Are you a climate change denier?

This is a new position for you guys. Last year gw was a hoax remember?

Never was to me. My position has always been that Greenhouse gases play a role in the thermal equilibrium of surface temps. But to SIMPLETONS -- that's the MOST important question. It really is not. The questions are whether the MANY APOCALYPTIC projections and theories of GW --- like "trigger temperatures" or runaway unescapable destruction of the planet due to feedbacks and ACCELERATED warming are LIKELY to manifest.

And there I part ways. Because all the models OVER-EMPHASIZE the contribution of CO2. And there is to date -- 30 years after all the hysteria and hype --- only DOWNWARD revisions in the projections out of Climate science. EXCEPT --- that the Exxon Report 30 years agoi got closer to an accurate projection than ANYTHING that came out the "Climate Science" factory.. That's actually NOT "lying to the public" -- it's just incredibly embarrassing to the activists in labcoats that were DRIVING "the total climate destruction" scenarios that you've been fed.

When you cling to just a few factoids and talking points, you're not getting the COMPLEXITY of the issues related to GW..
Too bad you guys didn't clarify this 10 years ago or 20 or 40. Now you are finally starting to shift your argument. I'll go back and find some examples.

Never was to me. My position has always been that Greenhouse gases play a role in the thermal equilibrium of surface temps. But to SIMPLETONS -- that's the MOST important question. It really is not. The questions are whether the MANY APOCALYPTIC projections and theories of GW --- like "trigger temperatures" or runaway unescapable destruction of the planet due to feedbacks and ACCELERATED warming are LIKELY to manifest.

And there I part ways. Because all the models OVER-EMPHASIZE the contribution of CO2. And there is to date -- 30 years after all the hysteria and hype --- only DOWNWARD revisions in the projections out of Climate science. EXCEPT --- that the Exxon Report 30 years agoi got closer to an accurate projection than ANYTHING that came out the "Climate Science" factory.. That's actually NOT "lying to the public" -- it's just incredibly embarrassing to the activists in labcoats that were DRIVING "the total climate destruction" scenarios that you've been fed.

When you cling to just a few factoids and talking points, you're not getting the COMPLEXITY of the issues related to GW..
Yea that's what you say because you've only been on these boards since October 2016. Everyone else who sounds like you was saying GW wasn't real back then. And I'm sure you were too. In fact I work with a guy who is a denier and I see his arguments shift along with Nikki Haley and Rex's position that GW is real.

Last edited:

It was the Republican position. I don't care what YOU believed especially when you weren't on USMB back then. I'm going to assume you are a liar since you are a Republican.

Anyways, Haley replied: "President Trump believes the climate is changing, and he believes pollutants are part of that equation. So, that is the fact, that is where we are, that's where it stands."

Interesting because last year Trump was telling stupid Republican voters who showed up to his rallies that GW was a hoax by the chinese. You never believed that? Liar!!!

Yea that's what you say because you've only been on these boards since October 2016. Everyone else who sounds like you was saying GW wasn't real back then. And I'm sure you were too. In fact I work with a guy who is a denier and I see his arguments shift along with Nikki Haley and Rex's position that GW is real.

In fact I work with a guy who is a denier and I see his arguments shift along with Nikki Haley and Rex's position that GW is real.

No fair! Only supporters of global warming....err....climate change....err....severe weather....err....climate weirding get to shift their position, eh?

In fact I work with a guy who is a denier and I see his arguments shift along with Nikki Haley and Rex's position that GW is real.

No fair! Only supporters of global warming....err....climate change....err....severe weather....err....climate weirding get to shift their position, eh?

What have we shifted on?

A: Global warming occurs when carbon dioxide (CO2) and other air pollutants and greenhouse gasses collect in the atmosphere and absorb sunlight and solar radiation that have bounced off the earth’s surface. Normally, this radiation would escape into space—but these pollutants, which can last for years to centuries in the atmosphere, trap the heat and cause the planet to get hotter. That's what's known as the greenhouse effect.

In the United States, the burning of fossil fuels to make electricity is the largest source of heat-trapping pollution, producing about two billion tons of CO2 every year. Coal-burning power plants are by far the biggest polluters. The country’s second-largest source of carbon pollution is the transportation sector, which generates about 1.7 billion tons of CO2 emissions a year.

Curbing dangerous climate change requires very deep cuts in emissions, as well as the use of alternatives to fossil fuels worldwide. The good news is that we’ve started a turnaround: CO2 emissions in the United States actually decreased from 2005 to 2014, thanks in part to new, energy-efficient technology and the use of cleaner fuels. And scientists continue to develop new ways to modernize power plants, generate cleaner electricity, and burn less gasoline while we drive. The challenge is to be sure these solutions are put to use and widely adopted.

Q: How is global warming linked to extreme weather?

Who are you? Are you a scientist? Nope! Just a liar and denier.

Global warming is happening now. The planet's temperature is rising. The trend is clear and unmistakable.

Every one of the past 40 years has been warmer than the 20th century average. 2016 was the hottest year on record. The 12 warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998.

Globally, the average surface temperature has increased more than one degree Fahrenheit since the late 1800s. Most of that increase has occurred over just the past three decades.

We are the cause. We are overloading our atmosphere with carbon dioxide, which traps heat and steadily drives up the planet’s temperature. Where does all this carbon come from? The fossil fuels we burn for energy—coal, natural gas, and oil—plus the loss of forests due to deforestation, especially in the tropics.

The scientific evidence is clear. Within the scientific community, there is no debate. An overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that global warming is happening and that human activity is the primary cause.

What have we shifted on?

A: Global warming occurs when carbon dioxide (CO2) and other air pollutants and greenhouse gasses collect in the atmosphere and absorb sunlight and solar radiation that have bounced off the earth’s surface. Normally, this radiation would escape into space—but these pollutants, which can last for years to centuries in the atmosphere, trap the heat and cause the planet to get hotter. That's what's known as the greenhouse effect.

In the United States, the burning of fossil fuels to make electricity is the largest source of heat-trapping pollution, producing about two billion tons of CO2 every year. Coal-burning power plants are by far the biggest polluters. The country’s second-largest source of carbon pollution is the transportation sector, which generates about 1.7 billion tons of CO2 emissions a year.

Curbing dangerous climate change requires very deep cuts in emissions, as well as the use of alternatives to fossil fuels worldwide. The good news is that we’ve started a turnaround: CO2 emissions in the United States actually decreased from 2005 to 2014, thanks in part to new, energy-efficient technology and the use of cleaner fuels. And scientists continue to develop new ways to modernize power plants, generate cleaner electricity, and burn less gasoline while we drive. The challenge is to be sure these solutions are put to use and widely adopted.

What have we shifted on?

global warming....err....climate change....err....severe weather....err....climate weirding

Global warming is happening now. The planet's temperature is rising. The trend is clear and unmistakable.

Every one of the past 40 years has been warmer than the 20th century average. 2016 was the hottest year on record. The 12 warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998.

Globally, the average surface temperature has increased more than one degree Fahrenheit since the late 1800s. Most of that increase has occurred over just the past three decades.

We are the cause. We are overloading our atmosphere with carbon dioxide, which traps heat and steadily drives up the planet’s temperature. Where does all this carbon come from? The fossil fuels we burn for energy—coal, natural gas, and oil—plus the loss of forests due to deforestation, especially in the tropics.

The scientific evidence is clear. Within the scientific community, there is no debate. An overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that global warming is happening and that human activity is the primary cause.

Global warming is happening now. The planet's temperature is rising.

Since the last ice age.

The trend is clear and unmistakable.

Except when it pauses or reverses.

2016 was the hottest year on record.

How many trillions spent on windmills would have prevented that?

Where does all this carbon come from? The fossil fuels we burn for energy—coal, natural gas, and oil—

If libs were serious about the threat and wanted us to have reliable energy, they'd support nuclear power.
They aren't and they don't so they won't.

"Odd how one can deny something people already being effected by it are trying to mitigate.

I wouldn't say "deny-er" so much as an "I don't give a fuck-er". There will be no significant negative impact on my part of the world in my lifetime. So why the hell would I care?

What have we shifted on?

Too bad you guys didn't clarify this 10 years ago or 20 or 40. Now you are finally starting to shift your argument. I'll go back and find some examples.

Never shifted the argument. Just a lot of folks who barely understand the various "moving parts" of GW that have been told the entire Climate is controlled by CO2 and that the world was gonna end. Most skeptics are (and have been) COMPLETELY consistent and clear on this. It was NEVER the crisis that was painted by the alarmists back in the 1980s..

It was the Republican position. I don't care what YOU believed especially when you weren't on USMB back then. I'm going to assume you are a liar since you are a Republican.

Anyways, Haley replied: "President Trump believes the climate is changing, and he believes pollutants are part of that equation. So, that is the fact, that is where we are, that's where it stands."

Interesting because last year Trump was telling stupid Republican voters who showed up to his rallies that GW was a hoax by the chinese. You never believed that? Liar!!!

Hey now. You just lied. I've NEVER been "a republican". I went from radical leftist to libertarian back in the early 90s and have worked since for Indie politics and 3rd party issues -- like ballot and debate access.

See -- you actually want to divert to POLITICS -- rather than discuss your inadequate understanding of the MANY premises and theories and projections that have been claimed for GW.. I don't blame you. Because you only know what you've been indoctrinated in by the political clash.

"Pollutants" Aren't any part of the problem (except in REDUCING actual warming) because GreenHouse gases are NOT pollutants. CO2 is essential for life on the life on the Planet. NATURE puts TWENTY TIMES the amount of CO2 into the atmosphere every year than man does. Can't be "a pollutant" if CO2 comes OUT of your lungs at 6 to 8 times the "natural" concentration.

Besides there's not a political leader that actually KNOWS much about Climate Science and GW. Neither on Trump's side or ANY other side.

Let's discuss the theory and issues of GW and NOT --- my politics or yours huh??

2016 was the warmest year on record because of a Massive El Nino. .The 12 warmest years since 1998 only VARY by less than 0.15degC outside of the recent El Nino years.

It's 0.6degC since you were born or less. You panicked? Why?

The Earth is not even remotely analogous to a greenhouse.

I garden and when I pump CO2 into a greenhouse it is not to warm it up. It's because of this.

CO2 is the green gas.

And people who think that a trace gas is the Earth's thermostat lack critical thinking skills. The science indicates that CO2 is not the Earth's thermostat and Al Gore says it is. Al Gore is a Democrat so they believe Al Gore.

Last edited:
"
Executive Summary

It is well-established that global warming has resulted in global sea-level rise. Since 1870, average global sea level has risen by about 8 inches. As the climate has become increasingly warmer, the annual rate of sea-level rise has accelerated. Average annual sea-level rise between 1993 and 2011 was 78 percent higher than between 1961 and 1993.

Four county governments in Southeast Florida, in response to impacts of sea-level rise, established the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact in January 2010. The purpose of this agreement between the county governments of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach Counties – which have a combined population of 5.6 million — is to develop mitigation and adaptation strategies through joint efforts and to actively inform critical policymaking and government funding decisions at the state and federal levels."
Sea-Level Rise and its Impact on Florida World Resources Institute

Odd how one can deny something people already being effected by it are trying to mitigate.

YES.

"
Executive Summary

It is well-established that global warming has resulted in global sea-level rise. Since 1870, average global sea level has risen by about 8 inches. As the climate has become increasingly warmer, the annual rate of sea-level rise has accelerated. Average annual sea-level rise between 1993 and 2011 was 78 percent higher than between 1961 and 1993.

Four county governments in Southeast Florida, in response to impacts of sea-level rise, established the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact in January 2010. The purpose of this agreement between the county governments of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach Counties – which have a combined population of 5.6 million — is to develop mitigation and adaptation strategies through joint efforts and to actively inform critical policymaking and government funding decisions at the state and federal levels."
Sea-Level Rise and its Impact on Florida World Resources Institute

Odd how one can deny something people already being effected by it are trying to mitigate.

Exxon has been lying for 40 years

Exxon Mobil 'Misled' Public On Climate Change For 40 Years, Harvard Study Finds | HuffPost

About 80 percent of Exxon Mobil’s research and internal memos acknowledged that climate change was real and caused by humans.

So what?
They hid and you denied for 40 years

Who cares s0n.............your side isn't winning. That's the ONLY thing that matters!!!:2up::bye1::bye1:

Green Is the Color of Bread Mold

The hell they aren't winning. Repeal the job-killing Endangered (Unfit) Species Act, which action our back-stabbing politician friends never introduce. Only then will the Jolly Green Giant be turning into a sad midget.

2016 was the warmest year on record because of a Massive El Nino. .The 12 warmest years since 1998 only VARY by less than 0.15degC outside of the recent El Nino years.

It's 0.6degC since you were born or less. You panicked? Why?
There's not much of a record to speak of in the first place. So saying "warmest year on record" really isn't saying much.

Since the last ice age.

Where does all this carbon come from? The fossil fuels we burn for energy—coal, natural gas, and oil—

If libs were serious about the threat and wanted us to have reliable energy, they'd support nuclear power.
Get it done now that you're in charge.

Since the last ice age.

Get it done now that you're in charge.

Get liberals to pull their heads out of their asses?
I wish it were that easy.

Forum List

Back