Are religious people happier than non-believers?

LOL

all you boneheads which worship "god of science" either genuinely can not understand or pretend not to "understand" that polls in the US are irrelevant to the global tendencies in religion.

And globally Christians are growing - and atheists are declining.

http://wwwgordonconwell.com/netcommunity/CSGCResources/ChristianityinitsGlobalContext.pdf

In 1970, nearly 82% of the
world’s population was religious. By 2010 this had grown
to around 88%, with a projected increase to almost 90%
by 2020.
In addition,
in 1970 Christianity and Islam represented 48.8% of the
global population; by 2020 they will likely represent 57.2%.

Deal with it :D

SO WHAT IS REALITY DEPENDS ON HOW MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE IT?

your insane

Also, why don't you go preach your philosophy of to the starving and oppressed in Africa reminding them there is no God or hope for a better life, based on your hunch? I'm sure your teachings will be a blessing to their lives.
It is not god who provides hope. It is humanity with their dollars.

?Nones? on the Rise | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

Non-affiliated (atheist, agnostic, and god-believing but without religion) is growing -- and quickly at that.

EDIT: It also says Protestantism is declining as well.

Society is falling apart also, so maybe you are onto something. However, it isn't that God doesn't exist, but that disbelief, in general, brings about despair and not joy.

judging upon animosity and bile of our self-professed atheists here, they are full of "joy" and "happiness" :lol:

LOL

all you boneheads which worship "god of science" either genuinely can not understand or pretend not to "understand" that polls in the US are irrelevant to the global tendencies in religion.

And globally Christians are growing - and atheists are declining.

http://wwwgordonconwell.com/netcommunity/CSGCResources/ChristianityinitsGlobalContext.pdf

In 1970, nearly 82% of the
world’s population was religious. By 2010 this had grown
to around 88%, with a projected increase to almost 90%
by 2020.
In addition,
in 1970 Christianity and Islam represented 48.8% of the
global population; by 2020 they will likely represent 57.2%.

Deal with it :D

SO WHAT IS REALITY DEPENDS ON HOW MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE IT?

your insane

and you are dumb and boneheaded if that's the conclusion you made :D

Demographics of atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Statistics on atheism are often difficult to represent accurately for a variety of reasons. Atheism is a position compatible with other forms of identity. Some atheists also consider themselves Agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, Jains, Taoist, or hold other related philosophical beliefs. Some, like Secular Jews and Shintoists, may indulge in some religious activities as a way of connecting with their culture, all the while being atheist. Therefore, given limited poll options, some may use other terms to describe their identity. Some politically motivated organizations that report or gather population statistics may, intentionally or unintentionally, misrepresent atheists. Survey designs may bias results due to the nature of elements such as the wording of questions and the available response options. Also, many atheists, particularly former Catholics and former Mormons, are still counted as Christians in church rosters, although surveys generally ask samples of the population and do not look in church rosters. Other Christians believe that "once a person is [truly] saved, that person is always saved", a doctrine known as eternal security.[12] Statistics are generally collected on the assumption that religion is a categorical variable. Instruments have been designed to measure attitudes toward religion, including one that was used by L. L. Thurstone. This may be a particularly important consideration among people who have neutral attitudes, as it is more likely that prevailing social norms will influence the responses of such people on survey questions that effectively force respondents to categorize themselves either as belonging to a particular religion or belonging to no religion. A negative perception of atheists and pressure from family and peers may also cause some atheists to disassociate themselves from atheism. Misunderstanding of the term may also be a reason some label themselves differently.

For example, a Canadian poll released September 12, 2011 sampled 1,129 Canadian adults and came up with some interesting unrelated data on the numbers of declared atheists.[13] These numbers conflicted with the latest Canadian census data that pre-supposed that a religious affiliation predisposed a belief in a deity and was based on a poorly worded question. A quote from the study:

The data also revealed some interesting facts about Canadians beliefs:
A majority (53%) of Canadians believe in God. What is of particular interest is that 28% of Protestants, 33% of Catholics, and 23% of those who attend weekly religious services do not.
One quarter (23%) of those with no religious identity still believe in God.[14]

many religions don't include a god.

many religious people don't even believe in god

Bonehead, the GLOBAL tendency is what matters, not the local county ones :D

plus polls are useless in evaluation of any problem .but you know it, science worshiper, don't you?

Last edited:
I believe in things that have proof behind them.

You as a religious storm trooper will try to insult and bully me.

how jesusy of you

Also, why don't you go preach your philosophy of to the starving and oppressed in Africa reminding them there is no God or hope for a better life, based on your hunch? I'm sure your teachings will be a blessing to their lives.

you don't believe humans are good huh
I believe humans are good and that humans provide hope to the starving and oppressed not an invisible sky god.

thruthie, I could not care less what you BELEIVE.

you clearly do not understand that the polls have no value in scientific research :D

dollars may have been the wrong choice of words then.

Most humans are mostly good.

they are designed to help.

we are a pack animal and grew large brains to deal with the social interaction it took to design their own survival

you clearly do not understand that the polls have no value in scientific research :D

I know you don't much care about others.
so many Christians are like that now days.

Its sad

I know you don't much care about others.
so many Christians are like that now days.

Its sad

thruthie, it is sad that boneheads like you still beleive in collectivists pies in the sky.

THAT is what is REALLY sad.

and dangerous.

One has to define happiness at first.

and one can find that the definition is not the same for those who are religious/spiritual ( never understand why is it being distinguished as it is basically the same) and atheist are glaringly opposite.

your first post was full of hate

how christiany of you

You do a terrible job of representing the good things christianity holds dear

see why people don't like christains?

because you are elitists so much of the time.

Be true to what Jesus taught ( you now LOVE and kindness) and maybe you might be a better religion

Your dollars are not really changing the status of their lives or their children's lives or their grandchildren's lives. It helps some, but they will by and large always live a life totally destitute. Now you also feel it incumbent upon yourself to remind these people "hey, you know that God you are praying to?... he doesn't exist. And you know that heaven you look forward to?... when you're dead, you're dead. There is no hope."

Yes, you and your blindness and your stupid guesses only bring greater misery to most of the world, not too mention you are delighting the devil by turning them away from God. You need to grow up before it's too late.

you believe in a fantasy.

have fun believing in it.
DONT pretend your allowed to FORCE others to believe in your chosen fantasy

Forum List

Back