Are religious people happier than non-believers?

I missed the bronze age monk and the failed math test but as Einstein wasn't too into monks or math the first part of his life I'm not sure it makes a difference, Vox. I believe Daws intelligence is what leads him to many of his conclusions on the topic of faith, judgment, etc. I could be wrong but I believe he is still young and even 10 yrs from now I doubt he'll have the same thoughts on some things that he holds now.

Some months ago... I met a confirmed atheist who changed his mind about the existance of G-d in a single night. He hasn't made the leap to believing Jesus Christ is LORD but he is most definitely not the same young man he was before. He told me he had been reading my writings prior to his change of mind. He had read other threads on the religion board and for the most part people were not nice to him so he wasn't nice back. He also gave me permission to share that if I thought it would ever help anyone. So this is my first time sharing it with anyone. It made me realize the responsibility we all have to season what we say with love because otherwise we could be playing a very bad part in someones life. It was keeping him stuck! ( I wasn't the person who gave him a hard time - it was another christian here )

Anyhow, if that could happen to him it could happen to others and my olive branch is out to Daws always. I really care about what happens to Daws. He counts. So do you! You know God! I would like to see everyone know Him and enjoy a relationship with Him / have the opportunity to have one.

p.s. Intelligent people seek each other out - even to argue - so perhaps you enjoy the debate because he's going to give you a challenge you wouldn't get from someone else.

agree, but that is exactly the point - dawsy is not intelligent enough to debate with.
in general it is very rare to meet an atheist who is knowlegeable and does not substitute his/her ignorance by activism and aggression.

Delta4Embassy and pacer are the ones on this board which come to mind as very decent counterparts.
wow bias and jealousy !
also there's that pesky sexual identification problem.
jeri if 54 is young then thanks for the complement.

Jeri, you call this incoherent rant "intelligent" ? :lmao:

talking out your ass as always.
those stats are bias making them useless..
btw that would be stats "are"

dawsy, that you are ignorant of the basic math and statistical concepts has been proven on this site numerous times.
It is way over your intellectual abilities, so don't even try :eusa_whistle:
golly! you got me on that one!
when you wake up you'll realize it was all a dream.
oh and please show me the evidence of my assumed ignorance..

no, you are simply mentally challenged and educationally restricted.

if you are 54 and react as you do then one can make obvious conclusions.

agree, but that is exactly the point - dawsy is not intelligent enough to debate with.
in general it is very rare to meet an atheist who is knowlegeable and does not substitute his/her ignorance by activism and aggression.

Delta4Embassy and pacer are the ones on this board which come to mind as very decent counterparts.
wow bias and jealousy !

you and kosher hag have the same reading comprehension problem...

People in Red State insist they are very religious, yet that is where most suicide occurs.

I know you can not function without lying, but try - and stop.

most suicides occur among older people and Alaskan and Native Americans.

neither group is very religious in the statistical outlook.

The highest rate of suicides is in a western time zone - from south to north - which is strange as it is the only characteristic which unifies those states.

Last edited:
dawsy, that you are ignorant of the basic math and statistical concepts has been proven on this site numerous times.
It is way over your intellectual abilities, so don't even try :eusa_whistle:

wrong again! it's not me who's reacting badly...
no what?

People in Red State insist they are very religious, yet that is where most suicide occurs.

The highest rate of suicides is in a western time zone - from south to north - which is strange as it is the only characteristic which unifies those states.
bullshit...A 2004 article written by Michael Craig Miller, Medical Doctor and editor-in-chief of the Harvard Mental Health Letter, reveals the true depression and suicidal tendencies of the right-wing red staters. Here are his findings on the suicide rates by states.

Suicide rates in the United States generally rise as you go south and west. Earlier this year, I got interested in the exceptions to that rule, so I decided to create a map. States with lower than average suicide rates I colored blue; the rest I colored red.

And there it was: an approximation of the year 2000 presidential election map.

Thirteen states and the District of Columbia have lower than average suicide rates. All but one voted for Al Gore. Of the remaining 37 states, 29 voted for George W. Bush. The five states with the most lopsided Bush vote (Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Idaho, with a margin of 25 percent or more) were all among the top eight for suicide.

wow bias and jealousy !

dawsy it has been proven numerous times that you have reading comprehension disorder - as you did right here:

daws : also there's that pesky sexual identification problem.

if that is what you understood from this statement ( which is not addressed at you, precious, but at ALL atheists of BOTH genders) than only a very blinded person can not see that you have real problems with understanding what is written ( and that is not the first time you are being caught at dyslexic interpretations :lol:

bullshit...A 2004 article written by Michael Craig Miller, Medical Doctor and editor-in-chief of the Harvard Mental Health Letter, reveals the true depression and suicidal tendencies of the right-wing red staters. Here are his findings on the suicide rates by states.

Suicide rates in the United States generally rise as you go south and west. Earlier this year, I got interested in the exceptions to that rule, so I decided to create a map. States with lower than average suicide rates I colored blue; the rest I colored red.

Thirteen states and the District of Columbia have lower than average suicide rates. All but one voted for Al Gore. Of the remaining 37 states, 29 voted for George W. Bush. The five states with the most lopsided Bush vote (Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Idaho, with a margin of 25 percent or more) were all among the top eight for suicide.

dawsy, you have a problem with comprehending reading text and with math as well, so this topic is over your head.

give it a rest, it is beyond your capabilities.

no what?

now use caps lock only and more exclamation marks :lol:

dawsy it has been proven numerous times that you have reading comprehension disorder - as you did right here:

daws : also there's that pesky sexual identification problem.

if that is what you understood from this statement ( which is not addressed at you, precious, but at ALL atheists of BOTH genders) than only a very blinded person can not see that you have real problems with understanding what is written ( and that is not the first time you are being caught at dyslexic interpretations :lol:

nice dodge too bad you're lying through your teeth.
I was referring to this blatatly false statement : "agree, but that is exactly the point - dawsy is not intelligent enough to debate with."
it was directed at me... now as always you're trying to bullshit your way out of it..
you've referred to me as female countless times ..and either it's the saint brad situation where you will not admit you fucked up or it's an unfunny joke..
as to the rest of it it's just you feigning an imagined intellectual superiority.

dawsy, you have a problem with comprehending reading text and with math as well, so this topic is over your head.

give it a rest, it is beyond your capabilities.
the classic kosher girl ploy!

no what?

now use caps lock only and more exclamation marks :lol:
definite proof I've got you by your imaginary balls...
still waiting on "proof" .....
the bronze age monk ploy in 5....4...3..2..1

I was referring to this blatatly false statement : "agree, but that is exactly the point - dawsy is not intelligent enough to debate with."
it was directed at me... now as always you're trying to bullshit your way out of it..
you've referred to me as female countless times ..and either it's the saint brad situation where you will not admit you fucked up or it's an unfunny joke..
as to the rest of it it's just you feigning an imagined intellectual superiority.

dawsy, you can not comrehend the reading text and that has happened numerous times - this one is the latest one.

you were referring to this exact quote, so stop wiggling like a slime and lying now.

you do not understand what you read and consider everything being said is about YOU.

you are dumb and I say it straight to your face.
But you are NOT the only one.

and the sentence you applied to yourself is about all others, you included, but it is a generalization.

do you know what "generalization" means?

it means that something being said is not about you, precious, as you are just a typical example, but in no way a unique one :D

comprende? or should I make it all caps?

dawsy, you can not comrehend the reading text and that has happened numerous times - this one is the latest one.

you were referring to this exact quote, so stop wiggling like a slime and lying now.

you do not understand what you read and consider everything being said is about YOU.

and the sentence you applied to yourself is about all others, you included, but it is a generalization.

it means that something being said is not about you, precious, as you are just a typical example, but in no way a unique one :D

what's comrehend?
just like josher hag, toss a bunch of shit around instead of admitting to anything..

what's comrehend?
just like josher hag, toss a bunch of shit around instead of admitting to anything..

so you admit you did not understand the written text again?

nothing new under the sun.

but the world does not evolve around YOU, precious.

because you religious often USE your religion to rationalize NOT HELPING OTHERS

Trying to justify your assumptions and generalizations about Christians simply highlights your level of intolerance. All the negative presuppositions you purport reflects on how little you must think of the Obamas for professing their faith in Christianity.

the spiritual level is what's at issue....diva!
I know exactly what believers believe... I like lots of people were raised with so called Christian values.
my family attended church religiously (pun intended).
so when you say i and other nonbelievers are pretending to know...that's because WE DO know..
it's not like god just proofed us in to existence just to test you ass hats.
also your feinted indifference to what non believers think is a steaming pile of bullshit...
if that were true then why were you compelled to answer if you didn't give a shit?

You only know what you believe, and no amount of insisting that you do know will make it the truth. Just because you had a dysfunctional environment that molded your opinions doesn't make you an expert on what other people believe. Putting you in your place doesn't lend any credence to assuming that I must care about what you do or don't believe in. I'm just throwing it in your smug ass face that you don't get to make the determination what anyone except your poor angry self feels.:D
bahahahahah!
put me in my place!

You're welcome.:thup: I was happy to help you see the light...no need to feel embarrassed for being called out on playing a know it all.:D

what's comrehend?

so you admit you did not understand the written text again?

nothing new under the sun.

but the world does not evolve around YOU, precious.
more wishful thinking dear?
what's comrehend?

Trying to justify your assumptions and generalizations about Christians simply highlights your level of intolerance. All the negative presuppositions you purport reflects on how little you must think of the Obamas for professing their faith in Christianity.

You only know what you believe, and no amount of insisting that you do know will make it the truth. Just because you had a dysfunctional environment that molded your opinions doesn't make you an expert on what other people believe. Putting you in your place doesn't lend any credence to assuming that I must care about what you do or don't believe in. I'm just throwing it in your smug ass face that you don't get to make the determination what anyone except your poor angry self feels.:D
bahahahahah!
put me in my place!

You're welcome.:thup: I was happy to help you see the light...no need to feel embarrassed for being called out on playing a know it all.:D
you have a rich fantasy life...you'd have to, believing what you do.

Religious people won't be happy until everyone shares their fantasy of an invisible superbeing who runs things from another dimension and will punish me unless I obey some random book.

Forum List

Back