Are really sure you want gay marriage?

Think about it. I mean, look at the divorce rate. Over fifty percent. Then you have alimony and child support. Speaking of which, how would you decide who pays? It's usually the husband who pays. Which one is the husband? With two guys, I guess it would be the pitcher. But which of the lesbos would be the husband? So, if you really want all the problems of marriage, I can be a good little liberal on this one. I believe in the equal sharing of misery. Have at it.
Government sanctioned marriage needs to be relegated to the ashcan of history, and replaced by contracts between consenting adults.

If churches want to sanction these contracts after they are signed, by performing a religious rite, then more power to them.

Based upon what?

Has there been some change in nature which now precludes individuals from freely exercising their religion?

Or some change in reason wherein respect for natural laws is superseded by the power of popular whimsy?

What'd I miss?

Think about it. I mean, look at the divorce rate. Over fifty percent. Then you have alimony and child support. Speaking of which, how would you decide who pays? It's usually the husband who pays. Which one is the husband? With two guys, I guess it would be the pitcher. But which of the lesbos would be the husband? So, if you really want all the problems of marriage, I can be a good little liberal on this one. I believe in the equal sharing of misery. Have at it.
so whats your old handle sil?

Is that the best you can do. You are a militant atheist. That is like you are blind on these subjects. Scoot along: time for your cookies and milk.

No, it means i don't believe in fantastic things without evidence.

Evidence.

Means you can prove what you say, which you religious fools never do.

Why are you such a bigot? I'm not religious either, but why are you SO hateful? You must be an extremely miserable person.

Why are you such a bigot? I'm not religious either, but why are you SO hateful? You must be an extremely miserable person.

I guess it probably has to do with when the Nun said at my Mom's funeral that her God had a good reason for the poor woman being in pain for a year.....

Fuck religion. honestly. THey deserved to be mocked. They deserve to be challenged.

I guess it probably has to do with when the Nun said at my Mom's funeral that her God had a good reason for the poor woman being in pain for a year.....

Fuck religion. honestly. THey deserved to be mocked. They deserve to be challenged.

Some religious people are very nice people. Some are not. Just like with anything else.

Some religious people are very nice people. Some are not. Just like with anything else.

No, most religious people are assholes because they can always find a verse in the Big Book of Judean Fairy Tales that rationalizes their being assholes.

Another wonderful Nun Story. This nun told us about how God drowned everyone in Noah's flood. And when I asked why God would drown babies, the old crone rasped, "They were WICKED!!!! WIIIIICKED!!!!!"

And as absolutely fucked up as that is, I really haven't heard a Christian or Jew tell me a GOOD reason why God could drown millions of babies and still be called "Good".

No, most religious people are assholes because they can always find a verse in the Big Book of Judean Fairy Tales that rationalizes their being assholes.

Another wonderful Nun Story. This nun told us about how God drowned everyone in Noah's flood. And when I asked why God would drown babies, the old crone rasped, "They were WICKED!!!! WIIIIICKED!!!!!"

And as absolutely fucked up as that is, I really haven't heard a Christian or Jew tell me a GOOD reason why God could drown millions of babies and still be called "Good".

Well that person doesn't represent all religious people. My aunt is very religious, but a very nice person. She is the kind of person that would help anyone and never judges. She has less fortunate people over for Christmas dinner, volunteers her time, is always pleasant and happy.

Well that person doesn't represent all religious people. My aunt is very religious, but a very nice person. She is the kind of person that would help anyone and never judges. She has less fortunate people over for Christmas dinner, volunteers her time, is always pleasant and happy.

Have you actually asked her about why her Loving God drowned every baby in the world in Noah's flood?

Have you actually asked her about why her Loving God drowned every baby in the world in Noah's flood?

Nope. :D I don't usually discuss religion or politics with family members.

Well, that's a nice cop-out.

The problem is, none of us question those stories. We should. We should question a God that drowns babies and not worry about a big budget film with rock monsters.

We should ask why God kills every baby in Egypt.

If you are going to present this being as the paragon of morality, shouldn't someone question that morality?

Well, that's a nice cop-out.

The problem is, none of us question those stories. We should. We should question a God that drowns babies and not worry about a big budget film with rock monsters.

We should ask why God kills every baby in Egypt.

If you are going to present this being as the paragon of morality, shouldn't someone question that morality?

Well, since I'm not religious, I believe those stories to be more of parables, like lessons if you will. I don't believe those things actually really happened.

Coming soon!
Incestuous marriage
Animal and human marriage
Marriage to your 5 year old daughter or son
The list goes on and on.

Laughing.....meanwhile, we don't even have to wait for Slipper Slope fallacies.

They're already here!

Do I want gay marriage? No. I'm happy in my straight marriage. do I care if others want a gay marriage? No I dont.

By the way dumb shit, child support is based on custodial vs non custodial parent not mother/father.
And the mother almost always gets custody and a check. There has to be a very compelling reason for the father to get them. Plus there have been many cases where the mother makes more money, yet the courts give her the right to suck the poor bastard dry.

Unless he snares himself a rich widow or heiress, any man that gets married needs his head examined.

Forum List

Back