Are there really 46 million Americans that NEED FOOD STAMPS???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Supposedly there are 46 million that are not getting food stamps that the government wants to add to the record 46.7 million Americans on food stamps.

18 million of the 46 million make over $50,000 a year and don't want food stamps but they are being counted as Americans that NEED food stamps... again they don't want food stamps as they already spend enough on their food needs.

Then we have 14 million that the Govt. says they should be using food stamps but they are already eligible they just haven't registered!

Finally of the 46 million not getting food stamps, 10 million are not Americans,i.e. illegal citizens.

So when you subtract the 42 million that don't want, don't know and aren't legal you come up with less the 4 million that truly want and need to be getting food stamps!

My wife and I earn less than 20k a year, we don't qualify for food stamps(SNAP), with one child at home that is 11.

No only the people you deem worthy need them. All others are Lazy Welfare grabbers like 2nd Amendment

no, there are no real need for that if you are talking nutritional support.
but there is a dire need to hook up as many Americans as possible to the government tit to secure more slaves to vote for democrats for the next 200 years.

I was in Save a Lot the other day. The folks in front of me were buying groceries. Well buying is a misnomer.

They were getting groceries using their handy dandy EBT card.

They also bought two 12 packs of beer. The guy pulled a wad of money out of his pocket. Hell. You could have choked a horse on that wad. He payed for his beer with the money and our tax dollars payed for his groceries. How bout that??

Also was in 7-11 and the lady in front of me with three kids was buy snacks. Soda, chips, cookies. All payed for with her hand dandy EBT card.

Yup nice to know my tax dollars pays for food for these folks and they certainly aren't taking advantage of all that "free" money in their EBT cards.

Last edited:
I was in Save a Lot the other day. The folks in front of me were buying groceries. Well buying is a misnomer.

They also bought two 12 packs of beer. The guy pulled a wad of money out of his pocket. Hell. You could have choked a horse on that wad. He payed for his beer with the money and our tax dollars payed for his groceries. How bout that??

Also was in 7-11 and the lady in front of me with three kids was buy snacks. Soda, chips, cookies. All payed for with her hand dandy EBT card.

Yup nice to know my tax dollars pays for food for these folks.

And Lobster...you forgot to add a seafood to your fairy tale.

Save A Lot does not sell lobsters :D

Not a fairy story there CC.

Try watching next time you hit your 7-11 or grocery store. See what your tax dollar is buying.

Oh and BTW. They could have bought lobster with that EBT card. It works anywhere.

Of course they would have had to hit a higher caliber of Food Store for Lobster but I'm sure the EBT would buy it just the same.

Oh and I shop at Save A Lot, Aldi's and Wal Mart. Prices are good and I have to watch what I buy. I use my own money. No EBT card.

Last edited:
My wife and I earn less than 20k a year, we don't qualify for food stamps(SNAP), with one child at home that is 11.

Interesting...

I grew up in the 50s with 1 brother & 2 sisters.
My Dad worked one job that paid him at that time average annual income: $4,700 or less then $400/month.
Granted there weren't as many "necessities" in that time i.e. cell phone, internet, etc. but basic food requirements were still the same... basic calories per day,etc...

SO... how did we get by with no food stamps?
Dad had us work in 4 neighbor garden plots we shared with the neighbors.
We ate plenty of vegetables. We hunted mushrooms in May, raised rabbits for food, had chickens for eggs.
I remember my neighbor lady criticizing my Dad for having me drag a clod busting device loaded with rocks so I could
make the garden ready for planting. She said Dad was treating me like a horse!
Fortunately that dragging built up my calf muscles and today I see young men on football fields aimlessly pulling
similar devices BUT doing nothing except building like I did calf muscles.. the difference.. I helped grow vegetables!

So how did my Dad do it on $100/week?
In the summers we mowed several lawns one of which was our dentist in exchange for his services.
In the winters we shoveled snow from dozens of homes.

All of which built my constitution, my body and my character..!

And my Dad would be totally OFFENDED by any talk of our family being categorized as "poor"! or qualify for food stamps!

So I commend you for your family BUT maybe you could do as MY DAD did... oh wait... you can't grow vegetables unless you
have a permit! You'd be charged with child abuse if you had your kids work like my Dad did with us!
And you'd be taxed as an independent contractor for the mowing/snowing jobs!
Sad...

These people on food stamps sure as hell don't look like they're running caloric deficits.So many of them are the fattest blobs I've ever seen.

Not a fairy story there CC.

Try watching next time you hit your 7-11 or grocery store. See what your tax dollar is buying.

Oh and BTW. They could have bought lobster with that EBT card. It works anywhere.

Of course they would have had to hit a higher caliber of Food Store for Lobster but I'm sure the EBT would buy it just the same.

Oh and I shop at Save A Lot, Aldi's and Wal Mart. Prices are good and I have to watch what I buy. I use my own money. No EBT card.

You should put together a list of acceptable foods that restricts it...then start a thread on Big Govt

I started this thread because I wanted to illustrate how WRONG most of EVERYONE has been regarding the ACA/Obamacare debacle!
Change the object from "food stamps" to the "uninsured"!

1) Nearly 18 million of the uninsured lived in households with annual incomes above $50,000 -- over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually. They don't want nor need health insurance as they pay less then $1,000 out of pocket per year!
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009
Subtract from 46 million the 18 million and you get 28 million!

2) 14 million that say they are uninsured DON"T KNOW they are covered by Medicaid!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
Subtract from 28 million the 14 million covered by Medicaid leaves 14 million

3) 10 million counted in his "46 million" WERE NOT citizens!!!
Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
Subtract from 14 million the 10 million NOT citizens leaves 4 million!

So that leaves 4 million that REALLY NEED and WANT health insurance.

And this fallacy of Obama's "We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"

Didn't account for the above FACTS!!!

Yup nice to know my tax dollars pays for food for these folks and they certainly aren't taking advantage of all that "free" money in their EBT cards.

I was in a convient store the woman in front of me bought 3 20 oz mountain dews, and several small bags of chips with her ebt card. Then whipped out cash to buy a twelve pack of carona. Seems like if she was truely needy she would buy a 2 liter and a big bag of chips, but i guess she is not that needy.

Interesting...

I grew up in the 50s with 1 brother & 2 sisters.
My Dad worked one job that paid him at that time average annual income: $4,700 or less then $400/month.
Granted there weren't as many "necessities" in that time i.e. cell phone, internet, etc. but basic food requirements were still the same... basic calories per day,etc...

SO... how did we get by with no food stamps?
Dad had us work in 4 neighbor garden plots we shared with the neighbors.
We ate plenty of vegetables. We hunted mushrooms in May, raised rabbits for food, had chickens for eggs.
I remember my neighbor lady criticizing my Dad for having me drag a clod busting device loaded with rocks so I could
make the garden ready for planting. She said Dad was treating me like a horse!
Fortunately that dragging built up my calf muscles and today I see young men on football fields aimlessly pulling
similar devices BUT doing nothing except building like I did calf muscles.. the difference.. I helped grow vegetables!

So how did my Dad do it on $100/week?
In the summers we mowed several lawns one of which was our dentist in exchange for his services.
In the winters we shoveled snow from dozens of homes.

All of which built my constitution, my body and my character..!

And my Dad would be totally OFFENDED by any talk of our family being categorized as "poor"! or qualify for food stamps!

So I commend you for your family BUT maybe you could do as MY DAD did... oh wait... you can't grow vegetables unless you
have a permit! You'd be charged with child abuse if you had your kids work like my Dad did with us!
And you'd be taxed as an independent contractor for the mowing/snowing jobs!
Sad...

I made my kids go to work with me when I ran a masonry business, I started them at 7 worked them until they were old enough to get jobs they wanted.
I started working at 5 picking pecans for 5 cents a pound on my grandparents farm, and mowed lawns until I was old enough to work in restaurants, age 12.
I can and do grow any veggies I like, I don't live in the city and when I did I had a two thousand square foot veggie garden, where I practiced organic gardening.
My plan now is clear cutting the dying oaks from beetle infestation and replanting with fruit, pine and ornamentals for resale.
I don't need SNAP I was merely showing that what was posted is not all true.
What is best about the land is that blackberries grow naturally along with huckleberries and my fav mulberries. When I first looked at the land in '98 there was wild strawberries, I also want to play blueberries

“The Republicans believe in the minimum wage — the more the minimum, the better.” - Harry Truman

Forum List

Back