nowhere in the RCC.

Only in rare matters of the application of the faith to new issues pretty much, barely ever happens these days.
I know

But protestants still accuse Catholics of believing such things as: We think the pope cannot sin..

Well, Francis has disabused the whole world of that one!

Forum List

Back