Are White People Discriminated Against?

This has been a question I have been pondering for the last few years. Many years ago I would never have thought of this since most upper management people were white so I really didn't have to deal with discrimination unless I saw one of my friends get discriminated against or heard them use it as an excuse as to why they didn't get promoted. In the last fifteen years or so I notice that there are more non-white people in higher positions. They are in positions to promote and deny promotions to other people. I'm not saying that every white person who gets turned down for a promotion is the victim of prejudice but with an increasing number of non-white managers one has to wonder if a small percentage of those managers might have certain prejudices against white people. Such prejudices could lead to white people getting discriminated against. Does anyone think this is a possibility or are the only people capable of being prejudice are white people?

You haven't heard of affirmative action have you?

A program based on giving people privileges solely based on their skin color. Perfect example of the institutional racism that the regressive media always reminds us of.

I don't know about Whites but I was handicapped from birth. A lot of folks had talents. Some folks had great luck in life. I was less fortunate than those folks because I had no talent and had no luck at all. Everything I am and have, I depended upon my good looks to get. I managed to acquire some amount of wealth and posterity all because I was so unbelievably good looking.

Are there black people who hate white people? Sure. Absolutely.

White bigots seem to believe this excuses their own discrimination. If you catch them being a bigot, they whip out the old Tu Quoque Fallacy quicker than you can say, "Jim Crow made me do it!"

Two Wrongs Make A Right Winger.
Jim crow was a Democrat big government idea... your party

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Jim Crow was a Conservative idea- using government to enforce 'morality'- your ideology.

That has always been the democrats M.O.

That has always been Conservatives m.o.

Government telling people how they should conduct themselves

Wait.. you are contending that conservatives want ever reaching big government in our lives?

You haven't been paying attention very much.

Oh but I have- which was the party that blocked the repeal of Sodomy laws in Louisiana? Even though the Supreme Court ruled that such laws were an unconstitutional intrusion of Big Government into our lives- our bedrooms?

Yep. It was bible-thumping Christian conservatives who supported Jim Crow. Racists were right wing Democrats then, and are right wing Republicans today.

2gsfinn.jpg

This has been a question I have been pondering for the last few years. Many years ago I would never have thought of this since most upper management people were white so I really didn't have to deal with discrimination unless I saw one of my friends get discriminated against or heard them use it as an excuse as to why they didn't get promoted. In the last fifteen years or so I notice that there are more non-white people in higher positions. They are in positions to promote and deny promotions to other people. I'm not saying that every white person who gets turned down for a promotion is the victim of prejudice but with an increasing number of non-white managers one has to wonder if a small percentage of those managers might have certain prejudices against white people. Such prejudices could lead to white people getting discriminated against. Does anyone think this is a possibility or are the only people capable of being prejudice are white people?

Most people are prejudiced. Just most of us try not to let our prejudices control our reason.

As a white person though, I cannot recall an instance where I have ever been discriminated against based upon my skin color.

I have been discriminated against because I'm gay and a woman...as a Caucasian? Never.

You know, and I'm not doubting you, but I've asked some gays that I know if the have experienced discrimination, and unanimously they answer "no". Now, they will say that some people look at them funny or whatnot, but not actual discrimination.

I experienced actual discrimination in employment.

Yep. It was bible-thumping Christian conservatives who supported Jim Crow. Racists were right wing Democrats then, and are right wing Republicans today.

2gsfinn.jpg

What has remained pretty consistent is the area of the country, not the political party.

Exactly.

Ye Olde Southern conservative Klansmen the modern day rubes like to point out were Democrats hated big government and taxes, were very vociferous about states rights, loved Jesus, and America, too. You betcha.

2e4hrhs.jpg

We're Republicans now.

....Racists were right wing Democrats then, and are right wing Republicans today.

Democrats then and democrats today. The democrat party hasn't changed anything but its marketing.

Forum List

Back