Are you a race realist or a race denier?

Are you a race realist or a race denier?

• Race realist

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Race denier

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Mac, it seems like you don't understand averages.

I never said ALL blacks are dumb as bricks or that ALL Asians are the next coming of Einstein.

Just FYI, mixed races exist in between blacks and whites. Hmm... maybe your mixed race explains your extreme centrism.
And you missed my point.

So if you, and the Regressives, want to think you're better than others, that's fine with me.

No harm, no foul.
I've noticed that in large part, such thinking is where the problems begin. For many, mostly leftists; merely acknowledging the existence of race, makes a person a "racist". The word has been so severely misused for so long its virtually meaningless. Which makes having any discussion about race meaningless.
Well, that's a big part of the problem. Constantly protecting, deflecting for, attacking for, and making excuses for people will only enable their worst behaviors.

That's just fundamental human nature.

Hmm... if a 5 foot Asian tells me he can't basketball because he's too short, well, any decent coach will believe him. He won't ever rank among the best. Sorry to say... Why aren't the Asians dominating the NBA?

The only question that remains is why you are still in denial.
Well, it must mean I'm just not as smart as you.

See? Your theory works.

Mac, I know you are smarter than this. I have seen it... Even if not a genius you are above IQ 70, which is enough to figure this shit out.

I believe you actually agree with me, but your extreme centrism prevents you from accepting the truth unless most of your peers accept it first. Come on, grow a pair finally.

Scientifically the issue is settled: There are differences between races and the differences didn't stop at the neck. Particularly Asians are very intelligent, whites somewhere in the middle, blacks the bottom tire (on average, of course).

So how many here accept this reality, and how many live in denial?
Wrong.

It is a settled and accepted fact of science, beyond dispute, that there is no such thing as ‘race’; consequently, there are no ‘differences’ concerning something that doesn’t exist.

“[G]iven current scientific data, biological races do not exist among modern humans today, and they have never existed in the past.”

Why Are We Divided by Race When There Is No Such Thing?

‘Race’ therefore exists solely as a human construct, a contrivance intended to divide people and justify hostility toward those perceived to be ‘different.’

Such is the reprehensible right and its pathetic efforts to defend the racist Trump – to ‘defend’ the indefensible.

This was a thread about science, not PC zealotry. Please go away, dear god... you are literally denying your own eyes, too dumb to read.

And you missed my point.

So if you, and the Regressives, want to think you're better than others, that's fine with me.

No harm, no foul.
I've noticed that in large part, such thinking is where the problems begin. For many, mostly leftists; merely acknowledging the existence of race, makes a person a "racist". The word has been so severely misused for so long its virtually meaningless. Which makes having any discussion about race meaningless.
Well, that's a big part of the problem. Constantly protecting, deflecting for, attacking for, and making excuses for people will only enable their worst behaviors.

Hmm... if a 5 foot Asian tells me he can't basketball because he's too short, well, any decent coach will believe him. He won't ever rank among the best. Sorry to say... Why aren't the Asians dominating the NBA?

See? Your theory works.

Mac, I know you are smarter than this. I have seen it... Even if not a genius you are above IQ 70, which is enough to figure this shit out.

I believe you actually agree with me, but your extreme centrism prevents you from accepting the truth unless most of your peers accept it first. Come on, grow a pair finally.
You keep harping on that.

As I've already told you, you can see where I stand on the issues in the second line of my sig. I've been down this road before. I'm not a centrist, but some just love to label me as one.

We disagree. I can live with that.

See? Your theory works.

As I've already told you, you can see where I stand on the issues in the second line of my sig. I've been down this road before. I'm not a centrist, but some just love to label me as one.

I am sorry, your standing on the issue does not permit you to make up your own facts. If you believe there is no difference in the IQ you will have to find the evidence.

Scientifically the issue is settled: There are differences between races and the differences didn't stop at the neck. Particularly Asians are very intelligent, whites somewhere in the middle, blacks the bottom tire (on average, of course).

Wrong.

It is a settled and accepted fact of science, beyond dispute, that there is no such thing as ‘race’; consequently, there are no ‘differences’ concerning something that doesn’t exist.

“[G]iven current scientific data, biological races do not exist among modern humans today, and they have never existed in the past.”

‘Race’ therefore exists solely as a human construct, a contrivance intended to divide people and justify hostility toward those perceived to be ‘different.’

Such is the reprehensible right and its pathetic efforts to defend the racist Trump – to ‘defend’ the indefensible.

Um....if "race" isn't real, neither is "racism".

Wrong.

The argument isn't so much that race doesn't exist, but that it doesn't exist from the standpoint of biology. Race can still exist as a social construct. :dunno:

Wrong.

The argument isn't so much that race doesn't exist, but that it doesn't exist from the standpoint of biology. Race can still exist as a social construct. :dunno:

Yeah, kind of like gender.

Wrong.

This was a thread about science, not PC zealotry. Please go away, dear god... you are literally denying your own eyes, too dumb to read.

To be fair, at least C_Clayton provided some sort of evidence. In this "thread about science," you have made some claims about science without providing evidence of them.

See? Your theory works.

I am sorry, your standing on the issue does not permit you to make up your own facts. If you believe there is no difference in the IQ you will have to find the evidence.
Well, I'll get right that, the moment I'm interested enough to do so.

This is such a silly thread and a silly argument. While I don't know what the terms "realist" or "denier" are intended to mean. Even if we did, the outcome of arguments over people's relative IQs wouldn't change a thing, not only because we would still be living in the same society, but also because IQ is an individual trait.

Our nation would be a whole lot better of if parents would start setting their kids up to earn admission to our nation's top schools. The parent's encouragement of their child to study hard seems to be a key contributing factor in the child's later success. Keeping one's kids inside to finish their homework and master their music lessons seems to work far better than allowing one's kids to sit around tinkering with cars, obsessing with hair and makeup, allowing them just to "hang out," or obsessively playing sports like football or "cheerleading."

I once worked with a man who fled Vietnam during the 1975 debacle. He was well educated in his home country, but his English was faulty at times. He supported his family of three children on his salary from our company and whatever his wife earned. He told me that he and his three children sat around the dining room table every night so that that the kids could complete their homework together under his eyes. Result: three graduates of the University of Virginia, all in engineering.

Shut up about "race" and just do it.

Wrong.

Don't get me wrong, Race is indeed real but the person to whom I was responding doesn't think so, and was trying to have it both ways.

See? Your theory works.

You were interested enough to respond multiple times so don't stop now...

I am not sure if you can change your vote on the poll once you come back with the truth.

Wrong.

To be fair, at least C_Clayton provided some sort of evidence. In this "thread about science," you have made some claims about science without providing evidence of them.

No, Clayton wanted it both ways. His point was that Race wasn't but Racism was. You can't have it both ways.

See? Your theory works.

You were interested enough to respond multiple times so don't stop now...

I am not sure if you can change your vote on the poll once you come back with the truth.
Okie dokie.

Wrong.

Yeah, kind of like gender.

It's a bit similar. Gender is being looked at as a separate thing from biology by many. Gender and sex are becoming terms with different meaning.

The difference would be that, at least according to the article Clayton linked, there is no distinct difference in biology for race that is being broken away from. At least, that's what I took from it.

Wrong.

No, Clayton wanted it both ways. His point was that Race wasn't but Racism was. You can't have it both ways.

Maybe, but race can not exist as a biological classification yet be real from a social standpoint. Perhaps more importantly, even if race is not a real thing, people can still treat it as if it is. I can't say what Clayton was intending.

I have a genetically high IQ. Without my parents developing it, I would be an idiot.
If white or black children were raised by Asian parents, they would all see an increase in their intelligence.
Asian children that did not qualify for elementary school ended up in rice fields. They had no choice but to comprehend early in life. Asian parents that move here, insist that their children excel. So, they are expected to and do become proficient.
That degree of impetus is not visited on white children, and even less in blacks and Hispanics.

I have a genetically high IQ. Without my parents developing it, I would be an idiot.
If white or black children were raised by Asian parents, they would all see an increase in their intelligence.
Asian children that did not qualify for elementary school ended up in rice fields. They had no choice but to comprehend early in life. Asian parents that move here, insist that their children excel. So, they are expected to and do become proficient.
That degree of impetus is not visited on white children, and even less in blacks and Hispanics.

Of course... intelligence is both genetic and environmental, or rather a combination of genes and environment.

Given your story, it's no surprise that Asians developed genetically high intellect. The ones who weren't intelligent continued to the fields to die a slow gruesome death. Sounds like the blessing is the consequence of immense suffering.

Wrong.

Maybe, but race can not exist as a biological classification yet be real from a social standpoint. Perhaps more importantly, even if race is not a real thing, people can still treat it as if it is. I can't say what Clayton was intending.
Ancestry is lying to millions of people about their DNA tests if race is not real....not biological (DNA is biological).

Of course... intelligence is both genetic and environmental, or rather a combination of genes and environment.

Given your story, it's no surprise that Asians developed genetically high intellect. The ones who weren't intelligent continued to the fields to die a slow gruesome death. Sounds like the blessing is the consequence of immense suffering.
Max potential is genetic. Acheiveing the maximum result is environmental.

Forum List

Back