Are These Reasonable Regulations of Guns? or Harassment of Gun Owners?

Laws written by people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Here's something to think about imagine lawmakers going up against gun owners most viciously the way they're doing right now. Then just think about how worse it will be with no guns in the hands of the civilian population

These are the new anti-gun laws that the Virginia Dimocrats are set to pass ASAP.

Here's the List of Bills Anti-Gunners Plan to Enact in Virginia - GunsAmerica Digest

The list from local news affiliate WSET:

• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.
  • Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
  • Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.
  • Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.
  • Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.
  • Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which currently prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearms in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.

mostly fair and logical

I don't agree with #3 or the last 2 bullet points.

Also #2 needs to ban any weapon with quick change magazines. We don't need any more Vegas shooters firing 1500 rounds into crowds. 15 rounds is more than anyone needs to protect family.
Says the voice of no clue whatsoever. Come get mine.

Repubtards steal money from citizens to build up the police & military to force citizens to obey their laws. They will never allow citizens to have a level of arms To prevent them from forcing their will on you
The largest stand army is the private citizens in the U.S. 150 million gun owners with over 500 million guns
Why have a military at all if we have the Walmart militia?
because the war industry demands we have one.

These are the new anti-gun laws that the Virginia Dimocrats are set to pass ASAP.

Here's the List of Bills Anti-Gunners Plan to Enact in Virginia - GunsAmerica Digest

• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.
  • Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
  • Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.
  • Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.
  • Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.
  • Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which currently prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearms in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.
I'm OK with most of these. Some details might be problematic but generally they're OK. They should have little or no impact on the average user.

Not sure what constitutes a "dangerous weapon" (high-capacity magazines, bump stocks should be restricted IMHO) or if I'd be prohibited from taking my kids to a range to shoot.
How will they stop crime? I know you don't have an answer because it won't, but those commie bastards are starting a war in VA. The vast majority of the sheriffs are refusing to cooperate with the commie scum.

Here's something to think about imagine lawmakers going up against gun owners most viciously the way they're doing right now. Then just think about how worse it will be with no guns in the hands of the civilian population
Do you think crazy people should have access to any gun they want? Anyone who tries to place an impediment between a crazed mass murderer and his/her intended victims is vicious. Got it.

Do you think crazy people should have access to any gun they want? Anyone who tries to place an impediment between a crazed mass murderer and his/her intended victims is vicious. Got it.
Except it's not just crazy people affected.

I don't do red herring

Do you think crazy people should have access to any gun they want?

Now you want psych exams before selling a firearm?

Anyone that tries to place bullshit rules between someone and a Constitutional right is a fool.

Last edited:
Repubtards banned full auto, machine guns, gatling guns, bump stocks, etc

no, you don't but tyrants creating laws that only benefit them is nothing to joke about.

The next time you`re stopped and disarmed at a metal detector give the police your little "infringement" speech

THOSE red flag laws are created for one purpose to legally confiscate firearms

Republicans also won't allow citizen to own weaponized militarized fighter jets

They will never allow citizens to have a level of arms To prevent them from forcing their will on you[/QUOTE]

The largest stand army is the private citizens in the U.S. 150 million gun owners with over 500 million guns

And, we have politicians begging for that power- which makes absolutely 0 sense in a Country that was founded on the principles of Natural Rights being protected from intrusion by law makers into the every day life of inhabitants- "shall not be infringed" is the declarative. Period

And this is why the 2nd is toast, like most of our constitution , the Gub'Mit has already 'infringed' limits & specifications

Further, the easiest way to subjugate any populace , is to make them feel they are not, feel they're protectors.....

So, all of you pinning away for your civil war can squabble over the infringment your arsenal has succumbed to

Those that take up arms probably won't last until the news team arrives , those that do survive will be considered domestic terrorists , and have no rights at all under the PA

now who's joking?

~S~
My right to self-defense predates any form of government. My right to self-defense exists where I step and as far as I can see. it doesn't stop at my property it exceeds past county State and Country lines. If I am there my right is there with me.

Full Auto Belt Fed / Quick Change Large Cap Mags will cause you to lose In a real revolution / civil war situation, because you will waste all your ammo, give away your location, need larger vulnerable supply lines, more mined resources, more manufacturing & be slowed down packing a lot more weight. TV show suppressive gunfire is a real life joke.

Belt fed guns & quick change mags only benefit mass murder like the SS mowing down prisoners at burial sights during Holocaust, or a nutjob shooting at 60,000 football fans packed like sardines in a stadium.

I suggest the wannabe Democrat tyrants of the Virginia State government take a look at their state flag.

va state flag.png

no, you don't but tyrants creating laws that only benefit them is nothing to joke about.

The next time you`re stopped and disarmed at a metal detector give the police your little "infringement" speech

They will never allow citizens to have a level of arms To prevent them from forcing their will on you[/QUOTE]

And, we have politicians begging for that power- which makes absolutely 0 sense in a Country that was founded on the principles of Natural Rights being protected from intrusion by law makers into the every day life of inhabitants- "shall not be infringed" is the declarative. Period

And this is why the 2nd is toast, like most of our constitution , the Gub'Mit has already 'infringed' limits & specifications

Further, the easiest way to subjugate any populace , is to make them feel they are not, feel they're protectors.....

So, all of you pinning away for your civil war can squabble over the infringment your arsenal has succumbed to

Those that take up arms probably won't last until the news team arrives , those that do survive will be considered domestic terrorists , and have no rights at all under the PA

now who's joking?

~S~
My right to self-defense predates any form of government. My right to self-defense exists where I step and as far as I can see. it doesn't stop at my property it exceeds past county State and Country lines. If I am there my right is there with me.

Full Auto Belt Fed / Quick Change Large Cap Mags will cause you to lose In a real revolution / civil war situation, because you will waste all your ammo, give away your location, need larger vulnerable supply lines, more mined resources, more manufacturing & be slowed down packing a lot more weight. TV show suppressive gunfire is a real life joke.

Belt fed guns & quick change mags only benefit mass murder like the SS mowing down prisoners at burial sights during Holocaust, or a nutjob shooting at 60,000 football fans packed like sardines in a stadium.
What is your point that you are trying to make? Please stop showing your ignorance
Dude I alone have over a thousand magazines with over 28,000 rounds of ammo stored in one of my places and just for one of my rifles triple that for the others located in different places. years and years of buying 2 magazines and three boxes of ammo will get you a lot.

now who's joking?

~S~

You're a liar and a moron.

The only thing I might change is the number of guns that can be purchased in a 30 day period. I might change that to 2 maybe 3. But, otherwise, these sound pretty common sense.

As for temporarily taking of the firearms of a person on a protection order, that's done by order of a Judge and that is covered under the Constitution. NO person or LE has that right without the express warrant from a Court. it's called "Due Process".

And the use of the words "Assault Rifle" won't stand up in court. That's already been established. That needs to be made more specific. If you are going to ban a specific weapon, spell it out. The term "Ar-15 and AK-47 and their various clones" has been upheld. The term "Assault Rifle" is just too vague.

False. Red flag laws violate the rights of the accused and due process. The punishment is meted without the guilty - since the assumption is guilt - even being charged. A judge declares guilt on accusation alone with no trial, no defense, no right of appeal. Certainly not per the United States Constitution, though I get that you prefer the North Korean constitution as the ruling document.

Okay, let's take a good look at your nonsensical overreactions. You always take it to the extremes. And you wonder why States are passing these laws without consulting those like you? Easy answer, you are a fruitcake. But let's take each one point for point.

How is the assault on the Constitution by you Stalinists anything but extreme?

• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.Father giving his son a rifle is now illegal?
As long as the Son is under age, the Parent or Guardian is responsible for that firearm and how it's used and stored. The underaged Son cannot legally own that gun. But when he comes of age, he can and MUST pass a legal background check to take possession of it. That's been a federal law for quite a few decades now. You don't like it, then get it changed. Otherwise, live with it. The VA law is just mirroring the Federal Law. Nothing to see here. Move on.

You're lying about federal law. There is no requirement for a father to run a background check on his children. The extreme and radical move by the State violates the 2nd Amendment. Fuck you.

• Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers. What good is a NONdangerous weapon?
Again, dopey, the term Assault Weapon won't hold up in court. But if they say something specific like "AR-15 and AK-47 and their various clones" it will stand up in court. The law didn't go far enough. The high capacity Mags needed to be listed as at least 15 to pass the courts. The Bump Stocks already are illegal by Federal Standards. The Silencers are already covered by the FFL licensing. VA just needs to clean this law up a bit. But the intent is in the right place.

"Dangerous Weapon" could be an ax or a broom. It is idiocy by you Communists seeking carte blanch to disarm the public.

• Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period. What good does this do?
I would not do less than 2 and more than 3. But there is nothing really wrong with 1 in a 30 day period. What are doing, stocking up for your "Civil War"? Nothing to see here, move on.

What you would do is irrelevant. The move violates the commerce clause of the Constitution by restraint of trade. The state has no standing to force or infringe the purchase of otherwise legal items.

• Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours. So if you just got back from vacation, you are now a criminal?
If your weapon was stolen while you are on vacation and you report it within 24 hours after discovering it then what's the beef. Or maybe your entire "Civil Revolution" Stash was stolen while you were gone and you can't figure out how to report it because....... Pick a reason. Nothing to see here, move on.

The application of this is ex post facto in nature. As proposed, the Virginia statute would apply penalty to those who did not know a weapon was missing. It is an absurdity and a direct assault on civil rights.

• Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others. This can be exploited for purposes of revenge or harassment too easily; lower form of 'swatting.
This is why Due Process is used. You remember that, that's the thing that your bunch ignores on a daily basis. NO Person nor LE can confiscate your weapons without a Court order by a Judge or Grand Jury. And the person that has lost his weapons has the right to go back to the original court and sue to get those weapons back. And that is usually done in a couple of Hours. Nothing to see here. Move on.

That is the opposite of due process.

The guilty is adjudicated with no charge, no trial, no ability to confront the accuser, no right to call witnesses, no right to cross examine, no right of appeal.

Our system is founded on the notion that government operates by the consent of the governed. When government does not, then that government is illegitimate and must rightly be resisted and replaced.

Virginia has crossed the line into tyranny. Any resistance of the public is fully warranted under our Constitution. Communities can and must call up the civilian militia to compel through force of arms the rogue tyranny that has taken hold to return to constitutional governance.

Forum List

Back