Are you a dog person or a cat person or other kind of pet person?

The manx lost his buddy six months.

12189735_1200855396595074_4839341047362637757_n.jpg

I have missed your kindness a lot, AquaAthena .
I would have pm'd this to you but it's shut off..so..I am telling you here.
Thank you.

Losing a furkid is hard. Very hard. They are not called Companion Animals for funzies. So when you lose that companion....oy.
And...when you can't talk about it, its even worse. Double oy.

I like cats well enough. But I love my dogs. I worked on the road for almost 20 years. I met a lot of great people where ever I went. I can only remember a handful of their names. But I also met a lot of great dogs. I remember almost all of their names. There were a few I would go by and visit. Some of them have shown such resilience and courage. Most have shown me the true meaning of unconditional love and of loyalty.

I can say, without shame, that I have cried every time I have lost one of my dogs. And I can say without hesitation that my life is richer for having known them.

With all of that said, my work in the last 2 year has made me a fan of another animal. Goats are some pretty cool beasts.

I added some pics of the goats I worked with. And one of our Great Pyrenees that guard them. Great Pyrenees are an amazing breed.

Just another day at the office.JPG

This is George. One of the most devoted dogs I have ever known. Not devoted to me, or even to his owner. George watches over a herd of 35 goats that work all over Atlanta. Here he is just hanging out with some new babies. They are as safe as they can be. George is a big sweet boy. But he can go from big sweet dog to polar bear in a split second if something threatens any member of his herd. And his herd can clear kudzu, privet and heavy underbrush like a plague of locusts.

I like cats well enough. But I love my dogs. I worked on the road for almost 20 years. I met a lot of great people where ever I went. I can only remember a handful of their names. But I also met a lot of great dogs. I remember almost all of their names. There were a few I would go by and visit. Some of them have shown such resilience and courage. Most have shown me the true meaning of unconditional love and of loyalty.

I can say, without shame, that I have cried every time I have lost one of my dogs. And I can say without hesitation that my life is richer for having known them.

With all of that said, my work in the last 2 year has made me a fan of another animal. Goats are some pretty cool beasts.

Remembering the dogs' names is kind of weird. :p

I've had cats most of my life, with an occasional dog thrown in. Now we have some of both.

The Jack is 10yo and the mix is about 5 and is pouting because he didn't get to go for a car ride. :rolleyes:

15825849_1148212681958233_1203528526737879138_n[1].jpg

Then my boys brought these home....

osiris.jpg

peewee.jpg

We also have chickens that can be great entertainment, but not really 'pets'

I had chickens a few years ago. One became my pet. she would come in my room from the yard and perch on my recliner arm. Not house trained, so I had to stop her from that. Unfortunately, I had to sell them. I was doing the cage cleaning, egg gathering, straw replacing, etc all by myself and couldn't do it any more so I said "sell them". We sold the chickens and the coop to a couple a few streets over. I sure miss those fresh eggs! And the friendly hen!

Remembering the dogs' names is kind of weird. :p

Yeah, probably so. Its not the first time the word "weird" and I have met in a sentence.

Forum List

Back