🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Are Protestants part of the Catholic Church?

no, that's one of the best decisions they have made. I've been celibate a long time and wish I had been so even longer.. I wish I had never lost my virginity.. It is so much easier to follow Christ when you are like him that way.. a virgin all your life.

It's not that I struggle (anymore) with those kind of temptations.. it's just that.. one example: seeing certain images, even of, say, half clothed people.. affects that part of me that is not a virgin. I mean, well.. u probably know what I mean..

In any case, it is true the SSPX was founded in 1970 but in a way that is HIGHLY inaccurate because the SSPX is the same Church that existed from the time of the Ascension. It is the NO Church that went astray from Ancient Tradition--Vatican II!

It is the SSPX who retained and preserved the True Church Christ founded. The sspx may not have the same views as I have on whether the Chair of Peter is vacant or not but I don't think they have dogmatize that belief..
I have heard the Catholic Church was having difficulty recruiting new priests because of the celibacy requirements so either the church decided to recruit homosexuals or homosexuals discovered the church offered them opportunities.

At any rate all the pedophilia scandals hurt not only the Catholic Church but even Protestant Churches too.

I have heard the Catholic Church was having difficulty recruiting new priests because of the celibacy requirements so either the church decided to recruit homosexuals or homosexuals discovered the church offered them opportunities.

At any rate all the pedophilia scandals hurt not only the Catholic Church but even Protestant Churches too.
what you heard sounds like-- Catholic Derangement Syndrome

Frankly, i'm surprised even the fake borg church doesn't try to ordain women and other such things.. I mean, hey, if you're going to be fake, why not go all out?

ditto men priests being celibate..

By the way, isn't it interesting that humans in general believe women have less a problem being celibate than men? You don't hear people championing nuns being able to have sex.. just priests.. misogyny..

actually, it is a total insult to men. It is saying to them: Well, we know you are a bunch of animals. No man could ever be celibate! So yeh.. go find a woman asap.. Nevermind how bad this kind of thought pans out in real life.. How would the wife he finds feel about being chosen just bc the dude couldn't control his lower urges?

roll eyes

Which protestants?
There are more as 1,500 denominations
There is only "ONE" true church.........the one identified in the Word of God. If you live by the doctrine established by the founders of this Church.....Christ Jesus and His Apostles who were the foundation, you are conveyed into the Kingdom of God/Church. (Eph. 2:20) when you allow the doctrine of the Jesus and the Apostles to call you out from the world into that kingdom. The door to that kingdom was opened when Peter bound the words in heaven that he spoke on earth (Matthew 16:19).......Peter used the keys he had been given to the kingdom/church. Acts 2:38. When the people asked what they must do Peter answered, "Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin........and you will receive the gift of the Holy spirit)" What is that Gift? It can't be the Holy Spirit Himself as He is the 3rd person of the God head.....the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.........that gift then is the grace provided by the sacrifical blood of Jesus Christ when you symbolically die in water baptism and arise new....like a new born creature.." Water Baptism is where the Blood of Christ is contracted, not through works but through the faith of submitting to that symbolic command.

Peter described water baptism as such, "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of filth of the flesh (like a bath), but the answer of a good conscience toward God." -- 1 Peter 3:21

Logic dictates that all (wink, wink) 1500 denominations can be WRONG and teach false doctrine not found in the Word of God, but not all can be correct with varying doctrines established by man rather than God.........but only ONE can be correct, as there is only ONE TRUTH and that truth is calibrated by God's Word.......the word that all Christians are supposed to be "sanctified" in. (John 17:17) The one true church (Eph. 4:5) in which we must worship not only in spirit but also IN TRUTH (John 4:24)

Faith alone is not enough........just like works alone are not enough. The 2 do not conradict one another they compliment the entire truth. Faith without works is dead. Demons believe and tremble. (James 2:19). Faith alone is dead (James 2:17)

Last edited:
what you heard sounds like-- Catholic Derangement Syndrome

Frankly, i'm surprised even the fake borg church doesn't try to ordain women and other such things.. I mean, hey, if you're going to be fake, why not go all out?

ditto men priests being celibate..

By the way, isn't it interesting that humans in general believe women have less a problem being celibate than men? You don't hear people championing nuns being able to have sex.. just priests.. misogyny..

actually, it is a total insult to men. It is saying to them: Well, we know you are a bunch of animals. No man could ever be celibate! So yeh.. go find a woman asap.. Nevermind how bad this kind of thought pans out in real life.. How would the wife he finds feel about being chosen just bc the dude couldn't control his lower urges?

roll eyes
In my opinion the Catholic Church would be better to totally drop any requirement for celibacy. Of course since I am a Protestant I have no real say in the matter. Still I think the requirement has caused more problems than it solved.

Please understand that I don't condemn anyone, for the Bible condemns all of us as guilty, dirty, rotten, hell-deserving sinners. My salvation solely rests in Christ's righteousness, because of the precious blood that He gave for our sins. My intention is not to be unkind; but rather, to contend for the Christian faith. According to the Bible, Pope John Paul II went to burn in Hell on April 2nd, 2005, because he trusted in the Catholic Church to save him. Jesus clearly stated in John 3:3...

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The Pope NEVER spoke of being "born-again." The Pope NEVER made any public profession of faith ALONE in Jesus Christ. On the contrary, Pope John Paul II placed his faith in the traditions and manmade doctrines of the Catholic religion. There is NOTHING in the King James Bible (or the Catholic Bible) about keeping the Seven Sacraments to get to heaven... nothing! There is NOTHING in the Word of God about the Immaculate Conception of Mary. There is NOTHING in the Bible about the Rosary or praying to God through Mary. There is nothing in the Bible about priests being celibate. Matthew 23:9 outright forbids calling any priest "Father." So why do Catholics do it?... because they are being taught the commandments of men...

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." —Mark 7:6-9)

pope-satan.jpg
Pope John Paul II was a minister of Satan, a false prophet...

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." —2nd Corinthians 11:13-15

Pope John Paul II will be held responsible at the Great White Throne of Judgment someday for misleading hundreds-of-millions of people with damnable heresies, causing them to burn in hell. I say this with great sorrow because God does not want anyone to perish in hell...
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." —2nd Peter 3:9

No one goes to hell unless he or she chooses to go there ("And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life" -John 5:40). All you have to do to go to hell is "nothing." If you don't get born-again, you are automatically going to hell ("He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." -John 3:18). The Pope made the deadly mistake that so many foolish people make, he ADDED good works to his faith in Christ ("For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" -Ephesians 2:8,9). Salvation is a gift of God ("For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" -Romans 6:23). Salvation is free, you CANNOT add works to it; otherwise it is not a gift anymore. Please read my article, Are You Really A Christian. Also please read, Good Works Verses Grace.

FOX News and CNN have been covering the death of the Pope round the clock. I've heard nothing but lies, heresy and ridiculous comments by many famous people.
President George W. Bush: Pope was a “hero for the ages.”

President George W. Bush: “A good and faithful servant of God has been called home.”

Clearly George Bush is NOT a born-again Christian! When George W. Bush was running for the office of governor in Texas, he said publicly that a person must accept Jesus Christ as personal Savior to go to heaven. George Bush has claimed publicly to be a Christian. I can say with confidence that George W. Bush is NO Christian! No true Christian would ever praise the Pope as “a good and faithful servant of God” (not to mention the fact that George W. Bush is also member of the eerie occult groups, Skull and Bones and Bohemian Grove).

It's disgusting to hear professed "Christians" like Billy Graham and Robert Schuller praising the Pope. It's hard to believe that Billy Graham was actually once a board member of the Sword of the Lord in Tennessee. Billy Graham is a sell-out and the pioneer of the ecumenical movement.

Bush Sr., Bush Jr., Bill Clinton, Jimmy carter, Nancy Reagan...all praising Pope John Paul II...does anyone believe the Bible anymore? Does anyone care about the TRUTH? Evidently not in The White House.

To be expected, priests from across the world are praising the Pope as the Vicar" of Jesus Christ. Can you show me that in the Bible? No you cannot! No one in the Bible was ever reverenced as "God upon the earth," other than our Lord Jesus Christ (Who in every respect was God Almighty upon the earth, 1st Timothy 3:16). The Pope was a heathen sinner just like anyone else, and he surely was not God's Vicar. The Pope was the Vicar of hell. I say this not to be unkind, but to try to wake you up concerning the TRUTH.

The Catholic religion is also guilty of worshipping the dead. There is NOTHING in the Bible leading us to bow unto a statue of Mary. On the contrary, Exodus 20:4,5 commands us NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images, nor to BOW to them. The Catholic religion leads people into idolatry and vain worship, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men (Mark 7:6-9). Catholics worldwide bow in worship to statues of saints, such as Saint Anthony. Now they're talking about making Pope John Paul II a saint. Well, if you want to worship the Pope, then you'll have to look down to the ground because he's burning in hell fire and brimstone according the the bible.

pope4.jpg
I just heard a Catholic man from Rome say, " The Pope brought us the gospel of Christian hope." The gospel of Christian hope? You've got to be kidding? The Bible declares the gospel of Christ in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4 (The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ). So what's with the Seven Sacraments? Why does the Catholic church claim that they ARE Christ, and that baptism is the door into the Catholic church? These erroneous teachings are manmade doctrines which are nowhere found in the Scriptures.

Pope John Paul the second was the first Pope to ever visit The White House. President George W. Bush was the first president to ever visit the Vatican in Rome. He was the most traveled Pope. Pope John Paul II was also the first non-Italian Pope in 455 years of Pontiff history (he was Polish). Sadly, of the estimated one million Polish people living in Chicago, 98% are said to be Catholic. According to the Bible, 98% of the Catholic people in Chicago are going to hell when they die. Don't get mad at me, get mad at God because He wrote the Bible. You can get mad at me all you want to...my beliefs are based upon the Bible, not the TRADITIONS of some false religion. Show me anywhere in the Bible where you're supposed to go into a confessional booth to confess your most innermost immoral secrets and sins to a priest (just another dirty, rotten sinner). The Bible teaches no such nonsense! We are supposed to confess our sins to Jesus Christ alone (1st John 1:9).

Cardinal Egan of Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York said that Pope John Paul II was "just like Jesus." Egan said that the Pope cared about people, "Just as Jesus did." Egan said that the Pope loved others, "Just like Jesus did"...and on and on. Nothing could be further from the truth, the Pope was nothing like Jesus. Jesus was a very controversial figure in His day, offending people everywhere He went. Why do you think they crucified Him? Jesus was against the hypocritical religious leaders of His day (those who led the masses astray in false religion). Don't you see it? The Pope and the priests are the religious hypocrites (the Pharisees) of our day! Jesus would have roasted them with His preaching, just as He did the phonies back in His day...

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness." —Matthew 23:27

The Pope and cardinals in the Catholic religion adorn themselves in the most expensive of garments, they drink from cups made of pure gold and silver, they assemble in magnificent palaces...while the poor rot in the streets, millions die of starvation, and little children suffer at the hands of their merciless predators. Listen to the words of Jesus...

"But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ." —Matthew 23:5-10

The Catholic religion is of the devil, and it's leaders are the sinister ministers of Satan. The Pope was nothing like my Saviour Jesus Christ...Jesus spoke the TRUTH and made no apologies for it. The Pope never warned anyone about hell-fire. Jesus spoke of weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth in hell. Jesus didn't just visit the poor and needy...he actually helped them. How much money has the Vatican given to world's poorest? Nearly 3,000,000,000 people live on less than $2 a day. The Pope toured all around the world, but what did he do to actually help those people? Nothing! Why is it that the Vatican in Rome is so filthy rich, while the poor stay poor?

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation." —Matthew 23:14

The Catholic religion is a fraud. The Pope is a phony. Pope John Paul II is sadly burning in hell. The doctrines of Vatican II are nothing more than TRADITIONS and MANMADE doctrines. Even the novice Bible student will find this to be true. I am not happy about this, but greatly saddened every day that passes. I wish it were not so. The fact that the Catholic religion is one of the most popular religions on the earth should be a grave warning sign to us. The world is unanimously praising Pope John Paul II (now they're even talking about making him a saint). But what did Jesus say...

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets." —Luke 6:26

CO-MEDIATOR ‑- Mary is the Co-Mediator to whom we can entrust all our cares and petitions. (Catechism 968-970, 2677)

There is only one mediator and that is Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 says, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” Hebrews 7:25 says,Wherefore he [Jesus] is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.” Ephesians 3:12 says, “In whom [Jesus} we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.”

If Jesus is constantly interceding for us and He is able to save us “to the uttermost,” (utterly, completely) then He doesn’t need Mary’s help. If we can approach God with “boldness” and “confidence” because of our faith in Jesus, then we don't need Mary’s help either.

QUEEN OF HEAVEN ‑- God has exalted Mary in heavenly glory as Queen of Heaven and earth. (Catechism 966) She is to be praised with special devotion. (Catechism 971, 2675)

Psalm 148:13 says, “Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.” This makes it quite clear that only God’s name (not Mary’s) is to be exalted. (In Catholic Bibles the numbering of the chapters and verses of some of the Psalms is slightly different.)

When people tried to give Mary special honor and pre-eminence because she was His mother, Jesus corrected them.

“And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.” (Luke 11:27-28)

In chapters four and five of the Book of Revelation, we are given a quite detailed picture of Heaven. God is seated on the throne, surrounded by 24 elders and four living creatures. The Lamb (Jesus) is standing in the center of the throne. Thousands upon thousands of angels circle the throne, singing God's praises. And Mary is not in the picture at all.

ASSUMPTION ‑- At the end of her life, Mary was taken up (“assumed”) body and soul into Heaven. (Catechism 966, 974)

There is no biblical reference to the assumption of Mary. The Gospel of John was written around 90 A.D., which is more than 100 years after Mary was born. (Surely Mary was more than ten years old when Jesus was conceived.) If Mary had been supernaturally assumed into Heaven, wouldn’t John (the disciple that Mary lived with) have mentioned it? When Enoch and Elijah were taken up to Heaven, the Bible recorded it. With Elijah it was recorded in some detail. (See Genesis 6:24 and 2 Kings 2:1‑18.)

The Assumption of Mary was officially declared to be a dogma of the Roman Catholic faith in 1950. This means that every Roman Catholic is required to believe this doctrine without questioning it. However, as we will see, the teaching of the Assumption originated with heretical writings which were officially condemned by the early Church.

In 495 A.D., Pope Gelasius issued a decree which rejected this teaching as heresy and its proponents as heretics. In the sixth century, Pope Hormisdas also condemned as heretics those authors who taught the doctrine of the Assumption of Mary. The early Church clearly considered the doctrine of the Assumption of Mary to be a heresy worthy of condemnation. Here we have “infallible” popes declaring something to be a heresy. Then in 1950, Pope Pius XII, another “infallible” pope, declared it to be official Roman Catholic doctrine. [15]

MOTHER OF THE CHURCH ‑- Mary is the Mother of the Church. (Catechism 963, 975).

Acts 1:13-14 gives a picture of a group of people praying together. Mary is mentioned as one of them, but nothing indicates any special prominence.

“And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Phillip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.”

Mary was probably in the Upper Room when the tongues of fire fell upon the 120 disciples. However, she is never mentioned again in the Book of Acts, which is our only historical record of how the Church was born. She is also not specifically identified in the epistles. Paul did send greetings to “Mary”, but that was a common name. (In the Gospels and in the Book of Acts, she is referred to as “Mary the mother of Jesus” to distinguish her from other women named Mary.)

It is notable that John, who took Mary into his home after Jesus was crucified, does not mention her in his epistles, and he only mentions her on two occasions in his Gospel (the wedding at Cana and the crucifixion of Jesus). John mentions Mary Magdalene more than he mentions Jesus' mother.

MOTHER OF GOD ‑- Because she is the mother of Jesus, and Jesus is God, therefore Mary is the Mother of God. (Catechism 963, 971, 2677).

The Incarnation means that Jesus was both fully God and fully man. Mary was only the mother of Jesus as man, and not the mother of Jesus as God. According to the Bible, the world was created through Jesus. This was long before Mary was born. Hebrews 1:1-2 says,

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds”.

Colossians 1:16-17 says,

“For by him [Jesus] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all things [including Mary] were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things [including Mary] , and by him all things consist”.

John 8:58 says, “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am.” Jesus existed before Abraham was born. That means that He also existed before Mary was born. In John 17:5, Jesus says, “And now O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” So Jesus existed even before the world began. Jesus came first ‑- not Mary.

PERPETUAL VIRGINITY ‑- Mary was a virgin before, during and after the birth of Christ. (Catechism 496-511)

Matthew 1:24-25 says, “Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.” “Till” (until) means that after that point, Joseph did “know” (have sexual relations with) Mary. (See Genesis 4:1 where Adam “knew” Eve and she conceived and had a son.)

Jesus had brothers and sisters. The Bible even tells us their names. Matthew 13:54-56 says,

“And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hatch this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us?”

Other Scripture verses which specifically refer to Jesus’ brothers are: Matthew 12:46; John 2:12; John 7:3; Acts 1:14; and Galatians 1:19.

I was always taught that “brothers” and “sisters” were general terms that really could refer to any kind of kinsman, including cousins. This is true in the Hebrew language. However, the New Testament is written in Greek, which is an extremely precise language. It makes a clear distinction between the words used to describe family relationships. There is a Greek word which refers to people who are relatives but not of the immediate family, such as aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces and cousins. There are other Greek words which refer specifically to a person’s brother or sister within a family. [14]

ALL-HOLY ‑- Mary, “the All-Holy,” lived a perfectly sinless life. (Catechism 411, 493)

Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”. Revelation 15:4 says, “Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? For thou only art holy”. Romans 3:10 says, “There is none righteous, no, not one”.
Jesus is the only person who is referred to in Scripture as sinless. Hebrews 4:15 says, “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 1 Peter 2:22 says, Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth”.
In contrast, Mary said that God is her Savior. (Luke 1:47) If God was her Savior, then Mary was not sinless. Sinless people do not need a Savior.
In the Book of Revelation, when they were searching for someone who was worthy to break the seals and open the scroll, the only person who was found to be worthy was Jesus. Nobody else in Heaven or on earth (including Mary) was worthy to open the scroll or even look inside it. (Revelation 5:1-5)

One Mediator!

by David J. Stewart

I received the following e-mail in November of 2005...
"I recently read your article concerning the rosary, and I want to let you know that I am a Catholic and a proud supporter of the rosary, and that I will be praying for you.
You are very deceived about the rosary, and I hope that God's guidance will come to your aid.
Catholics do not pray to Mary. We pray for her intercession. It's like asking a dear friend to pray for you. And who can be a better friend to us than Jesus' mother who so humbly and willingly cried out "FIAT"....May God's will be done, her whole life. We honor her because she draws us to her Son. In honoring someone's mother, you honor them in a special way. Jesus does not seek to damn those who love his mother. How can you speak ill of a mother, especially the mother of our Lord? May God bless you with every heavenly gift.
Sara"
A Biblical Response...
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" -1st Timothy 2:5​
end_of_the_law.jpg
Though Sara may be very sincere, the "Blessed Virgin Mary" CANNOT make intercession for her. 1st Timothy 2:5 couldn't be any clearer or to the point, Jesus Christ is the ONE MEDIATOR between God and mankind. The Catholics commit idolatry when they bow before a statue of Mary or rely upon Mary to intercede for them.
As true believers in Christ, we believe that our saved loved ones are in heaven. However, they CANNOT make intercession for us. They can pray for us, but they have no special favor or power with God. A man once wrote me and said that I was wrong to teach that our loves ones in heaven could pray for us. He accused me of violating 1st Timothy 2:5. Folks, it is NOT wrong to ask someone in heaven to prayer for you. Is that not what happens here on earth every time you ask a Christian brother or sister to pray for you? Did not James advice us to call for the elders of the church when we're sick? (James 5:14). So there must be a big difference between asking someone to pray for you, verses expecting someone to reconcile things with God for you.
It wouldn't be wrong for me to ask my departed mother in heaven to pray for me, anymore than it would be wrong for me to ask my pastor or a friend to pray for me. Asking someone to pray for you is very different than asking someone to intercede for you. 1st Thessalonians 5:25..."Brethren, pray for us." Was the Apostle Paul asking the church of Thessalonica to mediate for him? Of course not! Paul simply realized the power of prayer. We are supposed to pray for each other (Galatians 6:2, "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ"). Colossians 1:3 reads, "We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you." Was the Apostle Paul being arrogant? Was Paul claiming to be an intercessor? I mean, couldn't the people pray for themselves? There is nothing wrong with asking others to pray for us. Just because a loved one graduates on into glory doesn't mean that they can't pray for us.
I sincerely believe that the "great cloud of witnesses" in heaven (Hebrews 12:1) are able to watch the events taking place upon the earth to a limited degree. Please read the following verse carefully, "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 18:10). Wow! Yes, there are guardian angels assigned to each believer. The angels are continually watching the face of the Father for his next command. You had better be careful how you treat a born again Christian because their guardian angel is just waiting for God's next command. This means that we are being monitored from heaven 24/7. Scary thought huh? In light of this Biblical truth, I do believe that our loved ones (who would want to inquire about us) are allowed certain desired information.
In addition, take a look at Luke 15:10..."Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." In the presence of the angels? If the angels aren't the ones rejoicing, then who is? It can only be the saints! The context of Luke 15:10 implies clearly that the believers in heaven are aware to a certain extent of the events upon the earth.

What is a Mediator?
Definition of Mediate: To act between parties with a view to reconciling differences. To settle a dispute.

This is what is so damnable about the Roman Catholic's obsession with Mary, they expect Mary to reconcile them with God. The ONLY true path to peace with God is in Christ Jesus, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). Catholics look to Mother Mary to forgive their sins. Roman Catholics believe that a miracle happened in Fatima, Portugal (1917). They believe that the Blessed Virgin appeared in several apparitions to three young children. The Blessed Virgin promised the following...

"WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA REQUEST?

At Fatima Our Lady said that God wished to establish in the world devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Our Lady said that many souls would be saved from Hell and the annihilation of nations averted if, in time, devotion to Her Immaculate Heart were established principally by these two means:

1) the Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by the Pope together with the world's bishops in a solemn public ceremony, and

(2) the practice or receiving Holy Communion (and other specific devotions of about 1/2 hour in duration) in reparation for the sins committed against the Blessed Virgin Mary, on the first Saturdays of five consecutive months--a practice known to Catholics as "the First Saturday" devotion.
What blasphemy!

"Our Lady said that many souls would be saved from Hell and the annihilation of nations averted if, in time, devotion to Her Immaculate Heart were established..."
Folks, Mary cannot do ANYTHING to help save you! Devotion to Mary's Immaculate Heart? Roman Catholics are taught to pray to different saints to unleash certain powers and blessings. Such blasphemous teachings are nothing less than Satanic. As Christians we may ask someone to pray for us, or perhaps we may say a prayer for them...but we DON'T pray TO each other. And that's the key difference. Catholics pray "TO" the departed saints (such as Saint Anthony). I distinctly remember visiting a Hispanic Catholic man in Chicago. He had a small table behind his front door. He had several glasses on the table filled with water to varying levels. He also had a statue of Saint Anthony on the table. There was a burning candle in the midst. Each glass of water had a penny at the bottom. A string came from the display on the table and ran across the floor behind the front door. After being intrigued by his strange display, I asked him what was the purpose of such a display. The man said that he was trying to keep evil spirits from entering his home.
Right down the street, there was a Catholic store for priests and Catholics. I went into the store to look at what they were selling. Inside were hundreds of charms, potions, spells, candles, and just about everything superstitious you could want to buy. As I learned more about Roman Catholicism, I found at that Catholics are very superstitious, especially in poorer countries. They burn their candles, perform their rituals, and eat feasts in honor of various saints. Surely, it wouldn't be wrong to sponsor a dinner in appreciation for a loved one, but to idolize the saints is a wicked sin!!! Catholics commit idolatry by praising and worshipping dead saints. Only Jesus is to be worshipped and praised, no one else. Roman Catholics look to the saints to make their life better, as if the Apostle Peter could do anything in heaven to help them. Folks, Jesus can hear the prayers of millions of Christians all at one time, he doesn't need any help receiving prayers.
And that's really the big question...why would Catholics pray to anyone other than God Himself? Think about that for a moment? Why? I mean, did God ask anyone to pray to Mary? No, He didn't! So why do Catholics and Lutherans show such fondness to a sinful woman? Mary was a sinner just like anyone else (Romans 3:10;23). The Bible proclaims that ALL have sinned (Romans 3:10). Yet, the Catholic Church blatantly rebels against the truth by teaching their damnable lies that Mary never sinned. I triple-dog dare you to show me that anywhere from the Word of God! You CANNOT! The Catholic religion is NOT infallible! Catholics are confused. They practice false worship.
In conclusion, Mary is NO mediator or intercessor...she is just a woman. No dead saint or living Pope can mediate for you. Though Catholics claim they are only honoring the dead saints and Mary, the truth of the matter is that they are obsessed with wicked idol worship. This is why the 2nd of the Ten Commandments is missing in their Catechism books. No saint or priest can reconcile your sinful heart to God. The ONLY way to obtain the righteousness of God is in Jesus Christ (2nd Corinthians 5:17). There is only ONE MEDIATOR...Jesus Christ!

In my opinion the Catholic Church would be better to totally drop any requirement for celibacy. Of course since I am a Protestant I have no real say in the matter. Still I think the requirement has caused more problems than it solved.

you only listen to those who think like you do (can't say I am never like that..) In any case:

There are plenty of priests who do not want to change the celibacy thing.

There are very good reasons for priests being celibate. But i won't waste my time explaining since.. If people are interested in what the Church really teaches they can attend an RCIA class at the SSPX Church, which I know won't lead anyone astray. the borg church.. can't be trusted, to say the least

If you haven't at least thought of that.. guess you don't think it's important or something..

One Mediator!

by David J. Stewart

The Catholic Church used to teach that Catholics should not read Protestant theology. . it makes sense since the lay Catholics are not well trained in discerning truth from lies or what the Bible really means as opposed to.. what someone says it means; most do not have a degree in theology.

I have found that.. well, for one, i have read a lot of protestant theology and it isn't all against Catholic teaching.. but I stay away from it just the same because .. well, for one thing, there doesnt appear to be much reason to read it when I have found Truth. Again, I do not speak of the borg church as I call it.. That "church" does not teach what the CC has always, throughout the centuries taught. The SSPX does. So from now on on the forum when I say Catholic Church, what i mean is the SSPX "branch"

in any case, I do not read what you post here that comes from non-Catholic theologians. That is partly because I have heard it all before and it often sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard.. since it gets many things wrong.

And again, many Catholics have been through the born again thing. Some leave the CC and some do not.. I say the informed ones are the ones who stay.. (informed, not misinformed)

you only listen to those who think like you do (can't say I am never like that..) In any case:

There are plenty of priests who do not want to change the celibacy thing.

There are very good reasons for priests being celibate. But i won't waste my time explaining since.. If people are interested in what the Church really teaches they can attend an RCIA class at the SSPX Church, which I know won't lead anyone astray. the borg church.. can't be trusted, to say the least

If you haven't at least thought of that.. guess you don't think it's important or something..
I am now in my mid seventies and while I have interest in the Catholic religion, it is merely curiosity. I have learned a number of interesting items about Catholicism in our discussions but have no real desire to become a Catholic. One example of items I have learned in our discussion is the existence of the SSPX Church. I had never heard any mention of it. There actual is one fairly near to my location.

I know both my parents were Catholic but divorced. That separated them from the Catholic Church in the 1930 timeframe. How the Catholic Church views divorce is another interesting topic.

My father was educated in a Catholic school and had an impressive knowledge of the Bible. However he was an agnostic.

Forum List

Back