Are you better off than you were four years ago?

are you really that stupid?

You think inflation is eating up tens of thousands of dollars a year?

Add in to this we moved into a new house we had built a year ago and even with the higher rates our power bill has been about 1/3 of what it was in our previous house due to this one being smaller and far more efficient. Lower housing payment each month and I drive about 1/5 of what I was driving in 2019.

Even if your sale taxes remained the same, you're still paying more sales tax than previous because the items you purchase are costing more. You'll be paying more in income taxes and probably property taxes,. They say its costing the average family $7,000 more per year to live due to inflation. BTW the cost of that new home costs a lot more than it would have in 2019. All those new appliances, drapes and other fixtures to outfit that home costs more. So you're free to delude yourself if you wish, just don't expect me to join you.

Even if your sale taxes remained the same, you're still paying more sales tax than previous because the items you purchase are costing more. You'll be paying more in income taxes and probably property taxes,. They say its costing the average family $7,000 more per year to live due to inflation. BTW the cost of that new home costs a lot more than it would have in 2019. All those new appliances, drapes and other fixtures to outfit that home costs more. So you're free to delude yourself if you wish, just don't expect me to join you.

You are free to wallow in your misery, the wife and I have never been doing better.

But then again, I do not tie my success to a political party like you.

Again STFU. Look what its doing to average Americans... You are saying I got mine and fuck every one else.

Freaking Trucks now cost what a house used to cost.
Again, you don’t control how I respond. I wasn’t even talking to you when I answered the OP.

The majority of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck. That was before covid and before inflation.

People like you should make better decisions instead of blaming your failures on inflation. Plenty of us are doing better in the last four years.

or 3?

who the fuck spends 750 on electricity?
Someone who won't put in give-aways to put a solar panel on her roof because they're known to confuse migrant birds whose droppings feed the tall pine forest nearby. If everybody does it, we will not have forests any more. I'm not going to contribute to losing the forests. As a consequence, I will have to spend four or five hundred dollars more on electricity and suffer being thought of as a stupid kook, just like you think. I live in the country, and my well runs on electricity, and a veteran charity I support that's nobody else's business.

Again, you don’t control how I respond. I wasn’t even talking to you when I answered the OP.

The majority of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck. That was before covid and before inflation.

People like you should make better decisions instead of blaming your failures on inflation. Plenty of us are doing better in the last four years.
I make more money now dick head.

You ignore the average people who are being destroyed by this inflation

If he has a mortgage like yours, that's actually deflationary. CD rates are higher than most current fixed term mortgages.
And if you don't have credit card debt you avoid the 25% interest they're charging.

He doesn't he just moved to a new home. My credit cards pay me 1.5% cash back and I haven't paid a penny in interest in decades. I use my credit cards to pay all my bills and get money back on everyone.

Someone who won't put in give-aways to put a solar panel on her roof because they're known to confuse migrant birds whose droppings feed the tall pine forest nearby. If everybody does it, we will not have forests any more. I'm not going to contribute to losing the forests. As a consequence, I will have to spend four or five hundred dollars more on electricity and suffer being thought of as a stupid kook, just like you think. I live in the country, and my well runs on electricity, and a veteran charity I support that's nobody else's business.

I do not have solar panels on my roof and even when it was 90 plus for more than a month straight our bill never got above 220, and I run my AC as low as 68 at night.

are you really that stupid?

You think inflation is eating up tens of thousands of dollars a year?

Add in to this we moved into a new house we had built a year ago and even with the higher rates our power bill has been about 1/3 of what it was in our previous house due to this one being smaller and far more efficient. Lower housing payment each month and I drive about 1/5 of what I was driving in 2019.
What did Biden and the Dems do to make that happen?

Chances are your "1/3 of what it was" electrical bill would have been even lower!

Your driving distance was not changed by the government now, was it?

You are a poor liar.

Last edited:
My monthly electric bill went from around $200 to $750 in less than a year.
Holy smokes! Our electric bill has never been over $200 in the worst of times! It did used to be when we first moved here, never higher than $100 bucks, so it has doubled over the past 17 years!

But I try to remember, we do not have the summer heat and central air conditioning to pay for....like y'all in the South.....

We do have big heating oil bills in the winter, for a forced hot water system that does not use electricity for fans and blowers.... And even our hot water for showers is from the house oil heat, so no electric hot water heater either....

Forum List

Back